• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
well, since sylars power is figuring out how things work, id assume he looks at their brains and firure out how their brains do it. his brain then adapts and he becomes able to use their powers.
This makes sense so far, but would this mean that he could "forget" powers? What if his memory were wiped? Sylar and Peter seem to have radically different approaches to acquiring powers.

Muzga

Smash Ace
seeing as he would "acquire" the powers by changing his brain, id assume he'd still have all his powers, just forget about them.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
seeing as he would "acquire" the powers by changing his brain, id assume he'd still have all his powers, just forget about them.
But that's the part I wonder about. He just changes his brain by thinking about it? He never actually tweaks his own head. I have a feeling his abilities are more fragile than they appear. Peter, for instance, actually changes his DNA to match.

I dunno. Sylar confuses me.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i get the impression that the pathways in his brain actually change when he acquires a power. there was a loud clicking sound when sylar was poking through claires head, i think that was sylars brain. thats my theory anyway, so if his memory was wiped it would be like discovering all of these powers he's obtained again.

One thing that hasnt been ezxplained is how sylar accesses the powers he uses. we know peter needs to remember the feelings he gets from people with powers. we just dont know what sylar does to access these powers

Puddin

Smash Lord
It's already been explained how Sylar steals powers. His original ability is being able to read and understand things on an extremely complex level, as in when he was working at the watch shop and could fix the watches. He cuts open their scalp, and reads their brain which lets him learn their ability.

Although it hasn't been directly addressed in the show that IS how he steals their abilities. Like when Claire asked if he was going to eat her brain, he replied "Claire, thats disgusting" he was reading her brain, not eating it.

New episode tonight :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I assume that if the Haitian wiped Sylar's memory, he would lose all his powers except his original power which is that he can understand how things work by simply analyzing them.

We already know that if the Haitian wipes Peter's memory, he keeps all his powers but loses the knowledge of how to access them, as well as the knowledge that he has them.

Since Sylar simply learns to understand things, it would be just like forgetting how an engine works.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I assume that if the Haitian wiped Sylar's memory, he would lose all his powers except his original power which is that he can understand how things work by simply analyzing them.

We already know that if the Haitian wipes Peter's memory, he keeps all his powers but loses the knowledge of how to access them, as well as the knowledge that he has them.

Since Sylar simply learns to understand things, it would be just like forgetting how an engine works.
but in an earlier season when sylar was tested for powers, they found his telekinesis. if all he did was remember how to use telekinesis, then it wouldnt be there "in his system"

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
but in an earlier season when sylar was tested for powers, they found his telekinesis. if all he did was remember how to use telekinesis, then it wouldnt be there "in his system"
im sorry, when was sylar tested for powers? i dont remember that.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I call Claire eventually killing Sylar down the road after HRG sacrifices himself to let her do it.

That and Elle is the only one so far that has gone toe to toe with ol' Sylie :)

Muzga

Smash Ace
Watch godsend, season one.
Sylar was incarcerated in the company at that point and they were running test on him (this was just after homecoming)
Hank (some random who works at the company) is doing experiments on sylar. he and MR bennett have a discussion about finding the "codon switches" that identify his powers, but they couldnt identify anything except telekinesis. watch that episode again and youll know what im talking about:p

I call another niki personality/clone/whatever.
That doctor guy at the end of the last episode mistook tracy for a woman named barbara.

This is getting ridiculous

Nite

Smash Champion
Sylar needs to diiiiiiiiiiiie
He's too awesome to die. He makes a great villian that the show needs. <3 Sylar.

I'm just thinking every one of Niki's split personalities has a different power, which I think is pretty cool. Didn't really see that coming.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I call another niki personality/clone/whatever.
That doctor guy at the end of the last episode mistook tracy for a woman named barbara.

This is getting ridiculous
it is getting ridiculous. that guy said "i created you," so he probably noticed that nikki was special and freaking cloned her

Muzga

Smash Ace
maybe all the personalities niki had were clones! along with tracy! and gina! and this barbara chick who that guy mistook tracy for!

EDIT: that would make five clones!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
In some ways, I hate the "clones" idea. Not that that's not what is happening (it is), but that it is very cliche and kind of takes away some suspense. When Nikki died it really made you think "Wow...they killed off Ali Larter. Sad day." But now they said "Well...there are an unknown amount of Ali Larter's; her death didn't really mean that much." It plays along the resurrection scheme; bringing people back to life over and over again just kills part of the drama. When Mohinder shot HRG in the eye with a gun, that was compelling. But then when you have the "let's pop Claire's blood into him" card, it makes what would be suspenseful showdowns substantially less exciting since the ramifications of the bad guys can always be reversed (Nathan being shot being a big one).

Muzga

Smash Ace
theyve gotta get rid of that card.
Kill off claire/adam would be the easiest way to do that, but claire still has a part to play in this season.
Im glad theres been no monica this season
EDIT:
My next prediction: since at this point maya is only being used as a plot device, i call her gitting killedd off near the end of the season!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yes, Sylar needs to die along with a slew of other characters. Sadly, they are more likely to kill off someone like Daphe (looks similar to the women Matt is holding in the pictures) then to kill off people that have been around for too long. Yes, Sylar is good villian and most of the characters who have died are good characters but at some point it just becomes too much.

I don't think Ali Larter is going anywhere I think the death of Nikki was just a way to cut out the characters that no one likes (when Micah said goodbye I'm sure that was a goodbye to the series and not jsut his mom).

We already know Sylar won't be "good" forever. He felt the 'hunger' while he was at the bank and even while talking with his mother you could hear the wheels in his head turning.

All that said I really enjoyed the second episode. Moreso than the premiere.

edit: also how did maya learn english so quickly and where does she get the money to buy those designer clothes?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Did anyone watch Heroes on G4? Not that I mind it being on there, hell since Time Warner is allegedly losing NBC it might be the only place I CAN watch it. But they bring up those annoying little interactive things and on the new episode they asked, while Claire's biological mother was suffocating her, "Why do you think Claire's mom is teaching her this way" and they had the most ******** answers. Some being...

"Her mom is a doppleganger trying to killer her"

"So she will express her feelings"

"To kill her"

That's pretty much all that was on there.

I don't see why it's such a big deal that Claire and Adam can revive people. I think it would be kind of funny to just keep killing someone and reviving them, only to kill them again. But story wise it might become a little overused, but it's not like Claire and Adam will just hand over their blood.

What happened to that Scottish girl Peter abandoned in the future?

And can Sylar's blood heal people now too?

Nite

Smash Champion
edit: also how did maya learn english so quickly and where does she get the money to buy those designer clothes?
I won't really complain. She lookin' good. Hahaha.

I can't say who I'd like to see go, I was just happy to see Bob dead. LOL

Puddin

Smash Lord
Maya got the money for the designer clothes from being an actor on Heroes. Actually she probably just walked into a bank and got upset when she found out she had no money to withdraw. After that she did :D

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Also, one thing I didn't like: in the previews for the season, they had HRG tell Claire that the men in Level 5 "[were] like ten Sylars running around"...but Sylar just completely destroyed them. Granted, he didn't take out every one, but all (maybe not Knox) are dead and Sylar is still kicking. Kind of anticlimactic for being the third episode.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Well Sylar kind of caught em by surprise yah know? I mean they were probably a little more concerned about HRG then with Sylar.

But of course Sylar simply used his telekinesis to stop them both. It's like I was saying, the level 5's are a bunch of street thugs that rob banks =\

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Also, one thing I didn't like: in the previews for the season, they had HRG tell Claire that the men in Level 5 "[were] like ten Sylars running around"...but Sylar just completely destroyed them. Granted, he didn't take out every one, but all (maybe not Knox) are dead and Sylar is still kicking. Kind of anticlimactic for being the third episode.
and you are assuming that those are the only level 5s? there are alot more

Virgilijus

BRoomer
and you are assuming that those are the only level 5s? there are alot more
Elle blew the whole system and those were the ones that jumped out. There may be more, but to say that they are more dangerous than Sylar is a great overstatement in my books.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I think it's funny how Mama Petrelli was like "HOLY **** WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THE WORLD IS AT AN END BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO SAVE YOUR LIFE, HAHA YOUR DAD IS DEAD YOUR FIRED"

And then Sylar just goes "Bam Shizam you level 5's is dead"

Doesn't it seem like Mama Petrelli overreacted a bit?

Muzga

Smash Ace
well, i just watched first episode again and there was a fifth guy running out of level 5 who wasnt identified.
Sound manipulation i can understand. that could be extremely dangerous. magnetism could cause some pretty heavy damage too. pyrokinesis? "absorbing peoples fear"? these guys are supposed to be h4x and broken and all that.

It seems as though all that knox guy can do is beat the crap out of people, only its alot more painful. i was expecting something more along the lines of mind control, aerokinesis, weather manipulation, the ability to make black holes or a person with hiro's powers.

A character who is so powerful that it seems as though they just cant be stopped. none of this telekinesis hax!
And so far i think it was a huge exaggeration by angela petrelli. between these 4 villains, they killed 2 innocent people, practiccally killed one of their own and failed to rob a bank. not good enough

Puddin

Smash Lord
Well since both NBC and Time Warner are acting like 5 year olds arguing over a game over a game of hide-and-go-seek I can no longer watch Heroes on NBC Mondays, at least not until their mother comes out and tells them to stop whining and meet the needs of their costumer base.

So I have to wait until Tuesdays to watch it on G4, I know I can watch it on my PC but I's much rather be able to see it on my T.V.

Time Warner and NBC better get their **** straightened out soon or they're gonna be short another costumer.

Not to mention SNL as well. And this just happens to be the night that the Killers are preforming on SNL (which is, by the way, my favorite band)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I love the Killers, what's going on with NBC that would make you quit watching?

Also, this trusting fools are getting on my nerves. Seriously, even when Mrs.P was talking with Sylar you could hear the wheels turning in his head. This whole 'Sylar in a apron' thing had better not turn out to be more filler.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, from what I understand, Season 3 of Heroes is going to encompass Volumes 3 and 4... if this does end up being true, then volume 3 might kind of suck

i really think that Matt's girl he was holding is Daphne, they look just alike

And we dont know who Daphne was working for, but obviously they knew about the formula

WHERE THE **** IS MY CLAUDE

also if Peter goes to the future where everyone has powers, then won't he just get all their ****ing powers and become unstoppable? Shouldn't Peter have Jesse+Pyro+Knox's powers, because he was around them? -_-

also also I think Mohinder should ****ing die for what he did to himself, the prick. LOL IM LIZARD MAN. Who else saw that coming, seeing as how his dad's lizard was named Mohinder. derp de derp.

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't care what Mohinder did to himself. He'll have my respect forever after what he did to Maya. He's such a pimp. LOL

Top Bottom