• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
About Shulk's Final Smash, do you think what stance you are on before you get the Smash Ball apply to how much damage his Final Smash? That would make him really neat, 5 alterations of his Final Smash. It would be bad though because, if mode change is assigned to B, you can't change his mode after you get the Smash Ball.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm guessing you can choose the Art in question by pressing the neutral special, and then similar to Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit it cycles through the Arts like a roulette and pressing the neutral special will activate whatever you land on. Either that, or you can manually select the Art in some way during the middle of combat.

It's not 100% clear.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you can choose the Art in question by pressing the neutral special, and then similar to Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit it cycles through the Arts like a roulette and pressing the neutral special will activate whatever you land on. Either that, or you can manually select the Art in some way during the middle of combat.

It's not 100% clear.
It seems like it also has no lag, too. If you get better at switching modes on the fly, you could be a force to be reckoned with in the middle of combat.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I hope so.
I'm actually fine with Shulk's moveset right now, especially since we haven't even seen 100% of it. Since Monado Buster probably isn't his final smash, what will it be? I've always thought it would be Shulk having a vision, every opponent moving around for a couple of seconds, and then they're locked into moving like that after the vision ends, along with Shulk getting increased attack power. It'd be a really interesting Final Smash, at least.

Edit: Wait, I don't remember, what was his Side B? I know B was probably to change the Monado's mode, his Up B was Air Slash, and his Down B was either a counter or Shadow Eye, but what about his Side B? Hoping for Slit Edge or Back Slash myself.
I want his Final Smash to be Chain Attack myself.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Hopefully they actually have different stages for both versions, though i wouldn't mind seeing gaur plains in HD.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they actually have different stages for both versions, though i wouldn't mind seeing gaur plains in HD.
We could see Gaur Plains in HD in the Junks stage, although we've already discussed the Junks stage a million times, so I won't start rambling on about it.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Shulk's animations seems stiff. I don't know if maybe it's just unfinished footage or maybe because it's just a CPU controlling him. Anyway can't wait to try him! And let him have the next/last newcomer trailer!

I just realized, the Wii U version stage will be the first time we see Xenoblade in HD
It probably will be Gaur Plains as the leaked stage in the 3DS selection was it, right?

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I took some images from the game of the various Monado arts to be selected fm. I'm sure some of them are repeated, but the images are blurry so I can't tell.
Enchant
Buster
Shield
Speed
Purge
Armour
Cyclone
Eater

First and last images appear to be cyclone

Third to last is Buster

Bottom left corner and third one is speed

I think this might be Enchant

Enchant

Shield?

No idea about the rest. You guys might be able to figure it out though.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I must admit that it still amazes me that this is a Wii game, imagine if all the Wii games had that kind of effort on them.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
...so if Monado Buster is one of the Monado arts you can choose, do you think that the final smash is a chain attack??!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
As more time passes, I'm getting more excited about Shulk. The Marth up B bothered me at first but all of the mysteries and discussion here has made me realize how far we are from actually figuring him out. Plus HD Shulk has yet to be seen!

Pre leak levels of Shulk hype returning:joyful:

Frank Weast

Smash Cadet
NNID
devilhunterx2
I took some images from the game of the various Monado arts to be selected fm. I'm sure some of them are repeated, but the images are blurry so I can't tell.
Enchant
Buster
Shield
Speed
Purge
Armour
Cyclone
Eater

Third to last is Buster

Enchant

Shield?

HHHHHHHHYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
...so if Monado Buster is one of the Monado arts you can choose, do you think that the final smash is a chain attack??!
A chain attack or a vision with the moving around and then the rewinding (we've discussed that a dozen times) seem like they would be the best options.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
As more time passes, I'm getting more excited about Shulk. The Marth up B bothered me at first but all of the mysteries and discussion here has made me realize how far we are from actually figuring him out. Plus HD Shulk has yet to be seen!

Pre leak levels of Shulk hype returning:joyful:
Yeah, I can't wait for the reveal trailer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The way I see it, his up-b was always the hardest thing for me to figure out. Air Slash didn't seem to look right in theory if I just gave it more vertical distance, and I figured Monado Cyclone would show up somewhere else. Honestly just giving him something similar to Marth's also completely random up-b works fine.

The rest of his moveset looked glorious, and I'm incredibly hype. Dat range, though.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I like the way Shulk's "default" pose is, he is like "I don't even know what I am doing here".
Shulk's trailer will be after all others. It will show a large field, showing the complete rest of the roster in various fights and other things, you see all the weirder characters like Kirby, Villager, Greninja and so on run past all of them. The camera then cuts to Shulk's back as he looks at all of them in his perspective. The camera rotates around to his front, staring wide-eyed, he blinks a couple of times, a brief pause on Shulk, and then-SHULK HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE!

:awesome:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Congrats to you guys, but I'll be honest. I feel let down about this. There were other swordsman I'd rather have had like Isaac. He's my childhood man.

VIIIAxel

Smash Rookie
I'm really excited, but I'm trying to contain myself until there's an official announcement. Of course, it definitely seems like this leak is true! I can't wait to play as Shulk, he's definitely my favorite Xenoblade character!

Also, it does seem like his FS will be a Chain Attack. I wonder if Reyn will be an Assist Trophy?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
This leak has ended up with me hyped.

We have Shulk in Smash.

We were right to believe.

The future belongs to us!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Congrats to you guys, but I'll be honest. I feel let down about this. There were other swordsman I'd rather have had like Isaac. He's my childhood man.
Yeah, would have also rather had Isaac, but what can you do?

Might as well celebrate the characters that did make it!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'm still confused about: his victory theme. Is it the ending part of You Will Know Our Names, or something else?
Never actually get to hear the full version of the song in game due to breaking a vision tag.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One thing I'm still confused about: his victory theme. Is it the ending part of You Will Know Our Names, or something else?
Never actually get to hear the full version of the song in game due to breaking a vision tag.
It's a remixed snippet of "You Will Know Our Names", like roughly 1 minute and 20 seconds into the song.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So this leak confirms the Ninka leak yeah?

So that means that each character gets 8 costumes. I could see like 4 of Shulk's costumes being the swaps and then the other four being some of the armours.

Now I see why ppl are saying Monado Modes are the B attack; it's what Ninka leak says. How can Monado Buster be a mode though? Is it the one that makes him more powerful? Geeze, I would have thought that would be Monado Enchant.
Enchant
Buster
Shield
Speed
Purge
Armour
Cyclone
Eater

Third to last is Buster

Enchant

Shield?

What's the fourth one I look at though if not Monado Enchant? It's one of the more clear pics but I just can't figure it out. It's green, so you might think purge, but the right side of it doesn't look like purge's symbol.

edit: Actually, taking another look at it, that has to be Monado Enchant. In that case, perhaps Monado Buster isn't a mode but an attack.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
About all the different Kanjis.

I'm kinda expecting them to be a Mega Man kinda deal, lots of different iconic skills, but they're just standard moves rather than part of a huge special pool.

Some guy apparently talked about his moves before the video was a thing, and he was 100% correct. (don't think I'd be able to find a source for that, sorry, this forum's moving way too fast right now) He said he could switch between two modes, one focused on dealing and receiving more damage, and the other's just the opposite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom