• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Puddin

Smash Lord
This was an okay episode, better then most this season. Oh well, at least the preview for next weeks looks good.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Yeah, I bet 5 bucks that Sylar wouldn't kill Elle in the torture room. And the end of that scene was pretty cheesy, but the beginning was really good, me thinks. Also, Matt's venture into Mama Petrelli's mind was very well done.

I actually liked the episode.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I have a theory about Sylar's still developing powers.

As we all know, he takes people's abilities. This is usually done by cutting of the top of their head and exposing the brain, thus killing the victim. BUT! I noticed that when he took Claire's power, she didn't die. And after Sylar took her ability, her sense of pain is gone. Also, when Sylar obtains Elle's power, while not killing her, the pain from her electric shocks go away. Cooincedence? I THINK NOT!!!

Me thinks something is up.

Puddin

Smash Lord
You mean that when the immortal got her head cut open she didn't die?!?! Oh wait IMMORTAL. The fact that she lived without pain is probably just the writers being lazy and unwilling to explain it, as with most of the things in this show.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I feel like we're back in that loop where nothing really happens each episode. I can't wait to purchase this season and just watch the episodes one after another.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ehh you've seen the first season, correct? Isaac the future painter made the comics. That's how.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The comic is one of the first things Hiro finds when he first teleports to New York, and its why he went to look for Isaac.

That was like.. the second or third episode?

pockyD

Smash Legend
huh? you missed the whole hiro thing with the sword and dragon?

edit: yeah, and what woz said (it has him like staring at the clock and manipulating time or something)

pockyD

Smash Legend
maybe mr african isaac draws comics on the side

or maybe mr real isaac drew a ton and they are still publishing them on a regular schedule

or maybe the people behind heroes don't really care about consistency and just want to reuse this plot device =\

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe Isaac's not dead... I hope so... he was one of the big reasons why I like season one the most

pockyD

Smash Legend
he looked pretty **** dead to me

him being alive would probably jump right to the top of the "dumb things that happened in heroes" list

Puddin

Smash Lord
There must be a reason for everyone to be related...

Merediths story is a bit too soap opera-ish for me though. Criminal lady with her criminal brother get caught and criminal lady learns from her mistakes and births the savior of the world. Seriously? What the ****?

pockyD

Smash Legend
she had already birthed the "savior of the world" (or so we're led to believe) long before they were holding up convenience stores

pockyD

Smash Legend
what did she learn from her mistakes?

plus, her story is maddeningly inconsistent anyway... in the recent flashback episode, it shows how angry she was that she thought the company was responsible for the death of her daughter, but in season 1, when claire showed up, she just extorted some money out of the baby daddy, short changed claire (iirc?), and sent her on her way

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot confusing issues. For example why did Peter think he needed Sylars power to save the world when he went to the future? And another thing how did Kensei die when supposedly Mr. Petrelli only takes your powers? Even though I doubt think immortality is power, rather a mutation of sorts.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
It's been answered already but:

Peter thought he needed Sylar's powers because future Mohinder told him so, I think? Or was it future Peter? God, it was future someone.

And Adam Monroe died because his body caught up to his age, which is what his powers prevented from happening.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Future peter told present peter to get future sylar's powers. They made a big deal about him having it and not being able to control the hunger. And now his pop's has it and that whole plot is dropped. =[. Darnit.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh right, I totally forgot about Future Peter because he sucked and is dead. Remember how everyone was like "HOLY **** SPECULATION" when Nathan was shot and now his killer is dead and nobody gives a **** he ever existed. Yeah that's kind of the direction Heroes is taking right now.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, either the writers are running out of ideas or they're pretty much winging it. Then again plot twists left and right is good television.

pockyD

Smash Legend
body catching up to age doesn't really make that much sense, since he would've melted if he had ever been near the haitian (which he would have been during company captivity)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Chalk it up to plot hole.

Or maybe they were careful not to put Haitian near him because they knew what would happen. Obviously, Adam knew about it when Arthur took his powers.

pockyD

Smash Legend
or maybe arthur just has some separate power that he used in conjunction

we've already seen him use a bunch of random stuff like memory wiping, mind control sort of (the 'put a thought' thing), whatever it is that put mama petrelli in a coma, etc.

the "age catching up" to you doesn't make "scientific" sense either, assuming your non-aging stems from cellular regeneration

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
is anyone else bothered by the fact that sylar is becoming like peter. I was always under the impression that they had 2 completely different powers. Sylar's being that he can understand how things work, [the whole idea f fixing watches] and that in order to steal powers he would look into the brain and figure out how the people have powers and do that to himself.

But now just like peter he can just feed off of emotions. That **** pissed me off. Heroes is going the down the drain, it was great in season 1 and had mad potential in season 2 [however there was a writer's strike and they can;t do anything about that]. but now they can redeem themselves and look what they're doing. Also killing off the best character of this season so far [the african] doesn't help things.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm bothered by the fact Peter keeps making those disgusting faces when he's angry.

I think Peter would make a better bad guy than any other person in the entire series.

Top Bottom