• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello All Could you all rate my Pikachu

Seanson

Smash Ace
Seems like you use uair at the end of combos. When in fact, a nair or dair would work as well. Since he's still tumbling you might as well hit him with something has has more damage and knockback.

Also, I didnt see any off-stage edgeguarding. I noticed a few times where a simple tailspike would have done wonders. Using a fsmash to edgeguard doesn't always work. This doc didnt too too good a job on spacing with the ledges.

I use the usmash more than the fsmash, because it has much more killing power (cept for those space animals) than fsmash. I'm not sure if you were just using fsmash because doc's recovery isnt that good or what, but if you aren't going to go off stage I would practice doing so or ue the usmash for kills.

At times it seemed like you just froze, not sure if you're too fast for yourself or what, but keep moving.

Even against Marios, spamming jolts isnt such a bad idea, just make sure you don't get hit by them. If used right you can punish them for caping, but approaching only to be hit by the reflected jolt is careless.

Finally, could you explain why you tried to grab so much? THe times you did throw him it didn't really combo to anything/put him in a bad position. Against a doc I would stay generlly close to edge and toss/knock him off then do a quick tailspike to get him at <50%, but that's just my thoughts.

Feel free to comment on anything I said, I'm just learning too.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
thx, those parts when it looked like I froze. It's lag. (I didn't L-Cancel) or imo the move cannot be recovered from. Pikachu's recovery is similar to the lag that Zelda has on her Up B recovery. The tail could've been used, but I have better things to hear from Mr. J, other than "WOW, that's cheap. SO I did it originally. I only missed three throws the entire match. SO I didn't throw TOO much I don't think so of course. EVERYBODY MISSES A FEW.

thanks though overall, it helped me. Keep up the advice plz

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Nice video! It's clear too :)

7/10.

Out of all the times DR. Mario was above you, you never thundered him!(Down B). Try that. It does alot of damg.

N64

Smash Champion
Work on your jump-cancelled grabs, I saw you missed a couple. Also, don't be afraid to chase dr. mario off the edge. As long as you at least trade blows with him off the edge (with a nair or dair), he'll probably die.

Otherwise, it looked pretty good.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Sorry if I made you angry, I'm just saying what I think. And of course it takes more than 1 vid to rate someone. I don't think I know you're style from just 1 video. If you could get more that would be good. Preferably a match you lose. Dominating doesn't quite show everything. :p

Contacting with the combos is what makes the combo. Just recently I've started using dairs on my way up and its working out pretty well.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sorry if I made you angry, I'm just saying what I think. And of course it takes more than 1 vid to rate someone. I don't think I know you're style from just 1 video. If you could get more that would be good. Preferably a match you lose. Dominating doesn't quite show everything. :p

Contacting with the combos is what makes the combo. Just recently I've started using dairs on my way up and its working out pretty well.
No I wasn't mad, I just thought that I was doin that already, It just looked like I wasn't. NO I respect that though, I was watching it just now, and I saw mistakes myself, but some moves I couldn't get out of due to the frame of the move. Pikachu's stupidly difficult to use, lol (STUPIDLY DIFFICULT) No, I took ur advice tho as well, I just don't trust Pikachu's N-Air, or B-Air, as much as Pikachu's U-Air, or char's like Falco/Fox B-Air, or Peach's N-Air/Falcon N-air, you know. That's why I don use Pika's nair or bair too much yet. I don know if it's too effective yet.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
That Pikachu infinite near the end was shmexy. A,A,A,A,A against a wall. Classic.
As for your style, you could attempt thunders while the opponent is way up airborne. Though it is laggy it can't be punished since the opponent is just too high up. Its always good to go for a low percent kill.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
YEAH, thx, alot of people are tellin me to add the thunder to my game, I'll give it a shot, and see how it works for me. Thx again everybody

Keep the comments coming plz

D. Disciple

Smash Master
You're pretty good, but I can always tell when you will attack. Since your style reminds me of mine, you would wavedance, into a fsmash or nair, sometimes into other aerials. But you will do it the same way over and over again. Work on that, mix it up to confuse your opponent a bit to make them do a move they shouldn't and punish them for that. Also if you're going to shoot a jolt against Docs/Marios space yourself out so you have a better chance of evading it coming back at you and setting them up for a combo or something.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I generally only use Thunder to chain off of upsmashes, it's not quick enough to use as a reaction, and can be evaded, airdodged whatever... I like you're Pika's style, you have a great sense of spacing, and some good mindgames. 9/10.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
people need to shut the hell up. u have a great pikachu that looks 100% PRO.

u should know better than to listen to peoples advice to "use thunder more lolz" or "mix up ur attacks" They have no idea what they're talking about.

u displayed great combos, recovery, edgeguarding, mindgames, and approaches. I saw no big flaws. GG.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord

u should know better than to listen to peoples advice to "use thunder more lolz" or "mix up ur attacks" They have no idea what they're talking about.

u displayed great combos, recovery, edgeguarding, mindgames, and approaches. I saw no big flaws. GG.
Although I agree with Cyphus that the people here aren't giving you great advice, I think he's wrong that you don't have any big flaws. Realistically it's impossible to gauge someone's playing without seeing how they lose AND how they win.

D. Disciple

Smash Master

I didn't tell him to mix up his attacks I was referring to the way he would approach, he was becoming very predictable in his approach most of the time in the vid. Because he would do a certain thing before going in to attack Doc Mario. I'm not here to argue but I do know what I'm talking about, yes his pika is very good. But I wouldn't say it looks 100% pro. But like I said not here to argue, I was just putting in my two cents. It's up to him if he wants to take the advice or not, no need to get angry about it.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Tip:

Try to Edgeguard the doc with a (double) jumped Volt. If he don't capes it's and it hits, it's an kill. Very easy to do and the result is most of the times in your favor ^^

Overall you were playing very well. To bad you suicided =P

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
lol @ 3:25

I don't know much about Pikachu since I've never been to this forum since today...

Nice vid though.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ok thx again, all and please it's ok. ANY ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE FOR ME, IS USEFUL TO ME, I'm trying to make Pikachu a major char in my game but it's pretty hard since I'm coming from a Falco, but I'll take any advice. I appreciate it a lot you guys and any time you have something for me would be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to get there you know. I'll have more vids of my Pikachu, in a few days and more of my Falco as well. (You can watch my Falco vids in the Falco forum too Just search for V3ctorMan) thx again you all, and plz keep the critique coming since I'll be releasing more vids very soon.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Axe's Pikachu ain't got **** on me...this is a REAL Pikachu axed learned from me...IM THE **** HUH? CHECK ME OUT!! oh yeah.........oh freakin yeah!

BOW BEFORE MY AWESOMENESS!

LOL @ i want to make Pikachu a major char in my game..LOL what was I thinking.....?? Have you seen that guy Axe play Pikachu!?!? now that's scary

<3 AXE <3

"my pikachu sucks *** actually" like worse than...........dude my pikachu sucks...worst pika in the world..........= vman

BUT AT LEAST IM PRETTY OH YEAH!!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
its like this

Pika board roles -

Vman - plugs axe every chance he gets, and if he doesn't have a chance, he makes one.

ICG - comes in here to give advice about what you should do as pichu, then claims that pika and pichu are similar, but pika is awful and nothing like pichu.

DJN - tries to convince us that hard matchups are easy

thats all I can think of

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
overall, pretty good. nice tech skill and mind games. buuuut a couple of times i noticed you didnt JC your grabs. at others it looked like you paused (not because of lag) which may be because youre new to pikachu and dont really know your options? but thatll come with more play time with pika. obviously, dont kill yourself. it never really helps. you used the f-smash a lot, but it seemed to pay off. normally i wouldnt use it as much, but if it works, it works.

A lot of people are saying thunder. Id use it when Doc is really high up and you cant get to him with a double jumped nair or u air. its a good combo finisher. So is the dair, like Seanson said.

That doc seemed to super-sheet your jolts a lot, so you should definitely try to read and punish that. It leaves him pretty open for a nair.

A couple of times it looked like you missed a short-hop. Completely understandable seeing as pikachu is such a fast character. That'll come with time and practice.

Also, Pika has a pretty bad dash attack. I wouldnt recommend using it unless your opponent in on the edge of the stage and you wanna knock them off.

A couple times you could have had a really nice uair tail spike, but missed the spacing and ended up hitting him back on the stage. Learn what does what with your uair. Its an amazing move if you can do it well.

At the end, obviously a nice jab infinite combo, but try ending it with a up smash instead of a f-tilt.

oh, and wow.... old thread is old.

Top Bottom