• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
"[...] Whatever happens, we'll face our future together." - Shulk, from somewhere near Xenoblade's ending. We're in this together!

On the topic of the soundtracks, I have to wonder; why just ACE and not ACE+ like they were for Xenoblade? (Note that the difference is they go by ACE+ when Kenji Hiramatsu is with them.) I don't know why he'd not be there too. I suppose it doesn't really mean much since they'd be able to arrange it alone. Just something I noticed.
Idk. There's not really much information available about them, unfortunately. I know that his inclusion makes the + thanks to this article, but I'm not sure if he just came into the group for Xenoblade or if he had been there longer
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/27/say-hello-to-the-six-composers-of-xenoblade/

It doesn't mean anything though, since they list Ace's main composition as Xenoblade. I would only be concerned if they didn't.

My guess is that Ace is what the group is usually called. I'm not sure but I think that Hiramatsu wasn't involved with the majority of the compositions done by Ace.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Idk. There's not really much information available about them, unfortunately. I know that his inclusion makes the + thanks to this article, but I'm not sure if he just came into the group for Xenoblade or if he had been there longer
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/27/say-hello-to-the-six-composers-of-xenoblade/

It doesn't mean anything though, since they list Ace's main composition as Xenoblade. I would only be concerned if they didn't.

My guess is that Ace is what the group is usually called. I'm not sure but I think that Hiramatsu wasn't involved with the majority of the compositions done by Ace.
I don't have a source, but I vaguely remember that they're normally ACE, but went by ACE+ for Xenoblade and some other game earlier on. And yeah, it won't be significant. Just an observation.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a source, but I vaguely remember that they're normally ACE, but went by ACE+ for Xenoblade and some other game earlier on. And yeah, it won't be significant. Just an observation.
ACE is Hiroyo "CHiCO" Yamanaka & Tomori Kudo. It becomes ACE+ when Kenji Hiramatsu joins them for a trio, but there was a case where he joined ACE anyway on Emil Chronicle Online http://vgmdb.net/artist/8635

ACE+ may not be listed because only Chico and Tomori were brought in for new compositions. I'm sure all of them will be credited, but I'm guessing only people making new songs/remixes are listed as composers. Otherwise, we'd see dozens of names

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
ACE is Hiroyo "CHiCO" Yamanaka & Tomori Kudo. It becomes ACE+ when Kenji Hiramatsu joins them for a trio, but there was a case where he joined ACE anyway on Emil Chronicle Online http://vgmdb.net/artist/8635

ACE+ may not be listed because only Chico and Tomori were brought in for new compositions. I'm sure all of them will be credited, but I'm guessing only people making new songs/remixes are listed as composers. Otherwise, we'd see dozens of names
You seem to be right, as the "Arrangement Supervisor" for the Spirit Tracks song has nothing to do with the original song. However, there might be instances where they have the original composers supervising over the arrangements in order to keep important elements to the song that have certain effects on the listener. This sort of thing might really be needed with Xenoblade since its soundtrack is purposefully made unique.

Hmm, maybe we can draw some answers from the Brawl version of the music page
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/music/music01.html

The video is already marked to start at the mark I was about to talk about

I was able to get through the game without using Sharla a lot so I have to agree with Chuggaconroy here. They really need to avoid the mentality of how healers should have massively gimped damage output.... I mean, sure, I know why you're trying to make the healer have the lowest DPS in the game. For the sake of balance. I get it but don't overgimp it. Lol. I think I'd be fine if the healer class' DPS is as good as the tank class'

Oh and...

wtf is this.png

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
The video is already marked to start at the mark I was about to talk about

I was able to get through the game without using Sharla a lot so I have to agree with Chuggaconroy here. They really need to avoid the mentality of how healers should have massively gimped damage output.... I mean, sure, I know why you're trying to make the healer have the lowest DPS in the game. For the sake of balance. I get it but don't overgimp it. Lol. I think I'd be fine if the healer class' DPS is as good as the tank class'
Tbh, I probably wouldn't like Xenoblade combat as much without the option to use Sharla. I don't use her all of the time, but when things get tough I'm glad she's there. For instance, I used her along with Riki tank and Melia dps when I decided to start fighting lv 90+ enemies at lv 76. She's also nice for some of the harder unique monsters I find.

Hmm... has anyone ever tried using Sharla as a tank? I haven't, but the idea is interesting because her healing arts gather a lot of aggro, even from enemies nobody is attacking. She would be in control of both the tanking role and the healing role. Just something I'll probably try next time I'm on the game.

I did try Shulk as a tank (lv 99) once. It didn't work well, but surprisingly, the issue wasn't that he was taking too much damage. It was that he couldn't mainain aggro well enough since I was fighting a monster well above my level with heavy gear on. In other words, I missed too much in order to accumulate enough aggro. It may have worked with something closer to my level though, or with night vision gems.
The idea was inspired from that one version of the replica Monado that has high def.
-
Idk if that is an easter egg, she seems to be a main character, but it is indeed awesome.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Yeah, I was already working under the assumption that it was only arranging composers being shown. Because, yes, we didn't see a million people in the list. Hiramatsu doesn't need to be there, but I'm kind of curious as to why he's only there sometimes (but clearly often enough to warrant another name for their group.)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If any number of people involved with Xenoblade's soundtrack are involved in any capacity, I'll still be happy.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
You seem to be right, as the "Arrangement Supervisor" for the Spirit Tracks song has nothing to do with the original song. However, there might be instances where they have the original composers supervising over the arrangements in order to keep important elements to the song that have certain effects on the listener. This sort of thing might really be needed with Xenoblade since its soundtrack is purposefully made unique.

Hmm, maybe we can draw some answers from the Brawl version of the music page
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/music/music01.html
Well, back to this, it seems actually quite common for the original composers of music in a game or series to be involved in arranging songs from the series they are known for. For example, Hajime Wakai is listed for Star Fox and Pikmin on Smash Bros Dojo was the arrangement supervisor for Area 6 and Area 6 ver 2. Another noteworthy example is Motoi Sakuraba both composed and arranged the Brawl Golden Sun song. He also arranged plenty of other things. I've also found instances where they take different composers and place them on a song from within their game or series that they did not do.

-

Golden Sun's song raises a good question...

If we were to get a kind of arrangement where they put two or more songs together, what songs might they do? A quick idea that comes to my mind is that I could see them putting Zanza and The God Slaying Sword together.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Yeah, I was already working under the assumption that it was only arranging composers being shown. Because, yes, we didn't see a million people in the list. Hiramatsu doesn't need to be there, but I'm kind of curious as to why he's only there sometimes (but clearly often enough to warrant another name for their group.)
Yeah, I know for sure Id (Purpose is on the Smash 3DS soundtrack, but its composer isn't listed on the music page.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Mixing the tracks from the final fight together would make a lot of sense, and I would be very excited to hear it. Though personally I would prefer just having Zanza plopped in there exactly as it was in Xenoblade.

I think another good mix would be the main theme and Gaur Plains, OR, just a mix of Guar Plains' day/night themes. Given that that's the stage the 3DS is getting (apparently) it seems the most likely too.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
If we were to get a kind of arrangement where they put two or more songs together, what songs might they do? A quick idea that comes to my mind is that I could see them putting Zanza and The God Slaying Sword together.
Zanza and the God Slaying Sword would definitely flow together well. Lemme think... Colony 9/Gaur Plains medley?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Zanza and the God Slaying Sword would definitely flow together well. Lemme think... Colony 9/Gaur Plains medley?
I've been saying that we should get Night/Day Medley's that switch between the night and day themes of specific zones when the actual Xenoblade stage changes between night and day.

By the way, we're forming an alliance with the Isaac thread, in case any of you weak and pathetic homs wanted to know. Someone needs to stand in the way of the too big bosses.... might as well be some generic anime swords guys.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
guys we did it we have talked to the Issac fans and we are gonna united against the real threat of team ridley KKR

FFIV_DS_Plainbg.jpg

mispelled Isassc name fixed it here we go

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Um, maybe avoid sinking to their level then? Eh, whatever. Just leave me out of it.
Come on, we're in the last month of Smash speculation, what else are we supposed to do?

(Really I think this is just about the two fan bases blowing off steam and having some fun.)

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Come on, we're in the last month of Smash speculation, what else are we supposed to do?

(Really I think this is just about the two fan bases blowing off steam and having some fun.)
Meh. I'm just used to this kind of stuff being done in a very salty manner, forgive my pessimism. If it's in good fun, by all means.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

you know no joke I just though of this what if they did do a duo reveal of them for real they are both from poular JRPG, both have not been seen at all in smash, and they are both fan favorites it would make me explode if that happened

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Meh. I'm just used to this kind of stuff being done in a very salty manner, forgive my pessimism. If it's in good fun, by all means.
This is all, honestly, being done for fun and camaraderie for all the support threads in here. At least that's what we're aiming for.

The original team up was brought up because there was a lot of salt between the Isaac and Shulk threads after all.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
.......Really? A War between Isaac/Shulk and Ridley/ King K. Rool?

I am not joining, just look at my signature.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
This is all, honestly, being done for fun and camaraderie for all the support threads in here. At least that's what we're aiming for.

The original team up was brought up because there was a lot of salt between the Isaac and Shulk threads after all.
It's the team-up that needs to happen. Let there be no salt!

All's fair in love and war and we're about to get both!

Tbh, I want all four in as well, but this sounds like a fun idea. At least we won't have any Isaac/Shulk hate anymore. And since nobody really hates K. Rool or Ridley, there won't be salt if they get confirmed first.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I honestly think this will be fun. Two big baddies about to wreak havoc and now the SmashBoards needs to call in 2 strong JRPG characters to team up against this threat (lol not really). Isaac and Shulk have arrived as Team GoldenBlade! Let's Go!

[I want all four plus Krystal, to be in Sm4sh. She should be the referee or something in this battle. lol]

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We need terms of battle, that we can then bring to the general character thread.

Don't **** ride the leak

Expect the worst

Hope for the best

Replay Xenoblade one more time
I just noticed this now but.... Xenoblade's situation was like Bravely Default's

It wasn't about to be localized until fans came screaming for localization

Nintendo (Square Enix) was expecting Xenoblade (Bravely Default) to have a ****ty performance in the West

After that, lol nope. They were wrong

Oh and, they're both insanely amazing JRPGs

And they're both JRPGs

And their soundtracks... They're actually what made me bought the games

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Don't **** ride the leak

Expect the worst

Hope for the best

Replay Xenoblade one more time
I just noticed this now but.... Xenoblade's situation was like Bravely Default's

It wasn't about to be localized until fans came screaming for localization

Nintendo (Square Enix) was expecting Xenoblade (Bravely Default) to have a ****ty performance in the West

After that, lol nope. They were wrong

Oh and, they're both insanely amazing JRPGs

And they're both JRPGs

And their soundtracks... They're actually what made me bought the games
Haven't played Bravley Default, but I keep hearing good things. Might need to change that.

To add the the Adam Howden Tweet, he favorited a tweet saying that the person hopes he enjoyed voicing Shulk in Smash Bros. It doesn't really mean anything, but it's still cool to know!

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Haven't played Bravley Default, but I keep hearing good things. Might need to change that.

To add the the Adam Howden Tweet, he favorited a tweet saying that the person hopes he enjoyed voicing Shulk in Smash Bros. It doesn't really mean anything, but it's still cool to know!
yeah bravely default is a 10/10 game really need to get it
only thing I should war you about though is mid game does drag a little
but oh man the final battle
THE FINAL BATTLE IS SOOOOOOOO WORTH IT IS ON GURREN LAGANN LEVEL OF INSANE

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
View attachment 22757

so going back on shulk this happen
Dis guai

One thing about Shulk and Ridley I find in common is the teasing from everyone. Though, while Shulk teasings are more straight-forward in meaning and from people other than Sakurai, Ridley teasing is more ambiguous but comes straight from the horse's mouth. Sakurai said he doesnt want to get anyone's hopes for nothing in the end, which was why we saw the swif and fast disconfirmation of characters before any hints of theyr playability could be made (I remember Nintendo having to come out and officialy state Chrom wasnt playable, JUST to clear the confusion around that segment at the end of the trailer).

So, gonna stay hopefull about both, but its best to prepare for dissapointment.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Dis guai

One thing about Shulk and Ridley I find in common is the teasing from everyone. Though, while Shulk teasings are more straight-forward in meaning and from people other than Sakurai, Ridley teasing is more ambiguous but comes straight from the horse's mouth. Sakurai said he doesnt want to get anyone's hopes for nothing in the end, which was why we saw the swif and fast disconfirmation of characters before any hints of theyr playability could be made (I remember Nintendo having to come out and officialy state Chrom wasnt playable, JUST to clear the confusion around that segment at the end of the trailer).

So, gonna stay hopefull about both, but its best to prepare for dissapointment.
yeah I never though of that till you said it funny huh lol

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The other thing that Ridley and Shulk both have in common is that they are totally playable in Smash 4.

#PositiveThinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom