• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 23=3/6/2010=Dao(cali) vs Gnes(tx)!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

HOBO 23

- BIGGER VENUE. That’s right. We’re still at Funplex but we’ve got an ENTIRE FLOOR to ourselves. This room can hold over 250 people. IT'S HUGE!!!!!

- THREE Brawl events. We’re running Singles, Doubles, and LOW TIER SINGLES!

- We’re teaming up with TEST YOUR SKILLS again and they will be offering Melee, MvC2, Street Fighter 4, and TvC(usa)!

- METAKNIGHT is legal in 1vs1 and 2vs2, so steal your wins while you can.

-The METAKNIGHT STAGE RULE and METAKNIGHT LEDGE GRAB RULE will be enforced this hobo. Scroll down to rules for more info.

I'm pulling out all the stops so get your *** over here to Houston, TX and experience the best HOBO thus far!!!

Venue:
Fun Plex

Date/time: March 6th, 2010. Be there by 11am and we start at 12:30pm (If you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because I HATE late people).

Address:
13700 Beechnut St.
Houston, TX
If you have problems, call Xyro (409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-300-8039)

Address specifics: GO THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE of FUNPLEX. Once inside, continue going straight untill u see a MASSIVE stair case in the MAIN AREA. Go up the stairs and take a right....you will see the gaming area. ALL players/spectators/random walk in's MUST obtain a WRIST BAND at the entrance of the HOBO room. If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops).

Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html

HOBO 23 Fees/Events: Entry=10$ wrist band, Reg 1vs1=10$, Reg 2vs2=20$(10$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 1v1=5$

TYS 8 Fees/Events: Entry=10$ wrist band(unless you already have it), SF4=10$, T6=10$, MVC2=10$, MELEE=10$ TvC=10$ (Bring Your Own Setups=Consoles/tv's/controllers)

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8809

Live stream: Coming soon...........

www.airbrushking.net (check front page for live stream)

HOUSING

Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Funplex. it will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.

If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread!

SETUPS

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Every person who bring a FULL SET-UP will get a ticket that grants them a FREE DRINK of their choice. Sodas/Energy drinks/bottled water......etc. Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out. If you seriously cant bring a full set up, please bring a Wii but remember you WILL NOT get that free drink.

RULES

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Lylat Cruise, Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Port Town, Pictochat.

Banned: Everything else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

The PAYOUT for 1vs1 is 10$(low tier may be different)

If 1-79 players attend

1st=60%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

If 80-100 players attend

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

If 101+ players attend

1st=50%
2nd=20%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=5%
7th(x2)=2.5%

The PAYOUT for 2vs2 is 20$=10$ per player

1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8(or 7) minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

BANNED

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

STALLING

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule and Metaknight stage rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

MetaKnight Stage Rule: If Player A (Meta Knight) wins first game and gets CP'd to Halberd (a CP stage), then he can stay Meta Knight. But if he loses, he can only stay Meta Knight if he CPs a starter/neutral stage. If he CP's a CP stage, then after opponent changes character (or stays) Player A has to switch off of Meta Knight.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

PS: X is from Utah. Technically, we're both Southwest.

Xyro77

Espy, ozz said X lives in cali now. CALI vs TX, ya *****!!!!!!!!

UTD, i got MILLIONS of gifs. if you need any for phase just let me know.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, ozz said X lives in cali now. CALI vs TX, ya *****!!!!!!!!

UTD, i got MILLIONS of gifs. if you need any for phase just let me know.
That's because Ozz is stupid sometimes. Lovably stupid.

but now its time for me to go back to utah.

Im finished with california now. Im also gonna travel all around the world to show everyone this sonic :)
I hope you guys loved how i placed! I'll say this again - I did it for you guys!!! and UTAH!!!!!
and of course i couldn't of done it with out my brothers who i love so much!!!
Lovably stupid.

Not going to lie though. I hate Sonic dittos in tournament and whatnot, but the thought of going against X in a ditto is pretty **** exciting.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Finally. A Hobo with an event I want to enter.

Taking all MMs in TvC as well as 1st place in TvC (if Jwong is not coming, 2nd if he is.)

kgo.

Xyro77

There will be a low tier and a random character side event. PLEASE enjoy this because this is the last chance to get practice before whobo.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Uh, don't call me stupid. I told Xyro "I think X lives in Cali now" and he said yes because they text each other. And I met X at a cali tournament but I dont know where he lives and don't care. Anyways its not a big deal, so why does it matter so much to you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lovably stupid was more of a "insult-with-love-joke" kinda thing.

But if you really want to take it seriously, that's fine, I suppose. I can't do anything about how you will personally see it.

Wait, where X lives matters? When?
I was just correcting Xyro is all.

Gnes

Smash Master
Uh, don't ****ing call me stupid. I told Xyro "I think X lives in Cali now" and he said yes because they text each other. And I met X at a cali tournament but I dont know where he lives and don't care. Anyways its not a big deal, so why does it matter so much to you.
Lovably stupid was more of a "insult-with-love-joke" kinda thing.

But if you really want to take it seriously, that's fine, I suppose. I can't do anything about how you will personally see it.

Wait, where X lives matters? When?
I was just correcting Xyro is all.
Chill guys, yall are giving your money to me anyways ^_0

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Well, inb4 I'mtooslow joke.

I dont think ill do low tiers this time. just singles. don't wanna be home late :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, inb4 I'mtooslow joke.

I dont think ill do low tiers this time. just singles. don't wanna be home late :/
Nah, this doesn't need a YTS post. It wouldn't feel right.
:p

Speaking of low tiers: Xyro, Sonic ain't allowed anymore, right?
Guess I'll have to pick up another low tier until Sonic gets bumped back down.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't really know if Sonic is legal or not, I just assume he isn't because everyone believes he's mid tier.

Which is bogus.

Xyro77

Sonic is legal. Why would i ask X and Espy to go if sonic was banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom