• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 3! Greensboro, NC! Date: March 27-28 2010! BIG UPDATES READ EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
funny, how m2k said u werent coming

get knightpraetor to post/play more, pleassseee!!!!

does he play with you at all anymore?
I think I've played him once in almost two months. He's too busy playing starcraft and other **** I guess, sucks because he's the best competition here for me =( Tell Shaeman to make him play again.

rhan

Smash Hero
lol this isn't an interviewed position

if you can l-cancel that's good enough
LOL

Shaeman knows how to L-cancel! He has a shot!

But yeah he's basically been my mentor in this game along with Crystalnite. They've been training me and showing me the ropes since I met them. (Even though they've started about 4 months prior to me xD) But we've learned from each other and grew from there.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ya'll need to stop being so negitive... Because that's definitely NOT going to help the attendance either.

Kixx

Smash Rookie
lol well hell i haven't had a chance to pick a teammate but i will greatly consider it if u want to lol, im still runnin ganon so yea. ill let u know soon.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
We need some NC vs. SC crews.

That means Adam needs to come.

Also, MAD HYPE. This needs more advertising. Everyone put it in your sig or something

GofG

Smash Champion
if this was a week later i could go

:<
hey man

that's not cool

haven't you ever heard of the subjunctive case?

it gets used when we are talking about thinks that haven't for sure happened, or might not happen, whereas the indicative case, which is what you used, gets used for things that are for-sure.

What you should have said was, "If this were a week later, I could go", replacing the was with were.

If you ever have trouble remembering this, just remember the song by Jerry Bock from Fiddler on the Roof:

"If I were a rich man".

And remember that Clay Aiken is a ****ing ****** who needs to die in a fiery sea.

"If I was invisible".

Edit: For further clarification, it is sometimes acceptable to use the indicative when using conditional statements (if...then). For instance, if we are trying to remember what day you went grocery shopping! "If I was wearing my jacket, it was Thursday" is acceptable, because we are discussing something that actually happened as a conditional for something, as opposed to something that didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom