• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Talked to a mod, we're good. But seriously, I woke up with a massive tension headache and excruciating neck pain. I did NOT need this.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Talked to a mod, we're good. But seriously, I woke up with a massive tension headache and excruciating neck pain. I did NOT need this.
Thank you! I myself am very anxious about something I have to do tomorrow, so I'm a bit on edge.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Man, this thread is so depressed right now... I don't want this thread to be depressed.
THIS is an absolutely beautiful and cheerful while also calming soundtrack. Perfect. Let's just forget all this salt. :awesome:
It doesn't help being salty for too long, especially when you have other problems.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Man, this thread is so depressed right now... I don't want this thread to be depressed.
THIS is an absolutely beautiful and cheerful while also calming soundtrack. Perfect. Let's just forget all this salt. :awesome:
I certainly wouldn't call it depressed. Sure, some jimmies might have gotten rustled, but it's certainly far from depressed.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
To get this thread moving, how would you guys rate Shulk's tier in the game?
We'd have to actually play as him before we could ever assign a tier. We have no idea how he'll even play as of yet. Even once we do see him, we'll need to see him in action against all of the other characters in a competitive setting.
Shulk for SSS Godslayer tier. :troll:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love you guys/gals/nopon.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I certainly wouldn't call it depressed. Sure, some jimmies might have gotten rustled, but it's certainly far from depressed.
Agh, I still hate this bad atmosphere. Maybe "depressed" is exaggerated, but it's certainly not a good atmosphere. We had people fighting on the "more/less Nintendo" argument, then a certain dude instantly ran to other topics and spread misleading messages, then we had people complaining about neck problems... I just want to have an happy evening, dang it!

Also, I present to you: The godly Xenoism theme song!

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Agh, I still hate this bad atmosphere. Maybe "depressed" is
exaggerated, but it's certainly not a good atmosphere. We had people fighting on the "more/less Nintendo" argument, then a certain dude instantly ran to other topics and spread misleading messages, then we had people complaining about neck problems... I just want to have an happy evening, dang it!

Also, I present to you: The godly Xenoism theme song!
Oddly enough, I've been listening to that for the last few minutes now. I use it to block out the political ads when my dad's watching the news. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ahhh the Shulk thread. The only place on the outer character threads where we can just sit and relax and toss around stupidly awesome gifs and pictures of Cookie-Shulk and his Cookiedo. Which reminds me of this:

An actual mod I used at one point. Oh Donut Ike...

Do you guys see Shulk as mainly a starting or secret character?

Sorry if this was asked already.
I dunno, I think it really depends on what the starting roster is. Since I can already picture a starting roster of about 30 with what we have, I'm kind of leaning towards unlockable. Marth, Mac, Rosalina, Villager and WFT are obviously not unlockable since they're on the boxart, I'm unsure about Palutena.

I get the feeling he's unlockable. Man, if I was one of those people who cared about roster spoilers, the next couple of months would be nerve-wracking as ****.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I know that you secretly love me Titan.
Solfiner x TitanTeaTime.

I think Shulk will be a secret character. He has to be a secret character, since the starting roster is going to be revealed soon I think. Sakurai already stated that the 3DS version is finished, after all.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

I'd say unlockable.
You got the game that morning, you've been playing for 15 hours straight, you're about to get off when you hear those sirens, you see the silhouette of a young man holding a familiar sword. Your heart stops, that iconic theme plays.
3, 2, 1...
It's Dickson's head on Shulk's body
GO!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Found him and sort of informed the thread about what's happinin'. Feel free to check me and correct me if there's any wrong info.
Personally i would be happy if Solfiners stops, this is a Nintendo forum, not-Nintendo fans have no place here. Anyway im just going to pretend that he does not exist at all.
Hypothetically, let's say that Shulk is revealed as an AT. How would you react?

I'd be legit surprised, and in utter shock, and incredibly upset. My purchase of Smash Bros. relies heavily on Shulk's inclusion.
Honestly, only 4 of the newcomers are from unrepresented Nintendo series, and that is not enough for me.
Lucina, Rosalina, Palutena... Over-representing series... Despite the support that those characters have and the game play innovations that offer, i would replace any of those 3 Characters for others, one of them, Shulk.
I just want more characters from unrepresented franchises, Smash 4 is going to disapoint me in gameplay most likely...
Lets see if they can atleast bring 3 more characters from not represented series.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I have the perfect vacation spot for you.
I have an image of it, right here.

I can also give you 2 free passes if you like
...actually you know what, make those absolutely mandatory passes
Reading this in Riki's voice while seeing your Riki avatar is absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom