• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The way he just snapped off Matt's dad's neck.

He's cold and ruthless. I like it, and it's a better vibe from Sylar's creepy "I will chop off your head" serial killer feeling.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I swear, every other line of Knox's is "You're scared" or "I can feel your fear". SOme one give the guy some better lines, please.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I swear, every other line of Knox's is "You're scared" or "I can feel your fear". SOme one give the guy some better lines, please.
LOl, totally agree.

Also, what do you guys think is the difference between Meredith's flame and Flint's flame? Besides the color.

Puddin

Smash Lord
NCB sucks *** and so does SNL for taking Heros slot =\

Obviously the difference can be seen in the common comparison of Mario and Luigi. Meredith is clearly a more important character, being Claire's biological mother she plays a bigger roll; thus has red flames.

Flint is a side character, no better then any other background character. But he has powers that do nothing; thus he has the dieing green flames of a forgotten idol.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
LOl, totally agree.

Also, what do you guys think is the difference between Meredith's flame and Flint's flame? Besides the color.
From a scientific standpoint, blue flames are at a significantly higher temperature than red or orange ones. I'm assuming that is the same in this case.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Aye, I doubt Merideth could ignite her entire arms in flame like Flint can. He is Level 5 material and she isnt.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
So Meredith and Flint are siblings. Now it makes a bit of sense for the similar powers.

Linderman's actions in the past confuse me. He didn't want Nathan to investigate into the company to find his father having a hand in everything, and yet when it came down to it, he assisted in trying to kill Arthur instead.

We also find that Arthur's original powers come from the same powers as the Parkman's? Maybe not so much mind reading as it is mind control? If so, where does the power of absorbing other people's powers come from?

LOL at the Sylar and Elle pairing.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think it's implied that Arthur stole the mind reading/planting power from some one and had been using it since. He just had to wait until he could find a regenerating man (Adam) until he could come back to normal.

Also, I really think Elle is the mother of Sylar's kid in the future. Has to be.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Oh, they also mentioned that Sylar has the ability to transfer powers from one power to another.

Does that mean that Sylar can give his powers to other people? Like giving Claire some powers that he knows and understands, and naturally she'd survive because of her regenerating ability?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think HRG meant that he could actually take some one elses power ala looking at their brain. Since I'm assuming most heroes have powers that just relate to them, they are kind of isolated but Sylar can jump between them and take it. Well, at least that's how I interpreted it :p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I really hate flashback episodes. I don't mind brief glimpses into characters' histories, but I hate having whole episodes dedicated to the past.

Puddin

Smash Lord
But it was extremely important to the story to know how Mr. Petrelli got into his potato state. The only interesting thing in the entire episode was
Future Gandhi having his head blown off

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't get why daddy petrelli used his power to "convince" angela that nathan had to be killed, but didn't just use his power to "convince" nathan to quit pressing on linderman

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
But it was extremely important to the story to know how Mr. Petrelli got into his potato state. The only interesting thing in the entire episode was
Future Gandhi having his head blown off
Of course it was important. It doesn't make it any less boring.

Puddin

Smash Lord
lol. Actually Buzz I could have cared less as to how Petrelli became a potato, it helps us understand that he is obviously out for revenge against Mrs. Petrelli and apparently his son. Mr. Petrelli is a bad lawyer though, he has to resort to violence to win a case :ohwell:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not to fond of the flashback episodes, and I hate it when they have to return back in time to see how sylar became a villain... for like the 3rd time...

The only good part was the ending
When Mr petrelli started absorbing Hiros power at that point I was like WTF?!!!?!?!, but with the whole eclipse thing, I bet guys like hiro and peter will get their powers back, and claire will finally feel pain so she can stop *****ing about that, seriously id KILL for the no pain power...

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
i don't get why daddy petrelli used his power to "convince" angela that nathan had to be killed, but didn't just use his power to "convince" nathan to quit pressing on linderman
This, unless we conclude that Arthur doesn't want to use his powers on his son for an unknown reason.

Not to fond of the flashback episodes, and I hate it when they have to return back in time to see how sylar became a villain... for like the 3rd time...
Actually, I felt that this was to show Elle had a connection with Sylar.

Also, Sylar now has a Reigan. (Spirit Gun) Gogo Yuu Yuu Hakusho.

pockyD

Smash Legend
random pre-existing connections are a lot of fun

...but they're a lot less fun when it's clear that they had not been planned along, and were just shoehorned in there later

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
So now Claire has 1 dumb/villain uncle, two good/evil uncles... WHAT'S GOING ON????

And why did Usutu have to die? He was cool.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
We'll he's killed dozens of people. No worries though, one less emo we have to worry about. :p

Also, I'm suing NBC for stealing my power.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Well his telekinesis is his most useful power. It's no surprise he'd only use that.

Doesn't he have super hearing now too? I thought they could exploit some of the weaknesses Sylar's powers have.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
He used his hearing power to over hear HRG telling Canfield (Black Hole guy) to kill Sylar in exchange for his freedom. Other than that, he really hasn't used it.

And I definitely called Sylar x Elle. She is his baby's momma.

pockyD

Smash Legend
they said he lost most of his powers with the stupid virus garbage, which really doesn't make much sense (why would he only keep telekinesis, since that wasn't even his original power? and why does he explode/paint in the future?), but that's what they said =\

as usual, if you think too hard about heroes (really: think at all), it becomes less fun

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Heroes, in many regards, is like a soap opera with super powers. Even if you have a willful suspension of disbelief on the idea of people having powers, there are still many things that just don't make sense. But I'm not looking at Heroes to be the next Battlestar Galactica or LOST; it's just an entertaining show. Don't need to look much farther beyond that.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
That is unfortunate because Heroes had so much potential.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ando trying to be useful? At first I was like :O but then I was like =\

Did anyone else notice how friggin high he jumped? Like he had the strap around his body to lift him up for the telekinesis before he was actually affected by it.

JESUS! Sylar got owned.

Hiro is ten, I guess it's not all bad.

Top Bottom