• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Basically, a guy replied to a Youtube video about the leaks with the following info.

- Shulk's B special changes his kanji (Monado). Red kanji make his hands glow, while blue kanji make his feet glow.
- His up special is like Marth's
- His down special is a counter

(I omitted the other part about Bowser Jr and Ganondorf since it isn't relevant to the thread)

What do you guys think about the hands/feet glowing?

All I can think of is a Monado Speed mode and maybe an aggro mode, although it would make more sense if his feet were red like in Xenoblade. It could also be more of an offensive/defensive mode switch.

Not saying this is real, just posting it for more move set speculation/discussion. If those Up and Down specials turn out to be real I'll be a little disappointed.
Dat Up-B... I hope this is 100% fake, because I wouldn't stand that.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Basically, a guy replied to a Youtube video about the leaks with the following info.

- Shulk's B special changes his kanji (Monado). Red kanji make his hands glow, while blue kanji make his feet glow.
- His up special is like Marth's
- His down special is a counter

(I omitted the other part about Bowser Jr and Ganondorf since it isn't relevant to the thread)

What do you guys think about the hands/feet glowing?

All I can think of is a Monado Speed mode and maybe an aggro mode, although it would make more sense if his feet were red like in Xenoblade. It could also be more of an offensive/defensive mode switch.

Not saying this is real, just posting it for more move set speculation/discussion. If those Up and Down specials turn out to be real I'll be a little disappointed.
Maybe I missed something, but what's so special about this youtube commenter? Not trying to be that guy, just curious.

Guys, if it's true.

Key word: If

No matter what comes up, this whole leak feud will end in one PotD or one trailer or basically when the damn game is released. Just be patient.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
What would your thoughts be on an Assist Trophy'd Shulk?
I'd think it'd be cool... Only if it was in the PoTD as an AT and then a couple minutes later a video is posted of his reveal and how Shulk "changed" the future. Other than that. No. We wont talk about that.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'd think it'd be cool... Only if it was in the PoTD as an AT and then a couple minutes later a video is posted of his reveal and how Shulk "changed" the future. Other than that. No. We wont talk about that.
Heh, that'd be pretty cool.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Bet the damage control would be fairly easy to attain

Hopefully that doesn't happen and if it does, everyone here will have the ability to calm their ****
Luckily our fanbase is pretty calm. I mean, we were all hyped by #MonadoMonday, but even after Lucina and Robin were revealed, no one really complained. I am super happy to be a part of the Bronados. :laugh:

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
For those who played Xenoblade, was Shulk your favourite character when you were playing the game ?

I really like his character development, but compared to Melia, Dunban, Fiora and Alvis, he wasn't my favourite character.

For those who played Xenoblade, was Shulk your favourite character when you were playing the game ?

I really like his character development, but compared to Melia, Dunban, Fiora and Alvis, he wasn't my favourite character.
Melia was my favorite followed by Dunban

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
why are we entraining the idea of shulk being a semi clone if he is I'd be really disappointed

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Maybe I missed something, but what's so special about this youtube commenter? Not trying to be that guy, just curious.
Most likely nothing. It just lined up with Ninka's information. I did omit some of the comment so it just mentioned Shulk. Neo Zero is trying to contact him to investigate something.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

He was my second favorite, after Dunban.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Even though counter could work as a down special for Shulk, it would be severely disappointing since he already has a lot of unique in game abilities (Shield, Armour, Battle Soul, Shadow Eye, Lite Heal, even Cyclone) that he could use that wouldn't make him "a guy with a sword and a counter."

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't believe that comment at all by the way. His hands start glowing red? :rolleyes: Also, only his feet glowing blue? Monado speed covers the entire body with a blueish light.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093

I'd have to say that Juju's buggy Melia was my favorite, but Shulk, Dunban, and Alvis were all right behind her. (Shulk because of character development, Dunban because of sheer willpower, and Alvis just because he didn't make sense for so long.)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know if I like any one particular character over another in Xenoblade. The interactions between the characters make the group greater then the sum of their parts and was really one of the high lights of the game.

The post battle victory banter in particular is amazing:

Riki: Thanks to Riki's sidekicks, we win!
Reyn: What? Who're you calling "sidekick"?
Riki: No see anyone else. Must be you!
Reyn: Stupid furry volleyball. I'm gonna...
Shulk: Reyn, you're such an easy target!

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't know if I like any one particular character over another in Xenoblade. The interactions between the characters make the group greater then the sum of their parts and was really one of the high lights of the game.

The post battle victory banter in particular is amazing:

Riki: Thanks to Riki's sidekicks, we win!
Reyn: What? Who're you calling "sidekick"?
Riki: No see anyone else. Must be you!
Reyn: Stupid furry volleyball. I'm gonna...
Shulk: Reyn, you're such an easy target!
Yeah, I don't want to choose actually. Everyone goes through GREAT character development except Riki. But how can you dislike Riki?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, I don't want to choose actually. Everyone goes through GREAT character development except Riki. But how can you dislike Riki?
Every Riki quote in the game is gold. More victory banter with Riki!

Riki: Riki wish Melly was real big sister!
Melia: Aww. But what about Sharla?
Riki: Sharla more like mama. One mama enough.
Sharla: Now you wait just a minute!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Riki may well be the softest of all Nopon.

rogue_shade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rogue_Shade
3DS FC
4210-4476-8602

Honestly, I can't decide between Shulk and Riki for my favorite character.
My main party for a lot of the game was Shulk, Riki, and Dunban. Riki's art names and skill names were just so hilarious, while some of his parts in the cutscenes made me go "Aww".

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

I can, for some reason, see Shulk having some sort of banter with his party either as a victory thing or even do some sort of Solid Snake/Fox thing on his stage. Which would be impossible, but seriously amazing.

*Facing Ridley*

Riki: Dinobeast?! Fight, sidekick! Go beat Dinobeast!
Shulk: If that's a Telethia, that's the weirdest Telethia I've ever seen!

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Hey, you know that one leak with Shulk in it? The one with Lucina and Shulk fighting Ganondorf and Charizard on that Yoshi stage? Did anyone point out the fact that both Lucina and Shulk have their backs turned to the camera?
Which is impossible to do in the new game

Last edited:

MeekMeek93

Smash Cadet
Yea that deals with both Isaac and Shulk's reveal! The blonde JRPG protagonist tag team going against the might of Ridley! That would be a dream come true for Isaac fans and Shulk fans! Heck Isaac with the Sol Blade and Shulk with the Monado.

Two legendary weapons,

two legendary heroes,

and one huge badass villain!

Mind = Blown!
Exactly! We haven't seen Isaac as an Assist Trophy, and he could possibly make it in as his own character! Also, another thing that would be a good idea is to have a Xenoblade stage on the Wii U and a Golden Sun stage on the 3DS!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

I want this as an alternate costume for Shulk in Smash. Probably won't happen, but hey, a pon can dream.

D

Deleted member

Hey, you know that one leak with Shulk in it? The one with Lucina and Shulk fighting Ganondorf and Charizard on that Yoshi stage? Did anyone point out the fact that both Lucina and Shulk have their backs turned to the camera?
Which is impossible to do in the new game
That actually doesn't matter as much since some characters are notable exceptions to this rule.

Like Marth, who Lucina is a clone of.

I say that we wait and see. Hopefully, hopefully we something this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom