• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Due to the back and forth between A2ZOMG A2ZOMG and Vermanubis Vermanubis , I'm slightly confused still. Pretty flattered to get B after only a month or 2 on the discord with almost no tournament presence, but is this even taking tournament results into account? If so I hope to hit A next update with some dank EVO results.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey everyone, I've been around the Ganon community for quite some time but I've really had a hard time getting going on anything competitive (and have been inactive in the boards/discord as of late), so I was hoping to get on the tier list and use that as a motivator to try and make it to tournaments or at least be more active in the community.

A2ZOMG A2ZOMG what do I need to do by the August update in order to be placed?
videos help

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thanks, it means a lot lol, I remember first coming here and like Idolizing the ganons here lol. At the same time though I don't think I'll feel satisfied until I can close out sets. I mean I have vs Goomba(Was #4, think he's #1 in DE now) and Gunblade but there's so many people I've come close to upsetting. I guess I want my wins to hold more weight, if I had closed out any of my Apex sets for example that would have been a satisfactory win for me. I want a win that will be heard in the community I guess is what I'm saying, so I still have that drive to go farther(Regardless of the list honestly but it feels good to get recognition).

Still looking for a secondary though, tbh I don't care about viability but I need a character that doesn't get gimped so easily at times.

MexicanoZaibatsu

Smash Rookie
NNID
MexicanoZaibatsu
Tell me how free I am:

https://youtu.be/dN3m1sIBwpY Vs John Numbers
(1st encounter in bracket, had no MU exp vs WFT prior to this. Had a bit of coaching from DkWill before the set began regarding Numbers' habits)

https://youtu.be/PT1NEjNdw7E Vs Salty Fun
(Had Yoshi exp from playing against Raptor in another local)

https://youtu.be/hjJHqJF0AIc Vs Floren
(Was only his 2nd tourney ever, relatively novice player)

Other players I've faced in events off-stream:

SDA a.k.a. DumbDumb (2-2 set record in Ganon mirrors? Gonna have to double-check this one)
dekillsage (0-2 set record. Took a game off his Fox in the two sets we've played, was beaten 2-1 in our last set)
Mikekirby (0-1 set record. Got bodied 0-2, have not faced him in bracket since then)
Deven3000 (0-2 set record, plays Kirby)
Ken109 (0-2 set record, have been eliminated twice by him. I suck at the Kirby MU)
Snakeee (1-1 set record, plays ZSS/Rosa/Corrin. Beat her 2-1 to make top 16 before losing to dekillsage the next round. Recently lost 0-2 to Rosa)
oni Day (Lucario player from Florida, played the week of Apex. Lost 1-2 because I got gimped at low%/base aura games 2 and 3)
J Ribs (0-2 set record, Ness player from Long Island, NY.)

Notable placement: Tied for 13th out of 86 players 1/3/16 http://nebulous.challonge.com/nebulous_prime_sm4sh_21_singles

Deotay

Smash Cadet
Tell me how free I am:

https://youtu.be/dN3m1sIBwpY Vs John Numbers
(1st encounter in bracket, had no MU exp vs WFT prior to this. Had a bit of coaching from DkWill before the set began regarding Numbers' habits)

https://youtu.be/PT1NEjNdw7E Vs Salty Fun
(Had Yoshi exp from playing against Raptor in another local)

https://youtu.be/hjJHqJF0AIc Vs Floren
(Was only his 2nd tourney ever, relatively novice player)

Other players I've faced in events off-stream:

SDA a.k.a. DumbDumb (2-2 set record in Ganon mirrors? Gonna have to double-check this one)
dekillsage (0-2 set record. Took a game off his Fox in the two sets we've played, was beaten 2-1 in our last set)
Mikekirby (0-1 set record. Got bodied 0-2, have not faced him in bracket since then)
Deven3000 (0-2 set record, plays Kirby)
Ken109 (0-2 set record, have been eliminated twice by him. I suck at the Kirby MU)
Snakeee (1-1 set record, plays ZSS/Rosa/Corrin. Beat her 2-1 to make top 16 before losing to dekillsage the next round. Recently lost 0-2 to Rosa)
oni Day (Lucario player from Florida, played the week of Apex. Lost 1-2 because I got gimped at low%/base aura games 2 and 3)
J Ribs (0-2 set record, Ness player from Long Island, NY.)

Notable placement: Tied for 13th out of 86 players 1/3/16 http://nebulous.challonge.com/nebulous_prime_sm4sh_21_singles
Very good Ganon from what I saw in the first two videos. Your mind games are definitely there, solid reads and you've got good tech skill showing that you're comfortable Ledge Canceling and proficient with the D-Air timing. The only thing I didn't quite like is that there were a few moments where I felt like you got too greedy for something and took very unnecessary risks but that's in the nature of Ganondorf and not something I can't fault you for too heavily since it's part of your play style. There were also a few off-stage situations that I felt you could've handled better but I didn't see anything that bad.

Other than that, I think you're a solid Ganondorf and look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Join the Discord and get a few games with us there!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
videos help
Hmmm, Ok, I'll see if I can get some newer stuff together, namely some full matches. In the meantime I have an old montage with even older clips. They're mostly FG but there are some with friends and members of the Ganon community in there as well. I mainly did it to exercise my movie scoring chops but it's got some solid stuff I think.

davidabeats

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, Ok, I'll see if I can get some newer stuff together, namely some full matches. In the meantime I have an old montage with even older clips. They're mostly FG but there are some with friends and members of the Ganon community in there as well. I mainly did it to exercise my movie scoring chops but it's got some solid stuff I think.

Damn, movie scoring huh? How is that working out for you? You did a damn good job imo.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Damn, movie scoring huh? How is that working out for you? You did a damn good job imo.
Thank you very much for saying so! Although I make nothing for media scoring because I can only get into Indy or other small projects, which demand tons of work with no payout. After one particularly gruelling project I had to put my foot down and require some form of payment for these types of projects and no one wants to pay for customized music, no matter how cheap. Everyone's content to try and mix royalty free music themselves, or there's an aspiring musician in their group who just records guitar solos over everything. No, what little income I get from composition comes from education and the odd commission here and there.

Then again, I could be, and should be, seeking out and applying for smaller paid media composition gigs. The only problem there is that almost everyone wants a local composer and almost all the jobs are in Hollywood or New York.

To stay on topic, though, I am working on another compilstion and fortunately I can keep the audio of these clips so I won't need to write nearly as many hits. I'll also keep full versions of the more representative clips so I can put them here for review.

davidabeats

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much for saying so! Although I make nothing for media scoring because I can only get into Indy or other small projects, which demand tons of work with no payout. After one particularly gruelling project I had to put my foot down and require some form of payment for these types of projects and no one wants to pay for customized music, no matter how cheap. Everyone's content to try and mix royalty free music themselves, or there's an aspiring musician in their group who just records guitar solos over everything. No, what little income I get from composition comes from education and the odd commission here and there.

Then again, I could be, and should be, seeking out and applying for smaller paid media composition gigs. The only problem there is that almost everyone wants a local composer and almost all the jobs are in Hollywood or New York.

To stay on topic, though, I am working on another compilstion and fortunately I can keep the audio of these clips so I won't need to write nearly as many hits. I'll also keep full versions of the more representative clips so I can put them here for review.
Props fam, I know I put down music a LONG time ago because of virtually the same thing. I wish you the best, you've got a lot of talent to you

davidabeats

Smash Rookie
Was told by A2z to post some Ganon vids, haven't had a chance to do much, but here was a nice clip of a Ganon ditto. I was the white one. Still lost, but I think it shows my style and decision making.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Here are some representative matches.

In order to keep from clogging the page I'll just link my youtube channel here if you want to look at some other matches.

davidabeats

Smash Rookie
Here are some representative matches.

In order to keep from clogging the page I'll just link my youtube channel here if you want to look at some other matches.
Lol, sorry for the late response. You've convinced me of the effectiveness of dair, I rarely, if ever, use that move, only for the rare edge guarding case against someone with a poor recovery. Seems you get more out of dair than I do out of down b, will put that to more use in the future.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
I summarized my matches from the past several months and put it into one video for convenience of gameplay evaluation.
Alright, this isn't serious. Please don't kill me A2. ;)

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Lol, sorry for the late response. You've convinced me of the effectiveness of dair, I rarely, if ever, use that move, only for the rare edge guarding case against someone with a poor recovery. Seems you get more out of dair than I do out of down b, will put that to more use in the future.
Gotta love Dair! Though I try to never just throw it out w/o fullhop autocancelling it. It's usually my go-to punish for charged smashes and because it pops them up so nicely, any aerial can work after, especially if you read their di or if they'll jump, air dodge, counter, or attack. If you get nothing else from it, it's at least a cool 18-19%.

Also, with the Lucina, it was a close friend of mine; I knew he would panic roll into the ledge so I could get a dair, and he usually misses techs so I was certain I could get a free fsmash. It's all about using the move safely that builds the fear.

But yeah, you gotta see some of the ridiculous nonsense these other Dorfs can get outta dair.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Just thought I'd provide input again for the next iteration of the tier list. In my opinion, I think an overhaul of A and B tier is needed, mostly because I have a hard time imagining a lot of the A tier players, as it stands, to be on the same level at all. Consequently I've shuffled the tiers a little bit, making both A and B tiers significantly more competitive. Take all my suggestions with a grain of salt, of course.

I took a look at S, A, and most of B and a small portion of C tier and made some rearrangements according to my experience and opinions. In my considerations, I used this pattern as my general cutoffs for tiers: I would expect these players as solo Ganon to show up at a stacked tournament of several hundred players+ and...
S tier: ... make at least 33rd
A tier: ... get a few rounds outside of pools
B tier: ... make it out of pools in winners or losers
C tier: ...

S Tier (Supreme Rulers of Hyrule)
Ray_Kalm
GanonTheBeast
Pon (ぽん)
Gungnir (ぐんぐにる)
Opana

A Tier (Ascended Overlords)
adom4 -- I think adom has the best matchup knowledge of all Ganon players, to be honest. Experience playing many high-level players on WiFi and even some in person. Only Ganon to travel significantly internationally for tournaments, that I know of.
Vermanubis -- Kind of controversial, but I think he's been a bit too busy to keep his spot in S and needs more results. I think being between adom and Kosk is pretty representative of his current gameplay.
Koskinator -- Probably the most talented in A tier, needs more competitive experience though
Swoops -- Reasonable placement at EVO, videos of his gameplay show he's an obviously talented player. Still playing Ganon after all? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z5z4-8XR24
Rudori (るどり) -- Both Rudori and busu have some competitive experience with some decent results in a very tough region. Could be higher if they competed more often
busutosu (ぶすとす)
Rice
A2ZOMG
Deotay -- Notable wins including over Pugwest. I think he's an excellent example of a tier gatekeeper and could go pretty even with anyone else in this tier.

B Tier (Brutal Commanders)
LiQui -- Extremely good fundamentals, smart play. After Speclar erased LoveExpert in the Jiggs cb, Liqui came in and demolished him. https://www.twitch.tv/nakat973/v/81787888?t=44m00s for video evidence (I'd ignore the really laggy second set.) I think he's probably more like A tier, but need more data.
DLA -- I don't know much about DLA, though he says he's still active
SumDumbAss
Alter Requiem -- He does quite well in every crew battle he has been in.
BOB R.O.B.
Vaataji -- Some results
LoveExpert -- Competes regularly, alright results
Miya (ミーヤー) -- objectively I don't know enough about this guy. Could be higher, could be lower. Need more data.
Gleed -- I have a hard time improving because I only get to play the game intermittently. I think I'm high B at my best and high C when I'm out of practice, so I think the middle is a good place.
Tonnura (とんぬら) -- I think he and I are about equivalent. He has attended one or two tournaments in Japan and did alright.
YokonTheSage -- Competes frequently, does alright occassionally. Good showing at EVO
Zaibatsu -- He is close to being a really good Ganon. He has a technical handle on Ganon, but he makes some pretty questionable decisions when playing. (Similar to me.)
Blobface
Apostroph (イカゲス)
jmanup85 -- Yeah, he's not C tier.
ZuraHollow -- Don't really know. Could be higher.
SSBMatt
Xinc
MGK

C Tier (Chaotic Legions)
Abbey Street
Naroghin
randomguy1235 -- who is this
Garioshi
Kyo
...etc

Add to inactive:
EvilGoku -- inactive
Vishera -- inactive
Matt Hazard -- inactive

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
< ----- This man is deserving of at least B Tier by the next update. Been putting in a bit of work with the Dorf and my mixups as of late. I feel I'm somewhere within mid/high B Tier when I'm in top shape, high C Tier when rusty or out of practice.

Last edited:

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd provide input again for the next iteration of the tier list. In my opinion, I think an overhaul of A and B tier is needed, mostly because I have a hard time imagining a lot of the A tier players, as it stands, to be on the same level at all. Consequently I've shuffled the tiers a little bit, making both A and B tiers significantly more competitive. Take all my suggestions with a grain of salt, of course.

I took a look at S, A, and most of B and a small portion of C tier and made some rearrangements according to my experience and opinions. In my considerations, I used this pattern as my general cutoffs for tiers: I would expect these players as solo Ganon to show up at a stacked tournament of several hundred players+ and...
S tier: ... make at least 33rd
A tier: ... get a few rounds outside of pools
B tier: ... make it out of pools in winners or losers
C tier: ...

Ray_Kalm
GanonTheBeast
Pon (ぽん)
Gungnir (ぐんぐにる)
Opana

adom4 -- I think adom has the best matchup knowledge of all Ganon players, to be honest. Experience playing many high-level players on WiFi and even some in person. Only Ganon to travel significantly internationally for tournaments, that I know of.
Vermanubis -- Kind of controversial, but I think he's been a bit too busy to keep his spot in S and needs more results. I think being between adom and Kosk is pretty representative of his current gameplay.
Koskinator -- Probably the most talented in A tier, needs more competitive experience though
Swoops -- Reasonable placement at EVO, videos of his gameplay show he's an obviously talented player. Still playing Ganon after all? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z5z4-8XR24
Rudori (るどり) -- Both Rudori and busu have some competitive experience with some decent results in a very tough region. Could be higher if they competed more often
busutosu (ぶすとす)
Rice
A2ZOMG
Deotay -- Notable wins including over Pugwest. I think he's an excellent example of a tier gatekeeper and could go pretty even with anyone else in this tier.

LiQui -- Extremely good fundamentals, smart play. After Speclar erased LoveExpert in the Jiggs cb, Liqui came in and demolished him. https://www.twitch.tv/nakat973/v/81787888?t=44m00s for video evidence (I'd ignore the really laggy second set.) I think he's probably more like A tier, but need more data.
DLA -- I don't know much about DLA, though he says he's still active
SumDumbAss
Alter Requiem -- He does quite well in every crew battle he has been in.
BOB R.O.B.
Vaataji -- Some results
LoveExpert -- Competes regularly, alright results
Miya (ミーヤー) -- objectively I don't know enough about this guy. Could be higher, could be lower. Need more data.
Gleed -- I have a hard time improving because I only get to play the game intermittently. I think I'm high B at my best and high C when I'm out of practice, so I think the middle is a good place.
Tonnura (とんぬら) -- I think he and I are about equivalent. He has attended one or two tournaments in Japan and did alright.
YokonTheSage -- Competes frequently, does alright occassionally. Good showing at EVO
Zaibatsu -- He is close to being a really good Ganon. He has a technical handle on Ganon, but he makes some pretty questionable decisions when playing. (Similar to me.)
Blobface
Apostroph (イカゲス)
jmanup85 -- Yeah, he's not C tier.
ZuraHollow -- Don't really know. Could be higher.
SSBMatt
Xinc
MGK

C Tier (Chaotic Legions)
Abbey Street
Naroghin
randomguy1235 -- who is this
Garioshi
Kyo
...etc

Add to inactive:
EvilGoku -- inactive
Vishera -- inactive
Matt Hazard -- inactive
What about guys like me that have and get wins over PR'd players in a hard region (NY/NJ) with Ganon but I dont solo main Ganon. I use him as a cp character at this point.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
What about guys like me that have and get wins over PR'd players in a hard region (NY/NJ) with Ganon but I dont solo main Ganon. I use him as a cp character at this point.
You betrayed us for anime.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Honestly from your wins over players like Ribs and great fundamentals you should definitely be in A imo. I think if you put all your time in to Ganon with minimal use of other characters you'd be a solid contender for S too.

I think using him as a cp but against great players would justify a higher placing, I wouldn't say S though because many players are capable of beating Ganon. That's why I think primarily soloing Ganon stands out more, honestly even a mid level player can effectively keep ganon at the ledge or gimp him while keeping him out.

So yeah I'd say move from inactive to A personally, even if you don't use him constantly your showings with him are strong.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Looks like my spot in S hinges on my tournament this weekend. ;)

mgleed mgleed calling old Verm out as only A in skill, too! Even if I dazzle at this tourney, I'll still be A in spirit. :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
atm I don't think there's a TON of major changes planned for existing candidates. I think I know I'm supposed to add like, at least two names? Arconi, Meepenator, and CiDE come to mind. If there's anything I request help on, it's jogging my memory for names that aren't currently listed.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Liqui for A tier
Love expert for mid C tier
And me top of S tier duh
A2 delayed the tier list update, so i suggest dropping him to E tier because he clearly doesn't care about us and should be punished accordingly.

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
atm I don't think there's a TON of major changes planned for existing candidates. I think I know I'm supposed to add like, at least two names? Arconi, Meepenator, and CiDE come to mind. If there's anything I request help on, it's jogging my memory for names that aren't currently listed.
Naroghin was one.

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
I am super confused as to why Garioshi isn't S rank. I have seen his For Glory youtube montages and he seems pretty god like.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Much to report from this weekend's tournies, gentleman. Will do once I get home.

Edit: I'll post some since I've a 5 hour drive ahead of me and I'm bored.

I got 3rd at the first tourney. Lost to a Bayonetta and Bowser Jr/DHD. I feel like I played very well, having both go to last hit game 5. I beat three PRs however: a Fox, a Cloud and Falcon/ROB. I dunno their exact positions, but the ROB was 4th in the Oregon/South WA PR. Beat the Bowser Jr/DHD in $5 MM. Also beat a good DDD in $5 MM.

Today got 5th. Got seeded low, so faced their Rosalina round 2 of winners. Last hit last game again, but didn't quite pull through. Made a great losers run, beating another ranked ROB and a ranked Mario and an Olimar/DHD. Faced a good Fox too, but I don't think he was ranked. One thing I noticed is that unlike eastern WA where the skill curve is steep between the lower stratum and the upper, Oregon has a lot of talent, so the curve between unranked and ranked is steady. Met the Rosa again in losers; same story as in winners.

Shortly thereafter, I MMed a lot of the top of the PR. I won a $5 MM vs Ruff, a Samus/Mario, vs K-****; 2nd PR Robin/Sheik and vs. another one I have to remember (I did a ton of MMs so it escape s me atm). I also did an MM versus an excellent Cloud and won. Lost to Justice; an Ike who won the tourney. Very impressed with his knowledge of the MU and even though I lost (narily!) I wish the set were recorded because I think I played terrifically apart from the final bizarre exchange which ended the game for me (quick draw hit me for the first time through a fully active Nair offstage) I played all these Mms on the "stream setup" only to discover that they weren't recording, so I had to keep manually saving replays, so I only got vids of 1 round versus K-**** and the Cloud.

The vids will be up soon. Feel like I played marvelously, having lost to only a choice few bad exchanges. I'll be going to more within the coming weeks, hopefully.

Last edited:

DioGamma

Smash Rookie
NNID
GammaPowerUser
Can I be rated in the List if I only play online matches?
(I participate in tournaments, but not in USA, Japan or Mexico)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Much to report from this weekend's tournies, gentleman. Will do once I get home.

Edit: I'll post some since I've a 5 hour drive ahead of me and I'm bored.

I got 3rd at the first tourney. Lost to a Bayonetta and Bowser Jr/DHD. I feel like I played very well, having both go to last hit game 5. I beat three PRs however: a Fox, a Cloud and Falcon/ROB. I dunno their exact positions, but the ROB was 4th in the Oregon/South WA PR. Beat the Bowser Jr/DHD in $5 MM. Also beat a good DDD in $5 MM.

Today got 5th. Got seeded low, so faced their Rosalina round 2 of winners. Last hit last game again, but didn't quite pull through. Made a great losers run, beating another ranked ROB and a ranked Mario and an Olimar/DHD. Faced a good Fox too, but I don't think he was ranked. One thing I noticed is that unlike eastern WA where the skill curve is steep between the lower stratum and the upper, Oregon has a lot of talent, so the curve between unranked and ranked is steady. Met the Rosa again in losers; same story as in winners.

Shortly thereafter, I MMed a lot of the top of the PR. I won a $5 MM vs Ruff, a Samus/Mario, vs K-****; 2nd PR Robin/Sheik and vs. another one I have to remember (I did a ton of MMs so it escape s me atm). I also did an MM versus an excellent Cloud and won. Lost to Justice; an Ike who won the tourney. Very impressed with his knowledge of the MU and even though I lost (narily!) I wish the set were recorded because I think I played terrifically apart from the final bizarre exchange which ended the game for me (quick draw hit me for the first time through a fully active Nair offstage) I played all these Mms on the "stream setup" only to discover that they weren't recording, so I had to keep manually saving replays, so I only got vids of 1 round versus K-**** and the Cloud.

The vids will be up soon. Feel like I played marvelously, having lost to only a choice few bad exchanges. I'll be going to more within the coming weeks, hopefully.
Good job (when you have time) would you tell us how many players were at each tournament? - And any names that we would recognise?

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Good job (when you have time) would you tell us how many players were at each tournament? - And any names that we would recognise?
Dunno the exact number. Around 30 or so. As for names, I doubt anyone'd recognize them if I, the person living in their state, didn't. Crimz, K-Co0n (keeps censoring co0n), Ruff, Justice, Braixen, etc. I was actually fearful it'd be really free, since nothing would be worse than getting 1st by plowing through a bunch of nobodies, but we've got some real talent here. Justice, Ruff, K-**** and JMSvsFAS (or something, he was a Luigi) really impressed me. Moreover, like I mentioned, the grade from unranked to ranked players is very steady. The Cloud I MMed -- Nikki -- was (and I don't say this just because I won to inflate my accomplishments) exceptionally good (and knowledgeable) and I don't believe they were ranked. Same with that Fox I faced. He took game 1 from me by doing a FAir > footstool combo -- something I certainly wouldn't expect from someone in R3 losers in eastern WA.

In contrast, eastern WA has good quality top players, but below top 6 the skill curve nosedives. I never fight ranked players in losers there until finals, and I fought 3 ranked folks in losers before loser's semis. I suppose that's why I'm not upset about getting 5th -- my lowest numerical placing yet -- because I played and beat more high-ranked players than I ever do in EWA tourneys where I place higher. So, in a way, I think these were two of my best placings yet. In addition, I'm pretty okay with my loss to the Bayonetta. Even if I'd won, it'd have been a super sloppy win; I clearly don't know the MU and need to look into it more.

On a side note, I'm in love with their willingness to money match. I did one MM in all of my time in EWA against Shiny. In this weekend alone, I did probably 10+. My only laments for the weekend are that so many excellent matches will never be seen because no one bothered to tell me the stream wasn't currently on. REALLY upset about that, in fact, because I was in rare form and just playing out of my mind.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Dunno the exact number. Around 30 or so. As for names, I doubt anyone'd recognize them if I, the person living in their state, didn't. Crimz, K-Co0n (keeps censoring co0n), Ruff, Justice, Braixen, etc. I was actually fearful it'd be really free, since nothing would be worse than getting 1st by plowing through a bunch of nobodies, but we've got some real talent here. Justice, Ruff, K-**** and JMSvsFAS (or something, he was a Luigi) really impressed me. Moreover, like I mentioned, the grade from unranked to ranked players is very steady. The Cloud I MMed -- Nikki -- was (and I don't say this just because I won to inflate my accomplishments) exceptionally good (and knowledgeable) and I don't believe they were ranked. Same with that Fox I faced. He took game 1 from me by doing a FAir > footstool combo -- something I certainly wouldn't expect from someone in R3 losers in eastern WA.

In contrast, eastern WA has good quality top players, but below top 6 the skill curve nosedives. I never fight ranked players in losers there until finals, and I fought 3 ranked folks in losers before loser's semis. I suppose that's why I'm not upset about getting 5th -- my lowest numerical placing yet -- because I played and beat more high-ranked players than I ever do in EWA tourneys where I place higher. So, in a way, I think these were two of my best placings yet. In addition, I'm pretty okay with my loss to the Bayonetta. Even if I'd won, it'd have been a super sloppy win; I clearly don't know the MU and need to look into it more.

On a side note, I'm in love with their willingness to money match. I did one MM in all of my time in EWA against Shiny. In this weekend alone, I did probably 10+. My only laments for the weekend are that so many excellent matches will never be seen because no one bothered to tell me the stream wasn't currently on. REALLY upset about that, in fact, because I was in rare form and just playing out of my mind.
What do you think of Oregon overall as a region? I hear their best talent is usually mixed in various parts of the state, with some areas being laughably easy to some being rather good in their own right. My friend N lives in Oregon and is ranked #2 in one of the areas there.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
What do you think of Oregon overall as a region? I hear their best talent is usually mixed in various parts of the state, with some areas being laughably easy to some being rather good in their own right. My friend N lives in Oregon and is ranked #2 in one of the areas there.

Hard to say. I know there're like 4 different regions from Eugene, to Portland then Bend and now my area. I played someone who's apparently #1 in Bend -- central Oregon -- who wasn't bad, but definitely not someone I'd imagine being #1 in a particularly strong region... or even a moderately strong one for that matter. I think the only region that matters atm would be Portland, since it draws in a lot of Washington folks, too, and the intermingling with players like Cacogen, Magister, etc. helps a lot.

The good news on the topic of ranks though is that I'll likely be ranked myself after these two tourneys, which means I'll get a higher seed and won't face the top seeds in R2 of winners. Not that seeding ultimately matters aside from a statistically higher chance to play more people, since doing well in bracket is meaningless if all you did was get a high seed and dodge all the killers until you're in range to get a good-sounding placement. Like I mentioned, despite it being my lowest placing yet, I beat more good players in yesterday's bracket than I ever did in an EWA tournament. It's just lamentable in terms of appearance, since I'd love to just say "I got 1st" and leave it at that. Soon though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I still feel like having the names clickable linking to their twitters is a good idea...I DID THE HARD PART FOR YOU!

Ray Kalm https://twitter.com/Zohaib_H_Khan
GanonTheBeast https://twitter.com/GanonTheBeast
Pon https://twitter.com/GanoPon
Gungnir https://twitter.com/ganon_gungnir
Vermanubis https://twitter.com/Vermanubis
Opana https://twitter.com/SmasherOpana

adom https://twitter.com/adom15510
Koskinator Koskinator Can't Find It
Rudori https://twitter.com/rudori1004
Rice https://twitter.com/SG_Rice
Swoops https://twitter.com/Swoopsism
Busutosu https://twitter.com/busutosumax
A2ZOMG https://twitter.com/A2ZOMG
LoveExpert https://twitter.com/LoveExpertSmash
DLA https://twitter.com/DLAhhh
Deotay https://twitter.com/DeotayDeity
BOB R.O.B https://twitter.com/BOBAsagi
SumDumbAss https://twitter.com/FreakingBelgium
Vaataji https://twitter.com/Vaataji_Deity
MexicanoZaibatsu https://twitter.com/MexZaibatsu

ZuraHollow https://twitter.com/ZuraHollow
LiQui https://twitter.com/itsLiQui
@Meepenator Can't Find It
Miya https://twitter.com/TERA78384797
Xinc https://twitter.com/xincmars
AlterRequiem https://twitter.com/AlterRequiem
Tonnura https://twitter.com/Tonnura_ssb4
Gleed https://twitter.com/aliigleed
@Blobface Can't Find It
SSBMatt https://twitter.com/InK_SSBMATT
Apostrophe https://twitter.com/douche_squid
@Arconi Can't Find It
MGK https://twitter.com/MGK_Ganondorf
Vishera https://twitter.com/AlexSztogryn
YokonTheSage https://twitter.com/YokonTheSage
@randomguy1235 Can't Find It
Abbey Street https://twitter.com/AbbeyStreetRC
@PRGN Can't Find It
jmanup85 https://twitter.com/jmanup85

C Tier (Chaotic Legions)
Naroghin https://twitter.com/bjcMuse
thymeballoon https://twitter.com/BalloonThyme
Garioshi https://twitter.com/Gary_Oakshi

I stopped after Gari cause my brain is fried and I need sleep...
Incase you're wondering where I found all these twitters
I only had to go to one page.....Gleed's Twitter Following...LOL
https://twitter.com/aliigleed/following

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom