• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I live near Katy, where exactly are you? You can PM me your address and I'll mapquest it I guess.
Ah thats pretty far, but I PMed you my address.

ozz3000 whose all going to your fest?
I think Pacness said he will come and if he does he will probably bring Tonyrulz with him.
Besides that its just 4-5 friends that don't have accounts here so you wouldn't know em.....

QUIVO

Smash Master
GGs everyone I played last night. Good ****. It was fun seeing how Houston players are.

THanks for running the fest popertop. I'll try to go to the midnight gaming or gamestop tournament tomorrow.

heytallman

CTALL
Wow, Poptart's Smashfest was too good. Shout out time?

Poptart: As I just said, excellent fest, you had a great turnout, very good for a first one.

RT: Thanks for the ride, as always.

Roy: For all the times we see each other/hang out, I realized I NEVER get to play you. I got close sometimes...

Allan: Thanks for commenting on how much I've improved. We gotta play some Mario Kart online sometime.

Cesar: Dang your ROB was sick in the crew battles!!

QUIVO It was cool meeting you and hearing all about Ohio/midwest smashers. Texas is still better though.

Stiltz: Glad you could make it, despite being so late. Always a pleasure.

Jeremy: Holy f I can't believe how insanely good you were. You completely ***** me in every match we played. Jeremy for God tier!

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
*imitating Borat voice* GREAT SUCCESS!

Resume: thanks for coming we had some funny team matches when you first got there. We didn't get to play Melee. :( I gotta try my climbers against you.
Freggin Squirtle and his Blueness one the Red Team :( I freakin killed you on accident cause I couldn't figure out what team I was on sometimes >_<

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
if you guys are looking for some more smash meetups, i thikn i've found the right place.

i just recently found out that the Houston Public Library has a game room that people can play in. like wiis and **** like that.

they got brawl too..

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
if you guys are looking for some more smash meetups, i thikn i've found the right place.

i just recently found out that the Houston Public Library has a game room that people can play in. like wiis and **** like that.

they got brawl too..
whats the address? depending of how far it is, i might go if anything happens there

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

they got brawl too..
Da Fv(K?....

Aion

Smash Rookie
whats the deal with the monthlies, last i played was at planet zero. alen are you still alive?

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
Ceaser: GGs and thanks for the 3rd strike tips I'll be solid when we play at PZ.
yeah ggs man and hopefully you will be solid when you got to pz so we can have better 3s matches :)

Cesar: Dang your ROB was sick in the crew battles!!
haha thx man :bee: I dind't get to play you though :ohwell: next time

so who's going to tomorrows tourney?? I know roy and rt are going and so am I

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe some of you guys were doubting Jeremy like that. He said he was good!

whats the address? depending of how far it is, i might go if anything happens there
The address is 500 McKinney Houston, TX 77002 (the one with the colorful floor tiles outside..).

Adding on with what i didn't post earlier, the HPL has a game room which is located on the 4th floor. The game room already have 3 wiis from what I've seen, also to include a part of the room to play games solo.

You can play all the games they have IF ONLY you have a MEMBERSHIP CARD there. To get a membership, you have to bring some sorta of ID and talk to someone who's in the game room.. 18+ can either show a state ID or driver's license and 17 n below can show school ID or driver's license also with parent's consent...

A friend of mine told me about it a few days ago.. I played brawl today, but I didn't need to get any verification from anyone. Just ask some fellow players there and I'm sure they'll let ya play.. BYOC if none of yous like playing with the wii controller..

oh yea, i hope you guys like smashballs w/ 10x stock on newporkcity!! if not, you can ask politely to change it.. or yall can feel free to read some spanish mangas with me :)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yo houston its been awhile...i laptop crapped out on me and took me 3 days to fix it on my own...it still has a few bugs...but i will work those out later...

also xzalla i hard about that also...but there is another one at my library near my school...the librarys name is Carnegie Branch Library and they are doing the same thing except for on Thursdays starting at 1:00-3:30 and later is there is an adult supervisor in there...but you don't need anything to go in there...they also have free food at times...although the people that go are horrible players, they are people who believe they are good but they aren't...but there are some potenial winners in there so me and pimpslap try to help them out...

if you wanna go i can't Really remember the address but if you pm me i will look it up and tell you...also it near pimpslaps and axxos house

heytallman

CTALL
whats the deal with the monthlies, last i played was at planet zero. alen are you still alive?
Dude Aion me and Allan were talking about you the other day, wondering if YOU were still alive lol

Come to Planet Zero on July 26th, a tournament will happen

I can't believe some of you guys were doubting Jeremy like that. He said he was good!
I don't know if you picked up on my sarcasm and played along, but Jeremy wasn't there. He never showed. Also, how've you been, it's been quite a while. I hear you don't play Brawl anymore?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Allright XZalla, now we need to have an HPL smashfest!
But yeah, central houston seems kinda ... central.
Nice and .... central, bein all centrally and stuff.

Yeah, results from the smashfest are promising, still need to talk to my parents about future ones.
I wanna do one before stiltz roy hylian and seth go off to FAST, so that would be awesome. Like they all come over and spend the night and leave the next day that would be cool. But yeah, still need to get that one cleared. And everyone will have equal shares of pizza (lol stockpizzamarket) and if you don't pay you don't eat, and it will be strictly enforced (I'm looking at you VOID). And PLZ if we can have this fest PLZ bring more setups! I have two tvs, but I don't have a wii, so it's critical that the community contributes to this. I'll have word on whether or not we can have it soon.

Tuxedo Maniac, out.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
lol silly houston, you scared off the beaumont locals from meh tourneys!

anyway, my last smash tourney of the summer will be on august 9th.

it was scheduled for august 2nd before the knights of columbus HOBO and PNT one, but i changed the date so people might show up.

please, make this one a tourney to remember guys!

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
hey allan, my phone got stolen and i just got a new one and i need your number

i really wanna learn how to be good at brawl but my wii's broke so it's kinda hard. the fact that it's nowhere near as good as melee also makes it pretty hard :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, smashfests in a library. The irony is overwhelming.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
hey allan, my phone got stolen and i just got a new one and i need your number

i really wanna learn how to be good at brawl but my wii's broke so it's kinda hard. the fact that it's nowhere near as good as melee also makes it pretty hard :(
Hey james, whats up?

XZalla, yo... lets get together at library for some melee...

IDoes anyone want to be my back up ride to PZ?... right now my only ride is Doxa?

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
s**t I know it sounds dumb to ask but does anybody know if midnight championship allows gamecube controllers for their ssbb tournament instead of wiimotes because on their site the rules that they have are melee rules :ohwell:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They allowed people to bring controllers last year for Melee so bring one in case. MGC seems to know what a decent ruleset is, since last year's weren't bad. They just need to have non-laggy TVs...guess we'll see.

Oh geez, I just realized...I hope they have the secret characters unlocked. Otherwise, it'd be ********. They didn't last year, people had to bring memory cards to use secret characters. People should bring Wiis as backups...

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
They allowed people to bring controllers last year for Melee so bring one in case. MGC seems to know what a decent ruleset is, since last year's weren't bad. They just need to have non-laggy TVs...guess we'll see.

Oh geez, I just realized...I hope they have the secret characters unlocked. Otherwise, it'd be ********. They didn't last year, people had to bring memory cards to use secret characters. People should bring Wiis as backups...
I was thinking the same thing dude and from what I think thats what may happen :(:(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, iPhone...

But yeah, bring your Wii if you can.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
woot, I'm finally back from vacation, haven't played brawl or done anything on the internet the whole time. Looks like now would be the chance for some of you to actually beat me since I'm out of practice :p (They should invent a sarcasm button for the internet).

Anyways, hopefully everyone else has gotten better throughout the time I've been gone so I can have some more challenge at the next tourny, since I was better than most people I brawled in friendlies at the last PZ tourny :p

onii-chan

Smash Ace
pope, yes brutally touched...there such thing...i think...

iPhones...yes...they are satanic devices put on this earth to absorb your soul directly in to hell wirelessly...hell has beefed up there technology...sadly heaven only redeems your souls with that new samsung phone...to bad no ones really buying it...

ok KRD this tourney coming up i will friendly you...i won't enter the tourney because i am short on cash so i will have plenty of time to play you

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Beaumont tourney didn't happen. It became a smashfest due to lack of participants. I blame it on EVERYONE who didn't go. That means 99% of Houston is responsible. Shame on you ALL.

I don't plan on going to the next one if this happens again...

Ah well, there's still the PZ one to look forward to...

Popertop

Smash Champion
The tourney didn't happen because only six people showed up.
I'm looking at you Austin! (city)
I'm looking at you HOuston!

But yeah, so we basically had a smashfest at the place.
Fun games with RoyR.
I'm picking up an alt, but I don't know who my third character will be yet.
I still have to do some research. :)

EDIT: Lawl rocketrainer we just owned Houston simultaneously.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
ok KRD this tourney coming up i will friendly you...i won't enter the tourney because i am short on cash so i will have plenty of time to play you
Ok. I mostly joke around when I say I'm one of the best I know in Houston, because I've never backed that up ;p I think... I don't know who all I was battling in friendlies at the last PZ tourny.

Top Bottom