• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 11 - October 4th Houston, Tx

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The other thread is made by a guy who no one knows, so it isnt gonna gather any attention.

Barring any extreme financial circumstances, im going to this tourney in Texas. Does anyone want to go/team with me there?

i havnt been to Texas since i was like 4, and i was too young to remember anything...and i've never been on an airplane, so im excited to go through with this. Speaking of which, can i have nintendo DS on an airplane? I heard theres some electronics you cant have, and i dont know which ones

Masky

Smash Master
Yes, you can have a DS in your carry-on and you can use it on the plane during the designated time when someone announces over the PA that you can use electronic devices. Technically you're not supposed to use any devices that send out any kind of radio waves (though a DS probably won't do any harm), so if you really want to follow the rules then don't use the DS's wireless feature. Have fun in Texas :)

I don't think they'll let your monkey on though, you'll just have to transfer him through other means

Finch

Smash Lord
I used a ds last time I was on an airplane and it didn't crash. Although that could just be coincidental.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll talk to the fro man about this, but why texas? why not like, C3 or somethin?
well, someone brought up hobo 11 in a different thread, then hrnut said he wanted to go, which thus meant that i wanted to go with him. Then hrnut figures out he cant go to any tourney that saturday, but i still wanna go. I havnt read anything about C3...maybe i should?

Edit: well, i looked at the c3 thread. Looks like fun. If i have money by then I may go to it too...but thats like months away. HOBO 11 is in like 3 weeks. Maybe me and nick can find a way to go to C3

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I host all of the HOBOs in houston,tx. if you have any questions, plz PM me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just asked the xyro guy too, but does anyone know of any websites where i can get relatively cheap plane tickets? or do the websites from the airlines themselves work best? Can i have a phone turned on while on a plane? (these are probably dumb questions, but again, ive never even been inside a plane)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
pretty sure azen and m2k would be at C3, its part of the east coast circuit which they're very big apart of.

plus that gives us more time to prepare, money and practice wise.

Frames

DI
I just asked the xyro guy too, but does anyone know of any websites where i can get relatively cheap plane tickets? or do the websites from the airlines themselves work best? Can i have a phone turned on while on a plane? (these are probably dumb questions, but again, ive never even been inside a plane)
priceline always has the best deals, anytime i travel anywhere i always use them, for example they have a flight for 214, or for 282 you get a flight AND a car.

if your cellphone has flight mode then it should be ok, but it depends on the airline, different airlines have different rules with phones and stuff

Linguini

Smash Master
Nahh, im not going to this I still have my ticket from my canceled CH4 flight, so ima just use that to go to C3, def. more quality and competition.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
last i heard, m2k and azen are supposed to come to HOBO 11 anyway

plus, being in texas, it will be stupid easy to buy dallas cowboys stuff, without having to go through online

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
wat else would it mean?
How about
Houston's Official Brawl Ordeal?

Lol.
Anyway, as long as you can take the guy that started the first thread on this,
I would be willing to provide housing for florida.

And Xyro will answer your questions about the tournament.
Chances are it may be in an even bigger venue than before because of the crowding.

The main reason I personally like going to HOBOs though is that Xyro makes his tournaments super fun. There's more funny things to see besides just playing the brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9v6Np4IH4o
That is just a taste of some of the things that went down at the last one.

And lets you see just how big the last tournament was
(This one is even bigger)

Plus, with M2K and Azen coming...
It's definitely worth your time :)

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about going to this Tourney. Azen told me he's gonna go, so I dunno if I should =I

I mean, I suck, BAD. This would be my first Tourney, so i'm not really a "Tournament Player" yet.

Of course, it would be fun to watch Azen play, cause i've learned A LOT from his Lucario. Lol, this may sound really nerdy and stupid, but imma try to get him to sign my controller!

I think I might go. I need serious practice though, and some cash =D

Top Bottom