• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Test-run of erico9001's idea:

Edit: Heeeyyyy, it worked! Thanks man, I owe you one.The magic Upload a File button isn't here for me, but this works.
Edit 2.0: Sorry for the now multi-post of this image. That said, it really is that great.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Tis a good day to be a fan of Paper Mario. If you've all seen the POTD, you'd understand why.

Now, Sakurai, this has been an emotional week so far. Please, for the love of Bionis don't reveal Shulk this week. I think I'd have a heart attack and die if that happened.

Edit: On second thought, DO end with a Shulk reveal. I'll survive that heart attack by beating it down with brute force!

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Tis a good day to be a fan of Paper Mario. If you've all seen the POTD, you'd understand why.

Now, Sakurai, this has been an emotional week so far. Please, for the love of Bionis don't reveal Shulk this week. I think I'd have a heart attack and die if that happened.
But what better way to end an exciting week, eh? I'd be all for a last-second Direct with Xenoblade X info then a Shulk reveal.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220

Edit: On second thought, DO end with a Shulk reveal. I'll survive that heart attack by beating it down with brute force!
End with Shulk. Pretty, pretty please, Sakurai. Start off August right! You've given me a Paper Mario stage, I wasn't even expecting that to be possible. I know I'd probably die from happiness with so much good news at once, but. Man, what a way to go.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Oh, speaking of dreams, I had a dream last night that Shulk's entry was on the back of a Telethia that squeezed itself through a small portal. While it wouldn't make sense, it would be pretty boss for Shulk to be dropped off by a Telethia.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Shulk is included in literally every possible and living Smash leak at the moment. The leak that is currently getting the most attention (the Ninka leak) has some compelling information behind it.... but it also has Shulk nonsensically using stances and it also has Guar Plains as his home stage.

I'm really not a fan of Guar Plains as a stage.... it's a cool location in game, and any Xenoblade stage is bound to be amazing, but there are so many more unique looking possibilities.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Warning Received
Oh, speaking of dreams, I had a dream last night that Shulk's entry was on the back of a Telethia that squeezed itself through a small portal. While it wouldn't make sense, it would be pretty boss for Shulk to be dropped off by a Telethia.
I had a similar idea (by which I mean "cool but doesn't make complete sense"), where he could do something like Ganondorf. Instead of emerging from a portal of darkness, he emerges from a blue/grey vision-styled portal.

Shulk is included in literally every possible and living Smash leak at the moment. The leak that is currently getting the most attention (the Ninka leak) has some compelling information behind it.... but it also has Shulk nonsensically using stances and it also has Guar Plains as his home stage.

I'm really not a fan of Guar Plains as a stage.... it's a cool location in game, and any Xenoblade stage is bound to be amazing, but there are so many more unique looking possibilities.
What is this compelling info, actually? I saw the thing about the palette swaps for Mario and Bowser that Shun_one posted (lending credibility), and if Shun is Ninka's source, then I guess that's good. Is there more that I'm missing?

I'm also not too keen on a stance-change Shulk, but hey, if he's playable I certainly won't complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What is this compelling info, actually? I saw the thing about the palette swaps for Mario and Bowser that Shun_one posted (lending credibility), and if Shun is Ninka's source, then I guess that's good. Is there more that I'm missing?

I'm also not too keen on a stance-change Shulk, but hey, if he's playable I certainly won't complain.
Yeah, Shun is Ninka's source, you can find it all if you go the rumors and leaks Wii U / 3DS group.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
dat paper mario stage I bet the paper mario supporters are ****ting themselves right about now

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
But what better way to end an exciting week, eh? I'd be all for a last-second Direct with Xenoblade X info then a Shulk reveal.
Almost all directs are last minute, we usually hear about them the day before. I'm saying next Tuesday for the direct.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
all I know is todays POTD makes up for the lost of Takamura

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Check the POTD
Oh sweet, a Paper Mario stage, about time!
It's based off Sticker Star
SAUKURAIIIIII
It also turns into a TTYD stage

hold me...

Man, such a good week so far. Takamaru finally getting some representation in Smash and now Paper Mario getting a stage! But if you ask me I wouldn't get too excited about the possibility of Paper Mario being playable. It could always happen, but I get the feeling if he was they wouldn't show his stage beforehand since that would spoil everyone on the reveal. But my stance on newcomers is if (once) Shulk gets in I don't care what other newcomer comes after (with the exception of Krystal and Bandana Dee don't hurt me) so I would be fine with Paper Mario. But the fact that they showed a Paper Mario stage first makes me think it's unlikely.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You could say that the arguments against Paper Mario are paper thin. :troll:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
You could say that the arguments against Paper Mario are paper thin. :troll:
We're putting those arguments in the shredder.
Let's not jump to conclusions guys and see how this unfolds.
If they put him in Smash 4 Sakurai will be making dat paper.

...that's all I got.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
well if you ask me these puns seem to be paper thin

Edit: man these jokes are ripping me apart

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
We're putting those arguments in the shredder.
Let's not jump to conclusions guys and see how this unfolds.
If they put him in Smash 4 Sakurai will be making dat paper.

...that's all I got.
Good, we wouldn't want you carrying all the paperweight.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm usually so good at puns, but I'm drawing a blank.

...wait A MINUTE...

D

Deleted member

*goes to burn some candles*

(DISCLAIMER: I did not make this pic.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I forgot how much I loved this cut scene. Prison Island would make such a great stage. Massive game spoilers up to Prison Island in the video, obviously.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I forgot how much I loved this cut scene. Prison Island would make such a great stage. Massive game spoilers up to Prison Island in the video, obviously.

You should probably place a spoiler tag on that thing.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I didn't realize we had already passed the "You can eat bread and not know how to bake it" segment of Chugga's Let's Play. Was there conversation of this?

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
If I breed him with my Pokémon, will the children know THUNDERBOLT as an egg move?
I dunno about THUNDERBOLT, but THUNDAHBOLT definitely.

Also with the Paper Mario talk in a Shulk thread I was reminded of something I made like a year ago. Big image.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom