• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High Voltage! (Pikachu Clan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
And, uh, BubbleTea! Wanna verse? We haven't got the chance yet. I gotcha added, and my FC is 0216-0507-6017 if ya wanna gopher it.
I missed ya today >_< sorry bout that. I got the "Spore" PC game so I was poking around on that for a while. I think i'll have to take challenges on Wednesday night for sure.

Okay I have a questions for everyone :pikachu:

1) What is your favorite Pika kill tactic? (the one that you just LOVE killing people with... Or something that is hard to execute, but extremely satisfying if done right)

2) What is the Pika move that you WISH you would do less of? (The one that gets ya killed or punished a lot >_<)

3) What character (besides pikachu/immidiate secondary) can you read really well? I myself have good experience fighting jigglypuffs due to my bf maining him.

4) What character do you hardly EVER fight? or wish you could fight more often for practice?

Now go answer these...and maybe make some of your own o_o!!!
I want to read some interesting posts alright?? I'm tired of people saying this place is dead :mad:

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
1) must you ask? thunair is the best ever, and even anther admitted it was sexy. an un-assisted double thunder kiull (ie i hit the with a thunder, then immediately combo them with another). also a triple thunder kill done by chasing is also so satisfying. pulled of a quadruple vs a guy who wasnt that good, he got all pissy at me and told me to stop missing, and i said learn how to dodge the the second one would have missed. yes i love thunder :psycho:

2) i use skull bash accidently as i try to cut the corner to much. i hate it. i want to turn it off.

3) probably snake or mk. it is just hard to find stuff to do about them lol.

4) there are many. zss, tlink, jiggs peach, mario, luigi, etc all those chars that are low but have godly people playing them. hard to learn about a char if you never face anyone who uses them on a competitive level. then you face one and you lose..

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
1. Any of the smashes I guess, or a nice Nair off the stage. It's also satisfying when I nail an opponent with the very tip of a Thunder when they're at the way top of the screen.

2. Stupid Skull Bash! I always use that unintentionally, and then I'm right in front of my opponent with my face in the ground. The result is usually like tripping into Ike's Front Smash. Either that or I end up using it when I'm trying to recover, and like, I go away from the stage.

I also end up pressing standard A a lot when I don't mean it, and then I get stuck doing it for a couple of extra times. I have to like, completely let go of the controller to stop it. >.<

3. Ah, definitely Zelda. I thought she was a pain at first, but now she's not too bad. I still hate her though. Pretentious princess…

4. Olimar! I have like, no idea how he works, and I'm always getting hit by attacks and grabbed by grabs I never see coming. All I know is that he's got a pretty mean Fair and a big nose and squinty eyes and little chubby thighs and a cute space suit.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
1) Lol, I have a tie. My first would be utilt to thunder when the opponent is at very high damage. My second would be QAC>nair.
2) Dsmash
3) ZSS. One of my best friends mains her. He is pretty much the best in Texas (lol, not many ZSS in TX)
4) Snake. For some strange reason, I don't get much Snake practice. It usually ends up biting me in the *** at tournaments.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
1) Thunder, i <3 thunder sooooo much xD, like stealth
2) Dashing upsmash
3) ROB (I don't know why)
4) Bowser, Link, and...other low tier chars besides Sonic.

And oh yea, i know i haven't posted in a while, sorry D: using pikachu online makes me want to throw the wii at the wall. So yea.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
1) ThunderFlip! Not just a wimpy thunderflip, but the epic ones. where the Usmash would have killed them anyway, but the thundar just tops off the kill with even more epic win!

2) Skull bash. I always use Skull bash when I mean to QAC, Its WAY too punishable, and really not that powerful.

3) I seem to be really good aginst Captain Falcons. And I dont think its because of how bad he is. I just seem to be able to read him really well. My friend secondarys him, so I do fight him kinda frequently.

4) I Hardly ever fight Meta Knights. And every time I do its horrible, I just get eaten alive by that Tornado. And then they think I suck >.>
And thats the worst part of all.
Its not my fault Ive only fought two MK users before! I dont know how to get out of your combos, and Im not familiar with your attack ranges or priority.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
how did i know bear would say this?
Because you had to scroll up past his post in order to read my post, and why you didnt read his post, your subconcious mind told you what he had said.

So when you read my post talking about captain falcon, You knew what Bear was gunna say :O

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
1. My favorite kill is when your opponent is grabbing onto the ledge, you QA into them, grab the ledge, drop down, and footstool them. It's awesome.

2. Nair. I use it so much that i can't kill a ZSS at 130% near the ledge on final d

3. ZSS and bowser. My brother mains them and even though i am sometimes surprised, i know the character really well.

4. Metaknight. Nobody plays MK that i play except when i go to tournaments.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
4. Olimar! I have like, no idea how he works, and I'm always getting hit by attacks and grabbed by grabs I never see coming. All I know is that he's got a pretty mean Fair and a big nose and squinty eyes and little chubby thighs and a cute space suit.
I must fight you with my oli then XD for sure!! Cute space suit is top tier.

Default_951

Smash Apprentice
1. Thunder stage spikes are easily my fav ^_^

2. Skull bashing when I mean to QA =( its just annoying to watch

3. Lucario. If I'm using Pikachu I've never had any difficulty with them (

4. MK. Decent ones annoy the hell out of me. And shuttle rush is stupidly annoying. I also have difficulty with DK =

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
\2. Skull bashing when I mean to QA =( its just annoying to watch
Oh yeah >< If I start up a skull bash instead of a QA, in my head im like "god ****it -__-" but outloud I go..."OMG what am I gunna do?? MINDGAMES!!!" Then proceed to fly all the way accross the screen or something...nearly killing myself.

Electric-Sachiel

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2337-4294-5850
Yay! I'm finally joining the clan here at High Voltage. Four +s mean i've fullfilled the requirements for joining this group. Krehz those matches were great. We seem to be on the same skill level with Pika and many of our moves seemed to have mirrored each other at the same time. LOL :laugh:

Well its good to be a member here finally. However, I would like to make a suggestion. Since coming here into the clan i've noticed that everyone here hasn't switched Friend Codes with one another yet. As members of this clan i think it is best that we switch friend codes to better know one another.

*Looks at Bubble Tea, Bear, and others*

As for the questions that Bubble Tea asked about earlier here are my answers:

1) Love to kill with a QACing into a thunder. It works well when it hits and seeing your opponent caught off guard and flying away....Priceless

2) Now seeing how I use thunder so much I do wish i don't get carried away with it. It seems that keep on thundering after every QAC. Not a good thing. And using Skull Bash for recovery back to the middle of the stage is a no no. Been punished lots of times for doing both moves.

3) Due to my experience fighting my friend's Falco and Luigi, i think i can read both fairly well. Know when to thunder and when not to. Also managed to finally figure out how to counter Luigi's spin move and his quick smashes.

4) I think i need more practice fighting Wolf, Dedede, Wario and Donkey Kong. Don't see those characters being used too often. And yet I got creamed by KPrime's DK just a few days ago. Any character can be a challenge to fight so long as the player controlling him/her knows what to do and which combos to pull off at the right moment. ;)

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I can help you with Wolf practice. Also, I have a lot of experience against Wario, but not much using him. We can play later IF you promise to play my Falcon. :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Guh..I can't wait until the weekend so I can plaaaay. x_x;

Roller

Smash Legend
1) Any kill that was in some way due to QuAC. I just love QuAC far too much. Mah favorite thing in the entire game. =)

2)Skullbashing when meaning to QuAC (seems I am not alone), ESPECIALLY online.

3)I feel as though I can read Pits the easiest. If you know me this shouldn't be a surprise because it is public knowledge that I think Pit is (as I state far too often) made o' spam. Pit users can't help it, he is MADE of it. Pit=Spam. So I feel I can read spam pretty well. lulz

4)Being an active member in 3 clans, one of which having a member for virtually every character, I feel I play many matchups a lot. However the one exception is that I nearly ever play Warios. Idk why, I just never find anyone who mains him. However I don't want to play against him more anyways.lol

I guess the character I would want even more practice against is Yoshi. I've played a good number, and I'm not bad against them... But I like playing them. It's fun. lol

EDIT: Badnewsbear. 1 more post to apprentice. nice. =P

neji32

Smash Lord
3) I seem to be really good aginst Captain Falcons. And I dont think its because of how bad he is. I just seem to be able to read him really well. My friend secondarys him, so I do fight him kinda frequently.
No, thats pretty much every pika. Ive 3 stocked every falcon ive played except my friend zero and its only cause we played like 30 times and i can t 3 stock someone all 30 times >_> but falcon is just too heavy and easy to combo. Not to mention you can knock him out of both recoveries if timed right

4) I Hardly ever fight Meta Knights. And every time I do its horrible, I just get eaten alive by that Tornado. And then they think I suck >.>
And thats the worst part of all.
Its not my fault Ive only fought two MK users before! I dont know how to get out of your combos, and Im not familiar with your attack ranges or priority.
Yea, meta is tough. I spam and when i see the tornadoe coming i block and dsmash when its over(or grab if i can) or fsmash if i have the time

1) I like killing people with pikajolts or anything else i pull off to gimp someone. Gimping is my favorite thing in the world to do.

2)I wish i did............................................Dsmash less because everyone seems to be able to di out of it and it just seems useless

3) I read foxes well, there so easy to predict even if they try something new, its like i still know exactly what they will do.

4)........pikachu. I guess its because i hate dittos. But pikachus give my pikachu more problems than any other character in the game. Even more than meta knight. I would much rather fight a meta knight than a good pikachu. There so annoying because they do what i do and it just makes me want to switch characters.

EDIT: Me too bunny. I was able to get myu dad to forget i had it up until tuesday night but then he remembered and now i must wait but the good news for me is.

IM GOING TO A TOURNY ON SATURDAY. Im soooo excited. i hope i win. I really just need help on snake and peach due to those being the only two that beat my pika last time. But who knows, hopefully i got better since then.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I missed ya today >_< sorry bout that. I got the "Spore" PC game so I was poking around on that for a while. I think i'll have to take challenges on Wednesday night for sure.

1) What is your favorite Pika kill tactic? (the one that you just LOVE killing people with... Or something that is hard to execute, but extremely satisfying if done right)

2) What is the Pika move that you WISH you would do less of? (The one that gets ya killed or punished a lot >_<)

3) What character (besides pikachu/immidiate secondary) can you read really well? I myself have good experience fighting jigglypuffs due to my bf maining him.

4) What character do you hardly EVER fight? or wish you could fight more often for practice?

I want to read some interesting posts alright?? I'm tired of people saying this place is dead :mad:
1. Probably Thunder stage spikes. Sooo stylish. =}

2. Umm...I don't really use alot of the same moves...but I do tend to get cocky with my QACs and end up killing myself alot of the time. x_x;;
I need to quit showing off so much. -.-

3. Probably...Bowser or Dedede. Both of the have always been really easy for me.

4. Ice Climbers...I personally know about 3 people who main them...besides myself. They are sooo hard to fight, even though I use them so much..

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just throwing this out here. Since I will no longer be able to play online (not enough time between swimming and homework) I will now answer all the questions i can about pikachu. For Matchups, i can help with bowser, zelda, Zamus, Snake, DDD, and Ike. Ask away, and sorry if i don't respond to you.

Roller

Smash Legend
Just throwing this out here. Since I will no longer be able to play online (not enough time between swimming and homework) I will now answer all the questions i can about pikachu. For Matchups, i can help with bowser, zelda, Zamus, Snake, DDD, and Ike. Ask away, and sorry if i don't respond to you.
I'm askin about DDD.

What is your strategy vs the typical spam waddle dee untill they get close, then grab, F-tilt,A and use F-tilt to stop projectile approach?

I usually win it, however it almost always gets extremely close to time going over, or time actually runs out. And even though as I said I do usually win, it is extremely close. Any tips?

(I already know CG, obv)

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
Yay people answered my questions :D!!! Thanks for the good readings~

But yeah. I'll try to enter in friend codes tomorrow night, and take challenges. I get out of school early, and I have to practice for the tournament I'm going to this saturday.

Off to the chat room!

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman

My, my, the topic's picked up again hey?
1) I love thunderflipping, or something that s very satisfying to do is charge a skullbash and hit an edgeguarder who jumps out at you and stagespike them, or with stages such as Smashville, knock them so far under they can't do anything about it. It's very fun to watch, but I've only ever managed to do it once in a serious match.

2) Not many people expect ftilt from Pika for some reason. I abuse it at the start for easy damage, but then they begin to pick up on it and grab/punish me too often.

3) I find I can read Marths really well due to my maining and use of him since Melee, I'm all right against captain Falcons due to my friend, and I do quite well against the Ikes I face.

4) I don't really know how to fight Wolf due to his odd movements, range and power, MK because I haven't faced many, and Snake because I have never faced a good player who uses his setups and tricks well.

I'm nearing the school holidays, so for the moment I can only play on weekends but I will be able to play any time in little over a week. Is anyone here decent with any of the characters I mentioned I find hard? I'd like to get some experience. And once I get thetime I'll begin having random battles with other people and get myself into the clan.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm askin about DDD.

What is your strategy vs the typical spam waddle dee untill they get close, then grab, F-tilt,A and use F-tilt to stop projectile approach?

I usually win it, however it almost always gets extremely close to time going over, or time actually runs out. And even though as I said I do usually win, it is extremely close. Any tips?

(I already know CG, obv)
Sorry if you are looking for when you are playing online, for i am providing my OFFLINE help, so the timing for what i am saying may be difficult online.

When they spam waddle-dees, just run up and powershield, then jump and T-Jolt. If they use another waddle, the T-jolt will interrupt it so you can run in and grab them. This match-up needs pikachu to stay in close combat. DDD's normal jab combo kinda...sucks...so just DI out of it....if you ever somehow get into it. F-tilt you just have to see coming and shield it.

BTW, when you chaingrab them, the last grab you are possibly able to get, Grab attack. If you are at the very edge, the momentum from the dash grab will make both characters fall off, and you can nair them. If you arne't that far, D-throw and wait for their airdodge (IDK why but you can't just D-throw to uair DDD) and punish with an F-smash or whatever you like to punish them with, possibly a THUNDER. With pikachu's offstage mobility, i tend to always go after the DDD from the front of them. Their fair is kinda slow so you can nair if you see it coming. Also, sometimes i just bait the fair, since they lose some vertical distance they would need for recovering. Don't use your kill moves against DDD until about 110% (besides blue part of thunder, that will kill quicker) That's about all the help i can give.

krehz

Smash Ace
hey everyone just stopped in to say i will be around all day on the chat room, so just type this when u want to talk :p

#highpitchsqueal

trust me it will get my attention :D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Cool, I'm a pika informative. I will one day become the MASTER pika information giver, so beware galax. Your days are numbered!

Roller

Smash Legend
Cool, I'm a pika informative. I will one day become the MASTER pika information giver, so beware galax. Your days are numbered!
lol

that would be lulztastic.

but I gotta hand it to galax, he has done a lot for the pika boards. In terms of organizing critical information in threads on a myriad of topics.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm still waiting on Stealth so we can make these videos. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom