• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We're going to be able to play the character today! I hope it's not too late and that everyone can download them fine ;p

Really excited to see what the patch changes with others too.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I really need a Switch. I'm going to miss Hero's release, but at least I can get a lot more content to start off with in the end.

Anyway, someone made a guide for Hero's various Command Menu specials. Figured someone would want to see it.

Sakurai wanted to get as much as he could in. I don't mind the randomness.

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
If anyone's interested in Mana costs:
Oomph-15
Psyche Up-14
Bounce-14
Heal-7
Flame Slash-12
Acceleratle-13
Kaboom-37
Snooze-16
Hatchet Man-15
Thwack-30
Zoom-8
Kacklang-6
Metal Slash-6
Hocus Pocus-it went down 4 but it didn't deplete until after the spell was cast so I think it might depend on the effect.
Magic Burst-All
Kamikaze-technically 1
what do you mean by technically

I really need a Switch. I'm going to miss Hero's release, but at least I can get a lot more content to start off with in the end.

Anyway, someone made a guide for Hero's various Command Menu specials. Figured someone would want to see it.

it's gonna be pretty funny to snooze someone and then thwack them at 0% and get lucky with an instant kill

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We're going to be able to play the character today! I hope it's not too late and that everyone can download them fine ;p

Really excited to see what the patch changes with others too.
Sadly Spain has to wait until tomorrow to download Hero...

But hopefully the people at the USA enjoy him in the meantime doh.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmm. That's weird i thought it'd just be different time zones for the same release time.

Well twitch can be your friend to watch gameplay in the meantime.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, I hope we get the stock icons for Erdrick / Arusu, Solo, and Eight soon so we can set them as our mains.

D

Deleted member

Hmm. That's weird i thought it'd just be different time zones for the same release time.

Well twitch can be your friend to watch gameplay in the meantime.
That is also true, yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Speaking of which, I hope we get the stock icons for Erdrick / Arusu, Solo, and Eight soon so we can set them as our mains.
Did they say they're going to do it?

I'm going to decide who's my main once ive played hero and also seen any changes to other characters.

D

Deleted member

I really need that Eight stock icon on my account's mains list as soon as possible, ngl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I absolutely love the fact that the optimization of the character is basically gonna involve speedrun strats (fast menuing, RNG manip and resource management).

Once the update is live and all the resources get ripped, while our site should have no problem adding them, it'll probably take some time to update/reflect that.

D

Deleted member

I absolutely love the fact that the optimization of the character is basically gonna involve speedrun strats (fast menuing, RNG manip and resource management).

Once the update is live and all the resources get ripped, while our site should have no problem adding them, it'll probably take some time to update/reflect that.
Thanks for the dedication regarding the stock icons!

Looking forward to use the Eight one!

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Sadly Spain has to wait until tomorrow to download Hero...

But hopefully the people at the USA enjoy him in the meantime doh.
The truth is that I do not know why the difference from when the character launches at the end is I am from Spain

D

Deleted member

The truth is that I do not know why the difference from when the character launches at the end is I am from Spain
Because the date for Spain as I checked is just July 31st.

No hour at all.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The eShop is definitely gonna crash, so for all intents and purposes, even most of the U.S. is likely not gonna get their hands on the character until tomorrow.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
What you think of the hero I loved seems quite funny and with many references. And what do you think about what you are saying is op / broken

D

Deleted member

What you think of the hero I loved seems quite funny and with many references. And what do you think about what you are saying is op / broken
I loved the character as a whole, the stage, the music selection (highlight being the awesome War Cry from DQ8) and the Mii costumes.

I'm hyped as hell to get everything tomorrow as a DQ fan.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
The truth is that if I always wanted DQ to enter into smash such a mythical and wonderful saga it seemed to me that he deserved it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The truth is that if I always wanted DQ to enter into smash such a mythical and wonderful saga it seemed to me that he deserved it.
The DQ8 hero has always been my most wanted for Smash alongside Metroid newcomers in general, K.Rool and Crash Bandicoot.

And I just feel that he has gotten perfect justice in Ultimate with all the present content.

It is indeed a moment I have deeply awaited for long.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
The DQ8 hero has always been my most wanted for Smash alongside Metroid newcomers in general, K.Rool and Crash Bandicoot.

And I just feel that he has gotten perfect justice in Ultimate with all the present content.

It is indeed a moment I have deeply awaited for long.
If smash ultimate is a crossover that I think nobody in his day would have imagined

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't wait to see the Hero on the character select screen when he comes out tomorrow. The game will completely look like a 2007 s**tpost. I love it.

D

Deleted member

If smash ultimate is a crossover that I think nobody in his day would have imagined
Yeah, games such as Ultimate are a pretty rare but amazing gift when it comes to crossovers as a whole.

I think it is the only game where any pipe dream crossover can become possible on the current day.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
By the way the low special seems to have 21 different specials according to what has been seen in the presentation 4 of them have not seen these are.
Sizz, Sizzle, Bang and Whack

D

Deleted member

By the way the low special seems to have 21 different specials according to what has been seen in the presentation 4 of them have not seen these are.
Sizz, Sizzle, Bang and Whack
Yeah, Hero has probably the most work behind them of all the fighters.

It is impressive to see what Sakurai has done for DQ in Smash.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
On a side note, I'm probably gonna change my in game language to Japanese for a certain period of time, as I want to practice memorizing the spells in real time.

Plus I just really wanna hear Xander Mobus say "Yuusha" instead of Hero all day.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, games such as Ultimate are a pretty rare but amazing gift when it comes to crossovers as a whole.

I think it is the only game where any pipe dream crossover can become possible on the current day.
Yes and there are still two more characters that will also be surprising and interesting

D

Deleted member

On a side note, I'm probably gonna change my in game language to Japanese for a certain period of time, as I want to practice memorizing the spells in real time.

Plus I just really wanna hear Xander Mobus say "Yuusha" instead of Hero all day.
Honestly, I may do that too.

D

Deleted member

One thing you think people get used to the hero
That will mostly depend on each person.

Some will really try to get used to it, others won't care about him at all and some groups may not do anything but complain without a stop just to get what they want without even doing anything on their own.

I honestly wouldn't worry much about that and just enjoy our favourite characters without having someone trying to make us stop.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
That will mostly depend on each person.

Some will really try to get used to it, others won't care about him at all and some groups may not do anything but complain without a stop just to get what they want without even doing anything on their own.

I honestly wouldn't worry much about that and just enjoy our favourite characters without having someone trying to make us stop.
True at the end of the day all the characters have people do not like at all to a greater or lesser extent and that should not matter to us

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I care more about being able to follow what's going on in Japanese tournaments/streams than people getting used to it.

My kana/kanji is trash since high school was the last time I took formal lessons/kept up with my studies, and I usually rely on commentators for everything.

Even Sakurai (in the Japanese Hero vid) couldn't cover every little thing that was going on during the demonstration. Not necessarily a bad thing, since we'll have English 99% of the time, but I'd still like to learn it anyway.

D

Deleted member

I care more about being able to follow what's going on in Japanese tournaments than people getting used to it.

My kana/kanji is trash since high school was the last time I took formal lessons/kept up with my studies, and I usually rely on commentators for everything.
I really want to learn japanese too.

At the moment I'll start with stuff such as chinese, but hopefully sometime next year I find the perfect way to start learning japanese.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I recommend everyone to learn the spells in their native language first, lol. Or whatever language you'll be playing with friends.
I can imagine later on learning for the rest, but it'll be easier from a good base.

The amount of spells is really crazy, since there seems to be even more than the ones he showcased us today. What a crazy character.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think it's really cool that Erdrick in particular is voiced by the same person who voiced Link in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That's a pretty big honor considering how beloved that game and its voice performance for Link is.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Jesus... so the spells are going to be completely random huh? Why couldn’t he just put them in a set order?! Fighting Hero is going to be ridiculous.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I went to translate the Classic Mode title from what little we had, and apparently, in Japan it's called, "勇者たちの記憶" (Yūsha-tachi no kioku), or "Memory of the Heroes". I wonder what this could mean...maybe this Classic Mode is a reference to the Heroes' journeys in general?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Jesus... so the spells are going to be completely random huh? Why couldn’t he just put them in a set order?! Fighting Hero is going to be ridiculous.
It's only the spells that are used with Down B that are random, and you can shield to change the list.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
And what is your favorite music among the chosen ones. I am between war cry, Fighting Spirit and Unflinchable Courage

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm so happy to see that Dragon Quest seems to have gotten so much love from Sakurai and his team. I kind of wish the spell menu wasn't just random... but I can't really complain when they seem to have faithfully implemented 20 spells from the games into his character. No wonder it took so long to see him finally drop. While it didn't quite get the love that Persona did in terms of music or Spirits, there's still a very respectable number of them here and they seem like mostly solid choices from what I know of these games. It's amazing how much more impressive Ultimate seems to be with DLC over Smash 4 with how much attention has been paid to every little element and quality of representation.

And I say this as someone who was probably more against Dragon Quest just a year ago, but then I looked into it and started paying attention and played some of the games (I've yet to beat any of them, I'll get on that... eventually...). And I came to really, really respect this charming series and everything it is. I'm glad Smash has brought another series to my life, and it looks incredibly well done in Smash too.

Now, when's the damn update going to drop lol?

Top Bottom