• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
I haven't visited this thread in about a month or so and the more time that goes by the more I forget that Joker's actually in Smash. When will it end?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I can't wait guys!

I don't get the joke.

Anyway, I am curious to hear your guys opinions on a specific thing relating to P5 if we get a FeMC.
How will all of this affect Akechi? I recall that many of us thinking that Akechi would get a bonus element that would bring him back in an updated game, but the possibility of a FeMC route is really making me question it. Would Atlus be able to do both a new version of the entire story as well as an addition to the story both versions? That seems like a lot.

amageish

Smash Master
I don't get the joke.

Anyway, I am curious to hear your guys opinions on a specific thing relating to P5 if we get a FeMC.
How will all of this affect Akechi? I recall that many of us thinking that Akechi would get a bonus element that would bring him back in an updated game, but the possibility of a FeMC route is really making me question it. Would Atlus be able to do both a new version of the entire story as well as an addition to the story both versions? That seems like a lot.
I think it depends on how long ago they started an enhanced version? If they began work right after P5 released, then I suppose adding in a new Akechi post-jail-arc AND adding in new FeMC story elements would be possible... Really depends on what P-team feels is worth doing and not doing...

I just hope they don't lock Akechi's survival to a FeMC route a la Shinji in P3P.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think it depends on how long ago they started an enhanced version? If they began work right after P5 released, then I suppose adding in a new Akechi post-jail-arc AND adding in new FeMC story elements would be possible... Really depends on what P-team feels is worth doing and not doing...

I just hope they don't lock Akechi's survival to a FeMC route a la Shinji in P3P.
I heard of the Shinji but have not really ever gotten context for what happened. I understand the basics though, it cheapens the development of others because his death was really impactful.
In other news, I now have a theme song stuck in my head the same way the PQ2 theme was. And funnily enough, it's from a game we have had much discussion on here.

amageish

Smash Master
I heard of the Shinji but have not really ever gotten context for what happened. I understand the basics though, it cheapens the development of others because his death was really impactful.
In other news, I now have a theme song stuck in my head the same way the PQ2 theme was. And funnily enough, it's from a game we have had much discussion on here.
He still gets shot, but the power of love compells him to stay alive, allowing him to be rushed to the hospital after the dark hour. He remains there for most of the game, but the player can die on his lap instead of Aigis'.

Which game is it?

Also, new PQ2 trailer!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He still gets shot, but the power of love compells him to stay alive, allowing him to be rushed to the hospital after the dark hour. He remains there for most of the game, but the player can die on his lap instead of Aigis'.

Which game is it?

Also, new PQ2 trailer!

I can see why that would be disliked. I am all for the power of love and friendship(Heck, that is pretty much an actual mechanic of the series), but that is kinda stretching it.

It's Fire Emblem Three Houses. They have released a snippet of the games main them in post Japanese and English and it's currently eating at my brain. Nintendo has been really nailing their lyrical themes as of late.

That is quite a neat trailer. Not much new though.

amageish

Smash Master
I can see why that would be disliked. I am all for the power of love and friendship(Heck, that is pretty much an actual mechanic of the series), but that is kinda stretching it.

It's Fire Emblem Three Houses. They have released a snippet of the games main them in post Japanese and English and it's currently eating at my brain. Nintendo has been really nailing their lyrical themes as of late.
Yep. I didn't mind it from an explanation PoV, but agree that removing death from the game about death is a biiiiit of a cop-out, even though it was made for people on a second playthrough.

Nice~! That is a very good song.

Also, we got some new official P5 art by means of a datamine of the P5 Japanese OA app-thing...

Crow-P5-Artwork.jpg

Neat! Glad that we have more art for all the Thieves now... I do wonder if this art being revealed will coincide with a P5R/S/M/etc. reveal next week?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yep. I didn't mind it from an explanation PoV, but agree that removing death from the game about death is a biiiiit of a cop-out, even though it was made for people on a second playthrough.

Nice~! That is a very good song.

Also, we got some new official P5 art by means of a datamine of the P5 Japanese OA app-thing...

Neat! Glad that we have more art for all the Thieves now... I do wonder if this art being revealed will coincide with a P5R/S/M/etc. reveal next week?
Yeah, the song is certainly a bit diffrent from the FE norm. Did not expect the electric elements and I liked how the song seemed much more personal in a way.

I hope our first look at the possible FeMC is not through leaked art. I will say though, that P5 art is really good.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, the song is certainly a bit diffrent from the FE norm. Did not expect the electric elements and I liked how the song seemed much more personal in a way.

I hope our first look at the possible FeMC is not through leaked art. I will say though, that P5 art is really good.
Yeah, definitely.

Oh god... Well, hopefully the fact we got this means they'll be more careful in the future?

EDIT: The Crow art now been officially revealed via Tweet.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT 2: Said Tweet has been deleted.

Last edited:

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
This is the content I've been waiting nearly three years for.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He really did get the short end of the stick when it came to artwork. The devs probably didn't expect him to be so popular.
That and I think they wanted to hide the fact he was a party member a bit. But they still included him on the box art with the rest of the Phantom Thieve, so that did very little to fool anyone.

amageish

Smash Master
Your tweet ain't displaying there.
Weird. They deleted it and replaced it with this new Tweet, that shows the new Robin Hood art but not Crow's... Either way, this event is for White Day, when men give women chocolates, so I guess they're revealing Crow's design to celebrate that?

That and I think they wanted to hide the fact he was a party member a bit. But they still included him on the box art with the rest of the Phantom Thieve, so that did very little to fool anyone.
Frankly, them hiding his Phantom Thief status made it more obvious that he would be the traitor, for me at least...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Ren and Makoto had kids:

That is a cute design for the girl. Never been the biggest fan of heterochromia though.

Anyway, I just recalled something. Wasn't there one last thing about Morgana noted on the last day of the game that was also a mystery or am I misremembering things?

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I finished Persona 5 yesterday morning. I started to build up hype for Joker in Smash and to understand his character and I finished with what is now my favorite game of all time. The characters, the plot twists, the gameplay, the music, the puzzles... everything about it makes it a true master piece and i cannot wait to see it in Smash. I've never gotten into a JRPG (if Pokemon doesnt count that is) and have never felt more drive to finish a game and take in an amazing story than i was with this game. I absolutley love it and i cant wait to discuss it in this thread.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I finished Persona 5 yesterday morning. I started to build up hype for Joker in Smash and to understand his character and I finished with what is now my favorite game of all time. The characters, the plot twists, the gameplay, the music, the puzzles... everything about it makes it a true master piece and i cannot wait to see it in Smash. I've never gotten into a JRPG (if Pokemon doesnt count that is) and have never felt more drive to finish a game and take in an amazing story than i was with this game. I absolutley love it and i cant wait to discuss it in this thread.
Welcome to the club! Persona 5 is my favorite as well. If you can, you should pick up 4 and 3 as well!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's one of my top three fave games of all time. So happy to see so many new people introduced to it through Joker! Glad you loved it!

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I'm a hipster, so I'm legally obligated to prefer 4. I think the individual characters are better, I think the group dynamic is better, the villain is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, and it paces itself better compared to 5 which could drag in places.

P5 had better confidants, better style, a better setting for the 'other world', and a better message. P5 was always comparable to P4 but I think it comes up short one too many times.

That said, P3 still has the best SL by far with the Sun Arcana. And I don't even remember that guy's name......

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Ugh all this Akechi promotion makes me sick, I swear if he actually DOES make it into the game as an Echo... -_-

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ugh all this Akechi promotion makes me sick, I swear if he actually DOES make it into the game as an Echo... -_-
He is the most popular character in Japan, so the promotion makes sense. I doubt it means he will be an echo.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
He is the most popular character in Japan, so the promotion makes sense. I doubt it means he will be an echo.
I've seen some commenting that Joker's dagger being lengthened as one of the primary reasons, so that it would fit Akechi's beam sword. Though I guess it also depends on how much of Arsene is implemented in the moveset.

Or it could just be me still cringing at how some Persona fans are grasping at straws as to why Joker's not out, thinking that clearly they're planning something special for Persona fans as opposed to you know, accepting that creating fighters takes time? Ugh. -_-

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I've seen some commenting that Joker's dagger being lengthened as one of the primary reasons, so that it would fit Akechi's beam sword. Though I guess it also depends on how much of Arsene is implemented in the moveset.

Or it could just be me still cringing at how some Persona fans are grasping at straws as to why Joker's not out, thinking that clearly they're planning something special for Persona fans as opposed to you know, accepting that creating fighters takes time? Ugh. -_-
Joker's dagger looks the same to me and it is certainly not as long as Akechi's beam sword. As for that second thing, that has not really been happening here at least.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Joker's dagger looks the same to me and it is certainly not as long as Akechi's beam sword. As for that second thing, that has not really been happening here at least.
Yeah it could just be me. I've gotten flak here already for stirring stuff up regarding that subject, but elsewhere I have seen such speculations. I get that people are hyped that Persona is finally recognized enough to make it into Smash (as it's the equivalent of an small-time star hitting the big leagues), but suddenly expecting a LOT of content to the point it starts becoming very unrealistic is just a disaster waiting to happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah it could just be me. I've gotten flak here already for stirring stuff up regarding that subject, but elsewhere I have seen such speculations. I get that people are hyped that Persona is finally recognized enough to make it into Smash (as it's the equivalent of an small-time star hitting the big leagues), but suddenly expecting a LOT of content to the point it starts becoming very unrealistic is just a disaster waiting to happen.
Yeah, I can see how that sorta thing can come up on certain message boards. I think all this thread generally expects is what has been promised(Joker, a stage and music), the possibility of Persona spirits being added through the update because that has happened before, and the whole FeMC alt thing after that code was leaked.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can see how that sorta thing can come up on certain message boards. I think all this thread generally expects is what has been promised(Joker, a stage and music), the possibility of Persona spirits being added through the update because that has happened before, and the whole FeMC alt thing after that code was leaked.
Honestly, I was thinking about that code. It'd make more sense to me that instead of FeMC, it was just their code for the Arsene model.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, I was thinking about that code. It'd make more sense to me that instead of FeMC, it was just their code for the Arsene model.
Then how do you explain it being in the costume code and having pony tail physics?

Edit:
Im insanely hype, as for the girl poll, I don't link girls, but joker tho, hugeeeeee KappaPride.
You know, I wonder if we should do a new poll soon. I think it's safe to say the standings are not going to change, so why not try and poll something new?

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Then how do you explain it being in the costume code and having pony tail physics?
Pony Tail physics for his shirt ruffles and costume code for his alt color(s). I'm happy to be wrong mind you but I don't particularly trust transitive property news when it comes to codes.

Top Bottom