• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

here's NEO's sheik (4 matches)

Charoo

Smash Champion
i see a lot of people here asking for neo's sheik, and I get random youtube comment about if I ever play him online too 0_o (they also ask if i play ankoku, choknater, ryo, and some other sheiks online too)

I just search neo sheik on youtube and it came up haha. So this is for the people that wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGpWRCwrA4k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBhvZi0kREY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGcAHom2XI (2 matches here)

not sure if it's tourney or not

who knew running up smash when some1 get up from the ledge is too good =)

neo is too good with his spacing and prediction. No wonder why they say socal is noob sauce haha

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I haven't watch the video's yet but something tells me I will be impressed.

Edit: Well needless to say I‘m impressed as I thought about 2 mins in the first fight that I could not take a meta knight of that skill level down and then he won, I was hoping he would kicked a bit more *** in the last video but beggers can't be choosers.

I'm probability going to watch theses 4 matches about 20 more times from now just so I can overly analyze Neo fighting style and adept it to my own…I’m not joking.

I've already spotted at least 3 three I'm going to add to my Sheik, mainly some of his mindgame tricks.

Edit: Welcome back Squidster ^____^

Squidster

Smash Ace
Sexy

Kind of commited himself to upsmashing out of tilt lock which failed a couple times
Maybe should implement vanish into his game (at least vs meta knight) to counter those pesky b moves
Every sheik should learn boost smashing

But sexy

PS. i'm back =D
And there is way too much to read on sheik boards now :p

ADHD

Smash Hero
That was good, he had luring mindgames which really takes a toll on stupid metaknight.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, neo's choices do show that he doesn't have a GREAT DEAL of experience using sheik, but his play overall is so solid and smart that he doesn't need to.

the moment he picked sheik, i already knew he'd be the best. he's a legend for his smart and intuitive play which rivals even ken's ability to think on his feet... everyone from MD/VA plays like a genius lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Plank isn't a traitor. He picked Sheik because he saw potential in her as the most efficient and simple way to get a win, and he's doing the same with Meta Knight. In a way, you could say he's being true to himself.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Neo had some mind reading going on in that match. at one point he drops down from the air towards a sheilding mk and downsmashes. And it hits, MK drops his shield the milisecond before the downsmash

so, charoo, do you ever play ankoku's Sheik online?

Charoo

Smash Champion
Neo had some mind reading going on in that match. at one point he drops down from the air towards a sheilding mk and downsmashes. And it hits, MK drops his shield the milisecond before the downsmash

so, charoo, do you ever play ankoku's Sheik online?
i don't play online unless it was schedule for me to play online haha. So the answer is no. I change the title to NEO cause I think that's how every1 prefers it haha

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
glad some people could benefit from these videos

my sheik is meh xD

im trying to get better with her

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Plank isn't a traitor. He picked Sheik because he saw potential in her as the most efficient and simple way to get a win, and he's doing the same with Meta Knight. In a way, you could say he's being true to himself.
I know...I just read that guide so many times after it was made and I even got to fight the guy once so I looked up to his Sheik quite a bit. When I heard he switch to the "new sheik" for Brawl I was sadden because I had hope he would use his skills and knowledge to raise Sheik up with us but instead he choose the more tread path.

There's nothing wrong using a high tier character because it increase your chancing of winning, I just didn't take it very fondly when I lose a hero.

A Mans gotta have inspiration you know?

glad some people could benefit from these videos

my sheik is meh xD

im trying to get better with her
Might I suggest learning how to dash attack cancel?

The learning curve is extremely high but the benefits I feel makes worth it to at least attempt to master.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
^ yes

And also grab releases are not so useful vs meta knight
grab releases are very good vs MK, actually. a guaranteed move out of a grab vs MK = awesome, its good to be able to get free damage vs a broken character, lol

hurricaneap60

Smash Rookie
I've been waiting for good sheik videos for a long time~

I've seen some impressive sheiks that I've learned from... but I'd always see something and think
"you should have used your chain to recover there"
or
"an upair would have killed him there, and at the very least, if he air dodged he would have been open for another aerial D:"
or
"if your opponent was paying attention, that roll would have been punished"

However, Neo's sheik made a lot of decisions I would not have even considered (maybe that was because, as choknater pointed out, it seemed like Neo did not have that much experience as sheik)
and his mindgames and spacing were beautiful~

props.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I would like to see more nair. It comes out faster than fair, and has more priority and range. At least in the later percentages. I use nair as a KO move in every situation where fair could work. So, fair at low %s, nair at high %s, if that fits your playstyle. You rely too much on usmash for KOs. Dsmash kills when fresh, especially on someone as light and has poor aerial DI like MK. Everything else was executed to perfection, however.

demodemo

Smash Ace
there is nothing wrong with using usmash as a ko move

dsmash is much more useful then usmash, so definitely should not be saved for ko

you shouldnt be using nair for ko too much. yes, it has stronger knockback, but the hitbox is all around sheik, which means that you have to get inside metaknight first for that to work

good luck with that

fair has longer range, and its angle is a lot more horizontal, making it a better kill move (at least against metaknight) however, that being said, a meta is very hard to edge gimp, so you are better off with usmash like neo was doing

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Wow. I watched the videos and for that short time it seemed all was right with the world....Neo is definitely a sheik player I could look up to. Besides the few things that I don't agree with that he did there was a plethora of things that simply stunned me in this match. Watching this video you can tell that both the players are of good calibur in terms of skill. Definitely something all sheik players could benefit from.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Grab release vs. Meta Knight isn't easy to get a hard hit out of. Sheik can do an immediate DACUS for a double hitting Usmash which is great damage and knockback (though tipper knockback is denied). However, the timing and execution are very hard. Sheik's DACUS is also pretty much the only grab-release option that offers a guaranteed hard hit.

Also, NEO loves my Sheik and thinks I'm weird for not liking this game.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I don't know how to use the search well enough to find this, sorry,

how do you determine whether an opponent is going to slide back or fly up from your grab release? I know it has something to do about height differences, but i have seen a metaknight break out sliding before, as well as flying up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I don't know how to use the search well enough to find this, sorry,

how do you determine whether an opponent is going to slide back or fly up from your grab release? I know it has something to do about height differences, but i have seen a metaknight break out sliding before, as well as flying up.
well each character has a different grab release animation. What determines which one is used is whether or not the character is hitting the jump button when you AREN'T hitting then attack button.

I.E if you keep mashing A as fast as u can to do the jabs, chances are almost positive that the character is going to simply pop out right in front of you. If you dont jab him at all, he will fly up high

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
If you're holding them above the ground they will fly up. If their feet are on the ground they will slide out. But if they're in hitstun from your jab they will slide out regardless.

If you break out of a grab with [jump] you will fly out, but I think the grabber has priority.

Top Bottom