• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes of Newerth

Renth

Smash Hero
If you play let me know, I'm very new to the game. I play some friends who will remain nameless in case they don't want to play with *insert random person*

I'm Renth on there.

Go figure.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
If you play let me know, I'm very new to the game. I play some friends who will remain nameless in case they don't want to play with *insert random person*

I'm Renth on there.

Go figure.
rockcrock and some of his friends play, i play also, if u need any help shoot me a pm. Btw don't play easy mode if u wanna get good

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I used to play HON but retired after alpha (1780 PSR)

This old dinosaur is ready to be necromanced and ready to warm up to a game with you newbss.

Add me:
xXx-Eternal$$SSBball3r$$Lucarioz-xXx

Real names
"Harriet", I'm an intermediate/1550 player on good days

Renth

Smash Hero
finally got to download it i dont see the appeal feels like a mesh of WOW, RS, and DOTA 3 games which i all got tired of years ago

ill stick to TF2 and melee
You feel like a mesh of idiotic stupid and dumb.

I'd like to once again remind people of a proverb. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Pretty hurtful eh?

mercy

Smash Apprentice
finally got to download it i dont see the appeal feels like a mesh of WOW, RS, and DOTA 3 games which i all got tired of years ago

ill stick to TF2 and melee
A game thats pretty much a carbon copy of Dota, feels like Dota.

This just in:

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
lol team mate johns

i got an alt to 1600 with 70% wins playing solo

if you can't break 1600 youre doing it wrong >_>

Pi

Smash Hero
You feel like a mesh of idiotic stupid and dumb.

I'd like to once again remind people of a proverb. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Pretty hurtful eh?
LoL > HoN

I find it ironic in a post where you blatantly insult someone you quote that proverb

Lulz.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
LoL > HoN

I find it ironic in a post where you blatantly insult someone you quote that proverb

Lulz.
LoL and hon are different, especially because of the masteries and runes systems in LoL which make huge differences.

Sounds like FL needs a Hon LAN PARTAY WOOOOOOOHOOOOO!

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
LoL > HoN

Lulz.
This is funny. LoL does not have a competive community in the least... nor does it have big name supporters like Alienware.

Feel free to add me on either KillerSOS` or WhatIsLove`

Around 1730 player right now.... but I havn't played on my high account in forever.

Pi

Smash Hero
This is funny. LoL does not have a competive community in the least... nor does it have big name supporters like Alienware.

Feel free to add me on either KillerSOS` or WhatIsLove`

Around 1730 player right now.... but I havn't played on my high account in forever.
while there is no ranking system implemented -yet-
there are tournaments being held by the competitive community.
and since when are we judging a games worth by the big name supporters it has?
is this not the Smash World Forums or am I missing something?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
while there is no ranking system implemented -yet-
there are tournaments being held by the competitive community.
and since when are we judging a games worth by the big name supporters it has?
is this not the Smash World Forums or am I missing something?
we play games competitively bc there is money involved.

while smash has no sponsors (or rather did not for the past few years) there was plenty of money to be won.

comparing LoL to HoN is a joke because HoN has way more tournaments with larger prizes.

Pi

Smash Hero
Correct, "lol" is not a game. But LoL is.

Oh and <3 hardstyle.

Are you going to Qlimax this year, Think?
i acntually haven't given it any thought, i've been listening to di.fm hardstyle radio for like 6 months straight though, where is it at?
hardstyle srsly...****ing good music holy ****

we play games competitively bc there is money involved.

while smash has no sponsors (or rather did not for the past few years) there was plenty of money to be won.

comparing LoL to HoN is a joke because HoN has way more tournaments with larger prizes.
wtf...
what kind of reasoning is that to be throwing around on these boards

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I'm on from time to time...

IGN is Gahtz (1700+)
and I usually play with friends since I hate random pubs where my team ends up with a 70%+ EM Mode novice who feeds -_-

Also there's a reason why it's called LOL.
I tried LoL since my friend kept saying it was so good. Apparently no denying, which I found immensely terrible. Denying is key in HoN, and drastically changes the course of the game. Apparently you have to unlock heroes as you play in contrast to HoN where all the heroes are there. Matchmaking in LoL is a joke since you end up being paired with others who may be WAYYYSSS BEYOND YOU WITH RIGGED HEROES while you're stuck with terrible heroes :)

I also hate the kiddy animation, but thats not a reason to hate on it. I don't like LoL because it isn't competitive enough for me. HoN is, Dota is.

Pi

Smash Hero
there is no denying
which I wish there was

the champs get switched out from week to week
you can buy whatever champ you want at any time with real money
or you can buy them with IP you earn from playing games

champs in LoL are more balanced than champs in HoN
the two extra skills, rune books, and skill tree's make it more customizable to make up for qualities your desired champ lacks, or improve the ones he excels in

there are CC breaks both in items and in skills

I would compare HoN to 64 with it's 0-death hitstun combos/shield breaks

and LoL is in between melee and brawl, leaning more toward melee, some characters have big combo's that'll kill you but for the most part if you know how to DI (what spells/items to get) you can escape.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
there is no denying
which I wish there was

the champs get switched out from week to week
you can buy whatever champ you want at any time with real money
or you can buy them with IP you earn from playing games

champs in LoL are more balanced than champs in HoN
the two extra skills, rune books, and skill tree's make it more customizable to make up for qualities your desired champ lacks, or improve the ones he excels in

there are CC breaks both in items and in skills

I would compare HoN to 64 with it's 0-death hitstun combos/shield breaks

and LoL is in between melee and brawl, leaning more toward melee, some characters have big combo's that'll kill you but for the most part if you know how to DI (what spells/items to get) you can escape.
comparing fighting games to point and click is lulz.

anyways, HoN has several items (shrunken head, void talismen, assassin's shroud, etc.) that protect you from 0-deaths, but for the most part honestly that shouldn't be happening in the first place. There basically aren't heroes that can pick people off in a 1v1 where the have no chance to react, and the only ones that can must already be winning in order for that to happen.

and if you think HoN isn't balanced you haven't played in several months. The picks/bans differ a lot now (in competitive play, not pubs) because there are tons of viable heroes at this point, and no one or two really OP heroes.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
LOL RockCrock. You still be at that same vent? I'll try to pop on sometime so we can get some games in. And also almost every competitive game tries to be balanced but it just doesn't cut it. There are no "0-death combos" unless its a team effort (or beautiful laning) but the beautiful laning aspect can be nullified in competitive hon since theres only like...

Demented Shaman, Scout, Soul Reaper, Nighthound, Wretched Hag, Magmus, Tempest, Corrupted Disciple, Pharaoh, Witch Slayer, Hammerstorm, Defiler, ThunderBringer, Pyromancer, Slither, Kraken, Jereziah, Succubus, Puppet Master, Ophelia, Accursed, Engineer, Vindicator, Zephyr, Plague Rider, Soul Stealer, yeah etc. amount of heroes that counter each other so well that 0-death should only be happening if the team is STUPID AND DOESNT WARD, Laned badly, or are being outplayed.

You can "DI" in HoN as well. You can't expect a Pestilence to NOT get Shrunken Head when he's pitted against disables amirite?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Zephyr, Demented Shaman, SLITHERRRRRRRRRR. You think its a coincidence that two of those have appeared as your avatar?

What you know about OP heroes?
I'm not saying there aren't top tiers im just saying its not like MvC2 where 3/4 of the cast doesn't get played. I would say of the 60 heroes 10 of them are played frequently (1/3 games or more) 20 are commonly seen (1/4 games or more) and 45 of them are viable (1/5 games).

There are only a handful of heroes that are not viable at all, and even then you have recent upsets like phB vs LOAD where phe`v's Night Hound goes like 22-1 or something stupid like that.

to me picks/bans should be more about what heroes counter your particular strategy than anything else.

Top Bottom