• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High Voltage! (Pikachu Clan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Hey guys, I wanna get tested! ooh it sounds so fun, yay!! But I'm glad we have new peoples! Makes me happy, and more likely that I can play when Mink and Gllx are offline :D

Um, I know I talked to Gllx about this, but in terms of testing on different stages, I know I suck at counterpicking, so how would that work? Jw about it but yeah QACing is good to know, but its also good to know other stuff like SH Tjolt vs Full hop, and how apparently Pikas Ftilt can cancel a tjolt, good for dittoes

Roller

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I wanna get tested! ooh it sounds so fun, yay!! But I'm glad we have new peoples! Makes me happy, and more likely that I can play when Mink and Gllx are offline :D

Um, I know I talked to Gllx about this, but in terms of testing on different stages, I know I suck at counterpicking, so how would that work? Jw about it but yeah QACing is good to know, but its also good to know other stuff like SH Tjolt vs Full hop, and how apparently Pikas Ftilt can cancel a tjolt, good for dittoes
Honestly, I've played you enough and although it was a little laggy I could see that you know what you're doing. I'd like to see you just QuACing for a bit and chaingrab but other than that I'm good with you officially entering. Galax, Krehz what do you think?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
well thats sure good to hear, but i want like advice, and I know its hard to do online especially with lag and having a different playstyle for online vs in real life, but I mean, is there anything besides chaingrabbing and QACing (not sure what to practice on that) but that I should work on? Any advice on stages either?

Roller

Smash Legend
well thats sure good to hear, but i want like advice, and I know its hard to do online especially with lag and having a different playstyle for online vs in real life, but I mean, is there anything besides chaingrabbing and QACing (not sure what to practice on that) but that I should work on? Any advice on stages either?
By stage advice do you mean which ones to play on? Or how to play on certain stages?

Just practice QuACing into a Dair and QuACing in succession. QuACing into jumps wouldn't be bad either.

Just read the past few posts, what you need to do should all be there. Though I think we are giving you a bye on the 3 stage battle part seeing as you've already played us.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
By stage advice I mean like how Do i counterpick period? like how does it work, Im asking cuz ive never been to a tourney, and wanna know if i do, and also just to know. and also where to pick, and yeah how to play. Im sure there are alot of stages so it would be a big answer but just like is it better to play defensively more on a certain stage vs another one? stuff like that.

and ok to the qac. one question about it though: when you QAC through someone, would I be right in saying that the timing off to do another action after it, such as another one or a jump or something, is slightly delayed? It seems so, but i was just wondering

Roller

Smash Legend
By stage advice I mean like how Do i counterpick period? like how does it work, Im asking cuz ive never been to a tourney, and wanna know if i do, and also just to know. and also where to pick, and yeah how to play. Im sure there are alot of stages so it would be a big answer but just like is it better to play defensively more on a certain stage vs another one? stuff like that.

and ok to the qac. one question about it though: when you QAC through someone, would I be right in saying that the timing off to do another action after it, such as another one or a jump or something, is slightly delayed? It seems so, but i was just wondering
Sorry, but I just don't have the patience to explain the mentality behind each stage in one post. Start a thread on that question though, it's a good topic.

Counterpicking is just if you lose game 1 you get to then pick the stage game 2... and there are more options of counterpick stages then 1st pick stages.

And yes, the timing changes for QuACing when you go through someone.

gallax

Smash Hero
what happens when you go through someone is that there is like a frame or 2 delay cuz they are being stunned and you are pasing through them. its not a huge delay by any means.

Roller

Smash Legend
what happens when you go through someone is that there is like a frame or 2 delay cuz they are being stunned and you are pasing through them. its not a huge delay by any means.
It is called hit delay, and 1-2 frame difference is actually a big deal when stringing QuACs together.

krehz

Smash Ace
ok i'm ready to play avalanche! and ya i am working on redoing the first post, just gimmie some time guys k?

Roller

Smash Legend
Finally Krehz shows up. We've been talking on like every thread in this board for the past like 90 minutes. lol

I've made 60 posts now today, lmao.

gallax

Smash Hero
i said HUGE delay. not small. come on. its still possible to QA after the delay. actually, the delay can be quite tricky doing the QAL. it is very difficult to pull of btw.

gallax

Smash Hero
no no no. i mean the QAL is tricky. the QAC is tricky by no means. even with the delay. the QAL is tricky in terms of setting it up then keeping it going and going and going and going. the delay has never been a big deal for me.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
thats np i understand aboutnot wanting to explain it all. Galax said he would add something, so ill wait for that...yeah I was just wondering how it worked. thanks :)

Oh, and Krehz and avalance, I'm online too if you wanna play when you guys are done!

Roller

Smash Legend
no no no. i mean the QAL is tricky. the QAC is tricky by no means. even with the delay. the QAL is tricky in terms of setting it up then keeping it going and going and going and going. the delay has never been a big deal for me.
I've never seen you QuAC more than twice in a row even normally...You're tellin me you can go across a stage through someone and then turn around and QuAC back across going through them again? Because that took me a while to get.

gallax

Smash Hero
yes. i have no prob doing the QAC. it took me a long time to even get get the QAL done correctly though. just because you've oonly seen me do the QAC online a few time it doesnt mean i can't do it. as you saw online when i did it i had no problem doing it.

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
Hah ok. Just as a note so it doesn't seem like I'm making excuses later, up on my gc controller doesn't work sometimes, if I have any epic fail deaths thats why >.<

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Name: Andy Morales xD
Brawl Name: Press 22
Brawl FC: 5327-0674-9772
Location (can be general like Eastern U.S.):West US
Connection Type: DSL
Best Secondary Player: Ummm, I have no clue, Marth or IC's

I played Elmo, and he said I was better than anyone in the clan cause of my combo's umm, So I want in :p

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
Those were some good games Krehz =] A lot of fun.

I'll play once or twice, but in a bit I'm doing an online tournament (boonfest 9) so I can't play to many matches :D

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
I'll probably be getting a new controller tomorrow. Not being able to Quick attack sometimes, plus upsmash, and downtilt when I want downsmash is really annoying. Ggs though piman, very close each time, but ya got me nicely on that last one. =]

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
GG puffs, you almost had me a few time there...the last one, i thought i was gone for sure!

Anyone else wanna play now? i got a couple hours before i gotta go

Oh yeah, puffz you did a good job with QAC but you need to vary what you do once you QAC, like try another one, or a jump, don't always do dair. but other than that, lookin good :)

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
The times I could QAC I could only manage to make dair work. When I used random air thunder jolts, I was trying to get Quick attack to work lol.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Haha gotcha, but yeah you did good, good potential just keep practicing...a new controller would help Im sure!

Oh, and you stole my trucker hat costume! Curse you!!!!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Now that this clan has requirements it makes me kind of interested in joining. Doubt I'd make it tho, living in Hawaii and playing on WiFi don't usually agree with each other. But the fact that I might not be good enough to get into a clan intrigues me (although I did beat the HI state champ).

krehz

Smash Ace
Now that this clan has requirements it makes me kind of interested in joining. Doubt I'd make it tho, living in Hawaii and playing on WiFi don't usually agree with each other. But the fact that I might not be good enough to get into a clan intrigues me (although I did beat the HI state champ).
lol i'm not trying to be rude or make fun of you, but it just sounds kinda funny that u beat the state chame of an Island :p lol i'm not doubting your good tho cuz winning at any state i'm sure is very hard..........but i'm screwed cuz anther is in my state :p darn....

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
You have to beat Anther without getting hurt.

Lulz, just kidding. You'll have to face some of them whenever they get on, Krehz for starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom