• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 23: Full results AND all videos are up!!!!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I would donate to the Bring Doom to whobo fund anyday.
Obviously because we'd win teams and split top 2 in singles, duh.

Nah, I don't want any donations. I'd feel bad because I don't like being in debt. Once I start makin' dat money like M2K though, I'll definitely be at a lot of out of region Smash tournaments, especially in the summer.

Hyro

Smash Lord
ahh missed shoutouts, two letter names too hard to remember

P4 - fun hanging again, sorry we couldn't team, I suck at this whole find a partner thing

RT - i love how whenever i'm looking for a match you can help, you even predict who i'll be playing haha, see you at whobo

PJ - still cool as ever, sorry about stupid dittos, fun hanging tho!

Jr. (Esca) - ...it's kinda two letter lol. i like you, i should steal you from esca, teach you toon link and change your name to hyro jr.

Max Ketchum

I don't think he misinterpreted it, he probably just doesn't know the people he played in the first few rounds.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Halzy, come to WHOBO, I want to play you before I retire :( I'll even team with you, b/c Wario/MK is broke :)

We'll probably get 4th, but that's money at WHOBO :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
From the PR I think it's Zori, Zac, and myself that are retiring. Dojo was going to but not anymore since MLG picked up Brawl. It's not that many. I still **** though, so come team with me. Zac and I are old people, we have other things to do, sadly.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Psh, forget you then. Also, I thought DPHLAKE was with DMG? He's flaking already!?

I still don't know if Malcolm is coming so I may not even have a partner for WHOBO, haha.

Esca

Smash Champion
Me and Lee are teaming for WHOBO.

YEAHAHAHA.

Short shoutouts:

P4 -- Thanks for housing me buddy!

ShadOPJ -- Brawl- too good.

HyRo -- Whobo! Get ready? Lets find us some 8 fingered bytches. GOODNIGHT GOOOD NIGHT!!!

Jerm -- Dude your way too cool. My beach cabin next week.

RT -- Fun matches!

Gea -- GET TO TOURNEYS MORE OFTEN!!!

Gnes -- I really want to apologize to you for timing you out. I had to do what I had to do to win, and I feel like it drained the **** out of you. A set that long really doesn't make you feel like playing anymore. I would've gone MK too. Until next time!

Xyro -- Your ROB is getting impressive sir. Good matches. NO MORE MK!

Trela -- What did I do to make your day worse? I'm confused.

Redhalberd -- Mad chill man. Thanks for teamin with me. Maybe we can run it again someday.

Max Ketchum

I love you Doom :). Almost as much as the baptist king.
Nice try, baptist!

<3 Razer. We have to meet in person and play, we didn't do that at Apex.

lol doom it's weird seeing you here
This guy. For those of you who don't know (everyone not named Xyro), I've known Riot since 2002 from the GameFAQs Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Chao board. I know him as Globe. We go back forever, he was one of the first people I had on my wifi friends list before I went to real tournaments.

Esca Jr.

Smash Rookie
Lol hyro. hyro jr be awesome but i dont play pit i just name myself esca junior cause he is just teaching me the way of the smash.

heytallman

CTALL
For those of you who missed it or want to watch it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJD8jafClgM

So this was my first HOBO in like, 2 months. I placed better than I have at the past like, 3 HOBO's I've been at, and I'm halfman again! I also took 2nd place in low tier doubles, which was pretty awesome, winning most of my entry money back. Overall, I had a very good time, and I am very glad I got to see everyone again.

SHOUTOUTS!!!!!

First, to my best bros:

Gea - Glad you made it out to another HOBO, dude. Hanging out with you is always awesome, and we always make up the dumbest things. Which brings me to the following items: HNAKE! and BRIDGE THE GAP! Yeahhhh....too good.

Gnes - Thank you for carrying me to 2nd place in low tier doubles, buddy. I always have a good time teaming with you, especially when money is involved. Also, good stuff in singles, as always. We got WHOBO in the bag.

Allan - Even though you kinda ran all 3 events at the same time, things pretty much worked out. I had a lot of fun at this tournament, thanks for running it/etc. Also, thank you so much for your kind words about me in doubles. It feels real nice to hear so many compliments. We'll get you next time, ya scumbag.

Dina - Sorry you couldn't come, but you'd get a headache anyway. Thanks for encouraging me throughout the day with your texts. <3

P4 - lol u mad. about what? idk, but u usually mad about something.

Now, for everyone else, in order of placings and whether or not we exchanged words.

Razer - "I saved Texas." Dude, you're pretty cool. And you came the closest out of anyone to bridging the gap. Really good **** in grand finals, dude. Also, I'm sorry I underestimated your Jigglypuff, you **** opportunist.

RedHalberd - I'm glad I got to meet you, dude, you're a pretty cool guy. Come back to Texas again soon!

Esca - wtf 5th place? ****ing beast mode, dude! Good ****!

RoyR - Thanks for the cookie, and glad I got to see you again.

Trela - YOUR IKE IS A WIMP! Nah just kidding, we had some really good matches in low tiers.

Smoom - SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM your broken arm is gross looking haha

Dao - Dude, I'm glad I got to meet you. You're a really cool dude. I'm sure we'll be seeing quite a bit of each other at future smashfests and stuff.

Ozz - We didn't really talk or anything at all, but thanks for congratulating me on doing well in low tier stuff.

RT - lol

FlipHop - Glad you won some money, dude. **** UofH!

Jerm - wtf stop homing in on me in brackets!

Kirby - Good kirby and Game & Watch dude. G&W ***** all of the characters I play, haha. Good games, though.

Yosh - You've got a really good Yoshi, dude. I don't know if I'll ever recover from our match on Brinstar in doubles. That probably messed me up for life.

AAm Gun - I hope you don't get discouraged, and you'll get better (will you even see this?)

Furbs - Still think I suck? I look forward to our 10 dollar money match next time.

DeAngelo - DAWWWW you dodged me dawg. I want our money match.

Once again, great tournament, I had a blast, can't wait for WHOBO.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Oh yeah wtf happened to the 5680 million dollar money match in marvel? Who won? How bad did the other guy feel?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
1: Razer - You saved Texas, now it's time to train me.
2: RedHalberd - Thanks for doing LT dubs with me, I'm sorry I'm so bad :(. Show me how to play against Diddy?
3: Gnes - You remind me of a lady friend I once knew
5: Esca - I want a burger man
7: Xyro - RECOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
7: Hyro - Hyro is too chill
9: Smoom - F ICs and F Diddy
9: Dao - Team with me sometime :bee:
13: RT - You just had to edge hog me :(
13: FlipHop - Team with me and I'll introduce you
13: Jerm - WAHAHAHAHAHA
17: Tree - Fun friendlies
17: Zori - You didn't get your **** :mad:
17: Tallman - You little ****
17: PJ - I saw you poop yourself
25: P4 - Slowly climbing, like a small child on the Swiss alps.
33: Ran - GGs
33: Furbs - No one can beat the strawberry starfish.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
razer im proud of you. if you lost we wouldnt be friends anymore

gnes- train up my warrior next time you got it in bag;)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
RedHalbert, RedHalbrid, lol

<.< I'm still floored how there was only one MK and only one Marth.

Oh wait there were 3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Houston was pretty much the only Texas representation there. There were some OOS and maybe a couple OOC, but it was 95% Houston. And despite character diversity, Houston only has like one or two dedicated MK mains. Weird, huh?

Just for fun, breakdown of the reported characters' tiers for singles:

Top: 4
High: 18
Mid: 11
Low: 5

Smoom77

Smash Master
2: RedHalbert: Wish we coulda played some more. Your meta WRECKED me.
3: Gnes: Same, gotta play some more. I need Diddy experience.
4: Jnig: Aww, first game was close but I lost it last stock. Same with second game. Fun games.
7: Xyro: I've already told you everything.
9: Trela: oh trela.
9: Smoom: Smoom?
9: Ozz: Still don't get that matchup. -.-
13: RT: Sorry I'm so ********... -leaves you alone forever-
17: Tree: Friday was pretty fun...lol HRC.
17: PJ: Nice games, I obviously can't play TLink on PS1...
25: P4: I don't think I'll be playing you ever again.
25: Yosh: I feel so bad about winning against you. You should have won; I just got the grabs.

Top Bottom