• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden talents with top smashers

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Azen is a legend at Mario Kart and Puzzle League, Forward is awesome at UMVC3 and picking up women, Axe loves Stepmania, Kage is good at taking massive dumps.

How about the other good smashers? I'm curious if there are any trends, like chess or musical instruments.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
T-Block is superb at Tetris, but I have no idea how he stands to others since it's one of the most popular games ever.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I was #1 in Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo for Xbox Live

Cosmo is a Zelda Speedrunner

D

Deleted member

m2k is a blackbelt

doh is a gay jew, pretty sure that's a talent lol

ultimascout is a god at jank pokemon sets.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I know ripple used to be one of the best players in some console shooting game

but not like a super popular one

lol I'll let him tell you

I guess m2k's "I'm a small weak man I don't wanna fight unknown" was some kung fu zen shining-path white-flag warrior ****

wanna see m2k fight taj now

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
i was pretty decent at guitar hero and rock band
my friend who's also a casual smasher is pretty much one of the best brutal legend players ever

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I know ripple used to be one of the best players in some console shooting game
this man knows me too well.

I was #1 in mech assault for CTF and last man standing.

I would have been #1 in destruction but it was only ranked based on kills. and I didn't have as many kills as him but had far fewer deaths.

my Kill to death ratio was 30:1

the mad cat was mad broke

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
seems like an awesome thread

cool, other rhythm games people (guitar hero doesn't count lol)

i love sm and lol 145bpm beatmania is a joke, i hope he's better now or was better than that vid

Anand

Smash Journeyman
I like how the OP was about top players but then the standards for which smash players we were talking about went down sharply.

For what it's worth, in high school I was on the U.S. national team for something (it wasn't SSBM).

I'm also probably setting a new record for how low our standards are in this thread.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
rhythm games are fun but im not amazing at any in particular -_-

uhh i used to make stick animations a lot, became pretty well-known in the community after a few years...not so much now though lol but the skills i learned from it are really handy (flash animation/other digital art stuff)

im not a top smasher lmao

edit: late ****ing edit but on the subject of stepmania, theres a bunch of smashers both good and bad who play other than axe

Hax

Smash Champion
in 2006 i got 2nd at the pokemon videogame (ruby/sapphire) national championships in 12 and under, only losing because my opponent stalled me out

in 2008 i got 5th at the pokemon tcg world championships in 11-14

in 2010 i got 18th at tcg worlds in 15+, losing by being stalled out

Landry

Smash Ace
in 2006 i got 2nd at the pokemon videogame (ruby/sapphire) national championships in 12 and under, only losing because my opponent stalled me out

in 2008 i got 5th at the pokemon tcg world championships in 11-14

in 2010 i got 18th at tcg worlds in 15+, losing by being stalled out
****, thats pretty dope.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
and Banjo-Kazooie
and Castlevania 64
and like 3 Commander Keen games

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I set the unofficial world record for spinning a barmaid tray on one finger. (im fairly certain there is no WR)

14 minutes and some seconds till I tried to tweet "setting a world record LOL" with my other hand

It was streamed but not saved. Hbox knows

Everyone should play the cactuar stamina pancakes and we will see everyone's hidden talent at secondary characters.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
this is funny, it was supposed to be about "top players" but it sorta veered off :awesome:

i'm not nearly a top player, but i'm pretty good at Soul Calibur 2, probably better @ it than i am at melee lol...

in the real world, i am a long distance cycler in the summer, and an avid hiker. a pretty good cook too.

do Mango or Armada have any hidden talents?

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wow nice super power I have. >_<

Outside of smash I'd say i can be very good at anything i want as long as I put a ****ton of time into it. I can memorize everything, that is my potential. Though I took the time to be good at video games mostly and I have great endurance (I ran a marathon before).

So the games I was good/great at:

- DDR
- Drummania (Definitely up there somewhere)
- Initial D V.3 (2nd best in Montreal)
- House of the Dead 3 (Finished the game with 1 quarter and S rank)
- Diablo 2 (Completed hardcore with sick gear and level 90)
- Diablo 3 (Currently top 10 Barbarian on Hardcore)
- Natural Selection (Used to be 3rd in a competitive team)
- Killer Instinct

I guess that's pretty much it. Now I want to become great at Boxing and I will do this successfully no questions!

Top Bottom