Unity Ruleset Committee Member
- Aug 25, 2003
- Switch FC
- 5440 9697 6404
- BIGGER VENUE. That’s right. We’re still at Funplex but we’ve got an ENTIRE FLOOR to ourselves. This room can hold over 250 people. IT'S HUGE!!!!!
- THREE Brawl events. We’re running Singles, Doubles, and LOW TIER SINGLES!
- We’re teaming up with TEST YOUR SKILLS again and they will be offering Melee, MvC2, Street Fighter 4, and TvC(usa)!
- METAKNIGHT is legal in 1vs1 and 2vs2, so steal your wins while you can.
-The METAKNIGHT STAGE RULE and METAKNIGHT LEDGE GRAB RULE will be enforced this hobo. Scroll down to rules for more info.
I'm pulling out all the stops so get your *** over here to Houston, TX and experience the best HOBO thus far!!!
Venue: Fun Plex
Date/time: March 6th, 2010. Be there by 11am and we start at 12:30pm (If you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because I HATE late people).
13700 Beechnut St.
If you have problems, call Xyro (409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-300-8039)
Address specifics: GO THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE of FUNPLEX. Once inside, continue going straight untill u see a MASSIVE stair case in the MAIN AREA. Go up the stairs and take a right....you will see the gaming area. ALL players/spectators/random walk in's MUST obtain a WRIST BAND at the entrance of the HOBO room. If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops).
Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html
HOBO 23 Fees/Events: Entry=10$ wrist band, Reg 1vs1=10$, Reg 2vs2=20$(10$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 1v1=5$
TYS 8 Fees/Events: Entry=10$ wrist band(unless you already have it), SF4=10$, T6=10$, MVC2=10$, MELEE=10$ TvC=10$ (Bring Your Own Setups=Consoles/tv's/controllers)
AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8809
Live stream: Coming soon...........
www.airbrushking.net (check front page for live stream)
Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Funplex. it will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.
If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread!
Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Every person who bring a FULL SET-UP will get a ticket that grants them a FREE DRINK of their choice. Sodas/Energy drinks/bottled water......etc. Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out. If you seriously cant bring a full set up, please bring a Wii but remember you WILL NOT get that free drink.
Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1
Counter-pick: Lylat Cruise, Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Port Town, Pictochat.
Banned: Everything else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok
The PAYOUT for 1vs1 is 10$(low tier may be different)
If 1-79 players attend
If 80-100 players attend
If 101+ players attend
The PAYOUT for 2vs2 is 20$=10$ per player
1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8(or 7) minute timer
2. Items are set to "off" and "none"
3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.
Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule and Metaknight stage rule
ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
MetaKnight Stage Rule: If Player A (Meta Knight) wins first game and gets CP'd to Halberd (a CP stage), then he can stay Meta Knight. But if he loses, he can only stay Meta Knight if he CPs a starter/neutral stage. If he CP's a CP stage, then after opponent changes character (or stays) Player A has to switch off of Meta Knight.