• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HG/SS Ditto glitch?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Sooo, how's about that there Flareon? I'm sure it appreciates a dual-purpose 100BP physical STAB move to abuse its massive Attack stat with. =3

I think the Rage glitch should only be allowed on Pokemon that currently...well...suck. =|

SD ESpeed Ursa.
Sacred Fire Flareon.

Anything else noteworthy?

WouW

Smash Lord
Head Smash does the same damage and doesn't leave him completely open for setups.

EDIT:Draco Meteor Yanmega. Completely unresisted coverage through one move ftw. With Specs this does at least 50% damage to everything that has less special bulkiness than standard Bronzong.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Also, I don't think Scrappy SpinTank is possible---with Scrappy being a 4th gen ability, and Mimic being a 3rd gen tutor move...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'd like to point out that everything on the last few pages is made completely irrelevant by the fact that Spore Ninjask can exist.

Also, Sub/Spore/Mean Look/Baton Pass Ninjask

Send to Spore/Mean Look/Sub/Perish Song Electrode

Electrode has sound proof. It is unaffected by Perish Song.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I'd like to point out that everything on the last few pages is made completely irrelevant by the fact that Spore Ninjask can exist.

true that. but i think people are thinking about this the wrong way- this makes the DS metagame so much more complex. Thinking of running a spore ninjask lead? i was thinking about throwing an anti-sporejask lead together- Honchkrow@ insomnia, sucker punch, drill peck, maybe spore and sub or something like that. Band a mamoswine?

im kinda really stoked, this introduces a whole new level of creative team building. im viewing this as an opportunity to have some real fun. woohoo gimmicky teams?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Also, Sub/Spore/Mean Look/Baton Pass Ninjask

Send to Spore/Mean Look/Sub/Perish Song Electrode

Electrode has sound proof. It is unaffected by Perish Song.
This combination is beautiful.

But it makes me sad to think Electrode will never be able to hear anything :(

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
true that. but i think people are thinking about this the wrong way- this makes the DS metagame so much more complex. Thinking of running a spore ninjask lead? i was thinking about throwing an anti-sporejask lead together- Honchkrow@ insomnia, sucker punch, drill peck, maybe spore and sub or something like that. Band a mamoswine?

im kinda really stoked, this introduces a whole new level of creative team building. im viewing this as an opportunity to have some real fun. woohoo gimmicky teams?
Band Mamoswine just means a free switch in for my Scrappy Dragon Dance Explosion Kangaskhan. Or even my Skill Swap/Dragon Dance/Return/Waterfall Slaking. Honchkrow is just Scizor bait. There's not Ditto Glitch joke in there either, just straight up CB Bullet Punch/Uturn ****.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Band Mamoswine just means a free switch in for my Scrappy Dragon Dance Explosion Kangaskhan. Or even my Skill Swap/Dragon Dance/Return/Waterfall Slaking. Honchkrow is just Scizor bait. There's not Ditto Glitch joke in there either, just straight up CB Bullet Punch/Uturn ****.
anticipated a switch and used Superpower? or even funnier, maybe that honchkrow should be carrying Heat Wave? pity it wasnt 3rd gen, or id have given it sacred fire. thats the unique thing about the game now- you cant say "hey, pokemon A is a safe switch to pokemon B." Sets dont have to be set in stone now, especially for older pokemon.

I will say that you running Uturn on scizor is pretty.....old? you know that he can now have Megahorn? Meteor Mash? feeling funny, you could give it sacred fire. EQ?

WouW

Smash Lord
Honchkrow evolves from Murkrow from 2nd gen which iirc can learn Mimic. So yeah, Honchkrow can still have Sacred Fire or whatever you want it to have.

Btw, U-Turn is good because of its switching effect which makes it very good. U-Turn is way more used on Scizor than Bug Bite, which does more damage.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
U-Turn is just too awesome of a supportive move to let out for say Megahorn pr Bug Bite.

Terywj said:
Anyways, who thinks there should be a Counter Game for the Rage Glitch? :3
With major rule edits of course.

-Terywj

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
perish song dugtrio is possible with spore

but yeah, spore ninjask is the most broken thing, after it bp's behind a sub and has mean looked, it can go to any pokemon that also knows spore now and behind the sub it will never let the other pokemon attack it until the whole team is at +6 everything then pass it off to starmie with shadowball, surf, tbolt and icebeam

Also, in general starmie with shadowball is amazing because its speed makes it faster than any ghost without a CS and (im pretty sure) OHKOing all of them when starmie has a timid nature

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hate to break it to ya, but this makes the entire game "the most broken."

Flareon / Entei with Sacred Fire.
Azumarrill with Wish / Belly Drum / Aqua Jet
Slaking with Explosion.

-Terywj

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Hate to break it to ya, but this makes the entire game "the most broken."

Flareon / Entei with Sacred Fire. Not at all
Azumarrill with Wish / Belly Drum / Aqua Jet Not Really
Slaking with Explosion. Yes

-Terywj
All of this is of course made completely irrelevant by the fact that Spore/Baton Pass/Belly Drum Ninjask can exist.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Then they switch out to Scizor who Bullet Punches you before you can even Baton Pass

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I wasn't listing all of those as most "game-breaking" I was merely providing hilarious important notes.

That Azumarrill would work wonders in UU though.

-Terywj

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This has probably been mentioned, but the possibilities of this in tandem with Machamp are absolutely hilarious because of No Guard.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think that, if nothing else, someone should make a NetBattle server with database mods that gives all the available moves to the Pokemon who can use this glitch ingame. It would make for an interesting metagame for sure, and it would prevent most of this stuff from being shot down as "hypothetical but banned" since we would have a place to use it.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Then they switch out to Scizor who Bullet Punches you before you can even Baton Pass
ninjask @leftovers
4 HP 252 Def 252 Spe
jolly nature
mean look
sub
baton pass
spore

-no need for attack EVs because you dont have an attack....after leftovers, non-CB bullet punch from scizor needs to do max damage to not let you be able to set up a sub after you spore it.

you either sub or mean look first round

if they switch and you meanlooked, you're fine. CB Scizor's BP will only do a max of 90% to you, non-CB adamant Mamoswine does a max of 81% (CB Mamoswine WILL kill you though...)

so what have we learned? Only thing that stops ninjask is an ice shard backed by STAB 591 attack (Scizor's ice shard does slightly more than 75%) Even CB Jolly weavile doesn't kill 70% of the time.

But what if we sub first? If the opponent attacks then you spore next round. Then you sub again (now at 62.5% and 3 speed boosts). They switch then you can bp next turn to something that counters their switch (hopefully, it wont even break the sub) even if it does, you are at 100% with +3 speed and hopefully this pokemon also has bp and maybe acid armor or nasty plot and bp.

Really, if they switch and you sub, you win the match because then you meanlook or spore the switch in (if the ice shard can actually kill you, then you have to spore...but only a select few pokemon can do that.) and can then setup indefinitely on the pokemon by having a team full of spore-ers.

-flareon or arcanine with sacred fire isn't even bad, flash fire exists (now, 100% burn with jirachi--that's pretty broken)
-belly drum aqua jet isn't THAT bad compared to bulky ninjask....because it needs that turn to belly drum, which can be incredibly difficult--especially when people are expecting to see belly drum coming
-slaking with explosion isn't that bad (the CB should make it kill anything taht isn't ghost type) but it can't sweep you and you can kill it because any sweeper you want can now have close combat, like that +3 metagross from the ninjask...

anything involving a OHKO move and no guard isn't bad because of the OHKO Clause...

What about a Scizor:
@Life Orb
Adamant 252 Atk 252 HP (or some other bulky set thing....)
Swords Dance
Ice Shard
Mach Punch
Bullet Punch

After a Swords Dance Ice shard becomes a physical blizzard and mach punch is a priority version of close combat. All this backed up by 394 attack.

-Ice shard kills a 228 Bold Zapdos after SR damage
-Kingdra needs a Def investment in the 100+ range with a +def nature and in the 150-200 range without one. In order to not get 2HKO'd by mach punch and ice shard, scizor can take considerable damage if it's bulky enough so you would probably need to waste 2 pokemon to take it out...

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
This outplays your Ninjask set, Betterthanbonds. Because everyone wants a +6 rather than a Sub passed to them. :)

-Terywj
but that one's beatable.... that one WILL die to any scizor priority move, metagross bullet punch, weavile ice shard, etc

If the person you're playing against plays smart (ie: not letting ninjask do anything...like sub) then it means the secret to beating it is to keep attacking. (you can either sub on my switch, then belly drum next turn as i break the sub, then try to pass it on while i kill you with bulletpunch, ice shard, etc)

It's better to always be able to give a +3 speed to a pokemon and have options to continue (because you still have a trapped, and asleep, pokemon) than it is to hoping you can get a belly drum off and not have the opponent switch to any pokemon with a priority move)

And yeah, subs are great, no idea how you can hate to be guaranteed to survive whatever your opponent wants to do to you.

Worst case scenario if you sub to something like porygon z or a physical attacker that can now know any move it wants without having a pokemon trapped in spore/mean look you should still be able to take out two pokemon.

actually, come to think of it, if you can trap a pokemon in spore/meanlook, you could bp to a pokemon with bp/spore/acupressure/sub, you can probably get 7 or so acupressures off before you even need to think of bp'ing to another pokemon

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
who uses SRs in this crazy offensive metagame?
you're just letting this crazy game set up on you

I'd be tempted to lead with a trick ninjask so that I can guarantee that when the opponent's ninjask spores me that that's the worse it can do to me. OR, CS ninjask with rockslide to OHKO other ninjask or spore them

Ninjask@Choice scarf
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def (4 hp gives it 264 hp, so it can only switch in twice on SRs-if they exist
trick/taunt
spore/taunt
explosion/taunt
rockslide/drill peck
^both attacks OHKO +speed 252 Def ninjask, but if ninjasks start holding berries to resist them, then this ninjask is useless

taunt can screw up a lot of the sets for ninjask we've been talking about, but spore would probably be the better option 99% of the time and rockslide/drillpeck would probably be the ballsiest of the moves to use, meanwhile trick makes your opponent's ninjask useless while your ninjask is always around .

explosion is just there to do a hell of a lot to anything (ninjask is only 1 point lower than 252 Atk +speed natured infernape--so its explosion should OHKO most anything [does 88.4% damage on average to the super rare 252 HP/ 252 Def Gliscor]. Basically, if you dont resist explosion, you're dead.

that scizor is scary, assuming you aren't being baton passed stuff (you can now use yanmega as a baton passer as well...) you just have to hope the opponent doesn't attack you (really, that's probably the best option with scizor now, because once it uses SD or belly drum, you're pretty much screwed). but yeah, that's scary viable and would probably work in most matches O_o

problem with sheddy is the sandstorm, nothing else is really a threat to it assuming the metagame is too offensive to even use a turn on them

but maybe:
Sheddy @focus sash
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 whatever
Swords dance
rain dance
Shadow Sneak
Mach punch

ghost/fighting have perfect coverage. But swampert with flamethrower is a clear threat so I'd imagine this is just here so that it can force a pokemon to switch because those priority move users can't do **** to sheddy unless they have shadow sneak as one of its priority moves

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Scizor@Leftovers
Adamant/Technician
252Hp/252Atk/4Def
-Belly Drum
-Bullet Punch
-Ice Shard
-Mach Punch

OHKO's everything in the game, resists every priority move in the game except Vacuum wave and Mach Punch. GG.
252 Adamant Leftovers Scizor +6 Ice Shard
vs. 252/168 Bold Leftovers Rotom-H : 69.4% - 81.9%

Cool story bro.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Azelf with almost 70% usage of Stealth Rock says hi.

-Terywj

why would ANYBODY use azelf in this crazy metagame where everyone knows spore before you can even do anything?

Realize that we are not talking about the current metagame, we are talking about a fantasy-football style metagame where your whole team is Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ninjask Spore/Stealth Rock/Something baton passable/Baton Pass

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no it should be

Ninjask@Salac Berry
Spore
Substitute
Belly Drum
Baton Pass

Your passing +6 attack and +4 speed to any poke

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Lum Berry leads make it sad though.

:<

Actually every lead and its mother would have a Lum Berry in this Metagame.

Top Bottom