• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HG/SS Ditto glitch?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
While this could be prevented by the VGC moves, it should allow otherwise nonlegit pairings of egg moves. I like really wanna use belly drumjetting azumaril now lol

UberMario

Smash Master
I wonder if Game Freak will fix this or not, or if the pokemon tier list is ready to be shredded, torched, and eaten by a squad of rabid chipmunks just from one simple quirk.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Would this allow movesets with unlearnable moves through breeding (not just impossible move combos)?

Also, would I be able to activate this in double battles versus DPPt? I'd rather not have to try to find in-game ones.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Would this allow movesets with unlearnable moves (not just impossible move combos)?

Also, would I be able to activate this in double battles with DPPt? I'd rather not have to try to find in-game ones.
I'm currently testing whether the Mimic method works ingame right now.

Edit: What we've feared is true. Prepare for the worst.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** you guys and your smeargle :mad:

Even if I did get one, could someone tell me where to do a double battle?

Ok yeah I just remembered you could do that at the battle frontier, but can Ditto transform into your partner? And if it does, how do you make it keep the moveset? Do you just beat your opponents or is there more in depth about this?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Would it work in the Battle Frontier? I don't know. In terms of rematches, your only choices are Young Couple Time & Sue or Twins Kay & Tia. Both of them only rematch you at a certain hour of one day per week, which makes it inconvenient (luckily Tim & Sue's time was a few hours ago when I did that). These games kinda of screw you over in terms of consistent double battles compared to DPP.

Also, I wonder if you could make this work if you used Assist to Transform. That would open it up to a few more 4th gen Pokemon, in addition to the ones who can Mimic.

Speaking of Mimic, I think Chatot might be able to make good use of Aeroblast... :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
lol XD

I don't know why, but I think I want to pass down an electric pokemon moveset to a squirtle... just for lols... if that's possible...

Sorry guys, but I know nothing about breeding...

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'd still like to know if it would still work in battles against DPPt. That way, I just get the moveset ready on my Plat, battle it with HG, and profit.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol

That would make wobuffet even MORE epic

Anybody care to teach me the mechanics of breeding?

I don't know what I could pass down to the moves Leer, Rock Slide, Bind, and Rage... hmmm....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just to make a small correction to an earlier post, if not done so already.

Ditto is ALWAYS treated as the male while breeding. ALWAYS.

Its why you can't pass Ditto's Nature or non-TM moves from the parent to the child while breeding.

Edit: Ah, I think I've been beaten to this somewhat.

But yeah. Any Pokemon can not have any 3 moves + 1 of any TM/Level up move/Rage.

Almost every pre-4th Gen Pokemon + Bonsly/Chatot/Mime Jr. can be used as a Smeargle, but better.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
UltMario, that's incorrect. If you have a male pokemon and you give ditto a everstone you can pass it's nature. I'm currently breeding with a male 'Gatr and a Ditto. Ditto passes the nature while the dad passes the egg moves.

Regarding the upheaval of the tier list, it won't happen as smogon can simply ban the use of moves that are not officially part of a pokemons moveset.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They've already gone over this and agreed that this glitch and the moves you can get from it is banned.

Also bar that unable to pass nature part which I've been told many times over that Ditto cannot pass the nature, and now apparently it can....

But Ditto is still capable of passing moves, so....

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
to anyone wondering, using this glitch to get otherwise impossible egg move combinations will also be banned (i'm pretty sure, anyway).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's implied, for the most part. But I'm having fun going through the Battle Tower with my Spore/Lock-On/Sheer Cold/Transform Ditto.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
It's times like this that I almost wish I still had my DS Phat. ._.
I'm still gonna piss my friends off as soon as I can get either a Smeargle or something with Mimic, though. >D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
How about just Sheer Cold Machamp.
Choice Scarf Sheer Cold Machamp would be lol. Especially considering there are only four things that, with Sheer Cold and Dynamic Punch combined, stand any chance of countering.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
No Guard Sheer Cold would be cool, but the main reason anyone would use Ditto as opposed to something else is that Ditto is faster than nearly everything when it's holding Quick Powder.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fastest convenient Spore in the game is indeed very good.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Choice Scarf Sheer Cold Machamp would be lol. Especially considering there are only four things that, with Sheer Cold and Dynamic Punch combined, stand any chance of countering.
Yes. battle tower what? drop the scarf.

ninjask @ lefties w/ spore, BP, sub, and swords dance.
Machamp @ lefties, no guard. sheer cold, dynamicpunch, bullet punch, crunch.
blissey @ wish, protect, aromathera, whatever the fugg filler you want.

pretty simple idea, ninjask spores to start, sets up a sub, dance a bit, once opponent wakes spore again, sub and pass it all to machamp. with all those speed boosts and a sub up safely- feel free to sheer cold. on stuff that cannot be OHKOed, dynamic for confusion+ STAB. crunch is there for those silly ghosts and psychic pokes, who think they are safe from dynamic. BP is for Focus sash users, just to finish them off quickly before they can do anything. All 3 of those moves are just back-ups though, spam sheer cold and win?

Blissey. wish and protect to live forever, and heal yo team if need be. aroma to save you from status effects.

grats on winning the battle tower.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think we could abuse this thread to make ridiculous amounts of imbalanced sets Pokemon could use.

Belly Drum Aqua Jet Azumarill is bad enough.

-Terywj

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
WOW very nice glitch, thanks for shareing that with us. I mean im never going to use it because i only use ditto for breeding but i love finding out new glitches :)

Top Bottom