• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think short hair is more expected due to the nature of Jokers work.
Sorry, I meant there's more popping up. There's still more art of with long hair.
I dont think it matters since it's a game anyway ;p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sorry, I meant there's more popping up. There's still more art of with long hair.
I dont think it matters since it's a game anyway ;p
Well that game also needs to program the physics of the hair into all of Jokers movement, so I imagine they would opt to either give a FeMC shirt of tied up hair. The code says she has a pony tail, so tied up is very likely.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well that game also needs to program the physics of the hair into all of Jokers movement, so I imagine they would opt to either give a FeMC shirt of tied up hair. The code says she has a pony tail, so tied up is very likely.
I'm sure they're used to hair physics by now. I'm just surprised I havent seen any art or mock-ups inspired by the ponytail concept. Well, I guess not everyone follows smash dataminers :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm sure they're used to hair physics by now. I'm just surprised I havent seen any art or mock-ups inspired by the ponytail concept. Well, I guess not everyone follows smash dataminers :p
It's kind of weird how this datamine is not talked about more in the Persona community at least.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, looking at all this, I wonder:

What would the Smash Villains' Palaces be like?

I imagine Ganondorf's being a spin on BotW's Hyrule Castle, personally.

D

Deleted member

It's kind of weird how this datamine is not talked about more in the Persona community at least.
If there is a FeMC in Smash Ultimate, I will wonder how the Persona community would react to it. I know the P3P FeMC is mostly liked, but still pretty divisive in the community with how she was handled.
Especially when it comes to Shinji.
The fact that you could save him as the FeMC changes the tone of the game, as well as the motivations for Akihiko and Ken, who were the most affected by his death. The fact that he could be saved is the thing I see the most against her.

I wouldn't mind a FeMC option because it's there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, at this point I'm expecting another "does :ultpeach: have a new FS?" situation, as in it may turn out that the only reason why nothing got shown for Joker was simply because he wasn't finished/was held back by ATLUS for giggles, not because he got extra doodads.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, at this point I'm expecting another "does :ultpeach: have a new FS?" situation, as in it may turn out that the only reason why nothing got shown for Joker was simply because he wasn't finished/was held back by ATLUS for giggles, not because he got extra doodads.
Maybe he is not finished because he has extra doodads.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wouldn't THIS be a massive plot twist?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
That... Would be an interesting thing to see play out.
They both have pony tails, so that would be one point in her favor. I am not sure how they would approach the idea though. Would Shiho and the MC trade places?

amageish

Smash Master
That... Would be an interesting thing to see play out.
They both have pony tails, so that would be one point in her favor. I am not sure how they would approach the idea though. Would Shiho and the MC trade places?
I think they'd have to? Ann's Confidant basically confirms that Shiho's shadow was what caused her to jump, so it'd be hard to write her both to jump and to control her inner self enough to wield it as a persona...

I also don't think one can easily replace LeBlanc as the home setting, unless you find equivlants for every single item within the cafe (a new food to replace curry, a new drink to replace coffee, two TVs, everything in the attic, etc.). They'd probably just switch so that Ren is abused instead of Shiho and Shiho is the transfer student, unless they literally wanted to rewrite ~60% of the game.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think they'd have to? Ann's Confidant basically confirms that Shiho's shadow was what caused her to jump, so it'd be hard to write her both to jump and to control her inner self enough to wield it as a persona...

I also don't think one can easily replace LeBlanc as the home setting, unless you find equivlants for every single item within the cafe (a new food to replace curry, a new drink to replace coffee, two TVs, everything in the attic, etc.). They'd probably just switch so that Ren is abused instead of Shiho and Shiho is the transfer student, unless they literally wanted to rewrite ~60% of the game.
As someone who has been in a similar situation as Shiho, I don't believe it was meant to imply her shadow caused it. What she said about it feeling like there was someone else doing it is a pretty accurate description of what it feels like for some people to attempt suicide. But other than that I agree.

amageish

Smash Master
As someone who has been in a similar situation as Shiho, I don't believe it was meant to imply her shadow caused it. What she said about it feeling like there was someone else doing it is a pretty accurate description of what it feels like for some people to attempt suicide. But other than that I agree.
I'm so sorry you were in that headspace and good job powering through it.

That does make sense as a linguistic device as well.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm so sorry you were in that headspace and good job powering through it.

That does make sense as a linguistic device as well.
Thanks! But yeah, one of the things I love about P5 is how they handle real mental and emotional issues. We talked about how well Futaba was done, but Shiho was just as well written. Everything about how she was was extremely accurate. I honestly believe that whoever wrote that character has been in that place too. Aside from Futaba, she's my favorite character in the game because of that.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
What's even extra? Not like we've even seen his gameplay at all yet.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nice, That's the first we see of something resembling a ponytail :)
EarlTamm EarlTamm we did it! XD (well, mellowy found it)
Yup, it's certainly nice to see a Joker FeMC concept with a ponytail. This pick did make me think though, how long do you think the FeMC's ponytail will be?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yup, it's certainly nice to see a Joker FeMC concept with a ponytail. This pick did make me think though, how long do you think the FeMC's ponytail will be?
I didn't picture it that long, and maybe more a few inches past shoulder length. I'm also curious to see how it looks without bangs at all.

Also, umm, I wasn't expecting to find so many of these pictures with just 'pony':

(also, sorry XD)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Thanks! But yeah, one of the things I love about P5 is how they handle real mental and emotional issues. We talked about how well Futaba was done, but Shiho was just as well written. Everything about how she was was extremely accurate. I honestly believe that whoever wrote that character has been in that place too. Aside from Futaba, she's my favorite character in the game because of that.
Great to hear! I did find all of the dialogue in that section to be very realistic - ATLUS is very good at making characters who feel real.

I feel like it'll be either very long or very short? I imagine she'll look somewhat unkempt to maximize rebellious "I don't care what I look like."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like it'll be either very long or very short? I imagine she'll look somewhat unkempt to maximize rebellious "I don't care what I look like."
I do agree with all of this, but how does one make a hairstyle with a ponytail also unkempt? After all, a ponytail is kinda the exact opposite of messy hair.

Also, I found more KH styled Persona art.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I do agree with all of this, but how does one make a hairstyle with a ponytail also unkempt? After all, a ponytail is kinda the exact opposite of messy hair.

Also, I found more KH styled Persona art.
Believe it or not, he made his twitter private because people blamed him for copying KH's art style. -_-

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Believe it or not, he made his twitter private because people blamed him for copying KH's art style. -_-
I noticed that something had happened with him relating to his art when I scrolled down a bit, but I did not realize that was the reason.

Edit:
I will say, if Shiho does turn out to be this FeMC, imagine the fan art that will be made in relation to Smash. I can see some pretty heartwarming and tear jerking things being made due to what she went through in base game Persona 5.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that something had happened with him relating to his art when I scrolled down a bit, but I did not realize that was the reason.

Edit:
I will say, if Shiho does turn out to be this FeMC, imagine the fan art that will be made in relation to Smash. I can see some pretty heartwarming and tear jerking things being made due to what she went through in base game Persona 5.
Dammnit stop making me hope this is true! T_T

osby

Smash Obsessed

Edit:
I think we can easily rule out this possibility. Joker is supposed to a silent protag, you can't give his role to a pre-existing character.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think we can easily rule out this possibility. Joker is supposed to a silent protag, you can't give his role to a pre-existing character.
I mean, they could just do what some Pokemon games do. Whatever character tou select will be the silent protag while your other option will appear in a speaking role.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
EarlTamm EarlTamm when I saw this i thought of your idea for a femc with white hair. She's not from persona or anything, but it does look persona-esque:

(super long ponytail braid too :p)

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that's a viable replacement FeMC.

I do, however, think that is an excellent replacement for the Moon Arcana SL.

You know, looking at all this, I wonder:

What would the Smash Villains' Palaces be like?

I imagine Ganondorf's being a spin on BotW's Hyrule Castle, personally.
No, Palaces represent how the distorted person views their domain, preferably with a place that can be robbed.

That in mind......

-Wario's Greed makes him incredibly selfish. Everyone is there to be tricked and swindled. to his benefit and they should be glad to be a part of it. No, they should PAY to be a part of it. This sounds to me like a stage show, so perhaps a Magician's Performance area with him as the Magician

-Kirby's Gluttony makes him uncaring and unsympathetic to everyone. Everything is food, everything is self-indulgent. His palace would be a giant Cave of Wonders, and much like the Cave of Wonders, you enter it through the mouth of a being, in this case Kirby.

-Ganondorf's Wrath makes him blind to the suffering of others. He wishes to dominate all and crush them beneath his boot. His palace, in a change from tradition, would be a war torn battlefield where he fights his war, with Ganon as the Commander.

-Bowser's Pride makes him self centered. Everything should be his because he's BOWSER. He would have a Temple dedicated to himself as his palace with Bowser as the God/Cult Leader.

-Jigglypuff's Sloth makes it want others to serve it so it doesn't have to move. All the hard work done for it's betterment while it does nothing. It's palace would be a diamond mine with it as the boss.

-K Rool's Envy makes him his own brand of thief. He likes to steal from others to spite others. He would be along a highway, with K Rool as the Bandit Leader who raids the convoys that travel through.

-Bayonetta's Lust is about temptation and corruption. She uses attraction as a weapon against her foes, to use others advance her own plans uncaring about them. Lots of little guys offered up to the much bigger goal of Bayonetta. Her palace would be a mega corporation HQ, with her as the CEO.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, Palaces represent how the distorted person views their domain, preferably with a place that can be robbed.

That in mind......

-Wario's Greed makes him incredibly selfish. Everyone is there to be tricked and swindled. to his benefit and they should be glad to be a part of it. No, they should PAY to be a part of it. This sounds to me like a stage show, so perhaps a Magician's Performance area with him as the Magician

-Kirby's Gluttony makes him uncaring and unsympathetic to everyone. Everything is food, everything is self-indulgent. His palace would be a giant Cave of Wonders, and much like the Cave of Wonders, you enter it through the mouth of a being, in this case Kirby.

-Ganondorf's Wrath makes him blind to the suffering of others. He wishes to dominate all and crush them beneath his boot. His palace, in a change from tradition, would be a war torn battlefield where he fights his war, with Ganon as the Commander.

-Bowser's Pride makes him self centered. Everything should be his because he's BOWSER. He would have a Temple dedicated to himself as his palace with Bowser as the God/Cult Leader.

-Jigglypuff's Sloth makes it want others to serve it so it doesn't have to move. All the hard work done for it's betterment while it does nothing. It's palace would be a diamond mine with it as the boss.

-K Rool's Envy makes him his own brand of thief. He likes to steal from others to spite others. He would be along a highway, with K Rool as the Bandit Leader who raids the convoys that travel through.

-Bayonetta's Lust is about temptation and corruption. She uses attraction as a weapon against her foes, to use others advance her own plans uncaring about them. Lots of little guys offered up to the much bigger goal of Bayonetta. Her palace would be a mega corporation HQ, with her as the CEO.
I agree that there are non-evil characters in Smash that likely would have palaces, but I don't think Kirby or Bayo would have a palace.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I agree that there are non-evil characters in Smash that likely would have palaces, but I don't think Kirby or Bayo would have a palace.
Yeah, especially considering Bayonetta isn't a particularly lustful character (unless you count bloodlust).

I think Persona 4 dungeons would be more fun to speculate about, since everyone could have them, not just villains.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Swap Kirby with King Dedede in his early days and we might have something. Although even today Star Allies implies it's an issue he has to keep in check.

Ridley is probably an even better fit for wrath than Ganondorf is; the latter may want to conquer everything but he won't senselessly kill out of spite or any other petty reason, only to meet his goals. It also helps that said desire to conquer may not be entirely his, considering the Demise reincarnation thing. Ridley's raison d'être, on the other hand is largely to cause as much pain and suffering as he can (rising the Space Pirates to dominance seems rather secondary), and hates Samus just because she had the audacity to survive one of his rampages.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, especially considering Bayonetta isn't a particularly lustful character (unless you count bloodlust)
Bayo is pretty much the only choice for Lust though, since Nintendo is so squeaky clean about that sort of thing. Bayo comes the closest for being the most sensual in design.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Bayo is pretty much the only choice for Lust though, since Nintendo is so squeaky clean about that sort of thing. Bayo comes the closest for being the most sensual in design.
You have enough to work with in Peach for lust. They may never go as far as lovemaking for her but she can sometimes be almost as provocative as Bayo (Smash, Mario Strikers) and isn't always above using Mario's feelings for her to get him to do stuff for/with her (like pulling him into treasure hunts during the Thousand Year Door).

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You have enough to work with in Peach for lust. They may never go as far as lovemaking for her but she can sometimes be almost as provocative as Bayo (Smash, Mario Strikers) and isn't always above using Mario's feelings for her to get him to do stuff for/with her (like pulling him into treasure hunts during the Thousand Year Door).
But the same arguments for 'Why Bayo isn't lust' would also count for Peach. I'm gonna go with the effectively nude witch whose crouch animation involves sticking her butt in the air.

We all know Peach has only a black void so automatic disqualification

Last edited:
Top Bottom