• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
the "age catching up" to you doesn't make "scientific" sense either, assuming your non-aging stems from cellular regeneration
I want to say that his regeneration is constantly fighting off increased aging (i.e. he is constantly 500 years old but his cells snap back in line), but with the trailer showing Claire being shot without her powers during the next episode and not being affected by any other previous injury, it falls flat.

So yeah, I believe it's a little plot hole. But then again, it is a show about superheroes :laugh:

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Frankly, Heroes has been awful lately.

The first season wasn't the best show I've ever seen, but it was fun to watch and internally consistent. The second season was paced like crap, but at least the story still mostly made sense.

This third season is just ridiculous. They're using dues ex machinas up the wazoo, changing already established plot points, and creating seemingly huge "twists" only to have the effects of that twist almost entirely undone within the next few episodes. This is not the kind of stuff that makes me want to keep watching.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I want to say that his regeneration is constantly fighting off increased aging (i.e. he is constantly 500 years old but his cells snap back in line), but with the trailer showing Claire being shot without her powers during the next episode and not being affected by any other previous injury, it falls flat.

So yeah, I believe it's a little plot hole. But then again, it is a show about superheroes :laugh:
Would that not be hilarious to see Claire lose her powers and all of a sudden have her toes fall off, her chest cut open, a gaping hole opening her neck, and all her bones simultaneously breaking.

Honestly, it would be best for the annoying plot device to go away.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I promise you: they will not kill off claire.
She is by far too much of a central character for them to get rid of her.

Puddin

Smash Lord
That reminds me...

HI I'M MICAH AND MY STORY WAS FORGOTTEN BY THE WRITERS WHEN THEY WERE BUSY MAKING EVERYONE RELATED :D

Oh wow, I'm eating. Thanks for showing that beautiful image of Mohinder cover in his own snot.

Really though, where is Micah? They made such a big deal about him in that interactive online stuff. Which is a big reason the show was so popular. Oh well.

Lazy Writing is lazy.

Did anyone notice that Matt didn't understand a word of Japanese until Hiro said "Please don't hurt me?" It seems a bit odd to me that he would know a single phrase of Japanese but nothing else.

Haha! Sylar expresses his thoughts about the writing "I use to understand everything, but...nothing makes sense"

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm not sure its because he understood what he said. More like, it's a coincidence his response fit Hiro's.

The preview is kinda cool. I like that everyone's lost its powers because we get to see a more realistic side to the show. The ending twist is also decent.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh really? I'm a bit behind because I paused it to get some food. But as I came back to watch it I lost my appetite as a disgusting pus covered Mohinder had appeared on the screen...

Hmm so HRG is goin Commando now? To stop Sylar and Elle from birthing useless child that kills Sylar? Whatever...

Yes, exciting preview of Claire dieing and them somehow coming back to life because HOORAY Eclipse goes away at last second =\ Well we all know it will happen, one way or another.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I think thats taking it a bit far. season two was more boring, and some characters seemed to solely exist to show tim kring's humanitarian beliefs imo.
At least this time around I'm not bored stupid and wondering why hiro doesnt just return to the present already.

Puddin

Smash Lord
When does Micah get some screen time? Monica who now? Lazy Writing causes characters to be left behind.

And yes, Sylar is a wus. "IT HUUUUUUUUUUUURTS" "It's gonna hurt more if you don't STFU NOOB"

Puddin

Smash Lord
I suppose. I mean, it will be interesting to see why the eclipse takes away their powers and what it has to do with the whole Corona Symbol, which was never really explained...

I still wanna know what happened to Micah. And Monica.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Micah was dropped from the storyline for one of two reasons:

(1) - He (and his whole posse) were terrible characters and were silently removed from the show.

(2) - The writers are holding them back for when they write themselves into a plot corner again; they can use Micah and his posse to come save the day randomly.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Dead mom probably didn't help. Tracy Struass figuring out why she is a clone story was dropped, it lead into Nathan finding his mom and his mom revealing that Sylar is her son which makes no sense. So really, all these odd plot twists are Micah's fault for having a dead mom!

Muzga

Smash Ace
what about angela being sylars mom makes no sense? Does it contradict anything in the show? Micah wasnt that central in season one. in season two micah, monica and niki were part of a plot which to the majority of the audience clearly didnt care about because the writers got enough negative feedback to take them off the show.

At this point it would be detrimental to go back and adress every point theyve missed. It's just easier to enjoy the plot as it is as opposed to makign a fuss over something slight. you dont have to watch the show if you dont like it

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I found the recent episode the best of this season so far. HRG is win, Elle was cool for shooting Claire, 10 years old Hiro > adult Hiro. The shots where everyone was trying to use their power was pretty funny too.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm still convinced that it's Barbara who was in Mama Petrelli's dream about the villians, and not Tracy.

SHE DIDN'T HAVE TEH PEARLS!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
@Michah, it should have been pretty obvious he and his family were being removed from the show. When he had his last scene the narrator says something about learning to say goodbye. They weren't just talking about his mom, it was his goodbye too. That part of the show just wasn't interesting to most viewers and recieved too much negative feedback.

Aaaand I didn't think the last episode was so bad. It had some bad parts but if they can start writing a consitent story instead of reacticing to the "fans" things would be a lot better.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I wanna see where Mohinder goes. He has big things in store for him, big things. We just gotta get him a record deal.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Lawl
its because he has the hunger again,
Maybe he wasnt empathetic towards elle anymore so he had to take her powers *shrugs*

Top Bottom