• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just wondering but did I hear Mechanical Rhythm in the trailer?
Around: 1:01.
Here's the trailer.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just hope that the Gaur Plain stage doesn't end up like Wily's Castle in that an intrusive boss makes the stage really annoying to play on.
It already looks incredibly huge, so I dunno how often ill play on the non-FD version anyway.

Gonna have to wreck Metal Face's face. A few times though!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But if you play as Shulk you won't be able to damage him.
Yeah...and Shulk dittos are going to be incredibly fun!

Speaking of that, our Shulk-only, Final Gaurplainstination tourneys need to be a thing now!

Last edited:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget

Speaking of that, our Shulk-only, Final Gaurplainstination tourneys need to be a thing now!
It will be much better if Dunban and Reyn are alts of Shulk.

(I will be very happy if Dunban and Reyn are alts of Shulk.)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

I'd be way down for that. Run it along a naked only on tortimer island and it's perfect.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Just reached the boss in the mine..Xord or whatever... and, keep in mind, i like this game but this bossfight is so incredibly badly designed and so freaking CHEAP. There is no way to fill up your teamgauge beforehand, so you will most likely fill it by wiping at that boss. Because Sharla always dies, where i ask HOW THE HELL DOES SHE EVEN PULL AGGRO. Well, she does, and then she dies in 2-3 hits. Yay. No use reviving her because you'll simply reset the teamgauge before you wipe. Then if you manage to finish the team gauge... you CAN NOT (and i know somebody posted something along those lines before), i reapeat, NOT even do 1/5th of his health with one team attack. And you need to somehow get him down to half. I guess I'm gonna grind for a few hours to reach level 30 or something, because this boss is a JOKE. One of the worst bosses design-wise i have ever had the questionable honor of fighting. SHEESH, I'm mad.
You don't actually have to put his health down to zero. I recommend watching this:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Try staying on topic. Don't want an infraction (I don'y know I'm bored) anyways I'm glad to Shulk in this game! I fell like he'd be way more popular when this game is out.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
New Shulk Tomodachi Life music video.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
After hearing from both Reyn and Fiora, here's Dunban to give his thoughts on the reveal trailer.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
Yeah, make sure you topple him. I was literally on that boss fight for about 3 hours my first playthrough because I never toppled him.
first time I fought xord it took me 2 tries. and I was under leveled by 2 levels 2nd playthrough it took me at least 1 week to beat him and I was like 3 levels higher....

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

Yo, Final Gaurplainstination is the only correct answer now, the background with Mechonis, the MUSIC, it has everything to set the hype at maximum.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
RE: to the starters discussion - GameXplain posted a video testing Smash Run at PAX, and showed off the playable characters too. I think this is what we'll see for a starting lineup.

Which, compared to my theory for the starters...

The surprises here for me is the lack of Dedede and Diddy Kong as well as no Zero Suit Samus, Peach and Olimar. (Also, Toon Link instead of classic Link?) It probably just is that they didn't want to add any more characters from the E3 demo, but we can at least assume that none of these are secret characters.
The PAX build is the E3 build (GAH! When do we get to try a new version!!)

I just hope that the Gaur Plain stage doesn't end up like Wily's Castle in that an intrusive boss makes the stage really annoying to play on.
If Immovable Gonzalez is just sitting there in the middle of the stage, I will be SO mad

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Yo, Final Gaurplainstination is the only correct answer now, the background with Mechonis, the MUSIC, it has everything to set the hype at maximum.
Also if we can turn on and off specific ATs, Riki only.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Yeah, make sure you topple him. I was literally on that boss fight for about 3 hours my first playthrough because I never toppled him.
Xord spawns enemies, that's what I used to build the party gauge. And you're supposed to topple him with the team attack, to start damaging him normally.
I literally said that. Thing is he is (was, i finally got him) down like 1-2 seconds, which is nowhere near enough time to get him below the amount of health that triggers the cutszene. Which means you need to fill the gauge like 2-3 times... ARGH. Oh well, at least i beat him...somehow...

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I literally said that. Thing is he is (was, i finally got him) down like 1-2 seconds, which is nowhere near enough time to get him below the amount of health that triggers the cutszene. Which means you need to fill the gauge like 2-3 times... ARGH. Oh well, at least i beat him...somehow...
If I remember correctly, I was able to build a new guage using the first one, by simply using the colour thing to make ridiculous combos.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Is it possible to Topple Lock at that point in the game? Or at least abuse topple gems and multiple topple/daze moves to keep him there as long as possible?

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to Topple Lock at that point in the game? Or at least abuse topple gems and multiple topple/daze moves to keep him there as long as possible?
I think if you look hard enough around the Bionis Leg you could find a topple Ether crystal, but none of the characters have good access to topple at that point.
Reyn time or bust.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The worst bit is almost immediately after, you get dunban who can topple by himself.
Yeah, after Sharla, every new character has some method of toppling by themselves.
Thinking of it, Sharla is the only character that can't topple. Riki can on occasion, but that's better than nothing.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It's always crazy seeing what fights people have difficulty with. Xord was annoying because of the topple thing, but he went down easy once he, well, was down.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
How many is going to buy the New 3DS with the port of Xenoblade? I know I am. Am I the only one that thinks Guar Plains is the most beautiful stage so far. I just hope it isn't a scrolling stage.
I do think it is a scrolling stage, similar to Icicle Mountain, but not as crazy. It seems to stop once it reaches a "peak" so to speak. There's always the Fianl Destination form anyway, which will have the kick-ass music.

The PAX build is the E3 build (GAH! When do we get to try a new version!!)
There is a new version at PAX. GameXplain (and likely IGN among others) has played it in a closed meeting set by Nintendo. Footage and info is on an embargo until September 13th, Japan's release date.

(Similarly related, E3's version of the character select screen has names below the icons but in the newest build, there isn't. Just a small detail I noticed.)

Also, we know Xenoblade will get an AT and trophies as representation but what do you think will be items, if any? I haven't gotten very far in Xenoblade yet (still playing) so I can't say.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I do think it is a scrolling stage, similar to Icicle Mountain, but not as crazy. It seems to stop once it reaches a "peak" so to speak. There's always the Fianl Destination form anyway, which will have the kick-*** music.

There is a new version at PAX. GameXplain (and likely IGN among others) has played it in a closed meeting set by Nintendo. Footage and info is on an embargo until September 13th, Japan's release date.

(Similarly related, E3's version of the character select screen has names below the icons but in the newest build, there isn't. Just a small detail I noticed.)

Also, we know Xenoblade will get an AT and trophies as representation but what do you think will be items, if any? I haven't gotten very far in Xenoblade yet (still playing) so I can't say.
Every time someone brings up Xenoblade items, I bring up gems in general, and a spike gem in particular. Gems can be worn like the Franklin Badge. Spike and spike defense are two important and iconic mechanics from Xenoblade. Spike damage is damaged caused by attacking an enemy. If you were equipped with a spike gem, then everyone that attacks you would take damage (or they would if they were within melee range, for balance purposes.)

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Every time someone brings up Xenoblade items, I bring up gems in general, and a spike gem in particular. Gems can be worn like the Franklin Badge. Spike and spike defense are two important and iconic mechanics from Xenoblade. Spike damage is damaged caused by attacking an enemy. If you were equipped with a spike gem, then everyone that attacks you would take damage (or they would if they were within melee range, for balance purposes.)
Spike Gem seems more liked a smash run item

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I'm like 24 hours into my first playthrough. I'm having a blast just collecting green crystals to create Agility Up IV gems. Is 150 agility the max? I've... already hit it.

Anyway, I just got Riki and I'm feeling quite confused if I should continue with the standard trio of Shulk / Reyn / Sharla. Is it worth it to just switch some characters around? I only rely on Sharla for healing and even then the AI sometimes doesn't want to.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I'm like 24 hours into my first playthrough. I'm having a blast just collecting green crystals to create Agility Up IV gems. Is 150 agility the max? I've... already hit it.

Anyway, I just got Riki and I'm feeling quite confused if I should continue with the standard trio of Shulk / Reyn / Sharla. Is it worth it to just switch some characters around? I only rely on Sharla for healing and even then the AI sometimes doesn't want to.
I'd definitely recommend playing around with parties. I haven't used it much myself, but I've seen a lot of people say Shulk, Dunban and Riki make for a good party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom