• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm thinking Season 3 will be pretty good, at least I'm hoping for that. I want to same feeling I got when I watched Season 1. I agree with Pikamon; Season 2 wasn't as good as the first. But I blame the poor ending on the strike, mhm. It could've wrapped up nicely without it. The whole 'Peter - clueless hero... there would be no conflict if he just would figure it out' thing got kinda cliche and annoying, but whatever. It's still the best TV drama I've ever seen. Here's to an awesome new season. *cheers*

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I thought Season 2 ended pretty well but it could have been better. It felt like a connection between 1 and 3 instead of a season itself. I'm just happy Sylar is back to normal cause I missed him *cries*

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the bump, couldn't find this.

Heroes is totally awesome. The plot, characters and cast is just pwnsome especially Hiro. I was disappointed in the writer's strike delayed it almost a full year, but it'll be back in September. I'm so looking forward to Season 3.

Also..
Today is a good day to rejoice, because in an interview with Milo Ventimiglia, the guy who plays Peter, says that filming of the third season will begin....today, May 1st. And also the "Save the Cheerleader Save the World" will be the main theme through out the plot of season 3.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Season 3 looks incredibly promising. I'm really excited. I love Sylar, I just think they did a poor job of showing him as the troubled pyscho that he really is in S1. They did the whole
accidental mom-kill
scene wrong, im my opinion; if it had been more effective, he would be that much more appealing. I'm glad to see that he gets his spot back as villain instead of excuse. Also, Peter is going to be pissy pissy after what happened at the end of S2.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world" round 2 is going to be interesting.

also, I want my invisible man back.

edit: and i cant wait to see how my favorite character, Matt, progresses. We left him extremely troubled as well, with his newfound abilities.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Season 3 looks incredibly promising. I'm really excited. I love Sylar, I just think they did a poor job of showing him as the troubled pyscho that he really is in S1. They did the whole
accidental mom-kill
scene wrong, im my opinion; if it had been more effective, he would be that much more appealing. I'm glad to see that he gets his spot back as villain instead of excuse. Also, Peter is going to be pissy pissy after what happened at the end of S2.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world" round 2 is going to be interesting.

also, I want my invisible man back.

edit: and i cant wait to see how my favorite character, Matt, progresses. We left him extremely troubled as well, with his newfound abilities.
hell yeah. he used to be the doctor!

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
We're just getting season 2 here so I can't afford to read back along this thread for fear of spoilers, but I'd just like to congratulate Heroes for featuring the most cringeworthy, unauthentic, comically horrible Irish accents EVER.

EVER.

Honesty, do you guys really believe we all sound like that?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I thought it was supposed to be season 2 vol. 2? Not season 3?

Weird.

Looking forward to the 3 hour premiere though. :"}

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Actually yes, it was supposed to be season 2 vol 2, but unfortunately the show had to be halted because of a writer's strike. The season was cut short. This strike forced them to stop vol 2, and so they changed it to sea. 3 which will air in sept in NA. Europe is only in their 2nd season.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Is that the three hour premier this fall? for the third season. Wow this thread has been here since 06'? Been watching Heroes since the second season, taped most of it and watched the first season on DVD.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Heroes left A LOT of stuff out in season 2 due to the writer's strike, so I'm wondering, will they ever air those missing episodes? I think they should fill those episodes in before going into season 3.

Muzga

Smash Ace
has anyone considered that mama petrelli's power could be dreaming the future? it happened to peter a few times in the first season. it would explain how he knew nathan had an accident in the past, and how he knew he was going to be the bomb.

im curious as to whether all of the "original 12" have powers.
And arthur petrelli too, maybe the whole suicide thing will finally be explained,
my guess is maury killed arthur petrelli, would explain suicide because of what happened to angela
thoughts anyone?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
3 hour premiere???? How am I gonna make time for that :( I know I will be able to anyway. I'll do it for my Clair-bear.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Heroes left A LOT of stuff out in season 2 due to the writer's strike, so I'm wondering, will they ever air those missing episodes? I think they should fill those episodes in before going into season 3.
The season 3 episodes ARE the missing episodes, Villians was originally supposed to be aired as a part of season 2 but the writers strike prevented it.

And an hour of the three hour premier is just a recap of the first two seasons.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Actually, the Shanti virus was supposed to be released at the end of Vol 2, which would lead into a short story arc in between Generations and Villains

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
sugarpoultry and I are watching season 1 right now (it was on sale at Target for $19). We plan on purchasing season 2 (it will cost $25 at major retailers) to prepare to watching season 3.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i like to remember that any power Mama Petrelli has... PETER HAS TOO =3 power empath for the win

Muzga

Smash Ace
did anyone here catch the heroes webisodes?
you might want to because theyre probably going to introduce some webisode characters into the show.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
So the Heroes premiere was yesterday and I think I need to watch it twice just to wrap my head around everything that happened.

No hard feelings, this thread was too epic to let it die.

Does anyone really think any of the Heroes will turn evil? And I don't mean in those largely useless future flashes but for reals. I could almost see Claire going with Sylar..almost. And of course Hiro isn't looking like such a nice guy this season.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm wondering about Hiro too. Of course we all know he went into the future and saw
Ando kill him, but maybe Ando is the good guy and Hiro is bein bad

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm wondering if Peter will truly clean up his mess or not. Sylar is virtually indestructible now, so, that'll cause serious problems. My gut feeling tells me Sylar will pull a 180 at some point in this volume.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm wondering about Hiro too. Of course we all know he went into the future and saw
Ando kill him, but maybe Ando is the good guy and Hiro is bein bad
You have to remember that
the future that they see is not always the future that will come true, ie butterfly effect.

Matt Parkman is my favorite hero and I cannot wait to see how he effects these next two volumes (I heard this season is going to be Volume 3 and Volume 4). And I hate Maya and want her to die plzkthx. The
Nikki Sanders plot arc had better not be ********, because once D.L. died I've regarded her as waste.
And I LOVE what is happening to Nathan
with his religious experience, his new senatorial seat, and Linderman.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Matt and Hiro are my favorite. I mean come on, who doesn't love Hiro.

Agreed on the Niki thing, it's just getting ridiculous about her personalities now and it better lead to something more important to the story or it's just plain annoying and useless.

I wonder what will happen with Micah this time around. I mean, the past two seasons he's just kind of..been there. Never done anything.

Would be nice to see Monica be more useful then Princess Peach as well.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i still called it!:D
Im sure theres more to it then that:p
there has to be!

*hopes and dreams crushed*
Still, looks like adams gonna be back this season (if mama petrelli's dream comes true):p
To me it seems a little soon to bring him back

I actually prefer it without monica/micah. It lets me focus more on the plot and the action of the characters i care about. monica's storyline made season 2 very dragonball Zish like that.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Just watched the episodes,
I was so relieved when Elle didn't get killed, she's one of my favs.
And are there any web episodes? Can someone tell me?

As for those who want maya dead, maya>monica imo.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm very curious now as to how exactly Sylar acquires new abilities. Given the evidence from volume 3, it would seem that Sylar only needs to see/feel something in people's heads.

Muzga

Smash Ace
well, since sylars power is figuring out how things work, id assume he looks at their brains and firure out how their brains do it. his brain then adapts and he becomes able to use their powers.

Top Bottom