• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Smash Fans! this is Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just noticed I live 15 minute drive away from Johnknight1 XD. It's like the next city in the opposite direction from my house meaning I have to go across my city to go on a freeway to get to Livermore on the next exit. NORCAL FTW!!! Yes, I'm that bored.

Now getting on topic, I doubt the real Sakurai would just go on an English forum and spoil things he didn't even update with on the actual site. He doesn't know enough English to begin with @_@. He would need a translator, and I doubt he will hire a translator just to translate what he has to say on any forum.
Pleasanton, maybe=??? If it's Pleasanton, that makes 2 people I know on here from Pleasanton. NOR CAL FTW! Lol, I represent both Nor and So CAL! :laugh:

I'm only beliving this guy if Captain Planet gets confirmed, one of his moves is the Donkey Kong rap, and his final smash is anti-enviornmental!

:laugh:

edit: zomg...the update...it's, it's it's, it's, f** yes! It's

The Subspace Army! O, you got mindgamed! :laugh:

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
You realize that Japanese people use family names first, right?

You woulda been slightly more believable if you went by Sakurai Masahiro :p

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it really IS Sakurai that posted above us. I mean, look at how he predicted when it would update.

Anyways, Diddy Kong rocks!

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it really IS Sakurai that posted above us. I mean, look at how he predicted when it would update.

Anyways, Diddy Kong rocks!
As excited as I am, it's kinda funny that the first time I'm hearing about this update is not on the dojo itself. >_< At first I thought you were joking until I checked the site.

Edit: Woops, I just realized I double posted, sorry about that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Moveset revealed tomorrow night maybe? :) :) :)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I have come bearing good news!

First off, I would like to report that we have recieved SEGA's permission to use Sonic. In fact, they were ecstatic to the whole idea!

Speaking of 3rd party characters, I have finalized the 3rd party character amount as 4.

The reason for this number is so the roster will be even. Good, yes?

Now, as for characters... I don't like to spoil.

I will, however, confirm to you the roster you will have when you first purchase Brawl.

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda(Can transform into Shiek)
Kirby
Meta-Knight
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Falco
Samus(Can transform into Zero Suit form)
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Pit
Marth
Ike
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Well, that's quite a few fighters to start with, isn't it?

Yes, 22 in total. It's quite a sight to see, I assure you.

You'll have to unlock the other 18 yourself, I'm afraid.

Also, I assure you that Snake will be the only unlockable character to get a profile before Brawl's launch. Jigglypuff will get her profile on December 3rd. That is all I will tell you, concernign characters.

Remember that update about name that I made back in June? Well, I'd like to assure you that the ability to download your personal settings to your wiimote has already been programmed. I am very glad we could do this.

One final statement before I get back to work, this one should interest you quite well.

We, the musicians and I, have discussed it for long periods of time, but we have decided to include the ability to include your own music in Brawl utilixing your SD Card.

I assure you, the musicians will not be insulted by your decisions.

Well, that is all I have to say for now. I wish you all farewell. Who knows, maybe we'll duke it out online?

~ Masahiro Sakurai
This guy......is he really Sakurai sama? I dunno, I so doubt it. I'm gullible, but I'm not that gullible!

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
This guy......is he really Sakurai sama? I dunno, I so doubt it. I'm gullible, but I'm not that gullible!

ill have to agree, first captain olimar, then changed to diddy hmm.... that a little wierd. The only way the that we could know if this is the real sakurai is if he mentions us on smash dojo, if that is proven then looks like his fourm rank will go from smash noob to like smash master creator or something.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
ill have to agree, first captain olimar, then changed to diddy hmm.... that a little wierd. The only way the that we could know if this is the real sakurai is if he mentions us on smash dojo, if that is proven then looks like his fourm rank will go from smash noob to like smash master creator or something.
GOD you guys are so ****ing stupid. Jeesh

I dont even need to clarify myself. Your like little kids thinking
santa
is real.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You realize that Japanese people use family names first, right?

You woulda been slightly more believable if you went by Sakurai Masahiro :p
Looks like someone has done there homework!! HUURAH!!

Real Sakurai sama or not, he's certainly spiced things up round here!

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Fake Sakurai FTL! Yes, he did which captain olimar to diddy kong with editing and had no clue it was diddy kong for the update or even when the update was going to happen. I can say for 100% sure (instead of 99.9%) now he is NOT the real Sakurai to anyone still unsure. Fake Sakurai is getting kicks out of this.
Epic FAIL! No mindgames for you, sir.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Fake or not, he's doing an excellent job of Sakurai. But it needs quotes.

Sakurai. Throw in a "This guy needs to calm down" here and there.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Not only did "Sakurai" edit Captain Olimar to Diddy Kong, he edited out the total Smurfidge that McFox laid on him with the Atlantan IP address.

IT'S OVER.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Masahiro Sakurai

Smash Rookie
Allow me to explain.

You see... I am not that secure with letting out secret characters.

I'm sorry! I really am!

Plus, why would I spoil the update that was happening in a few hours in Japan Time?

At one point, Diddy Kong was considered becoming an unlockable. So you could say it was a last minute decision.

So yes, Olimar is now a secret character, and Diddy is now a starter.

Everyone makes mistakes, I just hope you can accept mine!

I suppose I can tell you this much: No two fighters will be the same this time around.
Sure, I accidentally made clones in melee... but you can't blame me for that. Nintendo was forcing me to get Melee for launch.
If they had given me more time, it would have been released by Summer 2002, without any clones at all. If I have time later on, I'll elaborate on what Falco's moveset could have been.

And with that said, that is the last comment I can make before I have to rest for tomorrow; It's almost 12:30 AM!

Good night Smash fans.

~Sakurai out

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Allow me to explain.

I'm sorry! I really am!

Plus, why would I spoil the update that was happening in a few hours in Japan Time?

At one point, Diddy Kong was considered becoming an unlockable. So you could say it was a last minute decision.

And with that said, that is the last comment I can make before I have to rest for tomorrow; It's almost 12:00 AM!

Good night Smash fans.

~Sakurai out
But,

I don't think it's that easy to change Diddy in one night, without ramifications. Especially at this late stage.

And why are you from Atlanta?

Speachami

Smash Cadet
Allow me to explain.

I'm sorry! I really am!

And with that said, that is the last comment I can make before I have to rest for tomorrow; It's almost 12:00 AM!

Good night Smash fans.

~Sakurai out
Why don't we install a new rule stating that anyone claiming to have "Inside information" and other such secrets shall be instantly banned if they fail to provide CREDIBLE evidence and RELIABLE proof of such claim. Otherwise this forum will get nut jobs like MR Sakurai every other week claiming to know this and that.

Not that these encounters aren't amusing, but they are a rather excelent waste of space and time. Oh yeah, and it's afternoon over here dumb****.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why don't we install a new rule stating that anyone claiming to have "Inside information" and other such secrets shall be instantly banned if they fail to provide CREDIBLE evidence and RELIABLE proof of such claim. Otherwise this forum will get nut jobs like MR Sakurai every other week claiming to know this and that.

Not that these encounters aren't amusing, but they are a rather excelent waste of space and time. Oh yeah, and it's afternoon over here dumb****.
Even though I agree completely with you, I need to point out:

It's 12:19 am on Thursday 23rd of August right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom