• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I really think the show could run into problems with Peter. He has been around all of the escaped level 5's and pretty much every hero on the show! He can't die, because he has Claire's immortality, as if he would even get hurt (Flight, time stopping, Telekineses, etc.). It is basically impossible for him to lose a fight, because he can have the power of any hero that attacks him. He's too broken. Way too broken.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I wonder if he could ever absorb the Haitian's power. I'm leaning towards no: the Haitian almost always has his power activated.

Frames

DI
I wonder if he could ever absorb the Haitian's power. I'm leaning towards no: the Haitian almost always has his power activated.
ah, but we did find out that when the haitian is knocked out his power doesn't work, so technically if he was knocked out sylar could absorb it

what i really wanna know though is if by absorbing the haitians powers he would block all of his other powers at the same time, thus ending his reign of terror/company work

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Why do they keep saying that regeneration = immortality? I thought it was made clear in season 1 that a shot/stab to the head stops the healing. From there, obliterating their body sounds plenty plausible (since removing the weapon/projectile brings them back to life, apparently).

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think it's a plothole they didn't realize they would have until now. That or whoever siad they needed to get shot in the head was lying: Adam took on thousands of samurai and I swear at least one of them would have hit him in the head.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I dunno. Unless the writers have some far-fetched explanation, I think regenerating heroes can die. Stab them in the brain, and proceed to obliterate the rest of their bodies. Otherwise, the world is screwed with Sylar walking around.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I love the Killers, what's going on with NBC that would make you quit watching?

Also, this trusting fools are getting on my nerves. Seriously, even when Mrs.P was talking with Sylar you could hear the wheels turning in his head. This whole 'Sylar in a apron' thing had better not turn out to be more filler.
NBC took their signal off air for Time Warner. It's not that I choose not to watch it, I simply can't because there is nothing on XD surely I am not the only one here with Time Warner?

As for the regenerating thing, what if Mohinders new drug can be injected to the regenerating heroes to take away their abilities? Anyone think of that? Because that could be why they decided to let Mohinder instantly discover this in a 5 minute conversation with Maya when he's been researching it his ENTIRE life.

I don't think Sylar meant Claire was entirely immortal when he said she couldn't die.

Nite

Smash Champion
Didn't notice it at first, but in the future where Ando had powers, I would think that the formula was released at least to him. Kinda like when Mohinder injected himself and got powers.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Well it's Monday, new episode of Heroes tonight and I am still left without NBC thanks to their ridiculous argument with Time Warner.

Hopefully the website will have the new episode up as soon as it airs so I won't have to wait to see it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I dunno. Unless the writers have some far-fetched explanation, I think regenerating heroes can die. Stab them in the brain, and proceed to obliterate the rest of their bodies. Otherwise, the world is screwed with Sylar walking around.
I'm pretty sure that nobody could escape from what Hiro did to Adam unless someone intentionally saved them.

Also, Sylar has been telling Claire that she simply cannot die, which is where I believe a lot of the debate comes from. Earlier, Peter/Claire could die if they were just physically restricted from healing themselves. But since everyones powers are evolving (Matt making people think certain things and creating images in their heads, Claire no longer feeling pain at all) maybe she will not be able to die at all.

If the Sylar in the Bennet household thing ends being lame, I'll be pissed. Peter should show up and then go APE**** on Sylar.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Holy crap GAISE! I just read the description of tonights episode on NBC.com (patiently waiting for the episode to be put on the site) and it says Hiro and Ando release Adam Monroe from the coffin, thats how he escapes.

"After allowing Angela's half of "the formula" to be stolen, Hiro) and Ando ) set out to uncover the identity of the Villain who hired Daphne by consulting with the person who knows the Villains best... Adam Monroe"

Unfortunately I can't watch the episode on NBC, so I have to catch it on G4 tomorrow or hope the episode is put on NBC's site before then. I really hope Time Warner and NBC work this out soon, it's ridiculous.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I just realized that Hiro Nakamura is the name of one of the Pokemon programmers (I believe he's worked on all of them. Check the credits.)

That blew my mind.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
They showed the back of a "surprise reunion" character, the back of his head, and we heard his voice. Its probably the guy behind a lot of this, and its probably
Nathan, Peter, and Sylars father, Mr. Petrelli Sr.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Knox survived the nuclear blast...at point blank range...because everyone was scared of Sylar....

Holy ****...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Sooo... I thought Sylar's hunger was for power. Peter doesn't need to saw off people's heads to obtain powers. So, the hunger is for killing? Seeing brains?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Sooo... I thought Sylar's hunger was for power. Peter doesn't need to saw off people's heads to obtain powers. So, the hunger is for killing? Seeing brains?
right, he has a hunger for murder.

also, yes, virgy and I agreed that the reason why future Knox survived the nuclear explosion was because everyone was piss afraid of Sylar.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wait, if the hunger is for murder, then why did Sylar only target people with abilities? It would have been much easier to just attack some random person.

I think the hunger is to understand how the powers themselves work. You can't tell from just watching them be used, but maybe when you can get inside their head you can see how it works (kind of like how Peter had to open the watch to see the gears)

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ok I just finished watching the new episode on NBC's website. And I have to say it may have been the most Sik Intense episode of Heroes ever. Sylar was like *BOOM* and Peter was like *BOOM* and Daphne was like *BOOM* and Claire was like *BOOM* and Hiro was like *BOOM*

In all seriousness I thought it was a great episode. With a lot of revelations of the future :O
Like Sylar has a kid but he doesn't live long enough for us to care about him but then he gets mad and blows up (didn't know he had that power) and somehow Claire and Other Guy manage to live but Daphne the fastest hedgehog alive can't get away and Peter lives too. But then KILLS HIS BROTHER (again). I like how most of the episode was Matt's dream about the future, and the rest was Hiro and Ando failing hard. And then of course Adam coming back and using profane language not suitable for Primetime. And Molly was just there to get everyone killed in an explosion.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
of course Sylar had the boom boom power, he and peter have had it since season one :o he flipped an armored truck to get that ****er LOL

in all honesty i bet knox lived because Claire saved him and Daphne wasn't anywhere to be saved because she tried to run from it.

my brother said that Knox didnt live, and I'm confusing him with the Haitian. i dont remember, but the Haitian is a badass.

Nite

Smash Champion
The haitian is indeed a badass. One of my favorite characters, but they don't show enough of him.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Knox lived, he was showed briefly after the explosion in the base. The Haitian was there later but Knox did survive. I just loved it when Ando saw the Haitian when he was helping Hiro escape, simply classic.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hatian for top tier
Dude, Hatian would be so broken in smash. If I played the Haitian, my opponents would just complain, "WTF??? My B button doesn't work! HAX!"

Eat that, Meta Knight.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Puppet master is a interesting villian, for a second I thought the was going to be the "one" since they said "someone is pulling our strings/or something similiar" about 5 times in the last few episodes.

Oh, too bad the only person who could kill Sylar killed himself. :,(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah, virgy and i both agreed that we really liked the vortex guy.

Has anyone else noticed how many powers this season is taking from Super Heroes? LOL

1.) vortex guy
2.) puppet guy
3.) lizard man

I'm very glad to see Daphne about to meet Matt. Daphne is definitely my favorite addition to Heroes this season, and I've always loved Matt. And his Dad is back.... oooh ****. And Mr. Petrelli is balls to the wall scary.

I like the idea of the Puppet Master, but I can't tell if he is working for Mr. Petrelli or if he is just weird.

I think Hiro made a big mistake killing Ando without reassuring him that he will go back in time and save him or something. I feel bad for the characters, but I guess that just means its a pretty good plot move.

LOL I SERIOUSLY HOPE MAYA IS ****ING DEAD. Of course, everything Mohinder ever does is always retconned. He has the chance to kill Sylar? Naw, he doesn't do it. He shoots HRG in the face and kills him? Naw, they use Claire's blood to make that whole climactic moment meaningless. He's a lizard man and he ****ing kills Maya? Please dear god, I don't care if you unlizard-ize him, but keep Maya dead.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Haitian could **** Sylar. Sylar doesn't do any training without powers. And its not like you can really punch the Haitian... getting in close means risking he takes your memory.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I like how everyone here uses spoilers, especially how I can't see the episodes until Tuesdays because NBC took their signal off Time Warner.

No, no it's my fault I shouldn't come on if I don't want to see spoilers, and I don't care for seeing spoilers anyway. The new one sounds interesting, I'll watch it tonight :O Or on NBC.com.

Anyway, I hate Daphne. She has a stupid name for her power, her haircut makes me want to throw up, and I hate they way she moves like a Power Ranger whenever she stops running. You've all seen it, she leans forward and puts her arms back. I don't why I just hate the way it looks.

Matt hooks up with an 18 year old AND has a kid? Which means he must have gotten her pregnant early into her 18th year of birth, or when she was 17? What a sicko.

Puddin

Smash Lord
HRG KILLS PETER

spoilers? what?
Haha, I don't mind spoilers really, I can understand why others might but I don't.

Unless it was for a book, because then it just ruins reading it altogether which obviously takes more of an effort than just sitting down and watching something.

P.S. I want Peter dead anyway

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I really liked this epsiode. There wasn't a lot of annoying scenes, we've seen that even someone like Adam can die and there's even a reason to watch future episodes. I really want to see how long it takes Peter to get his powers back, this is only the 6th epsiode and I can't imagine him being without them for the rest of the season.

Where does it say that Daphne is 17? I also like how she sees what Mohinder is going and promptly leaves everyone there to fend for themselves.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I really liked this epsiode. There wasn't a lot of annoying scenes, we've seen that even someone like Adam can die and there's even a reason to watch future episodes. I really want to see how long it takes Peter to get his powers back, this is only the 6th epsiode and I can't imagine him being without them for the rest of the season.

Where does it say that Daphne is 17? I also like how she sees what Mohinder is going and promptly leaves everyone there to fend for themselves.
When she first meets Hiro she tells him she is 14, when she steals the formula from him. And four years later, obviously she is 18 AND married to Matt WITH a baby. Matt is either a player or a bit of a pedo.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So, at first, when I saw Mr. Petrelli touch Adam Monroe, I thought it was Mr. Petrelli who disintegrated Adam (on top of stealing his power). Then it dawned on me: Adam is super old (hundreds of years). Without healing to support him, he rapidly aged until he turned to dust.

Top Bottom