• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm about five hours into Persona 5 and man they really do everything they can to make you hate Kamoshida.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm about five hours into Persona 5 and man they really do everything they can to make you hate Kamoshida.
Wait, how much have you seen of Kamoshida's actions up to this point?
Edit: And by that, I mean have you seen the big boiling point moment?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I envy you. I want to get amnesia so I can experience Persona 5 for the first time again. And yeah, Kamoshida is uniquely ****ty.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I envy you. I want to get amnesia so I can experience Persona 5 for the first time again. And yeah, Kamoshida is uniquely ****ty.
God that's the mood. After waiting for it for so long, playing it for that first time was just magical. There are only a handful of games I wish I could bottle that first time experience up to enjoy again and again and P5 is one of them.

D

Deleted member

Anybody here wanna main him like me?
I'm maining him right next to Inkling, regardless if he ends up a good character or not. As much as I love Isabelle and K. Rool, they're just filling a spot until Joker releases.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey guys, have you heard about the possible Persona 5 R leak? I don't know to much of the specifics as to why it's likely, but PolarPanda PolarPanda is pretty sure about it.

D

Deleted member

I joined the Discord just now but it seems like I am unable to post anything in it...

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I had to come back now that Joker in Smash is a real deal; he was my most wanted character, but I didn't think it was possible. Sometimes I have to go back to that reveal trailer just to make sure I ain't dreaming lol

StormC

Smash Hero
I only just cleared the first dungeon in Persona 5 but it was enough to convince me to buy the Fighter Pass on the back of Joker hype alone.

Also, I named my party KremlingKrew. Predictable? Maybe.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I only just cleared the first dungeon in Persona 5 but it was enough to convince me to buy the Fighter Pass on the back of Joker hype alone.

This is such an awesome thing to hear. So happy you're enjoying it and are seeing why he was so hype and a dream pick for us.

I named my crew the Devil Boys after a song by one of my favorite punk bands!

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Joker, of all the third-party aside from Cloud, is so weird to think about in Smash.
Is this even real to my eyes? Also, he is best boi sand I love him.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

How satisfying was it to take Kamoshida down for the first time? You gotta give me all the details. I'm experiencing the game for the first time again vicariously through you.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How satisfying was it to take Kamoshida down for the first time? You gotta give me all the details. I'm experiencing the game for the first time again vicariously through you.
I think it's safe to say that many would enjoy hearing of StormC StormC 's journey through P5 and his thoughts on things. Of course, now we have to be careful with spoilers. Actually, lets always avoid spoilers, considering that there is likely a lot of people coming here that don't know anything about P5 and are just curious of the character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think it's safe to say that many would enjoy hearing of StormC StormC 's journey through P5 and his thoughts on things. Of course, now we have to be careful with spoilers. Actually, lets always avoid spoilers, considering that there is likely a lot of people coming here that don't know anything about P5 and are just curious of the character.
I wouldn't say no to some tagged spoilers of course. It's so exciting to see people go through a game you love for the first time and see their reactions, especially since "I beat the first dungeon and bought the fighters pass because of how hype I was" is a pretty glowing review. It's just nice to hear as a fan. Haha.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say no to some tagged spoilers of course. It's so exciting to see people go through a game you love for the first time and see their reactions, especially since "I beat the first dungeon and bought the fighters pass because of how hype I was" is a pretty glowing review. It's just nice to hear as a fan. Haha.
It does make me curious as to how he will answer the most important question of all...
Who is best girl?
Actually, why has that not been a poll for this thread yet? That sounds like fun. And hey, if we want to avoid name spoilers, we can just use phrases that represent the characters through one of there traits, like "Inkling" of "Forehead."

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It does make me curious as to how he will answer the most important question of all...
Who is best girl?
Actually, why has that not been a poll for this thread yet? That sounds like fun. And hey, if we want to avoid name spoilers, we can just use phrases that represent the characters through one of there traits, like "Inkling" of "Forehead."
I'll put one tomorrow

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, I’m on mobile, but let’s see here...

Overall the three big gameplay changes so far that have really won me over on Persona 5 are: non-randomized dungeons, integrated stealth mechanics and demon negotiation. I’ve played 3 and 4 and really enjoyed them (especially 4) but I would say the dungeon crawling was overall less enjoyable than the social stuff. But these changes make me actively look forward to the dungeon adventures, instead of just kinda being an obligation.

Joker is a stylish and fun protagonist, easily my favorite silent (sorta) protagonist in memory. Playing the game makes me really excited for what he’ll bring to Smash, and hopefully his trailer does him justice. (Though it’ll be weird hearing Xander since I’m playing the Japanese version...there’ll be lots of fan art of Joker and Roy since they’re both Jun Fukuyama.)

The Kamoshida storyline was perfect for building momentum on the plot and getting me invested. He’s a great villain because his evil doings aren’t abstract or fantastical; there are plenty of people like him in the real world, tragically. I let Ann have the final blow on his boss battle and that was incredibly satisfying. The whole ending cutscene in the castle was fantastic, especially the party trying to decide whether or not to let him live. Overall the story is much more engaging than Persona 4 (which was more character-driven), and I’m particularly enjoying how the Phantom Thieves’ efforts are being felt in Japan, while 3 and 4 kept the Persona stuff kinda separate from the real world.

Also, everyone says this, but the user interface is truly incredible. Very well might be the best UI I’ve seen in a game.

Overall, 5 is building on the previous games in big ways, and I only wish I didn’t let it sit in my backlog for a year. While hearing about its 100 hour playtime was initially a turn off, I’m around 12 hours in and I’ve barely noticed. I’m away from my PS4 for a couple of days and all I can think about is how much I want to get back to it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, since Jun Fukuyama and Norio Wakamoto have once been on the same show, does Wakamoto voice Dracula in this? If so, some Code Geass-related jokes would be nice.

>Dracula sees two Belmonts
>cue the "Not dis ****to again" meme

StormC

Smash Hero
You know, since Jun Fukuyama and Norio Wakamoto have once been on the same show, does Wakamoto voice Dracula in this? If so, some Code Geass-related jokes would be nice.

>Dracula sees two Belmonts
>cue the "Not dis ****to again" meme
Dracula has no voice clips.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Eh, thought as much. Too bad then.

That said, the UI of P5 is one of the best things about that particular game, you want to sell someone on how stylish the game is, you just point to that.
You know, this got me thinking: what if when choosing the Persona stage, the character U.I. is changed to the Persona 5 style? Then again, the character U.I. for Midgar doesn’t change to an FF7 style, so...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, this got me thinking: what if when choosing the Persona stage, the character U.I. is changed to the Persona 5 style? Then again, the character U.I. for Midgar doesn’t change to an FF7 style, so...
Yeah, but it's Square. Considering how much the UI was an inspiration for Sakurai, I would not be shocked if he did something like that. In a perfect world we would get Persona codecs, but that's good too.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Question for all y'all. What's the Victory Stinger gonna be? There's the obvious one for the actual victory theme, but I think that wouldn't make a 2-3 second music clip. P5's music generally don't translate well there. There's also some possible bits from the opening track but again I feel it's not entirely a song that you can just take a bit from. And of course there's the series mainstay, who have decent bits you could pull, but I think it'd need to be remixed. Of course, they may just go straight for the obvious one, who know. I'm actually gonna go with a more unconventional pick: the music when you level a confidant.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Question for all y'all. What's the Victory Stinger gonna be? There's the obvious one for the actual victory theme, but I think that wouldn't make a 2-3 second music clip. P5's music generally don't translate well there. There's also some possible bits from the opening track but again I feel it's not entirely a song that you can just take a bit from. And of course there's the series mainstay, who have decent bits you could pull, but I think it'd need to be remixed. Of course, they may just go straight for the obvious one, who know. I'm actually gonna go with a more unconventional pick: the music when you level a confidant.
I hope it turns out to be the normal P5 victory theme, and it just loops constantly like Cloud's.

D

Deleted member

I always thought the perfect victory theme for Joker was the P5 battle victory theme. I think they can rip the one from P5 and call it a day or make a remix off of it. The music will of course be on loop like in P5.

amageish

Smash Master
I believe it's been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, but the P5DSL victory theme is already remixed and would work pretty nicely.

amageish

Smash Master
Hey guys, seen this yet?
https://twitter.com/persona_central/status/1077674773818163200?s=21
I am rather excited to see what this is, considering what I have heard concerning what it could be.
Definitely exciting! I'm interested to see what they'd add into an enhanced Persona 5...

Personally, I'd like to see a The-Anwser-esque section wherein the Phantom Thieves do some Thievery while Joker is in jail. I think I'd be fun to try being someone else briefly.

That said, it'll almost definitely just be adding a post-game story wherein Akechi is revealed to be alive.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Definitely exciting! I'm interested to see what they'd add into an enhanced Persona 5...

Personally, I'd like to see a The-Anwser-esque section wherein the Phantom Thieves do some Thievery while Joker is in jail. I think I'd be fun to try being someone else briefly.

That said, it'll almost definitely just be adding a post-game story wherein Akechi is revealed to be alive.
There may also be a chance that this version is going to be Switch exclusive, if certain leaks are to be believed.
I definitely think they are going to flesh out Akechi more. His popularity is to big to ignore, and look at how highlighted he is in the PQ2 intro. Heck, I could see this games "The Answer" revolving around Akechi in a similar manner to how it revolved around Aigis.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That would make sense. Support for the Vita is steadily dropping like a rock, so it stands to reason that Atlus would put the game on the closest thing to it.
Also helps that the Switch has much more power in comparison. Let's be honest, every gaming company well recognizes that Nintendo owns the handheld market in it's entirety, especially with the Switch stamping out any power the Vita had left, notably in Japan.

Top Bottom