• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 28: Low Tier 1vs1 Edition! Oct 9th!! MikeHaze/Deva are coming! BRING SET-UPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Mike if you come help my Peach in the Marth matchup.

:)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think Gnes mentioned something about housing, but you can talk to him about that in private...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's only more incentive to come to this! :)

Gnes

Smash Master
I'll confirm that mike, I'll probably be housing some more people too if dojo's group bails which seems prone to happen sinces he's scared of me, but its all good.

It'll be a fun night either way. But also i can only house u for saturday/sunday so yeah.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, play me mikeHAZE! I need to get destroyed by you...

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I had decided to quit going to Brawl tournaments for now, and only go to fests, but Mike showing up? Fffffuuuuuuuu

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MikeHaze, if u attend this HOBO, ill let you into all events for free. 1vs1/2vs2/LT 1vs1. housing and transportation is free too obviously

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...Why? It wasn't free for me when I went to WHOBO 2... =(

EDIT: Wait, that's a little presumptuous. What I mean is that no one should get special treatment for attending a tournament.

:069:

Gnes

Smash Master
LOL ***** wheres your ego
YA KNOW THIS HOW WE GONNA DO THIS....

FUC THIS ***** MIKEHAZE, thinking he good and shiz just he place at national tournaments. See first we gonna give him fliphop round 1, then we gonna fly out felix for round 2, put dojo's diddy in for round 3 since dojo might lose with mk cuz all he do is plank, and if he get through all that, Let our friendly neighborhood DK Gamma bring home that win.

Mikehaze vs the Diddy Brotherhood Round 2.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's a lot of hard counterpicks there, Gnes.

Xyro77

I came from Miami, FL, but that is not my point. =/

You LIVE here now.

The reason why i allow a few people in for free(in this case, Mikehaze) is because sometimes its that little extra incentive(financial) that could bring him here where we ALL benefit. He gets to have fun/win money/drug it up with esca+louisiana and we get privilege of playing a top 3 marth.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You LIVE here now.

The reason why i allow a few people in for free(in this case, Mikehaze) is because sometimes its that little extra incentive(financial) that could bring him here where we ALL benefit. He gets to have fun/win money/drug it up with esca+louisiana and we get privilege of playing a top 3 marth.
It just seems wrong to allow anyone in for free, though. I mean, let's say I'm hosting a tournament. Ally says that he'd only be able to attend if he's allowed free entry into the tournament. I would say that he has to pay the fees like everyone else. Being good/being OoS should not get you any special privileges (well, MLG being the exception). You are a player like everyone else, and should abide by the same standards as everyone else. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair for all of the other attendants.

Xyro77

It just seems wrong to allow anyone in for free, though. I mean, let's say I'm hosting a tournament. Ally says that he'd only be able to attend if he's allowed free entry into the tournament. I would say that he has to pay the fees like everyone else. Being good/being OoS should not get you any special privileges (well, MLG being the exception). You are a player like everyone else, and should abide by the same standards as everyone else. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair for all of the other attendants.

If THAT was the case then yea i agree with you. Mike did not say that though. it was ME that offered it to him.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
So if Mike is able to attend without getting any special treatment, why offer it in the first place?

By the way, you were joking about that drug thing in the previous post... right? ._.

Xyro77

So if Mike is able to attend without getting any special treatment, why offer it in the first place?
He said he wanted to go but didnt confirm it so i assumed hes not fully decided. I threw in the incentive just to sweeten(sp?) the deal. Relax, buddy.

By the way, you were joking about that drug thing in the previous post... right? ._.
No.

There are certain people here who i KNOW(for a fact) do drugs.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Because there aren't any smashers that use drugs...

ROFL, just kidding.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He said he wanted to go but didnt confirm it so i assumed hes not fully decided. I threw in the incentive just to sweeten(sp?) the deal. Relax, buddy.
Couldn't you have at least waited until he stated his reasons for being able to or being not able to go? You sort of jumped the gun, there... >_<

Regardless, I think it was the wrong kind of "incentive" you could have given him (although I can't come up with anything else at the moment).

No.

There are certain people here who i KNOW(for a fact) do drugs.
That... really worries and depresses me, actually. :(

Xyro77

That... really worries and depresses me, actually. :(

As long as they dont do that crap in my events, i dont care what they do.

anyways, MikeHaze if you go, do u have a Low tier?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
As long as they dont do that crap in my events, i dont care what they do.

anyways, MikeHaze if you go, do u have a Low tier?
I guess I can't help feeling bad because I'm such a goody-two-shoes. I don't drink, do drugs, or smoke, and I never plan to do any of them. I don't even curse. >.>

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Who care if Mike comes for free, I certainly don't and it's Xyro's event, he can do what he wants. Polt, if you threw the event you could do whatever you wanted, but Xyro has his own way of doing things. It's not like he's making us pay extra to support Mike getting here, as long as that isn't the case I really don't see a big deal about him waving the entry fees for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom