• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

History of the PokeCenter

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
First off 99% of the people here know about the creative minds forum.

Second off, it doesn't help you at all that it's written in pretty bad grammar :V

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's beside the point. Creative Minds is exactly what it's for. Creative stories like yours. However, the PokeCenter does not run on the same mindset as Creative Minds. We have our own rules, those of which you decided not to follow, so it's not the same as the C. Minds forum.

But all this is beside this thread, anyway. So let's stop.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Like I already said, it's impossible to put 10 years of the site into a timeline

It's impracticable to make one, thus we don't have one

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, guys, this doesn't have anything to the History of the Poké Center. We don't have a timeline of the whole site, most sites don't, but this is not the place to discuss that.

Get back on topic, please.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I love how the kid went from talking about his variation on creativity to how the website needs a timeline.

I do need more detailed information on time periods I was away - Artist's Reign and New Elders in particular. Everything else I can (hopefully) forage more information to make the paragraphs more bulky.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I remember Umbreon and JesiahTEG were mods here for a while during that period, but I'm not too sure about the exact time.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I remember Umbreon and JesiahTEG were mods here for a while during that period, but I'm not too sure about the exact time.
Yep. They Modded sometime after my departure. Our line of Moderators is something like:

Chill / HeroOfTime / Umbreon / JesiahTEG / Zook / Spire III / Chill / Firus

Interesting how a board has it's own history. I mean, most boards that i go on just start up, get posted on, and usually die a few months later.
We're trying to detail as much as possible, too. XD

Niiro

Smash Ace
Youre wrong, Umbreon and Jesiah were never mods.

Also lets not forget the like, 2 days that Teran was a mod here and everyone went insane and attacked him for being a moderator lmao. That was awesome.
Nuh uh.

And Teran was a mod? Must been while I was gone.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
No it wasn't from early '09 because I remember, and was here for, it and I didn't join the site until August '09. Teran wasn't listed as a mod at the bottom of the forum, he was just filling in whiile Zook was offline for technical reasons.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Huh. I missed it, then. Oh well. Anyways in spare time I'll leaf back some of the Next Gen. threads to find more names from back then. I've already uncovered some like The9litch, etc.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well Mow was Admin then too, wasn't he?

I wasn't there for Teran's introduction, but I wish I was.
Umbreon just had a dark grey name, I don't think he was actually an Admin. If I recall correctly, it was a shade off from Admin grey too.

It was for like, 2 days, and everyone went god **** insane and started flaming him and **** because he wasnt from the pokemon forum. It was literally hilarious.
It was actually kind of pathetic.

...Actually looking back at it, it was downright ********. >_>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Umbreon wasn't an admin, he just had a grey name.

It's funny. I came in here to rant about how this topic is just one big circle-jerk. But then I realized I'd do the same thing for Decisive Games if I had time. I appreciate how you all care about your forum. Carry on, Pokeduders! :D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It was actually kind of pathetic.

...Actually looking back at it, it was downright ********. >_>
Pretty much this.

I felt bad for Teran. :(

EDIT: Oh hey, I just realized that my name hasn't been changed in the New Elders portion. :p Also, I'm pretty sure the counter game we use now isn't the one that was started up way back then. Just a few inaccuracies I noted when reading about myself and my era. :3

EDIT2: FFFF I guess I was wrong. I thought Counter Game II was the one that was up back then...my bad.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol yeah but on the plus side, it just meant that I could block everyone who flamed me from ever becoming a moderator of this place.

Bunch of whiny babies didn't even know what was going on, they should've appreciated.

It's pretty much why I'll never contribute here, because I'd be too tempted to troll and flame everyone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran is biding his time...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't see why people took a ranting on you. =\
I think I could take a pretty educated guess, but that's neither here nor there.

I randomly thought of a handful of names missing from Artists Reign:

- MorphedChaos
- A_man13
- Darkslash
- SpelignFial
- Stealth Raptor
- Lv.99
- handsockpuppet

...This is what happened when I looked through 3 pages of TCPS to see if there were any names I could think of that were missing.

Also, this is a small adjustment, but it's jigglyppuff8, with 2 "p"s. Oh, and Greenstreet originally popped up in the Artists Reign too.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'm pretty sure it did happen in the original Q&A thread, meaning the posts are now buried in the Pokéswapping thread. Good luck finding them.

EDIT: It starts on page 204 (default settings) for those who are interested. Easier to find than i thought.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
According to my tracking I had just barely missed that part. I had posted some time in early July and then was fully back in December.

I don't know if I want to add that part into the history details, though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Im trying to remember the thread it happened in. I think it was the Spriting Thread but i cant remember.
It was the old Q&A thread, before it was randomly fused into the Pokéswapping thread and killed the title for no reason at all.

(The start of it will be on this page if you have 40PPP.)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright guys. I've always been heavily interested in this thread, so I'm hoping to fill this back up with as much information as possible. Well, I was not active in the PokeCenter for most of late 2008-early 2009, so if people can help me out with the descriptions and highlights of the separate eras, that would be amazing~

Also, if you couldn't tell - I added "Champions Of Time" as the current era of the PokeCenter.

Thanks again, Spire.

Top Bottom