• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Eh all the heavy hitters weren't there and admittedly I abused the hell out of peoples' inability to trch choke today. I didn't feel well so I far exceeded my expectations though if I'm honest. Wasn't gonna post this one but I do appreciate it, and I did get a few hype reads here and there( my fav being that up b kill on sonic...)

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Appreciate the context on who made it to your locals. I have a few top 8s that I won't use to promote myself when I know my best competition wasn't there.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah I'd probably still use Corrin but they near totally outclass him, unless I wanted to main Corrin there wasn't much point in pursuing them imo.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ay, why aren't I on this tier list

I matter, Don't I?

Post evidence, then we talk.

Alternatively you could try to get in games with other Ganon players to analyze your gameplay.

Last edited:

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Post evidence, then we talk.

Alternatively you could try to get in games with other Ganon players to analyze your gameplay.
Well, i beat Nintedude at EVO 2015 as seen in the link in my signature. As far as all the other ganons go id love to get more involved, I've just heard that a game I've been hosting a mumble server for is going offline in the near future... if there isn't a discord chat already I'd be happy to donate that for use by these forums.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Last edited:

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
This weekend I traveled out of my usual territory, away from opanas area, to see how well my ganon would stand to people that dont constantly play the matchup. Sure enough, I placed decently high in both tournaments. Sadly the first tournament had a very small amount of player http://challonge.com/smash4mercy , as well as the second. But the second tournament had some very well players as you can see here: http://challonge.com/ConquestWiiUSingles http://challonge.com/ConquestWiiUDubz . A decent thing to point out is that I beat Goolick during singles bracket (and paired with him in doubles), a very strong ddd player that even beat opana in a grand finals situation http://challonge.com/esesmashdown2singles, so he in fact does know the matchup, makes the win that much greater of a win overall. With these facts, I personally believe I could be placed at least a bit higher in the tier list. A2ZOMG A2ZOMG Opana Opana

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Tbf I struggle in the d3 mu and especially so during that time. He's not a bad player though, just wannamake that clear.

Here's the set I lost from December 9th, notably I feel for the slow gordo a lot. (Towards the end)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=26lLah_Djac

Here's the set from our most recent weekly this past wednesday, notably we both sded lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-B599-Z9GQ

I just wanted to give a clearer picture and some footage to work with, to properly gauge skill and what it may mean for LoveExpert.

I will say though LoveExpert's placings have notably risen recently.

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Tbf I struggle in the d3 mu and especially so during that time. He's not a bad player though, just wannamake that clear.

I just wanted to give a clearer picture and some footage to work with, to properly gauge skill and what it may mean for LoveExpert.

I will say though LoveExpert's placings have notably risen recently.
I actually forgot you had a ddd problem, still a really strong player though, I also did not know you too have fought more recent then that video, sorry about that mistake. Also thanks for pointing that out

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
If I'd like to be on this tier list, I'd have to get some games in with someone like A2 right? If so, could I at some point?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If I'd like to be on this tier list, I'd have to get some games in with someone like A2 right? If so, could I at some point?
I prefer usually if you actually have videos of your gameplay to promote but that could work as long as it's not Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday mornings.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Ah, okay. I have a few videos that I could post.
Edit: These videos are just personal choices, though not necessarily the best or worst examples. I'd say they're rather average performances.

Last edited:

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Just got third at Opana's local, bearing several of the top players, and 2 of the ese dudes who knows the ganon matchup better then I. Also did it all from losers dude, as I was knocked into losers first game. Hell, even beat Goat_C, one of the best players they have. Now will I be placed higher on the list? http://challonge.com/SVRWiiU9 A2ZOMG A2ZOMG Opana Opana

FibreOpticBrick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FibreOpticBrick
3DS FC
1392-6564-8242
I've only just found this tier list thing, I'm not sure where I'd place. Could anyone help me out?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd rank you somewhere around mid C, your punish game is a bit linear and weak and you haven't developed a lot of good responses to baits when you're in a disadvantage, though you pick fairly decent options in neutral. You throw out too many moves after U-smash when you should be focusing a lot more on pressuring people with movements and generally speaking I never took the bait when you tried to directly attack after U-smash.

Last edited:

FibreOpticBrick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FibreOpticBrick
3DS FC
1392-6564-8242
I'd rank you somewhere around mid C, your punish game is a bit linear and weak and you haven't developed a lot of good responses to baits when you're in a disadvantage, though you pick fairly decent options in neutral. You throw out too many moves after U-smash when you should be focusing a lot more on pressuring people with movements and generally speaking I never took the bait when you tried to directly attack after U-smash.
How would I work on those?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A lot of it is knowing what your opponent is able to do, hence why I focused on playing several different matchups. For instance, Link really likes it when you airdodge after D-throw given his U-air automatically covers it anyway and he can punish landing next to him extremely hard with his powerful Smashes. Often times your best response was to just jump away or to take the U-air if you weren't at death percents. So when playing negative, it's really important to know how specifically your opponent can kill you in a given moment.

In the ditto, I would U-throw you and try to anticipate when you would jump, because hitting you out of your jump would spell instant death if I played the situation correctly. Naturally, you should have found other things to do or find more efficient ways to ledge reset or fastfall into a landing mixup to avoid getting killed.

Similarly, a lot of the tactics I used to pressure you into kills are something you should be applying generally into your gameplay, which is pressuring out defensive responses so that they fall into something that you want them to fall into.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Could I get some games in with you A2? I'm available right now as well as Tuesday and Wednesday anytime after 5-ish.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Anyone who follows this thread will notice @Pon57 has reclaimed his S-tier seat. Watch him on stream or ask to play him! Combined with pretty respectable results in a few big Japanese tournaments, he's a top threat, one we've known for a long time. It's scary to realize he's gotten miles better today than when we first met him.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm glad Pon made S, for some reason I assumed he'd been S even though I was an advocate for raising him a short while ago lol.

I'm gonna be heading to another stacked regional with names like ally , mvd, and larry lurr along with upstates best with my crew and LoveExpert LoveExpert . Hopefully we can rep the community well.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Liquid|Nairo (Zero Suit Samus)
2. Boreal|Ally (Mario)
3. COG|Mew2King (Cloud)
4. DTN|SuperGirlKels (Sonic, Kirby)
5. IceNinja (Palutena)
5. Holy (R.O.B.)
7. Poke (Luigi, Captain Falcon)
7. San (Ike)

9. VGBC|Logic (Olimar)
9. AGN|KidGoggles (Sonic, Kirby)
9. EGE|Chrim Foish (Diddy Kong)
9. AGN|PikaPika (Pikachu)
13. HoH|Venom (Ryu)
13. PhillyCheeze (Rosalina & Luma)
13. Jibe (Yoshi)
13. Zhao_Guang (Luigi)

17. LGS|Truth (Bayonetta)
17. Gains (Luigi)
17. Vapor (Greninja)
17. Blank (Rosalina & Luma)
17. JBones (Yoshi)
17. LGS|BlackTwins (Mario, Cloud)
17. Yoh (Sheik)
17. RayKalm (Ganondorf)

25. AwesomeCake (Peach)
25. Sandro (Corrin)
25. AkaGenesis (R.O.B.)
25. Skypilot
25. Astro (Lucario)
25. K-R-L (Dark Pit)
25. wTT.z (Cloud)
25. Seel (Yoshi)

Placed 17th of 200+. Could do better.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Good stuff Ray I always expect a solid performance man.

Also hype to see Zhao there, we used to wifi a ton I know how solid that Luigi is.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
I've always felt he was at LEAST A-tier even before, Rice is solid. To through some shade at this though, that was Tre's Link lol

In other news:

https://youtu.be/m6ugVxTMwfc

Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm thems fighting words ;)

I might be feeling the evil lately fellas. Who all is going to evo btw?

Opana Opana @Vermanubis A2ZOMG A2ZOMG mgleed mgleed Koskinator Koskinator etc?
Been seein you throw out Ganon here and there lately, good stuff. I don't think I'll be there, but I wish you luck! I just got out of school for the summer so I might try to come out to more events. If only I weren't 50 mins away from Tempe...

Top Bottom