• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Well, we are officially one month away from release (Japan). I'm expecting for Sakurai to unleash his Monado Speed and start picking up the speed with exciting news while maintaining his ability to dodge Miiverse comments.

What lies ahead for the future of the Xenobrothers?
Will there be some announcement of a Direct this Friday?
Will Shulk make his appearance in this potential Direct, or will the Xenobrothers have to wait even more?
Will Shulk have goggles?
So many questions...

Find out on the next episode of XENOBLADE Z (X got canceled, and Y sounds funny :awesome:)
I think I'll get Y version, I want the Mega Stone for Territorial Rotbart rather than the X-exclusive one for Dragon King Alcar :troll:

But yeah, surely they'll speed up now to make the hype reach terminal velocity. C'MON, SHULK M'BOY!

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll get Y version, I want the Mega Stone for Territorial Rotbart rather than the X-exclusive one for Dragon King Alcar :troll:

But yeah, surely they'll speed up now to make the hype reach terminal velocity. C'MON, SHULK M'BOY!
That's a good point actually, we're so close to release and there are quite a few veterans whose fate are unknown, we might get a flurry of reveals!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
That's a good point actually, we're so close to release and there are quite a few veterans whose fate are unknown, we might get a flurry of reveals!
There's only about a month left and I feel there's still so much left unsaid.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
A veteran a week plus a newcomer trailer or two (also containing one veteran) thrown in the mix would definitely bring the hype to a maximum. MAX Hype for us of course would involve a Shulk reveal.

Would you like for it to happen completely out of the blue, or would you rather have it where we know a trailer is coming several days in advance and we just start freaking out for the days pre-reveal over the possibilities?

There's only about a month left and I feel there's still so much left unsaid.
And with as much content as there seems to be in this game, they could reveal a lot and still have plenty of hidden treasures, honestly.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd think Sakurai's going with the more "popular" veterans first aside from the first ones announced. Olimar, Diddy Kong, Marth, Ike, Peach, Sonic, Sheik, Charizard, Luigi, Zamus, Yoshi, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight...I have a feeling the not-as-popular (among the Smash fanbase) vets like Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas (if back), Snake (if back), R.O.B. and Mr. G&W (despite appearing in Pac's trailer) may either be the very last ones or only appear on the site after the JP 3DS release.

Which I also find it odd why Falco/Wolf hasn't been announced yet...

lemme tell ya tho. Snake gets quite a lot of unfair hate because "he's from an M rated game series". :c

A veteran a week plus a newcomer trailer or two (also containing one veteran) thrown in the mix would definitely bring the hype to a maximum. MAX Hype for us of course would involve a Shulk reveal.

Would you like for it to happen completely out of the blue, or would you rather have it where we know a trailer is coming several days in advance and we just start freaking out for the days pre-reveal over the possibilities?
I would much want to know a trailer is coming days in advance. I just can't take all these days of no video announced (even if a vet pops up). My hype just can't be tamed!

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Then in a mighty twist that pleases all of the Xenoblade fans, Shulk is confirmed... along with all the other party members of Xenoblade in the same slot! You are able to choose three people out of any of the party members, and including the one you will play as. The other two are controlled by AI and stay near you character similar to the Ice Climber's duo. These other two members assist in performing combos, such as inflicting break on enemies, toppling them, and dazing them.

Each character supports the group in a different way. Sharla for example removes a small percentage of damage every so often. :troll:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Then in a mighty twist that pleases all of the Xenoblade fans, Shulk is confirmed... along with all the other party members of Xenoblade in the same slot! You are able to choose three people out of any of the party members, and including the one you will play as. The other two are controlled by AI and stay near you character similar to the Ice Climber's duo. These other two members assist in performing combos, such as inflicting break on enemies, toppling them, and dazing them.

Each character supports the group in a different way. Sharla for example removes a small percentage of damage every so often. :troll:

Attachments

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'd rather the announcement happen on... relatively short notice. My body physically can't sustain the massive amounts of hype for much more than four/five days. In the lead-up to MonadoMonday I was really hanging out for the announcement. My concentration was absolutely shot meaning I got nearly no work done until it was over.

lemme tell ya tho. Snake gets quite a lot of unfair hate because "he's from an M rated game series". :c
Such a dumb argument :rolleyes:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Such a dumb argument :rolleyes:
The only argument why Snake shouldn't be in is because he doesn't help Nintendo selling things. He was so funny with all those Shadow Moses dialogue things and his fighting style was very unique. So I would like to see him in again, but honestly, I sadly don't expect it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only argument why Snake shouldn't be in is because he doesn't help Nintendo selling things. He was so funny with all those Shadow Moses dialogue things and his fighting style was very unique. So I would like to see him in again, but honestly, I sadly don't expect it.
Well, it's also true that MGS is mostly on Sony (and as of MGSV, Microsoft) systems, but there was also Twin Snakes for GC and Snake Eater 3D. But I doubt that alone will be in his favor, as much as I would like him to return.

Anyway back to Shulk --

That idea where he is playable along with two other members of your choice. Hmm...wouldn't that technically count as a transformation? Since transformations are out.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Anyway back to Shulk --

That idea where he is playable along with two other members of your choice. Hmm...wouldn't that technically count as a transformation? Since transformations are out.
When was that idea brought up? :surprised:

Guess I missed something...but yeah, basically. If they all have different movesets, that'll just contradict what Sakurai stated before about wanting players to only have to get accustomed to one set of moves at a time.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
When was that idea brought up? :surprised:

Guess I missed something...but yeah, basically. If they all have different movesets, that'll just contradict what Sakurai stated before about wanting players to only have to get accustomed to one set of moves at a time.
It would also make Shulk a bit TOO gimmicky for Smash. I mean, Greninja doesn't fight with a parnter a la Mystery Dungeon, no?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Time for a descriptive Shulk reveal trailer!

The trailer opens to Peach sitting on a hill with Mario who is eating an infinite sandwich. The wind blows and Peach using her terrible voice from Super Mario Sunshine says "The breeze feels so good." Mario's hat blows off in the wind and the pair give chase until the hat falls off of a cliff. When they reach the edge, the hat slowly rises back onto the top except someone is holding it. Suddenly Bowser Jr. Appears in the Koopa Clown Car. Bowser Jr. crashes the party! Mario jumps onto Bowser Jr. and the hat falls into the abyss amidst the roaring waterfalls below. As the two fight while descending, Peach slowly floats downward using her parasol, but the wind carries her away from the action. When they reach the bottom of the water, the ground vibrates and Bowser emerges in a suspenseful Jaws like fashion. Bowser knocks mario over and Bowser Jr. is about to deliver the finishing blow with a bob-omb.....

Then the scene stops and Shulk appears out of the blue saying the future doesn't belong to you. The scene rewinds and plays again albeit quicker while "Shulk engages the enemy" by intercepting all of Bowser Jr and Bowser's attacks, protecting Mario, and saving peach. Cue gameplay footage afterwards. The end of the trailer has Shulk putting Mario's hat on and Peach laughing, while Mario shrugs nonchalantly in the corner.

Peach creates a rainbow above everyone using one of her new moves and as the camera zooms outward and slowly fades to the Smash logo, we hear a familiar voice say, "you can't make a rainbow without Reyn!"

Edit: This was supposed to be more of a joke trailer with horrid Mario sunshine references (not sure how I even thought of those) which I just got rid of for the most part, then I decided to make it a tad more serious. I'm pretty bored at work right now...
Thanks to zippy for the sandwich part

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Time for a descriptive Shulk reveal trailer!

The trailer opens to Peach sitting on a hill with Mario. The wind blows and Peach using her terrible voice from Super Mario Sunshine says "The breeze feels so good." Mario's hat blows off in the wind and the pair give chase until the hat falls off of a cliff. When they reach the edge, the hat slowly rises back onto the top except someone is holding it. Suddenly Bowser Jr. Appears in the Koopa Clown Car. Bowser Jr. crashes the party! Mario jumps onto Bowser Jr. and the hat falls into the abyss amidst the roaring waterfalls below. As the two fight while descending, Peach slowly floats downward using her parasol, but the wind carries her away from the action. When they reach the bottom of the water, the ground vibrates and Bowser emerges in a suspenseful Jaws like fashion. After saying, "the water's great, eh Junior?" in his Mario sunshine pirate voice... I mean Bowser knocks mario over and Bowser Jr. is about to deliver the finishing blow with a bob-omb.....

Then the scene stops and Shulk appears out of the blue saying the future doesn't belong to you. The scene rewinds and plays again albeit quicker while "Shulk engages the enemy" by intercepting all of Bowser Jr and Bowser's attacks, protecting Mario, and saving peach. Cue gameplay footage afterwards. The end of the trailer has Shulk putting Mario's hat on and Peach laughing, while Mario shrugs nonchalantly in the corner.

Peach creates a rainbow above everyone using one of her new moves and as the camera zooms outward and slowly fades to the Smash logo, we hear a familiar voice say, "you can't make a rainbow without Reyn!"
Now, the giveaway that it's Shulk's trailer is the sandwich Mario would be eating. The Infinite Sandwich lives on.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
If we're talking about trailers, I personally find that a Shulk vs Ridley trailer would be fantastic. East vs West makes sense, no?

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
On the topic of trailers.....
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Gib Shulk and R.O.B. pls つ ◕_◕ ༽つ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
If we're talking about trailers, I personally find that a Shulk vs Ridley trailer would be fantastic. East vs West makes sense, no?
he's fighting mech ridley and slices him in half making the ridley fans salty but then the real ridley appears in the trailer

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Show Shulk before Ridley in the trailer, and as a hint that Ridley is about to come in, have Riki randomly pop up and shout "Dinobeast is big and scary!". :troll:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's also true that MGS is mostly on Sony (and as of MGSV, Microsoft) systems, but there was also Twin Snakes for GC and Snake Eater 3D. But I doubt that alone will be in his favor, as much as I would like him to return.

Anyway back to Shulk --

No transformations, you choose the characters in the character select screen from the "Shulk" box. Kind of like how all three Mii's share a same slot. Out of the three you choose which of the three you will control directly. The other two use AI similar to the Ice Climber's AI, but probably modified a little. No switching characters during the battle. (Just like how you don't switch between Ice Climbers during battle.)

Edit: There could even be some fun ways to balance this out, lol.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'd rather the announcement happen on... relatively short notice. My body physically can't sustain the massive amounts of hype for much more than four/five days. In the lead-up to MonadoMonday I was really hanging out for the announcement. My concentration was absolutely shot meaning I got nearly no work done until it was over.
Looks like your body is too ready.
-
I just got Seven in Xenoblade!
:awesome: Better watch out 'cuz Seven ate Reyn

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
As fascinating as Mechon recipes are, let's stay on topic.

Good to hear the LP is starting back up. I was wondering why no one had posted it in a while xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom