• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
mgleed mgleed in B tier? Did we enter the twilight zone? While we're at it put me in T Tier.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I don't think I'll use Corrin much until after Apex assuming I go. I wanna take my dorf to a stacked major solo and not drown in pools lol.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I don't think I'll use Corrin much until after Apex assuming I go. I wanna take my dorf to a stacked major solo and not drown in pools lol.
That's just what a Corrin main would say.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
^ Opana is a secret Fire Emblem spy?

Anyway, A2ZOMG A2ZOMG once GTB attends and does well in a stacked tourney with some good players, I'm not sure if I'd consider him S Tier.

And, I know you stated that you consider Gungnir to be the best Ganon, and, even though I do as well, when was his last result? I'm more concerned about placements, wasn't his a little over a year ago?

Pon and Adom are working harder than him atm, and they even stated that they might travel overseas to attend nationals (Adom already has, and placed well). Both, if they do well in their upcoming tournaments, should be placed above him.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm not gonna drop Corrin, more like they're on a vacation lmao. I still want to prove my dorf and he's gotten worse, I gotta dedicate time to him for now and see how I can do against great players. I feel like if I pick Corrin up again now I might fall too far behind, so my goal is to use solo ganon until I can attend a major. In our 1.1.5 meta I have new hope to do well with him, if I do well enough I may just keep Corrin in friendlies like many other characters tbh.

I know what my issues are but I'm not fighting enough players who can help me work on them. I have ideas to do that though, and if anything I'll continue optimizing and maximizing my punish game that's becoming increasingly more scary with footstools involved. I gotta make S tier man lol.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Are you trying to convince us
Or yourself?

Btw lovin this whole bashing zach for using corrin/chars that arent ganon, keep it up guys

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
I'd put myself in B tier, alongside gunblade at least. There is a lot of footage of my ganondorf online, though my Ganondorf has changed immensely from each video. I haven't gone to majors besides APEX in 2015 (happened to be when I mained Falco). I beat gunblade in mirrors in bracket at a local, and almost took a set off of Dugan's Fox (for those that know of the New Jersey power rankings). I know that locals don't count as much as majors, but I always played low tier characters and never felt going to majors was worth the money/attempt , besides APEX when the meta was still super young. Though, I don't know the criteria, so let me know how you guys think I'd place. I can try and post some of my better matchecs, if requested.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Y'know, if my performance during the roy crew battle hadn't been so good i'd have recommended to be dropped down a few places.

So instead I request the accolade for "Most wildly inconsistent skill level".

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd put myself in B tier, alongside gunblade at least. There is a lot of footage of my ganondorf online, though my Ganondorf has changed immensely from each video. I haven't gone to majors besides APEX in 2015 (happened to be when I mained Falco). I beat gunblade in mirrors in bracket at a local, and almost took a set off of Dugan's Fox (for those that know of the New Jersey power rankings). I know that locals don't count as much as majors, but I always played low tier characters and never felt going to majors was worth the money/attempt , besides APEX when the meta was still super young. Though, I don't know the criteria, so let me know how you guys think I'd place. I can try and post some of my better matchecs, if requested.
I was watching some of your more recent stuff, and while you clearly have pretty decent knowledge of how to play Ganon, I saw a lot of struggling with adapting to opposing safe spacing and baits due to a tendency for you to mostly pair movements directly with attacks, which left you open to being punished. Probably the Corrin matchup of your most recently uploaded videos is most showing where your gameplay is limited. That matchup fundamentally is best tackled patiently, and you missed a fair number of reaction punishes especially at ledge situations, and also just generally found yourself in bad situations for unnecessary commitments in neutral (landing directly on Corrin's projectile in a neutral situation on Duck Hunt? Yeah that was pretty ugly).

I felt like also generally in the games I watched your followup knowledge was generally fairly weak, and you overcommitted to some followups instead of actively reacting or conditioning people into traps, especially evident in how you mostly failed attempts to seal stocks easily on the opposing Fox player I saw while you got caught by ledge trump D-smash, something which with slightly better microspacing you could outspace with the Up-B uppercut (especially before he even gets to trump you in the first place).

I'll reserve judgement for a bit if you think you have better (and especially more recent) showings, though I wouldn't rank you B-tier based on the 3 most recent videos on your channel.

Last edited:

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Yeah Pawclaw you gotta do a lot more to have your Ganon by mine homeslice. I been doing this forever now. haha.
Like he said, Ganon dittos dont get you as far as you would imagine. I have beaten Opana in a money match, but you dont see me all the way up in A tier. Same thing with Gunblade, I have even seen him beat Opana in tournament 2-0 very crisp, and still, he is with me in B tier.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Like he said, Ganon dittos dont get you as far as you would imagine. I have beaten Opana in a money match, but you dont see me all the way up in A tier. Same thing with Gunblade, I have even seen him beat Opana in tournament 2-0 very crisp, and still, he is with me in B tier.
Man you know what happened lol. Onett, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pac Land, Delfino...

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah I know, but all the kills I did were fair and square B^)
I perfect pivoted on ice stadium but I didn't go far enough to dodge that wp lmao

There were other silly kills but that was my favorite lol

With the best commentary too

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
I read the wiz kick on pacland, thats why I got the rwp there. And that commentary was so dumb lol, favorite part imo was when you won a round and I think it was Eric that said something like, "And LoveExpert loses, again"

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I read the wiz kick on pacland, thats why I got the rwp there. And that commentary was so dumb lol, favorite part imo was when you won a round and I think it was Eric that said something like, "And LoveExpert loses, again"
Pac land put me in a dirty position lol

They were digging into you man, next time you gotta get in there and give it back lmao

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Pac land put me in a dirty position lol

They were digging into you man, next time you gotta get in there and give it back lmao
I totally loved the commentary even if I was the one getting all the sh*t lol. And pacland totally did put you in a dirty position lol

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Deotay's win over pugwest was pretty impressive, I think it should be enough to push him to B.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Oh wow haha. I just got to reading the responses now, Gunblade789 Gunblade789 , A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , LoveExpert LoveExpert I respect your responses. However, no one has really clarified the criteria for who goes into what tier. I understand I'm not B-tier material , but where would I be placed? My recent uploads to provide some footage of me, albeit some goofs and such (sometimes I'm just happy to get ganon on stream sometimes since I don't see strong representation for the character in my region and go for the glory). I understand that beating someone in ganon mirrors may not warrant being in the same tier as them, but I figured it would give somewhat of an idea of where I deserve to be.

Update: I went back to the OP, and saw a tiny link jammed in there with a tier list placement guideline. Cool. So, I guess B tier is farfetched. At least, for now, with the current footage that's available lol. I'd say I usually get within top 5 at locals with 30 people, but I guess I gotta put some more tournaments in to get more matches recorded on stream to bring here.

"B tier: Demonstration of solid game fundamentals and advanced technique execution
C tier: Comfortable basic mastery of Ganondorf (knowing when and where to use each of his moves, essentially)"

Anyway, thanks for the critique, A2ZOMG A2ZOMG . The corrin set was probably my first ever fight against a Corrin (much less a good one), in tournament. I have a great deal of patience, but also I noticed that he was a player who cracked under pressure and was very afraid of me (as he confirmed after the set). I felt like giving him space was probably a bad idea, and in-his-face pressure was important. My ganondorf is very aggressive and people tell me I create the illusion that ganondorf is fast, despite his slow attacks. So, I suppose that I still need more patience, and focus more on reads and being defensive?

-Against the fox, I have a good knowledge on how to sweetspot the up b, and mix it up between letting the hitbox come out, or simply snapping ledge, or better aerial movement. There wasn't much I could do there, to be honest. After a while, he put out his own mindgames with that, and he adjusted accordingly, as you'll notice.

-Something I know I need to work on is relying on flame choke more to close stocks. For a long time I considered flame choke into down tilt as like an easy-way-out on dishing damage and getting kills. But not that I've hardened my ganon, I realize its what I lack now. And my over commiting to reads is usually because I usually am right with them. Especially with my dair after flame chokes, which usually turnover matches very well or are well placed. I do need to consider safer options or less rewarding ones. I had great mixups and pressure with falco , andproblems closing stocks when I mained falco, so I guess its the same with ganon, here. I'll look to post other matches here, as I play them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Last edited:

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
http://smashboards.com/threads/hier...munity-tier-list.393614/page-12#post-20659639
Criteria for tiers is sorta like that.

A lot of it depends on subjective video analysis, but if you want the really simplified version, you can sorta tier Ganon players by how often they space B-air correctly. Suffice to say, I felt safe spacing was a bit of a weak point in the matches I observed.
Yeah, funny that you say that, because recently ... for whatever reason ... I have been terrible with back airing. You'll notice me doing it too soon to the ground a few times, when the hitbox won't even come out because I timed it so bad lol. I don't know what's up with me. But yeah, my back airs have been terrible so touche haha

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
First time playing against a bayonetta in general. I think 3 days after she came out
Not saying your bad in anyway or trying to make yourself look better, but saying stuff like that is just odd and personally uncalled for. If you don't think that's a good demonstration of what you have to offer then please, go fight a friend on netplay, get some matches (like a set), post the matches to YouTube, and show us that instead.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Not saying your bad in anyway or trying to make yourself look better, but saying stuff like that is just odd and personally uncalled for. If you don't think that's a good demonstration of what you have to offer then please, go fight a friend on netplay, get some matches (like a set), post the matches to YouTube, and show us that instead.
Oh, I think it's a decent representation. I was just saying, for the sake of accurate measure of the footage in relation to my skill. I think I did well for my first time fighting a bayonetta in tournament, and that bayonetta was relatively new (to fight and to fight as) , so I said it to kind of let people consider that in their opinion (for better or for worse lol). But yeah, I guess I can get some online footage of me fighting someone in a private room. I just thought tournament footage would do more justice, putting my performance aside.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
After having the pleasure of playing LoveExpert LoveExpert in some Ganon dittos, he thought C-tier would be a good spot for me. Excuse my ignorance but how would one go about ascending the list? Challenging people on Anther's?

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Just show some footage of your ganon, as well as some tournament results from a Challonge bracket or something like that. Also I do think he could be high C-Tier according to the people I know of my tier and the one below.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Three of my much more recent tournament sets (Last Friday). One of them against the fox I played a set with early march, I posted a video against him, and he was the one that down smashed me off ledge and did a lot of ledge trumps on dreamland ( as A2ZOMG A2ZOMG commented, if I recall correctly). These are intense matches that probably exhibit my choices/playstyle a little better for you guys. There's also a small crew battle that I fought the Corrin matchup again, and had a little better of a time (The one who 3-0'd me at the same tournament I fought the fox previously mentioned, early march)

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Idk what placing but I do wanna say you punished their overuse of flipjump well but seem to give in to pressure and make worse choices vs Fox.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Ya dog you crack under the pressure like when zach is down in a set and switches to corrin
Well....

shiiiiietttttt

Do I? Damn. Maybe I just drop my patience too much. My friend Sin Cara tells me from time to time that I need to be more defensive. I honestly don't get nervous during matches (or its very rare). But yeah, I can see that I open myself up too much and let my opponent rack up a lot of damage. I'm better at making comebacks, but it's dangerous, I know. My defense needs more work (or I should lay off on the aggression), but how is my neutral game?

I ended up getting 2nd/32 .

Koskinator Koskinator , Opana Opana

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah while you played your negative state a little bit better in this set, I still generally felt like you really just didn't understand the dynamics of the Fox matchup, as in what things are punishable on block (a lot of things actually, you just have to know what to react to), and how to cover Fox's common spacing options against Ganon. Especially consider the times where he got away with fullhop spacing against you for free or any time you let him DA and U-tilt you on shield, when it's extremely punishable.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Yeah while you played your negative state a little bit better in this set, I still generally felt like you really just didn't understand the dynamics of the Fox matchup, as in what things are punishable on block (a lot of things actually, you just have to know what to react to), and how to cover Fox's common spacing options against Ganon. Especially consider the times where he got away with fullhop spacing against you for free or any time you let him DA and U-tilt you on shield, when it's extremely punishable.
Alright, I guess I'll read up on the fox matchup in the other ganon thread. Thanks!

Top Bottom