• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Pony Tail physics for his shirt ruffles and costume code for his alt color(s). I'm happy to be wrong mind you but I don't particularly trust transitive property news when it comes to codes.
But why would they use pony tail physics for clothing when they no doubt already have a bunch of clothing physics? That seems bizarre to me.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Joker's dagger looks the same to me and it is certainly not as long as Akechi's beam sword. As for that second thing, that has not really been happening here at least.
It's definitely longer than it is in persona 5 by a fair margin. While not as long as the beamsword, the two could meet in the middle. A longer knife, and a shorter beamsword. Beamsword could still be a little longer than the knife, so Akechi has extra range but less attack power for moves that use it. It could definitely fit, but I'd be really surprised to see it happen.

amageish

Smash Master
Honestly, I was thinking about that code. It'd make more sense to me that instead of FeMC, it was just their code for the Arsene model.
It's possible it is for a persona, though I feel like he would have to be using the Wild Card to find a persona that... you know, actually has a ponytail...

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
It's possible it is for a persona, though I feel like he would have to be using the Wild Card to find a persona that... you know, actually has a ponytail...
Any Personas that fit the bill?

It's definitely longer than it is in persona 5 by a fair margin. While not as long as the beamsword, the two could meet in the middle. A longer knife, and a shorter beamsword. Beamsword could still be a little longer than the knife, so Akechi has extra range but less attack power for moves that use it. It could definitely fit, but I'd be really surprised to see it happen.
I know I should be happy if Akechi or anyone makes it in as a Joker echo, because hey the more the merrier; but not only can I not STAND Akechi and his sickening popularity (blame it on me hating it when characters get the Draco Malfoy treatment), but I feel like this will just cause Persona fans to keep demanding more and more.

If there would be one consolation for me if Akechi gets in, it's to make him my personal punching bag.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know I should be happy if Akechi or anyone makes it in as a Joker echo, because hey the more the merrier; but not only can I not STAND Akechi and his sickening popularity (blame it on me hating it when characters get the Draco Malfoy treatment), but I feel like this will just cause Persona fans to keep demanding more and more.

If there would be one consolation for me if Akechi gets in, it's to make him my personal punching bag.
Ahh, Draco in Leather Pants.

amageish

Smash Master
Any Personas that fit the bill?
There are a plurality of persona with ponytails, yeah. Shiva is probably the most famous of them - only found via fusion in P5, but a very well-known deity in general - but there are dozens of options, especially if you also include ones that appear in Persona Q2. Wouldn't explain why the ponytail files were assoicated with only one costume, but it's definitely possible.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am curious, wouldn't the physics of the Persona in question not be on this line of code? Or at least, I figure the name of the persona would be on the code with the physics.

amageish

Smash Master
I think what confuses me the most is that it's specifically associated with an alt.
I am not a programmer, but could it be that the persona(s) are all recoloured alongside Joker for his alts? Would that require another ponytail rendering file?

Granted, I suppose Joker will also be the first real summoning-type character, so we may not know how it'll work...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am not a programmer, but could it be that the persona(s) are all recoloured alongside Joker for his alts? Would that require another ponytail rendering file?

Granted, I suppose Joker will also be the first real summoning-type character, so we may not know how it'll work...
That could be the case, but if Joker has multiple Persona then this will be all the more difficult. For example, Arsene and Jack Frost have very different color schemes, so what would changing Joker's alt do? And that is not even taking in account the possibility of Kirby summoning a Persona. Kirby is another reason I believe the pony tail physics is not linked to any Person, as they would need to be apart of their own model for both Joker and Kirby. At least, I think so.

amageish

Smash Master
That could be the case, but if Joker has multiple Persona then this will be all the more difficult. For example, Arsene and Jack Frost have very different color schemes, so what would changing Joker's alt do? And that is not even taking in account the possibility of Kirby summoning a Persona. Kirby is another reason I believe the pony tail physics is not linked to any Person, as they would need to be apart of their own model for both Joker and Kirby. At least, I think so.
Jack Frost would probably be the only easy one to recolour, given how Black Frost, Lemon Frost, Strawberry Frost, Melon Frost, Milky Frost, Blue Hawaii Frost, and Lucifroz all exist (I promise you I didn't make any of those up). Arsene could be recoloured to match the other party members personas I guess? But if he has a lot of persona, then suddenly this becomes an impractical logistical nightmare...

Imagine one of those 20-minute-long "Every Smash Costume Explained!" videos, but it's 20-minutes long and just going through Joker's personas.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Jack Frost would probably be the only easy one to recolour, given how Black Frost, Lemon Frost, Strawberry Frost, Melon Frost, Milky Frost, Blue Hawaii Frost, and Lucifroz all exist (I promise you I didn't make any of those up). Arsene could be recoloured to match the other party members personas I guess? But if he has a lot of persona, then suddenly this becomes an impractical logistical nightmare...

Imagine one of those 20-minute-long "Every Smash Costume Explained!" videos, but it's 20-minutes long and just going through Joker's personas.
That is the key issue here. I have no doubt that alts could be made for all the Persona, it's putting them all together plus with a specifically colored Joker in a logical way that will not cause difficulty in telling each other apart. And again, you have to take account of Kirby and how all of this will affect his Persona use.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Trust me, Persona fans are happy with what we got. No one will demand more if we get an echo as well. That would decrease the odds of demanding more actually. Also, for real, can you please stop with your whining about persona fans? It's legitimately really annoying. We all know you hate the persona fanbase. You don't have to shove it down our throats in every other post.

Edit: You also clearly haven't been a Persona fan for very long if you think we're spoiled by frequent releases.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
That is the key issue here. I have no doubt that alts could be made for all the Persona, it's putting them all together plus with a specifically colored Joker in a logical way that will not cause difficulty in telling each other apart. And again, you have to take account of Kirby and how all of this will affect his Persona use.
Well, no other alt changes the Kirby hat or animations, so I doubt this one would?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, no other alt changes the Kirby hat or animations, so I doubt this one would?
Makes sense, but this might be something much more involved than usual.

I will say, I would be shocked if what Kirby gets from Joker is not a Persona move. This is probably the only chance we will get for Kirby to adorably scream "Persona!" I don't see them missing out on that.

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman

I will say, I would be shocked if what Kirby gets from Joker is not a Persona move. This is probably the only chance we will get for Kirby to adorably scream "Persona!" I don't see them missing that.
I really want to see that now

amageish

Smash Master

I will say, I would be shocked if what Kirby gets from Joker is not a Persona move. This is probably the only chance we will get for Kirby to adorably scream "Persona!" I don't see them missing that.
I'd be shocked too, but he can just always use the default graphics?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really want to see that now
It's pretty much the Persona equivalent of hearing Kirby scream "Hadouken."

Funny thing is, I think I have a good idea what Kirby's Persona would be if he did get one...
I imagine it would be in reference to this big fella, considering what it is in relation to Kirby.
I'd be shocked too, but he can just always use the default graphics?
They could, but that might cause some mix ups, especially with how big a Persona like Arsene could be. Maybe they could give it a pink tint or something. I also have to say, wouldn't this all mean that the Persona in question would have it's own model and not be an extension of the Joker model? I am just noting this because that would mean the pony tail physics is still related to costume model itself, not any of the Personas.

amageish

Smash Master
It's pretty much the Persona equivalent of hearing Kirby scream "Hadouken."

Funny thing is, I think I have a good idea what Kirby's Persona would be if he did get one...

They could, but that might cause some mix ups, especially with how big a Persona like Arsene could be. Maybe they could give it a pink tint or something. I also have to say, wouldn't this all mean that the Persona in question would have it's own model and not be an extension of the Joker model? I am just noting this because that would mean the pony tail physics is still related to costume model itself, not any of the Personas.
Kirby is basically a Persona protagonist in Star Allies...

"LET'S DEFEAT A GOD WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!"

That is true... I have no real idea how any of this would work - I guess it would depend on how long the persona appears when being summoned?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Kirby is basically a Persona protagonist in Star Allies...

"LET'S DEFEAT A GOD WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!"

That is true... I have no real idea how any of this would work - I guess it would depend on how long the persona appears when being summoned?
Kirby is pretty much a wild card when it comes to his copy ability. That also reminds me...

Say hello to Philemon's murderous cousin.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Yup that's the trope. The trope that glorifies said bad guy just cause they're hot, that leads to terrible ships with characters who cannot stand them in canon and/or warps the narrative around them due to their fanbases.

Trust me, Persona fans are happy with what we got. No one will demand more if we get an echo as well. That would decrease the odds of demanding more actually. Also, for real, can you please stop with your whining about persona fans? It's legitimately really annoying. We all know you hate the persona fanbase. You don't have to shove it down our throats in every other post.

Edit: You also clearly haven't been a Persona fan for very long if you think we're spoiled by frequent releases.
I've been a fan since P3 and even if it is just on a casual level: I still do not see what the impatience is for. Doesn't P5 have their dancing game and eventually the 3DS game coming up? Not to mention there is likely way more stuff coming this year.

If Persona fans waited years for 5, surely they csn wait for one more month for Joker in Smash without expecting some conspirscy theory or some BS.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I've been a fan since P3 and even if it is just on a casual level: I still do not see what the impatience is for. Doesn't P5 have their dancing game and eventually the 3DS game coming up? Not to mention there is likely way more stuff coming this year.

If Persona fans waited years for 5, surely they csn wait for one more month for Joker in Smash without expecting some conspirscy theory or some BS.
He's just asking you to stop, it honestly is getting really annoying.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, time to spin this into a positive thing~!

Dancing game came out last year, but, yeah, we have the final-ish anime episode next week*, something P5 being shown at SEGA FES the week after, and both Joker's release and the Concert (which usually includes announcements) in April. We're doing pretty well for Persona news lately, even if this is after one hell of a delayed title.

*On that note, the bonus OVA description was revealed yesterday. It reads as follows:

Ren Amamiya, helping out at Leblanc, casually grabs a crossword puzzle magazine on the table. That’s when he finds the parting message “Proof of Justice” was left in the corner of the crossword puzzle with Akechi’s handwriting.
In order to find the meaning of this concept, Ren takes a walk in the city under the winter sky, tracing his memories of Akechi. The meaning of his words soon become clear, and Akechi’s thoughts are…

It... sounds super fanfiction-y TBH.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
*On that note, the bonus OVA description was revealed yesterday. It reads as follows:

Ren Amamiya, helping out at Leblanc, casually grabs a crossword puzzle magazine on the table. That’s when he finds the parting message “Proof of Justice” was left in the corner of the crossword puzzle with Akechi’s handwriting.
In order to find the meaning of this concept, Ren takes a walk in the city under the winter sky, tracing his memories of Akechi. The meaning of his words soon become clear, and Akechi’s thoughts are…
It does, but it is still kinda interesting. I wonder what will be revealed and what that will mean for the future of P5.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Well, time to spin this into a positive thing~!

Dancing game came out last year, but, yeah, we have the final-ish anime episode next week*, something P5 being shown at SEGA FES the week after, and both Joker's release and the Concert (which usually includes announcements) in April. We're doing pretty well for Persona news lately, even if this is after one hell of a delayed title.

(Reads synopsis)

OH FOR ****'S SAKE! GOD ****ING DAMN IT!

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
It does, but it is still kinda interesting. I wonder what will be revealed and what that will mean for the future of P5.
Yeah, I do too. It's interesting that they're doing this in an anime, as it sounds like the kind of thing you'd save for P5R?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yup that's the trope. The trope that glorifies said bad guy just cause they're hot, that leads to terrible ships with characters who cannot stand them in canon and/or warps the narrative around them due to their fanbases.

Literally no one here is acting impatient! We're just talking! Get over it!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, what do you think are the chances that a Persona 5 re-release is going to acknowledge some of the joke made by the fandom? Persona 4 Golden did have this after all...

amageish

Smash Master
Hey, what do you think are the chances that a Persona 5 re-release is going to acknowledge some of the joke made by the fandom? Persona 4 Golden did have this after all...
I expect pancakes and Morgana telling you to go to sleep to both be played up WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
So like many people when joker came out I decided to play persona 5.And god diggity dang dude I'm so glad I did. Its turned into at least a top ten game for me. And I'm really excited to play as him in smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I mean, defending the bad guy despite huge faults isn't exactly new.

Literally no one here is acting impatient! We're just talking! Get over it!
If they think this badly about us, I don't want to know what they think of other character threads in here.

They're acting like waiting for the next Persona is akin to Duke Nukem Forever.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, it feels like the "impatience" is unique to Joker/Persona because of the buildup surrounding it.

-Persona reveals confirmed before Joker drops, highly likely to be Switch Port
-Nintendo announcing Joker months ago and only doing small teasers in the meantime.
-Code alluding to possible FeMC and thus new content in P5

Old Smash 4 DLC was dropped into our laps as a welcome surprise. We've known about Joker for months and the companies/dataminers are doing their damnedest to make dots for the fan base to connect with.

So yeah, people are hype and running wild with theories and assumptions that make them more hype. Nothing wrong with that.

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
I for one am looking forward to Proof of Justice as a pretty big Akechi fan. Even if you hate Akechi and/or can't stand the people who like him, surely anyone could understand the significance of this particular OVA and how it could impact all of Persona 5's future plot wise. With that, I'll probably leave the subject be until we get a trailer of sorts or some kind of information before it releases with the blu-ray and gets uploaded somewhere on the internet by fans.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not exactly moveset talk, but: How would Persona spells work in Smash? Like, I can see Sukukaja working like Lighweight or Dormina like Sing but what about stuff like Marin Karin or Megidolaon?

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly moveset talk, but: How would Persona spells work in Smash? Like, I can see Sukukaja working like Lighweight or Dormina like Sing but what about stuff like Marin Karin or Megidolaon?
Megidolaon would probably just be an Explosive Flame type dealie where it spawns a set distance away and the orbs come down and make an explosion.

Marin Karin I would see as direction reversal, as the enemy becomes flustered. Probably a projectile of some sort.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, it feels like the "impatience" is unique to Joker/Persona because of the buildup surrounding it.

-Persona reveals confirmed before Joker drops, highly likely to be Switch Port
-Nintendo announcing Joker months ago and only doing small teasers in the meantime.
-Code alluding to possible FeMC and thus new content in P5

Old Smash 4 DLC was dropped into our laps as a welcome surprise. We've known about Joker for months and the companies/dataminers are doing their damnedest to make dots for the fan base to connect with.

So yeah, people are hype and running wild with theories and assumptions that make them more hype. Nothing wrong with that.
I still think ATLUS is to blame somehow. Willing to bet that character reveals will be much speedier after next month ends, seeing as the Fighter Pass is set to be completed by February 2020 (unless some unforeseen circumstance delays that and forces Ninty to have lied about it).

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I still think ATLUS is to blame somehow. Willing to bet that character reveals will be much speedier after next month ends, seeing as the Fighter Pass is set to be completed by February 2020 (unless some unforeseen circumstance delays that and forces Ninty to have lied about it).
Yeah what if ATLUS insisted to Nintendo/Sakurai that they reveal Joker in their event as opposed to the usual direct, considering how much they LOVE to reveal bombshells in their concerts. Though with Nintendo being the bigger company; maybe they put their foot down on when they reveal Joker.

Or it could just be that this things really DO take time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People wait for Mewtwo, no one blinks an eye.

People wait for Joker, everyone loses their minds.

schemer.png

Is this the most accurate assessment of the situation? Because I have no idea who's in the right anymore. :dizzy:

I mean, I just don't know. Is it assumed that everyone is constantly crying out "JOKER, NOW!!!", even though most people here are actually just concerned about whether their characters get in (rather than any silly release date that's most certainly going to be next month)? Someone please explain this to me in a clear, rational, unbiased manner, I am not sure I understand here.

I don't know how much influence ATLUS has with him. I don't know whether characters are being worked on simultaneously or not. I don't know if there's enough time to release all five characters in a pattern of five months per character by Feb. 2020. That's all.

The only thing I get is that Joker is that huge stonewall that's considered by some fans to be a symbol of what the fighter pass will be comprised of.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah what if ATLUS insisted to Nintendo/Sakurai that they reveal Joker in their event as opposed to the usual direct, considering how much they LOVE to reveal bombshells in their concerts. Though with Nintendo being the bigger company; maybe they put their foot down on when they reveal Joker.

Or it could just be that this things really DO take time.
It's probably the latter, just because we have a model doesn't mean they finished the moveset and it's ready to show.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
People wait for Mewtwo, no one blinks an eye.

People wait for Joker, everyone loses their minds.

View attachment 198677

Is this the most accurate assessment of the situation? Because I have no idea who's in the right anymore. :dizzy:

I mean, I just don't know. Is it assumed that everyone is constantly crying out "JOKER, NOW!!!", even though most people here are actually just concerned about whether their characters get in (rather than any silly release date that's most certainly going to be next month)? Someone please explain this to me in a clear, rational, unbiased manner, I am not sure I understand here.

I don't know how much influence ATLUS has with him. I don't know whether characters are being worked on simultaneously or not. I don't know if there's enough time to release all five characters in a pattern of five months per character by Feb. 2020. That's all.

The only thing I get is that Joker is that huge stonewall that's considered by some fans to be a symbol of what the fighter pass will be comprised of.
Based on where I look, it's mainly Persona fans for obvious reasons. With some evenhaving crazy conspiracy theories like it being connected to P5R, that they'll get a mountain's worth of content, etc.

Top Bottom