• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So, at first, when I saw Mr. Petrelli touch Adam Monroe, I thought it was Mr. Petrelli who disintegrated Adam (on top of stealing his power). Then it dawned on me: Adam is super old (hundreds of years). Without healing to support him, he rapidly aged until he turned to dust.
My friend and I compared it to drinking from the fake Holy Grail in Indiana Jones. I actually really liked this episode: there weren't as many cheesy dynamics going on (I don't like Mohinder's story line but I think Nathan and Tracy will deal with that one). Puppeteer Man was actually well done and they definitely established Arthur Petrelli as the main force to be reckoned with. Daphne is also quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes and I actually enjoyed Hiro and Ando's goofy little expedition to find teh African Precog guy.

I think it was the best episode of the season thus far. And Elle is returning for the next episode! Yay!

Frames

DI
When she first meets Hiro she tells him she is 14, when she steals the formula from him. And four years later, obviously she is 18 AND married to Matt WITH a baby. Matt is either a player or a bit of a pedo.
14? ugh gimme a break NO girl looks like that at 14

sad what these tv people try and make us believe

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm a little more concerned as to why Molly hasn't aged in those four years.

I'm really liking this season so far, though, but killing off Adam Monroe so easily like that. Sheesh. I get scared for Claire.

pockyD

Smash Legend
such a guilty pleasure x.x

makes no sense and is objectively a pretty bad show imo, but is certainly addicting to watch -_-

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm just wondering why Sylar didn't heal Peter started pounding away on him. He shouldn't have passed out and let Peter drag him to the table and drug him.

And I bet Peter will need to have his "genes manipulated" to get a new power to fight Pops. Speaking of Pops, one has to wonder who made him a vegetable. But...he has regenerative powers now and flight and time and electricity and the hunger to start killing people. Some one needs to get in touch with the Haitian and fast.

pockyD

Smash Legend
...and he has peter's version of power absorption thing too, so that gives him everything from all of his goonies (daddy parkman x.x), and from anyone he will ever encounter, minus the haitian =\

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
So Arthur Petrelli = Broken

But Haitian = Broken against super powers

I'm sure someone can just take a gun and shoot him down easy. What I like to wonder is if he can surpress his powers to allow other heroes to use theirs, or if it's just a constant aura around him.

pockyD

Smash Legend
nathan flew away from the haitian in S1, so yes

haitian isn't that broken; someone could just carry a gun and shoot him -_-

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I think that's important. African precog mentions that Hiro was a little too dependent on his powers rather than using his head. This might come out to be more significant than it showed.

pockyD

Smash Legend
of course, hiro could have just frozen time instead of muttering to himself when he realized what was about to happen x.x

edit: also, there's no reason mr african isaac wouldn't foresee hiro and ando waiting behind a rock

it was a contrived lesson, if anything

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So, at first, when I saw Mr. Petrelli touch Adam Monroe, I thought it was Mr. Petrelli who disintegrated Adam (on top of stealing his power). Then it dawned on me: Adam is super old (hundreds of years). Without healing to support him, he rapidly aged until he turned to dust.
They've explained that Hottie Adam's immortality works by constantly regenerating his cells; if Adam loses this power he should just begin to age normally. The reason we get old is because our cells start dying faster than we can grow them, right? Adam's cells were dying and regenerating in equilibrium, so he didn't age, as per Angela's explanation. If he loses his power, why does he immediately wither, as opposed to his cells resuming normal functions?

I really just want him to grace my TV again with his accent.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
They've explained that Hottie Adam's immortality works by constantly regenerating his cells; if Adam loses this power he should just begin to age normally. The reason we get old is because our cells start dying faster than we can grow them, right? Adam's cells were dying and regenerating in equilibrium, so he didn't age, as per Angela's explanation. If he loses his power, why does he immediately wither, as opposed to his cells resuming normal functions?

I really just want him to grace my TV again with his accent.
I agree with your "scientific" explanation, but I just don't see Mr. Petrelli having some random disintegration ability. Heroes seems to operate off that illogical "if we kill the bad guy, all the good guys magically recover from their injuries" mantra (in the terrible Aladdin sequel, Return of Jafar, the magic carpet magically came back to life simply by killing Jafar; I sorta sense that kind of logic at work in Heroes). Adam lost his powers; suddenly, his body had to play "catchup".

I dunno. I could be proven wrong in the near future, but I think Adam just aged spontaneously.

pockyD

Smash Legend
like 10 times an episode, something doesn't really make sense; no surprise there -_-

but still we can't stop watching O_o

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I agree with your "scientific" explanation, but I just don't see Mr. Petrelli having some random disintegration ability. Heroes seems to operate off that illogical "if we kill the bad guy, all the good guys magically recover from their injuries" mantra (in the terrible Aladdin sequel, Return of Jafar, the magic carpet magically came back to life simply by killing Jafar; I sorta sense that kind of logic at work in Heroes). Adam lost his powers; suddenly, his body had to play "catchup".

I dunno. I could be proven wrong in the near future, but I think Adam just aged spontaneously.
So when Papa Petrelli gets his *** vanquished by Mama P and her playboy posse, Adam will reassemble to be adorable and British?

Based on Disney logic.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Just finished watching it on G4. Good episode, Hiro probably has a bit of brain damage now though:dizzy:.

I don't know why I need to care about Mohinders story at all right now, it's just boring to me.

And Claire pulled a fast one on Mr. Disgusting Puppet Man. Who is disgusting and does birthdays. Level 5 villain indeed.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
so When Papa Petrelli Gets His *** Vanquished By Mama P And Her Playboy Posse, Adam Will Reassemble To Be Adorable And British?

Based On Disney Logic.
Yayuhzz!!!!!!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol Buzz got hit by the caps lock filter.

DoH, we could probably all get together and come up with 50 times when Heroes has contradicted itself. =/ you sometimes have to put its logic aside and just ooooh and aaaah at the show.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Also Hiro should not have been able to freeze Daphne. But who cares!? This was probably the best epsiode of the season.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Also Hiro should not have been able to freeze Daphne. But who cares!? This was probably the best epsiode of the season.
Don't think he froze her. He went back in time, which is different. She moves really fast, but she can't follow him when he reverses time.

And, yeah, this is one of those guilty pleasure shows for me too. It has so many flaws, but it's fun to watch. Of course, it's fun because it gets a number of things right, too.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
why exactly can't he freeze daphne anyway?

just because he didn't that one time doesn't mean he can't
Well, it was stated in the show. Until there's reason to believe otherwise, I'm inclined to believe what the characters in the show said. Furthermore, there are times when he's encountered Daphne and freezing her would have been useful to him, but he hasn't done it.

The reason given in the show is that he doesn't actually freeze time, just slows it to even less than a crawl. Since Daphne's moving so fast all the time, he can only slow her down to normal speed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
the explanation would be that daphne was not moving at super speed at that moment, as she saw no reason to use her power then, so hiro caught her off guard and she wasn't able to perceive his movements.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Just finished watching it on G4. Good episode, Hiro probably has a bit of brain damage now though:dizzy:.
I loved those scenes where he got hit. One of the few parts where I literally Lol'ed

I don't know why I need to care about Mohinders story at all right now, it's just boring to me.
Yeah, Suresh has gotten to the point where he is expendable to me.

And Claire pulled a fast one on Mr. Disgusting Puppet Man. Who is disgusting and does birthdays. Level 5 villain indeed.
Well, I thought he was good while he lasted :)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I mean, Mohinder's story sucks, but it still ties pretty significantly to the whole "formula" thing. I did like the fact that he turned into Spider-Man. Maybe if he started web slinging.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suck. I missed all of Season 2 and now I'm missing s3 too.

Season 1 kicked *** though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Well, it was stated in the show. Until there's reason to believe otherwise, I'm inclined to believe what the characters in the show said. Furthermore, there are times when he's encountered Daphne and freezing her would have been useful to him, but he hasn't done it.

The reason given in the show is that he doesn't actually freeze time, just slows it to even less than a crawl. Since Daphne's moving so fast all the time, he can only slow her down to normal speed.
when did they explain this?

i seem to remember at their first encounter (right after she ganks the formula), hiro freezes, catches up to her, and she's in frozen pose for a little bit before flinching out and starting to talk... was that just for show?

even if he can only slow it drastically (which doesn't really make sense), in practice, given that hiro can reverse time (unless he was just "bending space" to move the second hand on his clock backwards :laugh: ), he could just resonate time back and forth in a microscopic interval and effectively freeze stuff

just standard heroes nonsense... it's not really that fun analyze it because it unravels so easily

smashbot226

Smash Master
Heh, just wait, we'll be calling him "Evil" soon enough...
Or at least if the alternate future does in fact occur.

And IDK about you guys, but I think Knox isn't as important as he should be...

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I can bet anything that this episode tonight will be the last before they take a big break like in season 1

pockyD

Smash Legend
no, it's not

there's no reason to guess on something like this; episode air dates are generally well-defined in advance (special circumstances like the writers' strike last year can obviously have an effect)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Mohinder's pissing me off more than usual

Claire's pissing me off more than usual

Hiro's pissing me off more than usual

Peter's really pissing me off more than usual

Bennot's still the man

Sylar is always cool as usual, even when he's getting b!tched

And I'm UBER pissed they killed Adam. His dressing style was awesome and I was planning on copying it.

Top Bottom