• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: meta legal(because dojo was nice about it)=10-3-09= BRING wii/tv/ssbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 19 vs TYS 4

HOUSTON's OFFICIAL BRAWL ORDEAL is teaming up with the brand new TEST YOUR SKILLS series presented by AirbrushKing.net! What does this mean for you? This means that there will be more games to choose from when you attend these events! Games that will be included: Super Smash Bros Brawl, Street Fighter 4, Mvc2, Sc4, Melee, HD Remix, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, 3rdStrike and all other retro/future games. So request off of work, cancel your wedding/funerals and head on over to FUNPLEX for another amazing HOBO vs TYS!!!!!

Venue: Fun Plex

Date/time: October 3rd, 2009. Be there by 10:30am and we start at 12:30pm(if you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because i HATE late people).

Address: Fun Plex 13700 Beechnut St. Houston, TX, 77083. If you have problems, call Xyro(409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-300-8039)

Address specifics: We are right next to the bowling area(left side of the building). ALL players/spectators/random walk in's MUST obtain a WRIST BAND at the entrance of the smash presidential room. If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops). Also, we have a slide show of photos depicting the venue: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...eshow/21913167

Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html

HOBO 19 Fees/Events: Entry=7$, 1vs1=10$, 2vs2=20$(10$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 2v2=10$(5$ per person), 1vs1=10$.

TYS 4 Fees/Events:Entry=7$ wrist band(unless you already have it), SF4=10$, 3S=10$, MVC2=10$, MELEE=10$ (Bring consoles/Gamecube/Wii/Ps3/X360/tv's/controllers)

TYS 4 Bonus: 50$ will be added to Street Fighter: 3rd Strike pot AND Marvel vs Capcom 2 pot.

Track HOBOs with Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7388

Live stream: Front page of www.AirbrushKing.net

If ANY oos/ooc needs housing, please contact the people below WELL in advance with the CONFIRMED amount of players. If things change, let the person who is housing you know about the changes ASAP. If by some reason these people are filled or cannot house you, meet up at a local hotel/motel and have each player cough up 10$ to get a a room.

Seiya(can hold 20-30)=(281)-935-3313
HeyTallMan(4, only on friday)=(281) 857-9075
DugFinn(no more than 10)=(832)-472-7165
Smoom(7-8)=(281)-347-8248(ask for david)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Luigis Mansion

Banned: Every thing else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

The PAYOUT for 1vs1
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

or(if over 100 players)

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

The PAYOUT for 2vs2
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

General rules:

3 Stock
7 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

The stage strike system is the method used for deciding which stage with be the FIRST stage of the set. Each player strikes a neutral stage until only one remains.

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

::Banned Techs::

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE

Infinite wall grabs. Do not chain grab a foe against a wall more than once without letting them go after the FIRST grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling is banned*

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule*

*Assuming i have a meta legal event, ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 55 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm moving on the 30th...but I'll probably still make this :p.

bassem6

Smash Lord
So if an out of stater places in top 4 does he/she get the 200$ bonus like hobo 18? Juuuuust wooondering ;)

Suspect

Smash Hero
@Neko

To bad you could never beat me in regular brawl, only in a hacked game could you HOPE to win

:)

Xyro77

It may not be a 200$ bonus but i think 100$ is promised to the OOS player who reaches top 4.

Suspect

Smash Hero
LOL. Ow.

I could beat you in 64. And I know I'd win that MM. Get at me.
im decent at that so im not sure, ill beat you in melee tho.

Anyways, since im not attending as of now i dont want to spam this thread but i do want to ask Xyro something...

Was team price raised because...
A) Other places have it like that
B) Top players are being greedy and want more money
C) You're a Tyrant
D All of the above

Xyro77

i do want to ask Xyro something...

Was team price raised because...
A) Other places have it like that
B) Top players are being greedy and want more money
C) You're a Tyrant
D All of the above
Inui and utd brought up a good point. The payout for teams was rather low compared to singles. Teams was treated as a side event and it shouldnt be(it requires mass amounts of team work and they should be paid well for it). Low tier, crews, duelist is a side event. If my 2vs2 turnout lowers due to higher prices, ill drop it again. Since you are into 2vs2 more than 1vs1, why dont u show up and just enter 2vs2? And since you will have the wrist band you will be able to play all day.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I was interested in 2vs2 more because i do better, its fun and it WAS 5$. So that whole combination= Amazing. Singles imo is the only main event seeing as that is what decides power rankings and such. Oh well

ill see whats up

no body likes a weegee :(

edit: i notice people are usually having a hard time finding partners or not knowing who is taken. Should make a section on the original post with who is teaming with who and team name. Would also help you get info faster come team tourny time

just a thought..

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
I was interested in 2vs2 more because i do better, its fun and it WAS 5$. So that whole combination= Amazing. Singles imo is the only main event seeing as that is what decides power rankings and such. Oh well

ill see whats up

no body likes a weegee :(

edit: i notice people are usually having a hard time finding partners or not knowing who is taken. Should make a section on the original post with who is teaming with who and team name. Would also help you get info faster come team tourny time

just a thought..
i have the best team name for doubles,
thanks to broly,
suspect your not coming to this hobo?

Suspect

Smash Hero
as of right now no, but maybe my mind will change within the next week or two

finding someone to team with who uses wario/g&w/olimar would help haha

Smoom77

Smash Master
Inui and utd brought up a good point. The payout for teams was rather low compared to singles. Teams was treated as a side event and it shouldnt be(it requires mass amounts of team work and they should be paid well for it). Low tier, crews, duelist is a side event. If my 2vs2 turnout lowers due to higher prices, ill drop it again. Since you are into 2vs2 more than 1vs1, why dont u show up and just enter 2vs2? And since you will have the wrist band you will be able to play all day.
Personally, I find this a bad time to change the price because naturally more people will come since MK is now allowed. More oos people could come and fill in extra spaces. But I'm no complainer. :)

Do we still have to pay entry fee if we bring full setup now? D:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I hope I can make this. Last HOBO was really fun. :D

Suspect, you should go to this!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I should be making this.
Teams prices does, indeed, make my wallet VERY sad.

Anyone crazy want to team with me for this?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll be running the tournament with some supervision from Xyro. Hopefully I won't let everyone down. :)

I might enter low tier singles for fun.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Ugh, so 2v2 IS $10 per person? ... I don't think I'll be entering then. :(

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I don't see how you guys complain about $5 more. You have time to raise those 5 extra dollar's @.@ It's not even that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom