• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way guys I just used my code for Mario Kart 8 and was wondering if any of you wanted one of the free games.
I'm sure most of you already have them but I just wanted to ask.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Hmm...I could honestly see it going both ways. On one hand, Shulk as a starter would make people more aware of xenoblade quicker, but if he is a hidden character, perhaps it would be because xenoblade chronicles is just starting as a series.

Also, just noticed that the loading icon is the smash symbol. Neat.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. It's a pretty nice touch, if I may say so myself.

DarkRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoungChief
3DS FC
4098-2758-3357
If Shulk is an unlockable, what should be the conditions to unlock him? An event match, or something more specific than that

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Piece of cake compared to my imagination.
Oh ho ho...
This holiday isn't just going to hell. It's going to hell in such a way that it also creates a landscape based on a corruption of your imagination on top of normal hell.
So when you see this...

...It'll be even worse.
Also, to keep this on topic, you'll also have to face off against treacherous versions of your precious dittsons.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I went with Monado Purge in my move set. Shulk jumps, swings his sword and sends out a green wave forward.

On another note, I just got back from the explosion that is the rumors and leaks thread. Seems like this "five stance Shulk" got slightly more likely. Someone suggested it may be Shulk switching party members that assist him, which would be pretty cool although I doubt thats it. Still makes no sense.....
Hmm...Purge could work. Just hoping the jump height is enough.

As for StanceShulk, I think it's probably a misunderstanding on the leaker's part if it's even remotely true. A 5-stance character just seems too clunky. And not to mention it's unfitting, and there are probably quite a few Monolith Soft people helping with the game anyway.

Even if it's in, I'm sure Sakurai implemented it in a way that makes sense. Party Members actually would make alot of sense, but I don't see Shulk being a character like that.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Shulk's starting animation should be him ripping the shirt he's wearing and the shirt says "Shulkamania".

I went with Monado Purge in my move set. Shulk jumps, swings his sword and sends out a green wave forward.

On another note, I just got back from the explosion that is the rumors and leaks thread. Seems like this "five stance Shulk" got slightly more likely. Someone suggested it may be Shulk switching party members that assist him, which would be pretty cool although I doubt thats it. Still makes no sense.....
That...really doesn't make much sense. I still say the moveset one of guys made up, where normal attacks build up a talent gauge and once filled you can do a modified version of a special attack, is the best moveset I've seen thus far and hope Sakurai does something like that.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Well we don't have a stance character yet I think, and seeing Sakurai going all out on the uniqueness of the newcomers (barring Lucina who's just an added bonus), I can see that happening somewhat.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh ho ho...
This holiday isn't just going to hell. It's going to hell in such a way that it also creates a landscape based on a corruption of your imagination on top of normal hell.
So when you see this...

...It'll be even worse.
Also, to keep this on topic, you'll also have to face off against treacherous versions of you precious dittsons.
Okay you win. I can't face my babies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'd be happy if Shulk was a playable character, but with the Gematsu Leak being disproved, this is an awkward situation. I am aware of Shulk's actor posting that message about lending his voice to 'big games, but he can't tell.' (Which is good, because Shulk and British accents go pretty well :p)

However, my sister had a theory about the Gematsu leak that may or may not harm Shulk's chances. Apparently, the leaker told Gematsu to "Enjoy Shulk", and we had the Xenoblade team retweeting Sakurai's post, so most of us thought we'd get Shulk. Instead, we got Robin :4robinm: and Lucina :4lucina:, and Chrom got confirmed as part of Robin's Final Smash, basically disproving a big part of the leak. My sister believes that the leaker must have gotten Shulk and Robin wrong, going with the belief that if they had played Xenoblade, but were unaware of what the default male Robin :4robinm: from Fire Emblem Awakening looks like, and if they saw an early black and white version of the roster, they might have gotten the two mixed up because they have a similar hairstyle.

This is just a theory, but regardless, I'd be really happy if Shulk was confirmed! :D I've been wanting him since I thought of the Smash Bros announcer saying in Classic Mode: "Versus... SHULK!"

Despite this, I'm in support for Shulk! Just don't make his disconfirmation brutal, Sakurai-san... :( Takamaru was heartbreaking enough. ;_;

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
If Shulk is an unlockable, what should be the conditions to unlock him? An event match, or something more specific than that
I can imagine an event where the player can only play as Robin on the Junks stage with Shulk as the enemy. If you beat him, Shulk's unlocked. They both have a lot in common after all...

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
By the way guys I just used my code for Mario Kart 8 and was wondering if any of you wanted one of the free games.
I'm sure most of you already have them but I just wanted to ask.
That's really nice of you to offer. I had all of the games except for Wii Party U when I used my code so I just went with that.

My guess is Shulk will be an unlockable character. Sakurai has got to pull off some flashy newcomer reveals close to launch and Shulk certainly fits the bill.

Shulk vs. Ridley reveal guys. Its gonna happen, I hope.

Hmm...Purge could work. Just hoping the jump height is enough.

As for StanceShulk, I think it's probably a misunderstanding on the leaker's part if it's even remotely true. A 5-stance character just seems too clunky. And not to mention it's unfitting, and there are probably quite a few Monolith Soft people helping with the game anyway.

Even if it's in, I'm sure Sakurai implemented it in a way that makes sense. Party Members actually would make alot of sense, but I don't see Shulk being a character like that.
Yeah, Sakurai would probably increase the height to make sense in Smash.

I agree. Who honestly thinks of a stance character in relation to Xenoblade? Good point, Monolith does tend to help out in various Nintendo games over the years. Whatever Shulk ends up as, Sakurai has definitely proven that he can make new and unique newcomers (except for Lucina). I'm confident Shulk will make everyone say "OP, awesome character, blah blah blah"

Everest

Smash Cadet
Maybe playing more than 90 hours of matches. That's the time I needed to complete Xenoblade. It would be a great reference to these good old JRPG !

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Maybe playing more than 90 hours of matches. That's the time I needed to complete Xenoblade. It would be a great reference to these good old JRPG !
That would be faithful to the series, but that would take way too long to play as him. How about 45 matches?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Anyone have any possible recolors for Shulk? I really want to see a White/Gold or Black/Gold recolor.

Everest

Smash Cadet
That would be faithful to the series, but that would take way too long to play as him. How about 45 matches?
Well if youtake in consideration that Smash Bros. 4 is indeed a Smash Bros., 80 hours of actual gameplay are what ? Nothing that can't be done in one or two days. Yes 80 hours in one or two days, that's how SSB is.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
AOT is overrated, by the way
You know, as much as I like people to be able to share their opinions and stuff, replying to one of my comments and saying that will get you murdered in your sleep.
Have fun :D
p.s.iknowyou'rejokingbutimalsojokingunlessyourenotjokinginwhichcaseillhaveyourfacefordinner

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You know, as much as I like people to be able to share their opinions and stuff, replying to one of my comments and saying that will get you murdered in your sleep.
Have fun :D
But it is though. :troll:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
It's hard to take care of a Duckson, two Dogsons, a Dittson and a teenage Dunkson all at the same time.
The struggle is real.

Y'know, I just thought of a prank Sakurai would do (not really, but humor me). He announces Shulk as a assist trophy then a week later in a direct shows a trailer where Shulk gets a vision that he'll be a assist trophy and changes it, Shulk is playable, Shulkamania starts runnin' wild, etc. It would be funny but I doubt my heart could take it.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I can imagine an event where the player can only play as Robin on the Junks stage with Shulk as the enemy. If you beat him, Shulk's unlocked. They both have a lot in common after all...
not to be rude but how are they alike if I can ask?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well if youtake in consideration that Smash Bros. 4 is indeed a Smash Bros., 80 hours of actual gameplay are what ? Nothing that can't be done in one or two days. Yes 80 hours in one or two days, that's how SSB is.
That would not be fast enough for some people, and I would like to start playing Shulk ASAP!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
not to be rude but how are they alike if I can ask?
They both are controlled by god like beings and are level headed, thoughtful individuals. They also can do things most people can't do (i.e, use magic/swords and the Monado.) .

Everest

Smash Cadet
It would be neat if they went all out and not only gave him recolors but costume changes ala Wario using his various armor sets
My memory may be wrong but I vaguely remember that most of his armor sets were pretty ugly :(

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
was I the only one who actually liked the quirk armor

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The struggle is real.

Y'know, I just thought of a prank Sakurai would do (not really, but humor me). He announces Shulk as a assist trophy then a week later in a direct shows a trailer where Shulk gets a vision that he'll be a assist trophy and changes it, Shulk is playable, Shulkamania starts runnin' wild, etc. It would be funny but I doubt my heart could take it.
A pokeball lands on the ground, and out comes Pikachu! His trainer screams "thunderbolt!" but instead of executing the move, Pikachu turns around with a confused look. Dittson brings the type advantage!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom