• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Nope. Just look at how many crossovers, merchandise and media adaptations Persona's been in. ATLUS is pretty lax with Persona, as long as it's not about spoilers.

It's more like the situation of Gekkos in Shadow Moses Island and Yoshi's Crafted World alt. By no means an alt is comparable to a playable character.

I still don't know why you are trying so hard to find an evidence on ATLUS being malevolent, even when you claim you aren't making an accusation post.
ATLUS poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
P5S announcement talked about everywhere now :)

The 24th and 25th will be the key dates for sure.

D

Deleted member

I may try to pick Persona 5S, even if I do later than most people.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Here’s another neat thing - Version 2.0.2 is coming today! Obviously, I wouldn’t expect Joker in it, but it’s definitely possible for there to be some new files in the update for people to find. It’ll be worth keeping an eye on!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here’s another neat thing - Version 2.0.2 is coming today! Obviously, I wouldn’t expect Joker in it, but it’s definitely possible that there might be some more data for him in the update that people can find. It’ll be worth keeping an eye on!
Wow, that's odd. 3.0 should be on its way so i wonder what this is for. Maybe it's just a few bug fixes. It'll be really cool if there's some balance stuff tho :O

D

Deleted member

So basically, a Direct will have to be announced by Wednesday morning, or we're not getting nothing this week?
The other thread on Smashboards talking about Joker probably has the best chance of being right regarding his release. We're down to it likely being the 9th or the 24/25th that he's revealed & released. The 9th is the 'first calendar day' of the game; when he arrived at Sojiro's house and the 24th/25th is that concert. Both days are prime for his release.

That means, with Directs being anywhere from 2 days to 1 week before a release, we're looking at either an April 5th/April 7th direct for a 9th release or 19th/22nd Direct for a 24th/25th release for Joker.

Everybody seems to think they might drop Joker with little to no fanfare because of Piranha Plant, but the truth is that they already had given us a full gameplay trailer for the plant and talked about the Update coming, so it was likely they were going to be paired anyway. Plus, the Plant was just a 'bonus' for registering your game through My Nintendo or whatever; he was never one of the 'DLC Characters', so I don't think they ever planned on hyping him up. Joker, as well as the rest of the DLC characters to come, will all get reveal trailers for them. Joker may be the only to get a Teaser Trailer and gamplay trailer though.

That's just my belief, though. I seem to be one of the only people on the internet not expecting a full wave of 3rd party characters. I'm still of the belief that the last 2, or even 3, characters in the Fighter's Pass will be all from Nintendo 1st party properties. In fact, it may sound weird (and anger some people), but I'd say Kamek/Magikoopa's chances are fairly good since his presence in the series has only increased since originally being a basic Mario enemy. He even became a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces recently (or will be sometime this month, rather). There's a ton of Nintendo characters that can be implemented (without seeming like a 'stretch'), so to think that every character from now til the end of time will be this 'OMG really?!?!?!' inclusion is just going to start setting people up for another Grinch Leak level disappointment for some people.

EDIT: Was responding to an older post than I thought when my feed alerted me to a new post in this thread lol. With the reveal of Version 2.0.2 coming out later today, I still hold to my opinion. I don't think it'll drop today and I'm pretty confident they'll drop a gameplay trailer beforehand. I'm more than happy to be wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
Wow, that's odd. 3.0 should be on its way so i wonder what this is for. Maybe it's just a few bug fixes. It'll be really cool if there's some balance stuff tho :O
It'll very likely be a small bug fix and a word of warning to save your replays, in order to pave the way for 3.0.0. Maybe we'll even get a release date!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It'll very likely be a small bug fix and a word of warning to save your replays, in order to pave the way for 3.0.0. Maybe we'll even get a release date!
Oh. if we get that warning that could mean 3.0 coming soon :D
Well, the very least im expecting is 1 tidbit or other from datamining XD

i mean, if not it's ok, it's just we could use some cool info. ;p

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't think they need an update to do that. They just put a notice in the news section. Probably just the bug fix imo. But they've had updates within a week of each other before so it doesn't mean we won't be getting Joker soon.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm going to guess this is a Switch port of the game, and that "new Phantom Thieves" is referring to players who will be playing it for the first time. I remembered this rumor from a while back that said as much, and the same person also said we'd get the port's reveal before May - while I'm not sure how credible this person is, it lines up with a late April announcement, so that's what my guess is for now.

Seems most likely, then, that Joker will join Smash around that point, with P5R being the 24th and P5S being the 25th! Ah, well, I can handle one more month. :p
But that person said P5S would also be on PS4... What point would that be if it was a Switch port and if P5R is also an enhanced version?

"New Phantom Thieves" makes me think this is probably a spin-off/sequel hybrid, a la Persona 4 Dancing in Night... Like, bring everyone back, add in a new character, and have them save the world and steal hearts through some other genre...

In this case... um... Persona 5 Sports! The legally-speaking-not-the-Olympics are in Tokyo and the Phantom Thieves need to stop some sort of corruption scandal. The collective subconscious thought about the Olympics is so large that it created a new Mementos-esque-place that is basically a sports resort, where you can only defeat shadows and steal hearts by beating them in various sports. Joined by Shiho and Mishima, a newly-reformed/re-organized Phantom Thieves have to save the day through playing a bunch of surprisingly-good minigames in a story that people will review as "taking itself way too seriously for a Persona-themed Wii Sports Resort."

Does that sound fanfiction-y as hell? Yes, but so did Dancing All Night!

Here’s another neat thing - Version 2.0.2 is coming today! Obviously, I wouldn’t expect Joker in it, but it’s definitely possible for there to be some new files in the update for people to find. It’ll be worth keeping an eye on!
Yeah, wouldn't bet on it. They dropped characters in incremental updates in Smash 4, but Smash 4 also never got to a version 2.0.0, nevermind a version 3.0.0.,,

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
But that person said P5S would also be on PS4... What point would that be if it was a Switch port and if P5R is also an enhanced version?

"New Phantom Thieves" makes me think this is probably a spin-off/sequel hybrid, a la Persona 4 Dancing in Night... Like, bring everyone back, add in a new character, and have them save the world and steal hearts through some other genre...

In this case... um... Persona 5 Sports! The legally-speaking-not-the-Olympics are in Tokyo and the Phantom Thieves need to stop some sort of corruption scandal. The collective subconscious thought about the Olympics is so large that it created a new Mementos-esque-place that is basically a sports resort, where you can only defeat shadows and steal hearts by beating them in various sports. Joined by Shiho and Mishima, a newly-reformed/re-organized Phantom Thieves have to save the day through playing a bunch of surprisingly-good minigames in a story that people will review as "taking itself way too seriously for a Persona-themed Wii Sports Resort."

Yeah, wouldn't bet on it. They dropped characters in incremental updates in Smash 4, but Smash 4 also never got to a version 2.0.0, nevermind a version 3.0.0.,,
Just watch, 2.0.2 actually will add Joker even though Pirahna Plant brought it to 2.0

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The p5r version could be a ways away, and having a switch version sooner would probably be worth it. I think p5 switch makes sense. But, nothing wrong with olympic spin offs maybe :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shooting game, I tell you people, it'll be a shooting game!

Oh, and 28 days left until the Joker release window closes.

You don't suppose they might have an update every week as a form of countdown?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Assuming they’re correct, maybe P5S is the enhanced version, and P5R isn’t an enhanced version after all? We never got any confirmation that that’s what R is, did we?

Persona 5 Sports would be fun though, haha :p

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's The Royal.
I know that’s the name, but what I’m wondering about is whether or not they actually confirmed it was an enhanced version or not.

“The Royal” makes it easy to assume it is, going along with “The Golden”, but did they say that outright yet?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know that’s the name, but what I’m wondering about is whether or not they actually confirmed it was an enhanced version or not.

“The Royal” makes it easy to assume it is, going along with “The Golden”, but did they say that outright yet?
Well we know it wont just be a port, since there's a new character. It could be an enhanced version or totally just be its own (side)game within the persona 5 story.

osby

Smash Obsessed

ATLUS's track record makes it hard to assume it's anything else. If it was a spin-off, they'd likely announce it as such, like they did with previous ones.

Well we know it wont just be a port, since there's a new character. It could be an enhanced version or totally just be its own (side)game within the persona 5 story.
That, and ATLUS never only makes simple ports for Persona (at least, in Japan).

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
i think it stands for persona 5 switch, with exclusive content featuring nintendo characters that may tie into super smash brothers like with bayonetta

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's why I think P5S could be just the switch port (I dont know their patterns in the past though.);

They're not really hyping it with a trailer like they did with p5r.
(hence maybe there's nothing new to show) that's all :p

It'll sell for sure especially with joker coming to smash.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
The p5r version could be a ways away, and having a switch version sooner would probably be worth it. I think p5 switch makes sense. But, nothing wrong with olympic spin offs maybe :p
I suppose if it was an instant drop, then that would make sense. But if it is not coming until the fall... I dunno. 23 more days until we do know though...

They have outright said it is a RPG, though not if it is an enhanced version. So, it is technically possible that P5S is an enhanced rerelease and P5R is some entirely new JRPG, but if that is the case, then ATLUS is working on taking the "Most confusing naming scheme" award from Nintendo...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They have outright said it is a RPG, though not if it is an enhanced version. So, it is technically possible that P5S is an enhanced rerelease and P5R is some entirely new JRPG, but if that is the case, then ATLUS is working on taking the "Most confusing naming scheme" award from Nintendo...
No, I think that award belongs to the Kingdom Hearts series.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ahhhhh, fair. The fact that New Super Mario Bros 2 is the third New Super Mario Bros game has to get some points though, right?

True, but that one is a parody...
Alright, then how about the neptunia series?
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru

To be fair tho some of those are pretty japan. and japan has weird naming taste XD

amageish

Smash Master
Alright, then how about the neptunia series?
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru

To be fair tho some of those are pretty japan. and japan has weird naming taste XD
Oh god, yeah. My favourite is how the "remakes" are self-aware that they are "remakes," so they are somehow both remakes and sequels at the same time...

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
This video's a good sum up of why we should be patient. If you feel Joker is "late", please refer to this video and see that Joker's release is very in line with Smash DLC of the past.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

(Just wanted to see what it'd look like in a post :))
Not sure where it came from but i like pixel art.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
ATLUS's track record makes it hard to assume it's anything else. If it was a spin-off, they'd likely announce it as such, like they did with previous ones.

That, and ATLUS never only makes simple ports for Persona (at least, in Japan).
You're not wrong! I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Looking forward to seeing what they are the end of the month! :)

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
If it's a sports game or whatever other genre out there then it's official: Atlus has officially jumped the shark when it comes to their Persona milking. And people here wonder why I have such a pre-conceived notion about them no matter how baseless it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom