• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Hey, you know that one leak with Shulk in it? The one with Lucina and Shulk fighting Ganondorf and Charizard on that Yoshi stage? Did anyone point out the fact that both Lucina and Shulk have their backs turned to the camera?
Which is impossible to do in the new game
I'm afraid this only works with people who aren't using a weapon IIRC.

Let's not go the ambi-dexterous sprite route like most (all) fighters these days that have weapon wielders. There's no such thing as right handed or left handed, it's all handed.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For those who played Xenoblade, was Shulk your favourite character when you were playing the game ?

I really like his character development, but compared to Melia, Dunban, Fiora and Alvis, he wasn't my favourite character.
I liked Shulk, but I liked Fiora, Riki and Melia a lot more. But I guess I liked every character save for of course, Juju >.>

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I haven't gotten too far in the game, but I do like Shulk.

I like Melia a tad bit more though, so she gets the title of "Favorite Xenoblade Character". I also like Fiora, Dunban and Reyn as well!~

D

Deleted member

My favorite Xenoblade character is Shulk. At times in the story, I felt like I could relate to him and I like how he developed as a character.

I don't really have a character that I absolutely hate... well, except for maybe Juju and I'm indifferent towards Sharla as a character. (she's a useful party member that I have out often, but she didn't stand out to me otherwise)

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
All these Melia lovers.

How wonderful.

If only Monolist Soft loved Melia as much as you all :troll:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I feel as if it is safe to say that, as a general consensus, Sharla and Juju are more-or-less every person's least favorite characters in the game. Ha ha. For myself, I did in fact enjoy Shulk (as did I enjoy the other party members), but overall, I really loved pretty much everything about Egil's character! His presentation, stature, voice actor, etc. It's a hard decision to come to, because I feel as if characters such as Dunban, Melia, Reyn, Shulk and even D!ckson have strong and likable qualities towards them. . . I'm fond of all of those characters, really. ;w;

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Exactly! We haven't seen Isaac as an Assist Trophy, and he could possibly make it in as his own character! Also, another thing that would be a good idea is to have a Xenoblade stage on the Wii U and a Golden Sun stage on the 3DS!
Yup Golden Sun is a handheld franchise while Xenoblade is a console one. Although I would love to Isaac and Shulk revealed with their respective stages in both versions of the game! 3DS and Wii U!

Now that would be awesome!

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
:link:
I feel as if it is safe to say that, as a general consensus, Sharla and Juju are more-or-less every person's least favorite characters in the game. Ha ha.
Yeah well, the general consensus stinks. I thought Sharla was awesome! Her sass with Reyn was great and I really felt for her at Agniratha. Won't disagree too much about Juju though, but I'll just say I was never really bothered by him one way or another unlike others on here.

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Riki will forever be my favorite followed by Seven and then Shulk, then Dunban, then Reyn, Sharla, and Melia.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I can't help but laugh at anything Reyn has to say. He definitely has the most contagious battle/victory phrases IMO.

"Man, what a buncha jokers!"

It'd be really great if both Issac and Shulk are playable, I'd like to see more of Nintendo's JRPG series being repped.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I can't help but laugh at anything Reyn has to say. He definitely has the most contagious battle/victory phrases IMO.

It'd be really great if both Issac and Shulk are playable, I'd like to see more of Nintendo's JRPG series being repped.
I wonder if Reyn is loved in the same way for the same reasons in Japan.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Reyn-approves.gif

For all the new people here that don't know of me, I'm basically the GIF guy. All of the GIF's I use, I've made myself.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
For those who played Xenoblade, was Shulk your favourite character when you were playing the game ?

I really like his character development, but compared to Melia, Dunban, Fiora and Alvis, he wasn't my favourite character.
Melia was my favorite, followed by Alvis, Dunban, and then Shulk. Still, I loved all the characters.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
This makes me want to tweet Adam Howden!
Eh, the poor guy probably gets hundreds of those tweets. By favoriting that status, he's said as much as he can say without being sued, so we really can't get more info from him until at least Shulk's announcement. Still, dude seems like a pretty cool guy. Total bronado.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
My favorite character is a tie between Reyn and Melia.

Although I'd really never suggest anyone gets into Smash before Shulk, as he is the main character of the game.

If a second rep was ever put in, that's when I'd start debating. All the characters are unique, and most of them have unique weapons if anything else. I always really liked the idea of Reyn's weapon. It was quite different from most things I've seen done. Although I'd seen something CLOSE to it before from a certain anime. XD

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Seven and possibly Riki are the obvious best bets for second reps from the one game.

I'm sure the second rep (in Smash-next gen) will be someone from Xenoblade X, but yeah.

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
The best Xenoblade character is Dunban. I played it in japanese where he shares the same voice actor as Vegeta.

Makes sense since they're both so badass.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The best Xenoblade character is Dunban. I played it in japanese where he shares the same voice actor as Vegeta.

Makes sense since they're both so badass.
Vegeta AND Captain Falcon. Dunban is a bad***.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I feel as if it is safe to say that, as a general consensus, Sharla and Juju are more-or-less every person's least favorite characters in the game.
FALSE. I really feel like Sharla didn't get enough love, she's awesome. I can't stand Juju, though. Miqol also got on my nerves.

My favorite character is, above all else, Alvis. He's even tied with two other characters for my favorite video game character ever. (I'm indecisive, alright?) Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng I love him so much. Melia and Dunban are tied for a close second, with Shulk in third.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
FALSE. I really feel like Sharla didn't get enough love, she's awesome. I can't stand Juju, though. Miqol also got on my nerves.

My favorite character is, above all else, Alvis. He's even tied with two other characters for my favorite video game character ever. (I'm indecisive, alright?) Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng I love him so much. Melia and Dunban are tied for a close second, with Shulk in third.
Sharla is awesome in my opinion. Especially when she's sassy against Reyn. Juju tho...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Seven and possibly Riki are the obvious best bets for second reps from the one game.

I'm sure the second rep (in Smash-next gen) will be someone from Xenoblade X, but yeah.
If Xenoblade Chronicles ever got a HD rerelease that was even more popular than it's first release I could see us getting a second Chronicles rep.

It depends on what characters X brings to the table. On first impressions I'm not really feeling the MC and Elma as smash fighters....

I could certainly see a second Xenoblade rep being a Nopon (not necessarily Riki) considering it seems like they're being set up as the "Moogles" of the Xenoblade universe. So any notable Nopon in X could be in a great position.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sharla is awesome in my opinion. Especially when she's sassy against Reyn. Juju tho...
Juju and, in my opinion, Riki were the only bad characters in the game, I thought everyone else was pretty likeable though.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Juju and, in my opinion, Riki were the only bad characters in the game, I thought everyone else was pretty likeable though.
I remember thinking Juju was gonna be my third party member when I first played Xenoblade... Bad times.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is that so? I never knew that...Dunban and Captain Falcon don't sound the same at all. lol
It's not a surprise actually, the VA for Captain is a very popular guy, I think he's been in at least 50 different anime's.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Shulk is definitely my favourite JRPG hero when it comes to personality and his development as a character.

I've probably said this dozens of times by now but it was so refreshing to have a main character who wasn't all angst and bravado. Instead Shulk was a thinker, he thought about how to do things instead of being cocky and thinking he could do whatever he wanted.

Isaac from Golden Sun is kinda similar in that regard, being a silent protagonist probably helped but I never felt like Isaac was a typical jrpg protagonist either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom