• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, NC, look here

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
So yeah, alot of you guys know that I used to host tournaments at my apartment but space was constantly an issue. Well that and how hot it got alot of the time.

Well, I think that I found a potential venue which was ALOT more convenient than I originally gave it credit for.

Basically, the clubhouse to my apartment complex would let me rent it out on a Saturday for tournaments.

The only problem is, the tourney would have to start after 5 PM, which basically limits us to one game since NC sucks at playing tourney-matches when they have to. I would assume that they would want us to finish around 12-ish.

Who would actually be down for this? I'll post more info as I get more info.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I dunno when it would be be but my guess is that I could host it around the end of June/Beginning of July unless someone else already had plans of hosting around that time.

It seems like NCSU tourneys are more or less dead. I COULD make them weeklies with Melee and Brawl being switched out.

The trick is pulling together money to rent it out.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm all for this.

I'd only come for Melee obviously but the Brawl community needs tournaments right now so I'd understand if you had to devote more time to it.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
what would the cost be?

also if you have to have a venue fee weeklies might be a little costly, plus if you ever got a low turnout and venue fees didn't cover the price of renting you'd get kinda burned

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
The cost to rent the clubhouse out is $100 so if I charge like a $5 venue fee, I may be able to make it back if at least 20 people show up for the tourney. Of course, I'd reduce the venue fee if people bring setups.

This isn't a money-making venture but I don't wanna get burned too badly on money.

I doubt it'll be weekly anyways. I don't want to cannibalize the scene because I know more people other than just lil old me host. It may be like a Bi/Tri-weekly or something.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Post up dates, cost, location, etc. and I'll see if I can make it. I definitely want practice and to hang out with long forgotten bros.

Top Bottom