• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh right Heroes is on tonight =\

You see I simply stopped watching a few weeks ago. Oh well.

CAKE. single greatest line in the whole series.

And that's sad.

What's this? Hiro is lost in time AGAIN? Interesting Plot Device is INTERESTING!

...False alarm, they solved it with hilarious antics. But at least him having no powers stuck in time will be interesting. Maybe.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I really don't get why everyone trashes S2. I've loved every season...and season 3 is no exception.

Little something I noticed for those of you who hate S2... Every character introduced in S2 is either dead or written out of the show. Even the minor ones like Micha's grandma. S2 apparently doesn't exist in the Heroes world.

Also, Sylar killed Elle for lying to him about Arthur/Angela being his parents. He didn't kill her to take her power. If you note, he didn't take the top of her head off as he would have had in the past.

Season Three Character Update:
Ando saved Hiro from the past and has the "supercharge" power now, while Hiro has none... Role swap!
Angela confessed that she's not Sylar's mom and showed she's smarter than Arthur for not lying to Sylar.
Claire proves that she's fed up with being the damsel in distress. She possibly killed Sylar.
Daphnee saved Hiro with Ando's help.
Flint destroys the Pinehurst lab. Likely still alive as he can't be hurt by flame...right?
Hiro has destroyed the formula, is not trapped in the past, and is now ANDO'S powerless sidekick.
Hatian disappeared after Arthur died...
Matt is just like Noah... He didn't do much.
Mohinder is cured of his skin condition, but no word on any powers that may have manifested through consuming the "formula". Also, he's teamed up with Tracy.
Nathan is the villian of S4...O_o?
Noah is still awesome. Didn't do much this episode though.
Peter has at least one power back; flying. No word on if he has HIS power back or not.
Tracy got PWND by Nathan, and THEN by Hiro. She's on the run now apparently...

Written Out of the Show:
Maya?
Micha?
(Preveiws of the next season suggest that he'll be coming back.)

Deceased...For Now:
Merideth? - She is impervious to flame, but not to collapsing buildings.
Knox - Frozen and shattered by Tracy.
Sylar? - As long as they leave the glass in his head.
Doyle - Overpowered by Sylar on a telekenetic level.
Arthur? - Bullet through the brain from Sylar. He DID take Peter's heal power, who got it from Claire, who has proven to be able to come back to life...twice.
Elle - Killed by Sylar for lying to him.
Usutu? - Beheaded by Arthur. Was that him at the end, or a ghost/vision?
Maury - Neck snapped by Arthur.
Adam - Had his power of regeneration taken from him by Arthur. Without his power, his body aged four hundred years in an instant, turning him into dust.
Bob - Killed by Sylar for his power.

(This list does not include past or future versions of the characters.)

If I missed anyone, please...let me know so I can fix it. Anyone who has appeared in season 3.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
this season finale was pretty much a big "let's wipe the slate clean so we can forget any of this ever happened"

Puddin

Smash Lord
Season Three Character Update:
Ando saved Hiro from the past and has the "supercharge" power now, while Hiro has none... Role swap!
Angela confessed that she's not Sylar's mom and showed she's smarter than Arthur for not lying to Sylar.
Claire proves that she's fed up with being the damsel in distress. She possibly killed Sylar.
Daphnee saved Hiro with Ando's help.
Flint destroys the Pinehurst lab. Likely still alive as he can't be hurt by flame...right?
Hiro has destroyed the formula, is not trapped in the past, and is now ANDO'S powerless sidekick.
Hatian disappeared after Arthur died...
Matt is just like Noah... He didn't do much.
Mohinder is cured of his skin condition, but no word on any powers that may have manifested through consuming the "formula". Also, he's teamed up with Tracy.
Nathan is the villian of S4...O_o?
Noah is still awesome. Didn't do much this episode though.
Peter has at least one power back; flying. No word on if he has HIS power back or not.
Tracy got PWND by Nathan, and THEN by Hiro. She's on the run now apparently...

Written Out of the Show:
Maya?
Micha?
(Preveiws of the next season suggest that he'll be coming back.)

Deceased...For Now:
Merideth? - She is impervious to flame, but not to collapsing buildings.
Knox - Frozen and shattered by Tracy.
Sylar? - As long as they leave the glass in his head.
Doyle - Overpowered by Sylar on a telekenetic level.
Arthur? - Bullet through the brain from Sylar. He DID take Peter's heal power, who got it from Claire, who has proven to be able to come back to life...twice.
Elle - Killed by Sylar for lying to him.
Usutu? - Beheaded by Arthur. Was that him at the end, or a ghost/vision?
Maury - Neck snapped by Arthur.
Adam - Had his power of regeneration taken from him by Arthur. Without his power, his body aged four hundred years in an instant, turning him into dust.
Bob - Killed by Sylar for his power.

(This list does not include past or future versions of the characters.)

If I missed anyone, please...let me know so I can fix it. Anyone who has appeared in season 3
Spoiler tags, learn to use them.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't think anyone would read this thread without expecting to get spoiled; not to mention with the fact that nothing is ever foreshadowed and things happen at random mean spoilers don't really matter

on that note though, does anybody remember the scene at the start of the season where Ando "killed" Hiro with his red lightning? does the new revelation of Ando's power mean that he wasn't actually trying to kill Hiro at that point, but instead charge him up? (<--I'm leaning this way) Or was it just some other manifestation of his power (and some mysterious personality shift) and he did actually want to kill Hiro?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh right Heroes is on tonight =\

You see I simply stopped watching a few weeks ago. Oh well.
It's ironic cause my friend and I stopped watching about 2 weeks. Mojo the channel that I used to watch it on is gone and my friend simply stopped caring for the future of the show.

So is the season over????

Puddin

Smash Lord
i don't think anyone would read this thread without expecting to get spoiled; not to mention with the fact that nothing is ever foreshadowed and things happen at random mean spoilers don't really matter

on that note though, does anybody remember the scene at the start of the season where Ando "killed" Hiro with his red lightning? does the new revelation of Ando's power mean that he wasn't actually trying to kill Hiro at that point, but instead charge him up? (<--I'm leaning this way) Or was it just some other manifestation of his power (and some mysterious personality shift) and he did actually want to kill Hiro?
There's always a chance that someone missed the episode and was going to watch it on a different channel later in the week.

Anyway I'm sure it was just Ando trying to power up Hiro, maybe he did too much and Hiro fell unconscious or something, like he when Hiro saw him in the beginning.

pockyD

Smash Legend
There's always a chance that someone missed the episode and was going to watch it on a different channel later in the week.
don't get me wrong; i don't expect everyone to watch it the day it's on... i don't really expect that many people to even watch it, period... but it's reasonable to expect people NOT to click on a thread devoted to a show that was just on and has new posts and be surprised when they are spoiled

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
don't get me wrong; i don't expect everyone to watch it the day it's on... i don't really expect that many people to even watch it, period... but it's reasonable to expect people NOT to click on a thread devoted to a show that was just on and has new posts and be surprised when they are spoiled
QFT. If you don't want to be spoiled about an episode that already aired, GTFO.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ooooh, volume 4 looks good! Volume 3 was nothing like I expected, but I guess that's a good thing.

Puddin

Smash Lord
What was the point of peter taking Sylar's power in the future!
I er..uhm... shut up!

I'm sure the writers...will....fix..oh who am I kidding. I heard they canned the writers that were apparently making it bad, although that still doesn't explain how Fire+Bullet Hole+Claire-Bear= Broken Level 5 Glass.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I find it hard to believe that HRG's bullet could have penetrated that glass at all, if that is supposed to hold Level 5 villains, villains with power so immense they had to be buried...uh 5 underground (Don't remember how deep level 5 is) and sealed in inescapable container what are the chances one of them didn't have a power that allowed them to have the, say, strength equivalent to that of a speeding bullet?

*Sigh* this show breaks it's own logic!!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
well each one of the containers must be special for each one and this one was heated before he could even try to break the glass with the bullet even then it only cracked it and in a structure a small crack is enough to destroy the thing with another force if its already been damaged before .. :o

Puddin

Smash Lord
well each one of the containers must be special for each one and this one was heated before he could even try to break the glass with the bullet even then it only cracked it and in a structure a small crack is enough to destroy the thing with another force if its already been damaged before .. :o
I doubt each container is made for any one villain before they arrive, new villains arrive at level 5 every day they don't have time to build an entirely new cell and fit it with Anti-Power X Glass when they've got a criminal who could supposedly bring about untold misery, because he is on level 5, waiting for that cell to be made.

They must have some kind of Rent-A-Room thing with an overall indestructible glass. That can be penetrated with a little heat, a bullet, and a 180 pound Cheerleader. Weight is a guess, fact is Claire would have to weigh A LOT to simply throw herself at glass made to contain the lowest scum of the world and break it because of a bullet hole.

Puddin

Smash Lord
you seriously call that little heat ...........

I'm sure the heat had little to do with it, remember when we saw her brother in there? All he did was blast the glass of his cell with fire, it's obviously some kind of fire proof glass.

The writers have already bonked up so much of the reality in this show that it's really not worth going back to something and noting that it made no sense, because it will simply lead to a conclusion that makes even less sense.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm sure the heat had little to do with it, remember when we saw her brother in there? All he did was blast the glass of his cell with fire, it's obviously some kind of fire proof glass.
Let's not forget something kind of important... Flint is a dumb as a mule (and just as stubborn.) It's very likely that he never once thought to super-heat the glass and try shattering it.

well it wasnt his room i still say my different person different type of cell theory is possible :p
Well, of course it's a possibility... Not a strong one, but it still is. ;)

Puddin

Smash Lord
Let's not forget something kind of important... Flint is a dumb as a mule (and just as stubborn.) It's very likely that he never once thought to super-heat the glass and try shattering it.
Wasn't he told he would become an agent as well? Maybe he didn't want to escape :laugh:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
But the special effects are sooooooooo goooooood! Who needs good plot?

Dibs

Smash Lord
What'd suck for Flint is that due to him being so stupid in the head, his quote 'I can't be burnt' really isn't true and said it cause, you know, he's stupid and assumed it, resulting in him dying in a super fire.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else facepalm when daphne walked back inside of herself when she did the time travel thing?

I liked this episode, and I think it's good how they cleaned the whole mess up for a fresh start next season.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I thought it was odd. But it wouldn't have done them any good to have a continuous stream of Daphne's appearing from outside. I assumed it was because Ando was just learning of his power that it was weak or whatever.

I'm suprised that this episode was actually good. The idea of putting Meredith in with Noah was great. Instead of you know, just killing her. And while it didn't last long I liked seeing the puppet master control Sylar. Of course Sylar is more powerful but it was funny while it lasted. Did anyone else think that was Barbara at the end picking up Mohinder? I did until I saw the red dress.

lol @ Puddin. I really don't think Claire weighs 180. Try 110 or something. She wouldn't be a cheerleader if she weighed that much. :p Minor nitpick though, this was not the season finale. Fugitives is still part of season 3 so yeah.

I think the writers actually resolved the whole situation rather nicely. They didn't just erase everything that happened, the events that occured still matter to the characters growth and motivations, and they second volume of the season looks interesting even if already familar to fans of x-men. And we do get to see Obama rounding up people with abilites so that's got to count for something right?

pikamon

Smash Ace
Fugitives could be really good if it's done right. I'm a little worried though, going into Volume 4. I read an article that touched on a few things about the upcoming episodes and one was that Sylar would be teaming up with the guy who goes around and tries to capture the heroes. I think this is ******** (unless they REALLY make it work) seeing as how Sylar is (other Peter) the most powerful and potentially most deadly of the heroes. It just doesn't make sense, but I guess we'll find out if it can work.

I really wish they would do what they did in season 1, which is bring in a few new characters here and there (interesting characters of course. Did anyone else notice that last season there really weren't any new ones besides Peter and Nathan's dad?), and then have them depart for other waters after a few episodes (or die or whatever). Season 1 was great because you had a few interesting people come in and then leave and they were great supporting characters. A huge problem is that the main cast just isn't strong enough on their own so without new characters that are actually cool, the show just drifts along. Season 1 handled this superbly by making use of all the heroes who were getting killed off by sylar (including the radiation guy, the fbi agent, the invisible man, the diner chick hiro falls for, and claire's little buddy who for some reason we never hear from again, possibly because he's now working on Terminator: tSCC). Season 2 even had some nice additions, such as Kensei (imo, the best thing about season 2), but season 3 just had Mr. Petrelli.

Hopefully season/volume 4 will be outstanding. I know a lot of people who have just stopped watching this show now and it's really sad, because it could be great.

PS. I'm just waiting for the last episode when Peter becomes so powerful he evolves into a higher consciousness, stars glowing like the sun, and flies off into space to leave the meager humans behind...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh it returns Monday? Hopefully that break got them thinking straight again, let's try to keep the Soap Opera Surprise Blood Relations at a bare minimum, shall we?

pikamon

Smash Ace
This starts back today. Anyone excited?

IGN posted a review of the first episode and gave it a 7.8/10. That's not too bad considering every episode last season received worse (with the occasional exception).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I am. The previews looked interesting for what its worth. Sadly, I'll be working tonight so I'll have to watch it tommorow.

pikamon

Smash Ace
Yes, it looks like they are setting things up at a reasonable pace and the character development is completely reasonable. I like where all the characters are headed. My only main concern so far is Hiro, though. I don't like that he's lost his abilities. He is the ultimate hero in this saga and it just doesn't feel right to have him as a regular Joe. Hopefully they'll find a way to resolve this quickly.

Also, what's up with Matt? He can suddenly see the future. Why? I'd like this to be explained with more than just "the African guy did it". His dad couldn't do it, so why can Matt? And the other two psychics couldn't read minds, so why can Matt do both?

Other than that, I love the new characters and the potential for where the show is going. Heroes on the run! It's sort of like LOST but with Heroes or something...

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Peter can only have one ability at a time now?

Top Bottom