• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I realize discussing leaks here is an iffy subject, but this has to do with Only the Shulk part of the leak and only it.

Have we discussed this yet?

Slight NSFW language warning
Even if this has been discussed before, It's still really confusing.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
The simple fact that the principal musicians are in for Smash 4 got my hopes up again. And now that tweet. You know, if Shulk isn't in after all I think I'm going to cry.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I realize discussing leaks here is an iffy subject, but this has to do with Only the Shulk part of the leak and only it.

You can always ask @ MASTERLINKX MASTERLINKX , who is the person posting in that attachment and also a regular poster in this thread, lol.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man. I just want to see how the Monado looks in that render.

#AlvisAugust don't let us down! We're so close!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The other thing to note @ Noiblade Noiblade is that Masterlink was part of the community that saw the leak before it was leaked.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman

I have no idea what they are trying to prove. All I see is someone doing a reverse process. That is taking the finished render of Shulk, and smudging the heck out of it. If they were truly the leakers they could show us each phase of the drawing: Line art, Base colors, shading, etc. Not smudging it and un-smudging it

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have no idea what they are trying to prove. All I see is someone doing a reverse process. That is taking the finished render of Shulk, and smudging the heck out of it. If they were truly the leakers they could show us each phase of the drawing: Line art, Base colors, shading, etc. Not smudging it and un-smudging it
He showed us his render before the leak render had become available. That's the point.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
It's a JRPG about a blonde guy in his late teens-ish, who everybody and their mother seems to want in the next Super Smash Bros, His best friend is this muscular, tall, red-headed guy, who at first is the only one who sets out on his journey with him.
The protagonist’s main love interest is also a member of the party at the beginning of the game, but she has to leave the party because of reasons, which is what partially also starts the game’s main plot.
The love interest’s older brother meanwhile is far more badass than the protagonist, and becomes playable later on.
All four of them are from the same village, and both the protagonist and the love interest’s older brother can wield this super awesome ancient weapon.
Later on, the party comes across this mage girl dressing in blue/purple clothes, whose family becomes kinda important to the plot.
Oh, and then there’s this old mentor guy that the protagonist, his best friend, the love interest, and the love interest’s older brother have known for years.

Golden Sun DOES sound pretty good

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There is ONE thing I would like to know. It has nothing to do with secret info, but why? Why did you want to create contradictions? That's all I want to know, you don't even need to give me a detailed answer, keep it vague if you need to.
I'm not Masterlink, but from my understanding, it's just because they thought it would be fun to troll us with fake versions of real pictures.

Last edited:

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I still think all of that leak stuff is a fake, but it sure is fun to follow.
I hope Sakurai announces a live stream next week, or we'll be spoiled characters with real leaks sooner than we think imo (mostly because of the press release of the game). I'd like to have the surprise of the last newcomer(s) and returning veterans with the official last reveal trailer, which is going to be awesome as hell (I can sense Sakurai keeping the best stuff for the very last moment).

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey guys just to make clear, I am from the Isaac for SSB4 thread and I am all for supporting Shulk AND Isaac together for Smash Bros. but am not interested in starting a war with the K. Rool or Ridley threads.

And I think I am going to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles soon, have it ready to boot up and go! Wish me luck :)

Maybe I will become a Shulk fan as well!

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what to think about the leak, but I'm sure that Shulk will be in the roster. There's many hints toward his inclusion

He's one of my most wanted characters, and I'm expecting to see him in the next trailer before japanese release.

I can't wait to see his trailer and moveset with the Monado. I hope the Xenoblade stage it's Gaur Plains, it would be one of my favorites stages in the game.

MeekMeek93

Smash Cadet
you know no joke I just though of this what if they did do a duo reveal of them for real they are both from poular JRPG, both have not been seen at all in smash, and they are both fan favorites it would make me explode if that happened
I always had this idea and the trailer was about Isaac trying to fight Ridley until a mysterious figure uses Monado Buster to hit Ridley. Ridley's injured and you see Shulk as the dust clears and he says, "this is the Monado's power!!" while striking a pose and Shulk appears with
SHULK ENGAGES THE ENEMY!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Is Shulk going to be in X?
No one's for sure one way or the other. It all depends on if X takes place in the same universe as the original (personally I'm leaning towards no on that one), and if so how much time has passed between the two.

D

Deleted member

Is Shulk going to be in X?
Probably not. Since the game is a spiritual successor, I don't think that we will see any hints of Shulk anywhere except for maybe a cameo somewhere. Maybe by some chance we will see a descendant of Shulk, but that's about it.

ShulkTime

Smash Rookie
I lot of you are waiting Shulk Time, but don't worry anymore, I'm here.

So, hello people of Bionis.
Now it's ShulkTime to be added to the supporters list.
And hm, black shades seem to be a trend here, so I put some.
I hope you enjoy them. I like them too.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I always had this idea and the trailer was about Isaac trying to fight Ridley until a mysterious figure uses Monado Buster to hit Ridley. Ridley's injured and you see Shulk as the dust clears and he says, "this is the Monado's power!!" while striking a pose and Shulk appears with
SHULK ENGAGES THE ENEMY!
Yea that deals with both Isaac and Shulk's reveal! The blonde JRPG protagonist tag team going against the might of Ridley! That would be a dream come true for Isaac fans and Shulk fans! Heck Isaac with the Sol Blade and Shulk with the Monado.

Two legendary weapons,

two legendary heroes,

and one huge badass villain!

Mind = Blown!

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 3.07.18 AM.png

I'm just glad about this the fact Adam is teasing about who it is he voiced for but not saying is a clear sign it's shulk

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, about Shulk's reveal trailer, I got an idea of what might happen when they explain how he works. Reyn, Fiora, Dunban, Melia, Sharla and Riki are all giving him advice.
Reyn: Are you sure you could handle this Shulk? I won't be there to watch your back.
Fiora: Don't worry Reyn. If anyone can do it, Shulk can.
Dunban: Shulk! You must harness the power of the Monado in order to win!
Melia: Fill up the talent gauge by hitting your opponents to unlock the Monado's power!
Sharla: But don't get frantic, you only get one attack once you fill the talent gauge.
Shulk: Then I'll use Battle Soul if the talent gauge isn't full.
Melia: But don't be careless about using Battle Soul. It hurts you in the process.
Shows a Riki assist trophy.
Riki: Heropon save the day!
It's a work in progress right now.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
So, about Shulk's reveal trailer, I got an idea of what might happen when they explain how he works. Reyn, Fiora, Dunban, Melia, Sharla and Riki are all giving him advice.
Reyn: Are you sure you could handle this Shulk? I won't be there to watch your back.
Melia: Fill up the talent gauge by hitting your opponents to unlock the Monado's power!
Sharla: But don't get frantic, you only get one attack once you fill the talent gauge.
Melia: But don't be careless about using Battle Soul. It hurts you in the process.
I hope for a dialog like with Paltena's trailer

more proof coming in of shulk in smash look who is helping on smash with music and what games he worked on

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
I'd like Solid Snake but I don't think he's gonna be in. And there's other musicians than Ace who worked for Xenoblade and that are working for Smash so...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yea that deals with both Isaac and Shulk's reveal! The blonde JRPG protagonist tag team going against the might of Ridley! That would be a dream come true for Isaac fans and Shulk fans! Heck Isaac with the Sol Blade and Shulk with the Monado.

Two legendary weapons,

two legendary heroes,

and one huge badass villain!

Mind = Blown!
My top 3 most wanted by the way!

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
It's a work in progress right now.
I actually never thought about battle soul as an ability in Smash, but I think I like it.
Probably didn't think about it because I hardly used it in Xenoblade, but meh...

On a side-note, people with one of the banners that @jaeohjae made in their signatures, you might want to link it to the 1st page of this thread so when you post in other parts of the boards, people will be able to find this support thread.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Would battle soul in Smash be a move where you use it and it instantly ups your damage and talent gauge, or would you have to hold it? If it's a move at all, that is.
Ha, finally contributing to the discussion! The topic will probably change really fast, but whatever.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Would battle soul in Smash be a move where you use it and it instantly ups your damage and talent gauge, or would you have to hold it? If it's a move at all, that is.
Ha, finally contributing to the discussion! The topic will probably change really fast, but whatever.
Maybe instantly, but the amount of damage it ups and the amount your talent gauge is filled directly correlates. Maybe it doubles the damage you've taken. So if you use it at the beginning of a battle and you haven't been hit yet, you don't get anything. If you use it when you've taken over 100% damage though, it's a huge risk, but you would fill it up instantly. Or almost all the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom