• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Newest version: 12/05/09

Updated with pretty much everything invincible that I could think of, including get-ups and techs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmenkrtdmez

Also, the last version I uploaded I think had problems with the invincibility on spotdodges and rolls. Brawl+ apparently messed with those. They should be fixed now.

This isn't even legal for regular brawl or brawl+ anymore now with the updates. Gah. I better work on downgrading it next.

Browny

Smash Hater
YAY
lets see retreating bair in an animated gif or a movie, should be good lol :)

srsly though, I think you should do this a certain way.

Take two screenshots for each attack at the exact same location (if possible, I know aerials are gonna be hard) of one with the hitbubbles and one without. then place the non-hitbubble picture over the top of the other one such that you can see lucarios entire body inside the hitbubbles. Ill draw and example in MSpaint real quick.
--
on second though, this might be far too difficult. But it would certainly look much better than the current method allows us :(

EPIC-FAIL

Smash Apprentice
In the back of a Little Ceasers, Making dough
this looks incredibly ranged for a jab....
not when you look at the ground

on a side note, (and I am correct on this) the back had with the jab,(NOT THE ONE IN FRONT) is also a hit box. If you noticed sometimes, (might be only me because the only way I know this is because there are times) when you jab away from your opponent, you can clank with something week or low in priority like most of Sonics moves. Or am I wrong on this?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
wouldnt it be cool if fsmash's hitbox turned out to be like this..
I'ma firin mah Lazah!!!

/¯/___________________________
| Blarrrgggggghhhhhhh!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's actually kinda big, which is good because your jab isn't going to beat out anything in terms of speed lol.

I've hit people out of stuff that looks so lol, and the hitbox reminds me a lot of snake/Ike jab (linear and expansive hitbox at the end and on a near straight 180 degree angle.

And at OP: Is that fsmash!?! Man that's a wonderbox, especially if you've seen other hitbox projects of other characters.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's almost like fsmash is good or something, lol.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Nearly done. Some of these are really surprising. Dtilt is apparently longer than Ftilt, for example.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Blah, I have proficiency exams today and I've been lazy yesterday, so I'll probably finish this either much later today, or tomorrow morning. Sorry.

As an apology, here's Usmash's data. I was planning on pulling a big prank and making Usmash freeze the game, but blah.

Usmash has two hitbox types. The initial hit (larger top bubble set higher up), and the weaker late hit (top bubble is SLIGHTLY smaller and set farther down).

Here are both hits for Lucario facing both right and left.

Strong hit

Weak hit

Strong hit

Weak hit

Also two extra pictures.

Hope this'll satisfy you guys until later today when I'll get more stuff up. Sorry for all the delays.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Issa lightbulb lol.
But seriously, anyone who doesn't think these hitboxes are crazy look at most of the other characters, then look at Lucario's.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Now to get this on the second page so it's more easily seen.
Blah, I have proficiency exams today and I've been lazy yesterday, so I'll probably finish this either much later today, or tomorrow morning. Sorry.

As an apology, here's Usmash's data. I was planning on pulling a big prank and making Usmash freeze the game, but blah.

Usmash has two hitbox types. The initial hit (larger top bubble set higher up), and the weaker late hit (top bubble is SLIGHTLY smaller and set farther down).

Here are both hits for Lucario facing both right and left.

Strong hit

Weak hit

Strong hit

Weak hit

Also two extra pictures.

Hope this'll satisfy you guys until later today when I'll get more stuff up. Sorry for all the delays.

Issa lightbulb lol.
But seriously, anyone who doesn't think these hitboxes are crazy look at most of the other
characters, then look at Lucario's.
Also, when I finally get all of the pictures up, I'm going to make a post telling people which moves "appear" and which moves are actually mapped to bones.

Moves like Fsmash and Usmash do not "grow" or "move" during the attack. They stay in the exact same spot relative to lucario and literally "appear out of nowhere" in that spot relative to Lucario and "disappear" on the frame that they go. Meanwhile, moves like Fair, Nair, Jab1, and Utilt are mapped to bones and move as the bones do.

It appears that whether an attack is mapped to a bone does not have to do with aura priority. Being a transcendent hitbox is actually a flag, not a factor of the hitbox!

I will say also that before doing this data, I was actually worried about Lucario's status as a "ranged" character. After seeing all of this for myself, my heart is at ease. Lucario's hitboxes are absolutely wonderful, and I'm sure you'll agree when I finally put up the data.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think Sakurai was definitely thinking ahead when he made Lucario's aura hitboxes transcendent (now if only he could've done the same with pretty much every gay mechanic in the game!), if they weren't, low % lucario would suck indeed, as every move is slow, and would have really bad priority, because anything within it's damage range (aka tilts/even jabs) could clank with something like Lucario's smashes at max range, thus eliminating advantage. It was clearly not an accident that Lucario was designed in this way.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I didn't really expect a lot of stuff from Lucario's hitbox when I recorded this LOL

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I knew dsmash had more range to it than what it looked like.
And I was amazed but at the same time not surprised, it's kind of compensation for arguably some of the slowest startup of his tier position, range, plus low cooldown, transcendedness, and lingering hitboxes were good compensation.

Rayku

Smash Lord
U-air and D-air were my personal favorites.

U-air looked like Metaknight's uptilt (minus the retardedness)

D-air looked like an upside-down Dedede uptilt

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Browny

Smash Hater
wow that black background stage will make it perfect to do that idea I suggested!

I seriously recommed doing that Kita, It wont take long at all since u wont have to crop (assuming the black is constant, it should be right?) and it will look so much better than what other boards have done :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
In response to Bionic Sonic's signature (sorry, this is an ongoing joke on AiB):
What is Dodecahedron? From the great wisdom of Phi1ny3: You cannot question the phrase that is "Dodecahedron." It's more than just a word, It's a way of life. It's a way to succeed in life. It's a way to survive all your struggles. It is everything, yet it is nothing. Some things that cannot be answered do not question. Dodecahedron.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Wow, I am impressed.
I had no idea Lucario had this much range and this many disjoints.

Now all you need is a fast attack! XD lol
Sorry, I'm just used to Sheik.

Anyways, I might alt Lucario now that I know his exact spacing.
Also, I know this isn't a the thread for it but how does Lucario handle the IC's?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
That grab hitbox doesn't look like Lucario could grab people with his ears.
It's probably because anyone he's grabbing with his ears is generally falling on him. His grab box is positioned weird because of his posture (Weirdest grab posture ever?), so it apparently lets him grab things that are positioned too weirdly for other characters to grab.

That's my theory, anyways. It's a really weird posture on both forcepalm grab, and regular grab. I think it seems to also be positioned pretty high for a grab.

Wow, I am impressed.
I had no idea Lucario had this much range and this many disjoints.

Now all you need is a fast attack! XD lol
Sorry, I'm just used to Sheik.

Anyways, I might alt Lucario now that I know his exact spacing.
Also, I know this isn't a the thread for it but how does Lucario handle the IC's?
Slight advantage Lucario. He platform camps really well (Battlefield comes to mind), is one of the best characters at separating them(dair), and gimps them pretty well once separate (but who doesn't?), he's one of the harder chaingrabs to learn and apparently more awkward (Enough to possibly save you a stock or two, I've seen many ICs mess up or complain about Luc's timing), and his Dair makes him a ridiculously horrible pain to shieldgrab. Slight advantage Lucario if he plays as gay as possible and camps platforms like a *****.

Also our Dair is pretty fast (4 frames). :<

Sheik's too fast, lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
To give you an idea:
lucario beats ic lol.

Yea zucco didnt time me out. The entire match up is me grabbing lucario at 0% and him trying to hit me and kill me at 150%.

I give up using ic on lucario =(. I have to rely on grabs the entire time and its stressful.

Ic are the very least are top 5. At least on the highest level of play. Its just unfair how they can win off of one grab some

of the time.
I think if Lucario were to somehow be the best character in the game, and people would study it dedicatedly and somehow be a robot with the grabs, it would be slightly disadvantageous for us, but getting the grab on lucario is tough with the safety of lingering, low cooldown, long ranged hitboxes. This, and the midweight grab gets progressively tougher at higher percents (I hear it's nearly impossible after 100% or so), and the dthrow-> bthrow that's used on MK is really tough to use on Lucario, these things even Meep has trouble with. Dair outranges and is faster than IC's uair, and is one of the best IC separators, which then goes into our strong gimp ability against Nana. Then there's the slight bonus (I wouldn't rely on this though) that when ICs mess up the CG, they pretty much lose the stock, because Lucario gets really uber from the damage accumulated, and his attacks get safer on block.
And it takes something really big to convince Meep that a ratio should change lol, so I think it's in Lucario's favor, but only "****" if they don't know what they're doing.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
To give you an idea:

I think if Lucario were to somehow be the best character in the game, and people would study it dedicatedly and somehow be a robot with the grabs, it would be slightly disadvantageous for us, but getting the grab on lucario is tough with the safety of lingering, low cooldown, long ranged hitboxes. This, and the midweight grab gets progressively tougher at higher percents (I hear it's nearly impossible after 100% or so), and the dthrow-> bthrow that's used on MK is really tough to use on Lucario, these things even Meep has trouble with. Dair outranges and is faster than IC's uair, and is one of the best IC separators, which then goes into our strong gimp ability against Nana. Then there's the slight bonus (I wouldn't rely on this though) that when ICs mess up the CG, they pretty much lose the stock, because Lucario gets really uber from the damage accumulated, and his attacks get safer on block.
The problem is that ICs have no way to grab us reliably, even if we can't camp them. If we get onto a platform on like Battlefield as well, we're basically untouchable.

On a side note, anyone notice how Uair forms a little cocoon? It's kind of cute.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Usmash and dair's hitboxes make me smile. :)

Grab's...not so much. :(

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Pivot grab's box is actually pretty good though, especially since there's a no slide variation (I wonder if it's range is diminished when performed though).

saviorslegacy

Slight advantage Lucario. He platform camps really well (Battlefield comes to mind), is one of the best characters at separating them(dair), and gimps them pretty well once separate (but who doesn't?), he's one of the harder chaingrabs to learn and apparently more awkward (Enough to possibly save you a stock or two, I've seen many ICs mess up or complain about Luc's timing), and his Dair makes him a ridiculously horrible pain to shieldgrab. Slight advantage Lucario if he plays as gay as possible and camps platforms like a *****.

Also our Dair is pretty fast (4 frames). :<

Sheik's too fast, lol.
Okay cool

*Sheik*
2 frame jab
3 frame Nair
4 frame Uair and Bair
4 frame DSmash

And most every other attack is between 5 and 10ish.
So yeah, I am used to bloody speed.
I hate playing someone like Bowser. He just feels so, so slugish.

Anyways, Kita, you should make a thread like this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255436
or like the Ike boards.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Meh Lucario's fast, but in a different way (fair ends faster than marth's, dair ends on 28 frames, faster than many single hit aerials, fsmash has IASA, etc.)
He has low commitment in his, that and range make up for his relatively crappy startup time (it's okay, but arguably the slowest of those that high up, except for possibly ICs or D3).

saviorslegacy

Meh Lucario's fast, but in a different way (fair ends faster than marth's, dair ends on 28 frames, faster than many single hit aerials, fsmash has IASA, etc.)
He has low commitment in his, that and range make up for his relatively crappy startup time (it's okay, but arguably the slowest of those that high up, except for possibly ICs or D3).
That is why I like Lucario.
Yeah sure range is awesome, but low ending lag makes the character IMO because they can combo.
Sheik has this ability to.
Nothing like showing people that combo's do exist!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A shame combos don't mean much in Brawl...you can do a low-percent 5-hit combo and only end up doing like 25% damage. <_<

Top Bottom