• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im actually glad Maya's still alive, hoping we can actually know what exaclty is her power, cause well u know claires is regeneration, whats hers, the mass killing eyes of death??

also, like sylar said, she makes chilaquiles:

simply put, if u havent eaten chilaquiles, u have not tasted life :p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
From watching Maya kill people, it doesn't look painful. I mean, I'm sure it doesn't feel great, but it looks like it just "puts people to sleep". It doesn't seem to "do damage" in any sense. If anything, it looks like the most peaceful way to die. Sylar was sorta breathing heavy when Maya was killing him, but he was not wincing in pain or anything.

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
From watching Maya kill people, it doesn't look painful. I mean, I'm sure it doesn't feel great, but it looks like it just "puts people to sleep". It doesn't seem to "do damage" in any sense. If anything, it looks like the most peaceful way to die. Sylar was sorta breathing heavy when Maya was killing him, but he was not wincing in pain or anything.
well.. IDK, Molly was yellin the **** out of herself

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Mexicans were the most pointless waste of time in the series besides the fact they saved sylar the brothers power was never fully explained what does he do? he can never die from disease? he cleans out other peoples systems? i mean who rly noes and mayas power is jus a slow disease that eventualy kills you i rly hoped that she finaly died wen sylar shot her but noooo they had 2 kill nathan -.-

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
Mexicans were the most pointless waste of time in the series besides the fact they saved sylar the brothers power was never fully explained what does he do? he can never die from disease? he cleans out other peoples systems? i mean who rly noes and mayas power is jus a slow disease that eventualy kills you i rly hoped that she finaly died wen sylar shot her but noooo they had 2 kill nathan -.-
they only added a handfull of new characters, did you seriously think they would kill 2 of them?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
well.. IDK, Molly was yellin the **** out of herself
Well, she probably felt something and was scared of it. Like I said, I'm sure it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm just sure it feels different than being stabbed by a knife.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I don't, too many people coming back to life!
If stupid Maya can come back to life, Nathan deserves to as well.

And how they constantly let Sylar, and I guess Kensai, live is just sickening. They've had him in their grasp so many times, and they never finish the job. All of them are idiots. Their deaths are deserved.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Tom said:
Yeah, and he'd also be able to go back and stop Nathan from being killed. =/
He could do that. But he could also stop time and no one (but Hiro...who was so easily beaten) could touch him. Not much conflict when the protagnist has the power of gods.

Sylar is the most recognizable (sp) villain. Everyone questioned whether Adam was a villian, but there's no question when a guy cuts people heads open. They aren't likely to kill him for awhile.

Stryks - the nearest mexican resturant is almost an hour away and now I crave mexican food. thanks.

The company probably made a substance that will insure someone stays dead. Then put that into a bullet and shot Nathan with it.

Smooth, what did you think I meant?

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
Actually Stryks, I do recall Maya mentioning that she could, in her own words, poison other people. Whether that was a figure of speech or not I don't know.

Btw, this may seem like going a bit out of topic, but, I watched a couple of episodes from the past series and remembered that the person with super-hearing said she didn't hear Sylar's footsteps, to which Sylar said 'that's because there weren't any'. Is this a power of Sylar or is it just an extension of one of his already established powers?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Buzz, I think when Maya is poisoning people, they pretty much act like theyre being suffocated. They freak out and don't breath. Sylar said "You're killing me" or whatever, while he was making an inhalation noise. So it probably hurts like suffocation hurts =/

Btw, this may seem like going a bit out of topic, but, I watched a couple of episodes from the past series and remembered that the person with super-hearing said she didn't hear Sylar's footsteps, to which Sylar said 'that's because there weren't any'. Is this a power of Sylar or is it just an extension of one of his already established powers?
This, paired with the movements Sylar made after Parkman shot him in season one (protecting the female FBI agent), make me think Sylar can float.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Tom, if I could have the exact same thing ,only with Elle shooting lame boy out of the sky, I would love you forever.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Me too except her sucking out the straw. No perv.

Slusho rocks.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If I could find .gifs (or even the movie file) of those scenes online, then it could be done. :) But it took me a while to find that interrogation .gif as is.

The big picture would look a bit different though, to matchies the color scheme.

haha @ Dibs' "no perv."

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
Sylar can: it was confirmed by a writer (maybe even Kring himself) a while ago.

*searches for a link*
that's weird.. I was sure that Sylar's power was the power to understand how things work..

wouldn't floating be a lame power considering some stupid emo kid and a senator can do much more than that already?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
His floating is due to his telekinesis; he can't fly like West or Nathan but he can hover, which we all can agree, is better than nothing :^P

Stryks

Smash Hero
Tom, if I could have the exact same thing ,only with Elle shooting lame boy out of the sky, I would love you forever.
I second that...
anyway yeah using telekinesis to float is the closest thing sylar has to fliying, so to prevent from super-hearing mecanic lady to hea him, he just floated his way there...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
T_T i cant make Virgie's sig for everyone, or else it won't be virgie's sig anymore

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
is it even possible for nathan/HRG/anyone injected with Claire/Adam's blood to die anymore? i would assume that the healing properties would be retained when new blood is replicated.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i think its a temporary thing. if you're bitten by a snake and given antivenom, it doesnt mean that snakes can bite you and you'll be ok.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
i think its a temporary thing. if you're bitten by a snake and given antivenom, it doesnt mean that snakes can bite you and you'll be ok.
That was my thought on the situation. I didn't see it as multiple people having regeneration powers from now on. It was a one time cure.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I just read an article where the interviewer asks Tim Kring (the creator) if he sees Claire and Peters blood as an over used plot device to continually bring people back from the dead. Kring said he knew that when he was writing it and knows it wont be used very often or much at all any more.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
That is why Noah wanted claire away from the company partly, her power is not just good for the virus that heroes get. If they could somehow have a massive amount of her blood, they could cure many diseases.

On the other hand, if the company had adam (someone with the SAME ability as claire), why couldn't they use him on the virus?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Funny thing ;today i saw Final Destination 2, and the character Ali Larter(Nikki)plays was killed in a fiery explosion, the same way as Nikki (maybe). Oh the irony lol

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
sugarpoultry and I are watching season 1 again. It was so much better than season 2. ^_^

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
I just read an article where the interviewer asks Tim Kring (the creator) if he sees Claire and Peters blood as an over used plot device to continually bring people back from the dead. Kring said he knew that when he was writing it and knows it wont be used very often or much at all any more.
that's good, but it won't stop people from complaining. whenever a person dies now, people will just keep going "why didn't they use the blood?"

maybe if they find some way to counter the blood, like say that it makes the users into junkies who constantly need the blood to survive or something..

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Looking back on it, I actually think it is OK that they throw around the regeneration a bunch. The idea here is that if Sylar (or anyone else) gets their hands on that ability, they will be essentially indestructible. Sure, it is relatively "cheap" how every hero who "dies" is brought back with regenerative blood, but it is also an inherent risk keeping the regenerating hero out in the open. So, yes, for now, it is an overused plot device, but it really does serve as a focus for the series. Either Claire needs to die (somehow), or all interested villains do.

pikamon

Smash Ace
They already said the show was coming back in the fall and that season 3 would be called Villains. Adam Munroe will be back along with Sylar and several other bad guys. Peter is supposed to grow up a little (which we'll see in the form of a haircut or something, they said), and Peter's brother will be back (but Elle might not return).

I really enjoy this show and I can't wait to see the new eps, but season 2 was kind of sluggish for me. Right when it seemed like everything was picking up (which took forever), the strike hit and we were nailed with a crappy finale. Hopefully season 3 will be much better.

Top Bottom