• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Furry Footage: Lucario Video Thread

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
double lucario is the absolute truthiest team in existence.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
So my cousins and I have begun streaming (The NZA, top three Ness in PM, Apollo Ali, GEEB!, 2Fraimz), so I'll be trying to link some of my matches on here. I'm pretty psyched with the stuff I'm doing with Lucario, so I'll definitely show ya. I also experiment a lot in these matches, so some stuff is pretty damn risky and probably not the right option, but there's some stuff which DEFINITELY works.

http://www.twitch.tv/radbrowndads/b/540783737:
KhanYe East (Me) v. GEEB! (Ganon) (Just one game here, but I like how I played ahahah)
http://www.twitch.tv/radbrowndads/b/540797946
(16:50) KhanYe East (Me) v. GEEB! (Ganon)
(25:00) KhanYe East (Me) v. Apollo Ali (Dedede, Link)
(36:10) KhanYe East (Me) v. The NZA (Wolf, Ness)

I'd reaaaally appreciate some criticism. Some **** I noticed was that I go for Uairs out of up throws too much, when nair or fair is probably a more consistent option. Also, a lot of times when I do aerial force palms with no one around me, those are botched B-reversed ASCs. I also definitely went for aerial force palms too much off the edge when nairs would do the trick, but I'm trying to find out the exact spacing I have to have to land the spike, so that's why I did 'em so much. I have way more games on that Twitch channel, and some teams stuff with Lucario. We'll be streaming frequently this summer so definitely give us a follow.

I think I have the potential to become a top three Lucario player. I'll be working hard to get there this summer.

Last edited:

Lovecraft

Smash Apprentice
@ KhanYe KhanYe
I really like your grab followups. Very crisp and no nonsense.

I'd like to see more Extreme Speed + Aura Cancels between combos, they are very good at linking combos together and adding needed aggression. Especially on characters like Ness that like to space Pk Fires and such; I face a Ness regularly and I find that being in their face with fast combos linked by UpBs and cancelled properly is very effective.

Personally I prefer Jab on my Down-B cancels as an approach option as apposed to D-tilt because it's easier to follow up on. But Lucario is so adaptive and creative, I'm sure you have your reasons for favoring dtilt.

Very solid movement and overall a very nice display.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
@ Lovecraft Lovecraft - First of all, dope name ahahaha. I totally agree that I could use more Extreme Speeds and Aura Cancels, I'll definitely throw more of those into my game. The reason I do D-tilt is because jabs can generally be interrupted by crouch-cancelled dtilts with a lot of characters, as opposed to a sweetspot D-tilt, which will pop you up, and I like following up on people in the air. I really appreciate the crit my man [:

Risky

Smash Ace
I haven't been playing at all, and almost didn't attend last night. Glad I went though. I might just pick Bowser/Mario next time vs you -.-

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
Riskyyyyyyy I'm so bummed we didn't have a more hype set. Last game was dope besides the SD though. We have fun timez.EVENTUALLY I'll break into top ten. I think I got it in me. Also picking up a secondary to cover floaties/Squirtle lmao.

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
Riskyyyyyyy I'm so bummed we didn't have a more hype set. Last game was dope besides the SD though. We have fun timez.EVENTUALLY I'll break into top ten. I think I got it in me. Also picking up a secondary to cover floaties/Squirtle lmao.
Who?

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
Anyhoo, here's Risky and my ditto in bracket. We're 1-1 with each other in Lucario dittos, pretty bummed with how I played in terms of suicides, but there's definitely some stuff worth looking at in here from both of us. I have ****tons of respect for Risky as a dude and a player, and I couldn't be more hyped at how well we're doing. I still think my Lucario's better tho ;]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8tQJhv_ZVo

EDIT - Also put up was my game with this guy Vof. Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80TEgeTYGE

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
I haven't been practicing Lucario at all and didn't plan to play him /johns/. Pretty sure I would have lost without him though.

You're improving quickly. Your Lucario may be better than mine, sure. Last time I checked mine has a better record against most of SG... (Wolf and Sora included) <3

I have a few godlike counterpicks if we get paired again. I'll make you spend time learning a secondary.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been practicing Lucario at all and didn't plan to play him /johns/. Pretty sure I would have lost without him though.

You're improving quickly. Your Lucario may be better than mine, sure. Last time I checked mine has a better record against most of SG... (Wolf and Sora included) <3

I have a few godlike counterpicks if we get paired again. I'll make you spend time learning a secondary.
Try it *****. We'll see what happens. And I'll get to Wolf and Sora soon, I'm gonna come regularly and make NOIIIIISE.

And my secondaries are gonna be dope. I'm making top ten at least next time.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Yay more stream time! I got a game or two in on stream at the most recent tournament in the area (No two hour drive! Woo!). One match in which I faired almost too well, one in which I didn't. Like... at all.

Darkgun(Lucario) vs. Youngblood(C. Falcon) - Loser's Bracket
Post game notes: Youngblood and I both agreed that he was off his game that match. It was a win, but it wasn't quite as hype as it could've been. :T

Darkgun(Lucario) vs. Shokio(Roy) - Loser's Bracket
Post match notes: I learned some new Roy things with this one. DI fair away, play the spacing game, nair shield pokes, if correctly spaced Roy's nair>dtilt on string is super hard to block. Next time I play a matchup with a character that demands spacing play, I'll be sure to use aura sphere more, and in general, mixing up followups on opponents that tech, as DA is unsafe if spot dodged, though fsmash or a jab string isn't near as bad.

Oh, and critiques are always welcome, naturally. ^^

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
@ KhanYe KhanYe , that was certainly a good performance! I'll happily admit that your use of DTC is beyond awesome, as the best I can come up with is something that feels like "derpyderpOHMYGOODNESSDTC>FSMASH", whereas you've got some form of intent when you use that charge.

A quick tip that, though here I didn't see you encounter this situation but once [1:45]. At higher percentages, DA(late)>ASC sets up brilliantly into aerials, as you will likely have plenty of time to land the followup hit. Also, while it does help provide positional pressure, >ASC>DT isn't incredibly safe. Your use [3:36] of it wasn't necessarily problematic, but there was the potential for problems (and you noticed that an spot-dodged).

Past that, great stuff. Defensive spacing with concise, safe followups that usually ended with a positional advantage.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
@ KhanYe KhanYe , that was certainly a good performance! I'll happily admit that your use of DTC is beyond awesome, as the best I can come up with is something that feels like "derpyderpOHMYGOODNESSDTC>FSMASH", whereas you've got some form of intent when you use that charge.

A quick tip that, though here I didn't see you encounter this situation but once [1:45]. At higher percentages, DA(late)>ASC sets up brilliantly into aerials, as you will likely have plenty of time to land the followup hit. Also, while it does help provide positional pressure, >ASC>DT isn't incredibly safe. Your use [3:36] of it wasn't necessarily problematic, but there was the potential for problems (and you noticed that an spot-dodged).

Past that, great stuff. Defensive spacing with concise, safe followups that usually ended with a positional advantage.
Thanks for the crit! I definitely need to ASC outta dash attack more at late percentages, I reaaaaaally love what you did against the Falcon player with your DA->ASC->DA strings. Super cool utility against fast fallers, I might have to steal that from ya ;] The only thing I'd suggest is more DA->Utilt strings on Falcon, he's super easy to juggle with utilts. Otherwise, Captain Falcon is combo food and Lucario does have that matchup pretty solidly, so good job!

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Tourney Locator's pumpin' out the videos really quick this week! Here's the few from stream that I participated in.

Darkgun(Lucario) vs. Disafter(Lucas) - Winner's Bracket
Post game notes: Lucas feels difficult to approach (which if you've been around for any length of time I'm sure you're blown away by the fact that Lucario has a hard time approaching [/sarcasm]), and in the case of Disafter, I found it particularly hard to space against and punish falling fair. It also seems easier and safer to respond to read grab attempts with a roll, since an early spot dodge can still be punished by the long duration of the grab box.

Darkgun(Lucario) vs. Denti(Ivysaur, Lucario) - Loser's Bracket
Post game notes: not much to comment on, really. Tilting one's shield to block attacks is almost mandatory in the Ivy matchup, as shield pokes are far from rare. I, unfortunately was getting sloppy offstage, and that cost several stocks. But talk about an awesome R1 finish.
R2: Darkgun confirmed fraud. But jeez is the Lucario ditto always fun. XD

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Not exactly match footage, but here's a combo video of me made by Gallo, featuring a lot of Lucario stuff :3

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
**These are a bit loud, so make sure you don't have over 50% volume on your main speakers**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fQFSwoqWdc&list=UUmrt1syyql1hf74Usn4RDxQ Part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnBUu5YN-_8&index=9&list=UUmrt1syyql1hf74Usn4RDxQ Part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRnA65XGJ74&list=UUmrt1syyql1hf74Usn4RDxQ&index=8 Part 3.

These are me vs Lobo's Donkey Kong. I'd love some critique on my gameplay. Lobo's a pretty solid player so I feel there's alot to be analyzed in these games.

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Freaking iPunchKidz rocked it so hard that tournament! Unsurprisingly, I couldn't take a game off him either. His punish game was considerably more consistent than mine. One of the neat things another local Lucario player picked up on was that iPK would land an aerial out of a SH/FH, follow with ES, then use his second jump to either assure the cancel followup would connect or to disengage. Personally, I noticed that there were lots of ups: DA>usmash(1st)>ASC>usmash(3rd)>ASC>[FF]uair>ASC>etc. Dude'd just... go to town. I didn't see many touch of death out of him (but I suppose an average of what I would surmise to be 70% on contact is pretty darned close), but his combos were clean and finished on strong hits, which is more than I could ever say about my own.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Freaking iPunchKidz rocked it so hard that tournament! Unsurprisingly, I couldn't take a game off him either. His punish game was considerably more consistent than mine. One of the neat things another local Lucario player picked up on was that iPK would land an aerial out of a SH/FH, follow with ES, then use his second jump to either assure the cancel followup would connect or to disengage. Personally, I noticed that there were lots of ups: DA>usmash(1st)>ASC>usmash(3rd)>ASC>[FF]uair>ASC>etc. Dude'd just... go to town. I didn't see many touch of death out of him (but I suppose an average of what I would surmise to be 70% on contact is pretty darned close), but his combos were clean and finished on strong hits, which is more than I could ever say about my own.
yeah... this match was nuts.. He seems to up smash and ASC everything @_@. his MM with amsa was a great watch too.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
@ Darkgun Darkgun On your match vs YoungBlood captain falcon, at around 1:50ish, I think it was brilliant how you were about to approach and get off the ledge with an aerial/down B or something but realized that YoungBlood had spaced properly to punish and consequently decided to not commit to an approach. Thats something I really want to incorporate into my play.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
@ Darkgun Darkgun On your match vs YoungBlood captain falcon, at around 1:50ish, I think it was brilliant how you were about to approach and get off the ledge with an aerial/down B or something but realized that YoungBlood had spaced properly to punish and consequently decided to not commit to an approach. Thats something I really want to incorporate into my play.
Thank ya kindly! I... am going to be honest in that while it would have been awesome that I made such a clever decision, at the time all I was probably thinking about was something like "It would be so hype to hit him in the face with Aura Bomb!" That and I've been spiked by Falcon's Raptor Boost enough to be wary of attempting to swat that away, I suppose.

On a fun side note, I went to DFW for a few days as got lucky enough to trade days with someone at work, so I went to two tournaments and got some stream time! Here're the matches!

---Overzealous XII---
Darkgun(Lucario) vs. Azer(Snake) - Money Match
Darkgun(Lucario) vs. Anoose(Link) - Winner's Bracket
Shokio(Roy) vs. Darkgun(Lucario) - Winner's Bracket
Anoose(Link,Mario) vs. Darkgun(Lucario) - Loser's Bracket
Azer(Snake) vs. Darkgun(Lucario) - Loser's Bracket

---Infinity & Beyond 26---
Artimus(GnW) vs. Darkgun(Lucario) - Winner's Bracket [The commentary in this was so fun to listen to later. ]

Oh, and I guess there's the video of Elza and I hitting each other repeatedly for an hour and a half. Was probably some of the best practice I have had in a while. And then the combo video he scrapped together afterwards that doesn't have much in the way of Lucario unless you count getting bodied by Luigi as "in the way of Lucario". ^^

Top Bottom