• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluezaft

The True Zaft

Use this Axxo.

It helps. ;)
You realize if you use my picture you'll have to pay me royalties. 10% of the TVs and cubes you bring in, just ship to me.

Edit: I wish I knew about this. I actually drove through Houston at 10am today.

Shök

Smash Champion
Actually, I'm not attending this.

So I wont have to pay royalties to Bluezaft.

Will a cookie do?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Jeremy came over earlier today and owned my *** 9/10 times so instead of making my bad day get worse in a tourney I slept in. Lack of sleep was probably my problem anyways, but I'd rather not risk it. Woke up around 4:30 or so and made it a lazy day.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Jeremy came over earlier today and owned my *** 9/10 times so instead of making my bad day get worse in a tourney I slept in. Lack of sleep was probably my problem anyways, but I'd rather not risk it. Woke up around 4:30 or so and made it a lazy day.
Yo, Aron whats up with something going down like tommorow (Monday) early in the day... or possibly later tonight.

G@BE

Smash Lord
You should have came to Axxo's, Jeremy. It was nothing but melee and it was some fun. Good games to everyone.

@Axxo - Work on those things i was telling you about and Im sure you will get tonnnnns better :)

@Syba - Always a pleasure ;D

@Timerbomb - We should have done more of those marth ditto's with no f-smash they were super fun... and scary T_T

@Paul and Xzalla - you two deserve the same post line... simply because i hate ganon's and i suck vs them but very very very good games :D

@Sethlon - roy main

Velox

Smash Ace
evidentially my post last night was a figment of my imagination..

Timberbomb, you're really cool and the most up -and-coming player I've seen. You were really good actually.

Sybawave, I won't soon forget those shines XD You're the shine master, I'm not going to be able to get any sleep tonight. You're not at all how I'd thought u'd be (to be honest), you're pretty cool.

Gabe's mom: You were the best player there baby ;)

Sethlon, **** you. Nice reality check there at the end.

Axxo, thank you for hosting the event.

ohh, and I was gunna say.. O.M.G., now that I've meet him, does anyone else notice startling similarities between Sybawave and the late Jake XIII? They even both play Fox!

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
velox - you spelled my name slightly wrong but it's ok. nice to meet you and good matches.

gabe - i just wanted to do no fsmash dittos because i normally don't use fsmash with marth at all, lol.

axxo - thank you for hosting and it was fun almost 4 stocking you in alot of matches, lol.

xzalla & dawn - it was fun playing teams with yall, i have a few matches recorded that i will upload.

sethlon - my pichu can beat your roy =]

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Timberbomb- That was a VERY fun single match we had, we'll have to play more at the next one
Xzalla- I hate dittos lol, but we still had good games
Gabe- Marth is the worst character ever, go back to Falcon ;_; j/k, it was tons of fun
Sybawave- You're tricky as always
Axxo- You are MUCH better than last time I played you.
Anyone else- I don't think I played you

Popertop

Smash Champion
So I don't get any shoutouts?

Anyways.

Jeremy Feifer - It was really cool of you to show up man, you are really good at this game. I couldn't even compare to you. YOu kicked my *** in tourney man, good ****.

Paul - I had fun playing you (slipperiest Ganon I ever saw ;)), we need to hang out more when I'm in town. And sry X(

Syba - GG's, I found your weakness lol. Teams games were lots of fun against you.

Axxo - GG's man those teams matches were too much.

G@be - Thanks for the little lesson, I need to learn more from you next time. Marth is just too good, has too much range I can't beat him.

Timerbomb - We didn't play. I'll MM you eventually. Jiggs Vs Fox?

Velox - It was really fun teaming with you, Falcon Jiggs is just too ****. Except when you knee me >XD

Sethlon - Man, you play Roy. GG's, and in GUlity Gear too. I took like what, 2 games off you out of around 30? Didn't win a whole match yeah. But that was really fun and intense. I promise I'll be less trash next time.

I didn't play Velox, Timer, and Stark. I'll have to play y'all next time.

Sry Zaft, I stayed in houston on Sat., but you should have come that would have been really fun. Eventually I'm going to make a trip to Dallas, Beaumont might come with.

I had lots of fun at this thing and got some good experience.
I hope there's an actual tourney next time.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Axxo: Fun stuff, lookin forwad to another one :) I can probly bring my Tv next time, if that'd help with setups.

Gabe: Marths broken.

Timerbomb: I ain't scared of your little thunder bunny :mad:

Sybawave: You're better than I expected...good ****

Velox: You always took the first stocks, and I was always somehow bringing it back, haha. You've gotten better :)

Poptart: GGs in GG :) I'll practice up and show you some real combos next time. If you bring your ps2 again I can bring Accent Core.

Clueless: Didn't get any matches, but its still cool to see you around. Got a wife and kid and you're still coming to smash fests? Way too good.

GGs to everyone else I played, too.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Sethlon - i'm just messin around,lol, but I don't get why pichu is bottom of the bottom tier..it doesn't make any sense.

Popertop - i will accept that MM, your jiggs vs my fox. though i didn't know you played jiggs.

Gabe - ....not sure? fox perhaps if i'm playing well that day

Clue - yeah sorry it was kinda rushed since i had to go but we definetly will play more matches

Velox - it's cool. and thank you for not uthrow ->usmashing in fox dittos

G@BE

Smash Lord
Sethlon - i'm just messin around,lol, but I don't get why pichu is bottom of the bottom tier..it doesn't make any sense.
First of all
He hurts him self
His priority is down right shiz. He has like 2 good attacks and he can't really combo. He is kinda light... really light and he can be combo'd chaingrabbed...blah blah blah blah blah

pichu is horrible

bearr knows what im talking about ;D jk

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
First of all
He hurts him self
His priority is down right shiz. He has like 2 good attacks and he can't really combo. He is kinda light... really light and he can be combo'd chaingrabbed...blah blah blah blah blah

pichu is horrible

bearr knows what im talking about ;D jk
i think i'm gonna have a heart attack

Chris.T.

Smash Rookie
Link smash!!
I know i need to improve a whole lot more. I just got into the competitive scene where i don't know any of the people around houston. Can i get some feedback from some of you guys? Sethlon, I'd really like to get feedback from you though.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice

baka4moé

Smash Champion
man I'd like to go to the next one. I haven't really played in a while, and I don't really know too much of the community (like you Chris T). Anyway, is December a melee month or a melee/brawl month for your tournies, Axxo?

oh, and on a more random note (since you don't really know me), Shok, nice sig =). Is it from any show or game?

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
man I'd like to go to the next one. I haven't really played in a while, and I don't really know too much of the community (like you Chris T). Anyway, is December a melee month or a melee/brawl month for your tournies, Axxo?

oh, and on a more random note (since you don't really know me), Shok, nice sig =). Is it from any show or game?

Yea melee/brawl month....next one is next after hobo 13

No Johns................

and what does your name mean? forgot to ask you ^_^
No but seriously other team better sry....
and its just a name

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
If anyone is interested Im taking money matches 5$ each to everyone excluding Ronnie.

Gabe,James,Alex...anyone MM? 5$?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I don't want Jeremy to go broke so I won't offer him a MM =P

Sorry guys my comp is dead so I have to go to school and type on that one.

Sethlon - You're better than I expected too lol I was trying to figure out how a person who plays Roy could be so good but now I know lol thanks

Gabe - Stop changing your avatar XD it confueses me each time you do it...and I beat your Marth(HA!) =)

Velox - That was fun lol you have a good Marth keep it up we need more Marth players lol btw I main Marth not Fox

Axxo - Good games man lol enjoyed watching you fourstock someone XD then I enjoyed fourstocking you even more =P you are a lot better than most of the people who played SSBB and switched back for being such a short time.

Paul - I hate Ganon vs Marth matches lol I think it's rigged...Spacies vs Ganon seem so much more fair

Dawn - You left too early =( but we still got to play the next day which is cool. O and who were those guys that were with you? Axxo told me but I keep forgetting XD Cage and Lloyd?

I'm forgetting everyone <_< I need to go back and look at who all posted and gave shoutouts

Was Stark and Bacon there? Did I play y'all? And where was Timerbomb in all this? Could've asked to get ***** by me lol

Popertop - ....****ing flying gumdrop! *Uthrow < Rest* O aren't you cool lol XD jk But seriously I hate those Puffs but you do have a good Jiggs

O yeah, Von&Dawn are the best at teams lol

Chris T.: Change characters XDDD jk spam more and only grab when you know it'll get them. And do that cool thing JF showed us lol if you can do that you won't even have to worry about anything else

SSBM is a glitchy broken game lol you don't get anywhere unless you play with Marth or Fox XD stupid Shines and 10 ft long sword with a 2 ft tipper >=O

Btw, you left too early to Velox lol stay longer next time...

Who all is going to next weekend's? I'll only go if there are 3+ awesome players there lol

Gabe, where and what time? I can't go if it's in your area lol I like Axxo's thing, it's almost in the middle for all of us. Axxo is awesome!

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, oh, I didn't know that Sybawave, I dunno about that though, I have to express the number of Marths now in scientific notation.

yeah, I had to leave and kill zombies, cept instead of left4dead we ended up playing that zombie game in the new call of duty, we had it planned for over a week.

I'll probably go to the Dallas melee tournament this weekend though.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< man...finals are the next week so I get to spend like almost 0 time playing games this weekend lol I'll be surprised if I make it to Axxo's thing =( Bluezaft made his tournament date for High School scrubs >=O

And how many "good" Marths do we have? Gabe, you, and me lol any one else just has a Marth and it's crap...btw I didn't say Ronnie because he plays and owns with all characters XD

O and using Y to have a fast spacie is BS! X is just as good

LOL at those teams matches XD

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
<_< man...finals are the next week so I get to spend like almost 0 time playing games this weekend lol I'll be surprised if I make it to Axxo's thing =( Bluezaft made his tournament date for High School scrubs >=O

And how many "good" Marths do we have? Gabe, you, and me lol any one else just has a Marth and it's crap...btw I didn't say Ronnie because he plays and owns with all characters XD

O and using Y to have a fast spacie is BS! X is just as good

LOL at those teams matches XD
I got my final exam in my pocket. Anyways, Aaron, you bringing back the tournies????

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I was at the very front tv(the one on the roll down screen) the whole time. And idk where you got the "Y button to have a fast spacie" thing because i use X.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Axxo said it lol and **** YEAH! Our fastest Fox layer uses X lol in your face! jk jk

And we need to play next time we're in the same spot lol

Btw, there were many team matches that night XD and Dawn left too early for me to actually start winning them. Basically, all my team matches that night were horrible (by that I mean I wouldn't compete with y'all, sorryz) but insanely fun =) I seriously think that those were the funnest team battles I've ever played lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom